/who/ - Doctor Who General

Easter edition

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/04/doctor-who-review-thin-ice-season-10-episode-3-recap-spoilers-1201810880/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fug

REMINDER TUAT IS IN 3 DAYS AND /who/RE WHO WENT TO THE SCREENING CONFIRMED ITS CRIMBOKINO

Fuck white people.

indiewire.com/2017/04/doctor-who-review-thin-ice-season-10-episode-3-recap-spoilers-1201810880/

I fucking hate Christmas Specials.

I don't watch them, I'm an atheist

Only fuck white people? can I not fuck other nationalities too? i feel like only fucking white people is limiting myself, i mean, beggars cant be choosers

Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Here's how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account

Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization >Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.

Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want
Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks) For added safety, choose items fulfilled by amazon to avoid possible sharing of your personal address!

Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses

Step 5:???

Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, that's not what this is about.
Would like everyone who participates to receive a gift, so if you see a ** next to someone's list, move onto the next one that hasn't received a gift.

Gift Givers, please reply with the list you
purchased for so it can be noted. Also change the URL to smile.amazon.com so a portion of the sale will be passed on to the charity of your choice!

17514VADVEQIM**
DGXY4RJPSQWB**
2CG83V99TQ9RD
OFSL0NT2DR5U**
2IZSELC8RIKC9**
1ICTY5EYJA536
2HR8QCNPF2EJV
2869K8NQWTDYU**
3PAIZYX4T3S3W -Amazon . co . uk**
1MXNH09BNBX5 -Amazon . co . uk
2IZ3HNTFTN5L1 -Amazon . co . uk**
3CAH1CFP6G2EL**
2YB70I6MMXBS3**
323YTTMPJ785K
262G3I4KG1F45
3HGMMHSH5SX4K
2MQZUPOL0CKTX-Amazon . co . uk
2HYIJO0I43LA7-Neo**
1G2S444Y78RO5-Amazon . co . uk**
3V8DHXR5U4LJX -Amazon .co .uk
22DPUTUPGZTCG
37NRLTRDGWL6P
user requests a the Radical Doctor Lym requests Jess art. ?
user requests art of a Ironside trying to make tea. ?
Post your lists!
Don't want a physical gift? Make a request for OC arts, Vocaroo holiday greeting, or something else maybe? Perhaps someone will fulfill your request!
Merry /who/mas!
Will add them to the copy pasta for the next thread.

If the First looks different because of the regeneration, then why does the Twelfth look like usual? And why did the Tenth, postponing his regeneration, looks like usual? Fuck you, Moffat. You fucking hack.

twelfth has longer hair, tenth has a longer dick. they did look different when they postponed regen, just in more subtle ways

Not going to read the thread, just checking in again to say I'm still unspoiled unless rusty was legit, but even then I'm unsure on it so there's still an element of surprise involved
Just a couple more days to go, are you proud of me? Hope I'm not missing out on any wiki or dwsr drama but I think it's worth it

Literally nothing has happened. Apart from S9 soundtrack announcement yesterday. Also the capaldi rewatch streams have been pretty comfy.

doctor who is dead

You can't see his face when it happens? I thought you said the morph is like an improved version of Nine>Ten? Unless I'm being retarded and you mean that you can't see his face immediately prior to the start of the regeneration.

full proper spoiler dont look

i mean you cant see his whole face, the final shot is the same shot of his eyes from the 50th, hence you cant see his mouth

Ah, I understand now. Thanks, Kindanon.

>the first and last on-screen shot of PCap as the Doctor is a close up of his eyes. Pottery.

I love that stuff. RTD's era begins and ends with Rose in 2005. Matt Smith's era kind of begins and ends with Amy Pond amd the "raggedy doctor". Missy's first appearance, she has an army of flying cybermen, Simm's last appearance, he's dying surrounded by an army of flying cybermen. and now, Capaldi's first and last appearance are his eyes. fucking kino

this is assuming this was what talalay intended and not cropped by the beeb for our screening for whatever reason kek, i doubt that though.

nah, Talalay loves that shit too

The only worry for me is that because it's not his whole face there might be some babies that say that this is the last episode of Doctor Who might try and discredit the regeneration.

Or i'm just worrying about nothing probably

people will do that anyway. i met someone once who had decided that david tennant's doctor died in the radiation booth, and everything after was not canon.

If anybody is fucking stupid enough to use logic like that then they're not worth listening to in the first place. Especially as the split-second morph from Eleven to Twelve pretty much happens off-screen.

desu the idea of the doctor dying in TDF/TUAT is fucking kino regardless of whatever really happens, capaldi plays the doctor wanting to die so fucking well

take this whole general to reddit

saged

Saked

Just watching "Avril et le monde truqué". Is this a cool steampunk dalek on the right? Fucking hell. I hope this is an intentional reference.

TDF had the perfect ending for the master imo as well. if the show was going to end, id end it with TDF.

on the plus side atleast i get to have 2 new doctor who reveals before the hiatus instead of just one, im still so dissapointed were going to have nothing for the better part of a year

Is this as good as it was hyped up to be?

It’s pretty much a clear given at this point that a major theme in Twelve’s run has been trauma, ptsd, grief, and loss.
The possibility that anything could exist after the war, for him at least, did not exist.
12s journey has definitely been one of healing, but at the same time, he’s never fully gotten to the concept of what comes after the trauma, because even when the war was over, the loss never stopped. He is systematically stripped of everything. He lost Clara, lost her memory, lost river. He’s then given the charge of guarding Missy, an opportunity he takes to try and rebuild a friendship that turned bloody centuries ago and prove to the both of them that if they are in all truth, so much alike, that has to mean she has a capacity for goodness, too. Then he meets Bill and suddenly he’s got the chance to be The Doctor again like he used to be. And then Bill becomes a Cyberman and Missy walks away, and the war is back and again he’s all that stands between one little knot of humans and slaughter, fighting off his own regeneration because he can’t afford to do this now, if he has to die, he’s going to die here and now, in this body, protecting these people while he still can and while he’s still ready, because god knows what the next one will be like.
So that’s what we’re left with on the cusp of Twice Upon a Time. That’s why it’s so important that he gets to see Bill alive, to know that she’s ok, to know there was something after all that mess for her. That’s why it’s no small coincidence that this story takes place during WWI - because there’s always another war coming, no matter how hard you fight. But that isn’t the point. He needs hope that there is still something after, that there can be more than just pain to compound pain, on and on forever. The point is hope, and that’s what the Doctor’s lost, and that’s what he has to get back.

K I N O

M8 the only person who remotely hyped it up was me, and that was purely on the basis that it was a new writer (with a funny name) who just won the Bruntwood Prize.

this pretty much describes every NuWho Doctor.

because the first is a different actor as was before.

moffat better go out with a bang

>Getting a cute girl as the doctor
>Plus shes a great actress
>The retard supreme Moffat is leaving the show and someone better is taking over

This is gonna be a good christmas desu

this

Oh it'll be a bang. Bang, in the sense of fucking. In fact, you might even call it... a moffucking.

I'm excited for Jodie and think she'll be amazing, but I'm really apprehensive about Chibs. I think there's gonna be a lot of Moff revisionism over the next few years by people that claimed to hate him.

I LIKED MOFF BEFORE IT WAS COOL

are there any vinyls of nuwho soundtracks?

for day of the doctor i think maybe

/WHO/ ACAPELLA OF BREAKING THE WALL WHEN?

fuck off

makes sense if it really is gold's last episode. thanks for your spoilers kindanon, they're way more tantalizing and exciting than the ones spread from the first screening.

>Chibnall is better than Moffat
>even though he hasn't written a single good or memorable episode unlike Moff
Wew

Is Bill back to normal? My understanding in TDF was that Bill is now, to an outside observer, the same as Heather in The Pilot, but they can communicate with each other because they're both pissfus.

>I LOVE STANDARD BOILER-PLATE BBC POLITICS INJECTED INTO MY SCI-FI SHOWS

how much do you want spoiled? its hard to explain without saying a bit

just spoil my shit up senpai

Im pretty sure with moffat gone there wont be as much political stuff

OBAMA'S GONNA END THE RECESSION!!

>Broadchurch s3
user...

What was with RTD's obsession with that?

alrighty

bill isnt really in the episode, the main "enemy" of the episode takes people from their point of death and creates an exact memory copy of the, to preserve them, this is what Bill is in this episode, so no she isnt back to normal.

that being said, the copy of bill knows she is bill but still believes shes real because she has all of bills memories.

it really wasn't clear how heather plays into this at all, since they tell us that people are taken right before they die, yet bill remembers everything she does in TDF

basically either

>bill never became a puddle, just a memory copy (only one bill ever existed)
>bill DID become the puddle, her and the memory copy are separate existing entities

Most of the political shit you guys keep spamming are from shit Moffat didn't even write.

Typical britbong cuck fawning over obama

So Clara be like that too, then? And Nardole?

thanks

where have you seen the episode?

Did you like the episode? What would you rate it out of 10?

Nah. Everyone went from hating on to loving Russell because for all shitty plot resolutions and cheesey references his character development was spot on and he knew what audiences wanted. Moffat's only stand out skill was his ability to write good standalones and he only did like 2 his whole era.

whovians screening

yup, i literally did not expect nardy at ALL and everyone in the studio started cheering when he came back

9/10 obviously im biased after just seeing it but it was the best regeneration episode from nuwho, characterkino wise

for all the*

>Everyone hated Russell
>he knew what audiences wanted
Okay user

I think I said this in a previous thread, but even knowing the spoilers and such I'm still very much looking forward to this. Do 1 and 12 have a lot of serious heart to heart conversations?

nardie thicc

they have some really nice moments together about acceptance, they also dont get along at all, 12 feels like he's baby sitting him in some moments and being tutored by him in others, they bounce of eachother really well, they did a really good job of making him seem like the child doctor compared to capaldi, One also has some really heartwarming moments with bill too.

Just wanted I wanted out of the episode. Thanks user.

>his character development was spot on
The only character who developed properly was Donna and Mickey to an extent.

i think martha had pretty good development desu

>his character development was spot on
>The Doctor went from being an interesting likable character suffering from PTSD to a inconsistent ego maniac and the only unlikable Doctor so far
>Rose went from being a likable character who wanted to change her boring day to day lifestyle to being The Doctor's Cockgoblin who got mad whenever anyone that's not her is around the doctor.

That's some top notch character development user!