A LITERAL DEUS EX

OH, FUN FACT: we'll never know who the priestess was because she fell off a cliff. so like the horse samurai guy she's another disappointment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fuM3p7HiHm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't matter who she was before she put on the mask.

you are trying way to hard

I'm confused, why did you think either the priestess or the horseman need more development? Pretty clear what they're contribution is

You know, it's funny when people complain about unresolved plot points when that shit happened on an episodic basis in the original show.

Isn't it sort of established in Samurai Jack that the elder spirits help Jack when he's in need?

It was a matter of finding himself again, removing the evil within him and reforming the peace inside.

>like the horse samurai guy

are you literally so dumb that when a show talks about suicide constantly while showing to a dark figure on a horse and playing discordant music you wonder "who is that?"

did you go to school? have you read any books?

being a waste of time?

What do you mean a deus ex? Anyone who saw the birth of evil could see this coming from a mile away.

>are you literally so dumb that when a show talks about suicide constantly while showing to a dark figure on a horse and playing discordant music you wonder "who is that?"
In all fairness until the episode where he took Jack to seppuku it wasn't exactly clear what his thing was. He left a pretty vague "IT IS TIME"

IF I THROW AN ARROW THROUGH YOUR TORSO WOULD YOU DIE?

only it's trying to be something bigger than an episodic kids show and it can't keep making this rookie mistakes

>we'll never know who the priestess was
She was Ashi's mother and the leader of an Aku Cult, what's more to know?

calling it now
demongo controls evil mom now

The spirits helping Jack and jack's father is pretty well established. I don't see why you are surprised.

everyone figured out what he was the episode before he was confronted, the problem is that it was built up so much ever since ep1 and just blew its load in a bogstandard fight scene

>it's trying to be something bigger than an episodic kids show
that's just your interpretation of events

who got to smash

because seriously, fuck that guy

your thread was deleted already
this guy must be ban evading, he posts this thread every hour

Nah, I'm not this OP.

My thread was complaining about complainers but unfortunately anons (and the mod) seem to have misunderstood my intentions.

Because folks got autistic about "muh deeper meaning n shiet!", when really the Horseguy was just Japanese Death, and the identity of the Priestess is probably just an unknown, just a masked evil that's meant to be Ashi's inner demons, though a bit more physical.

Also the underlying problem we've been kinda seeing since Episode 5, that Gennedy remembered "Oh shit I have 10 episodes to finish the whole show while all the grown up fans watch with anticipation!" So most of the slower gradual development probably got thrown out so we can focus on Jack going from sad depressed Biker dude, into the Jack we all know and recognize.

After tonight we now have one final episode to go before the two-parter finale that's going to end Samurai Jack as best as Gennedy can.

>we'll never know who the priestess was because she fell off a cliff.
Grey was in the recording booth with Phil and Tara for the finale session. Either the Priestess or a sister is coming back.

It would be extremely painful

Man I barely even watched Samurai Jack and I knew this.
Maybe that's OP's problem? He never watched the original. I suppose if that's the case then the whole spiritual and spirits and seppuku shit can be confusing, or at least, unexpected

Ashi's mother was pretty shit tier fighter

I mean, I know her focus was on Jack but she couldn't even sense an arrow coming. Hell, she could barely fight off her own pupil. What a dumb cunt. That single arrow killed her too.

Was anyone legitimately curious? Unless it was someone Jack fought before, it doesn't really matter. And even if it was, who cares? The only thing the Priestess needed to be was a crazy cultist who popped out seven babies to kill Jack.

Im pretty sure it was the fall.

It's kind of funny you mention the "oh shit 10 episodes" because honestly watching the last one I was hoping for more advances to the plot.
We're 7 episodes in and only now is he really beginning his quest. Aku's barely been in the Season

>implying the priestess won't be back

It's the only logical step. Also Grey was recording for the last episode so she might be in it.

Well, unlike her daughters, I doubt she went through the intense training meant to kill Jack, which is why she had the daughters to begin with

She might considering how stupid this show is when it comes to people dying.

How Ashi and Jack survived that big ass fall but everyone else died.

She's just gonna look like an older Ashi.

She looked dead in the air as soon as it hit desu. I thought it might have struck her heart or something?
Still shit tier, I mean, she did set out to kill Jack. If she was hoping to fight him he wouldn't even break a sweat. Dumb cunt.

Could just be a flashback really

jack is the god's favorite and ashi fell with her chainwhip/was concious while falling

do you even know what episodic means?

pretty sure her plan was for the army to get him tired then finish the job

The amount of people saying "muh why no info on priestess and why bad ending for horseman" makes me really afraid for when this series ends and Demongo never makes another appearance since these retards post a million times a day about how they think he's going to come back.

He has three episodes for Jack and Ashi to meet the big rebel army, storm Aku's castle, have the big final showdown with Aku, Have Jack (probably) return to the past, and on top of ALL OF THAT, have a epilogue to the WHOLE thing. All in three weeks.

That's a tall order to fill up.

That army was terrible.
There's no way someone who spent 20 years training 7 girls for one purpose was actually relying on them to get anything done lel

I kinda blame Gennedy for having the first four episodes be kinda slow in development, because it kinda set the precedent that we were going to see something happen slowly or something.

Like I said, Episode 5 was when Gennedy went "Oh shit I should probably go somewhere with all of this since I'm halfway through my final season!".

>Have Jack (probably) return to the past
Honestly I don't think that's happening. Genndy said the ending would be bittersweet and not everyone would like it and I could see Jack accepting that he can't go back happening.

Yeah he did say that every episode would have "a new reveal" and really so far that isn't true at all. One cool thing has happened in each episode, but not many "reveals".

They were probably there to distract Ashi, not attack Jack.

>have an epilogue to the WHOLE thing.
is this really necessary or even important? i ask because we have seen how style is prioritized over plot in past seasons. an ending where things finish just at the very last second wouldn't surprise me, i know there is a narrative term for that kind of thing but it escapes me now

Hence why I said "probably". There's nothing to really say anything at this point. I'm just along for the ride to see how the whole thing ends.

And if Jack and Ashi fug

Well...yeah. You can't just have Jack stare out and go "I guess I'm not going back to the past, but at least Aku is dead right" as he winks to the camera. After years of waiting for the final season, fans are going to WANT some kind of epilogue.

the big problem is that the gods give Jack his sword, he just accepts that he got mad 50 years ago.

and that whole "the sword left me" is bullshit. the sword got knocked over a hole. it didn't dissapear into thin air or floated away to go back to the gods. Jack and Ashi should've found the sword in the bottom of the hole.

I don't care what the meaning is, it's still an asspull.

Did she know Ashi was with Jack?
I remember the hallucinations Ashi had, but thought they were just that honestly

>LOOKS LIKE SQUIRREL IS BACK ON THE MENU

how do orcs know what a menu is?

>it didn't dissapear into thin air
But it did.

>not a callback to that ashi scene in the first episode with the gods asking jack "ARE YOU WORTHY" three times

Well if the sister's ash suit really was magic then I assume the priestess has access to all kinds and was able to track at least Ashi through it. She spent over twenty years training those girls, I doubt she'd just let them go without having some way of knowing what the fuck happened to them.

>no hash

weak

Gets back to the past. Kills Aku. Dies in the battle. Last words are him introducing himself as he bleeds out.
"They call me Jack"

But nobody understands, because he says it in English, like a fucking goober.

Ask Tolkien.

YOU'RE A BIG-BOOTIED BITCH

>"and so, I wasn't able to find it again"
more like he didn't look.

does anyone else get the impression that Jack just got up and walked away? thinking to himself "i'm not going down there".

True enough
Honestly though if she did know her speech for trying to get Ashi back to her side was really weak.

Something about the way she delivered the
>I KNEW you'd fail us
Gave me the impression she didn't know, but just had a feeling.

For you

Yeah, pretty much. He just figured "what's the point" there. Since he can't go back and save his parents any more, why bother?

Nah, that would be supremely stupid.
It's not like it's hard for him to go down, befriending animals is something that was common to him

>does anyone else get the impression that Jack just got up and walked away? thinking to himself "i'm not going down there".

no

Well obviously. He didn't know Mr. Ez-Elevator the Parakeet of Convenient Retrieval back then.

He's also been shown to effortlessly jump down long distances without any trouble, he could probably just hop down the ledges

And if Jack and Ashi fug
I can tell you right now that's not going to happen

What do you expect him to do, climb down a massive hole with no supplies?

>got hit with 1 (one) arrow
>we didn't see the body
>she has claws that can cut into stone

Not hard to connect the dots.

Nah, especially that chasm didnt look lije something Jack couldnt get inside.

tell me something, wouldn't have Jack been able to emditate somewhere else to have the gods give him back his sword? why the hell did he have to wait 50 years and develop suicidal thoughts to finally decide to do something about his lost sword?

>He just figured "what's the point" there.
>implying you'd take your mortal enemies word at face value immediately

>"Hey I destroyed all the Portals nigga"
>oh shit better kill myself
It was probably somewhere in those 50 years where it dawned on him it was true

They fucked up by ordering only 10 episodes.

They fucked up by bringing Ashi into it IF, IF, they were only going to do 10 episodes. I don't hate Ashi, or her arc, but they can't do it right, and haven't, in 10 episodes, and her story taking up this much time is making two stories worse, not one story better.

Ashi doesn't act like someone that grew up in a cave. She was redeemed too quickly. She became 'waifu masturabation' material instantly.

Jack has demons, which was properly set up, but not properly explored, and not properly resolved. It's all happening to quickly.

so he has to wait 50 years and meet some useless chick to finally get off his ass to do it?

What did you expect?

He's wandering in the dark and suddenly
>oh look, I found it

That would be even more lame than what actually happened

blame demarco

>wouldn't have Jack been able to emditate somewhere else to have the gods give him back his sword?
Well they went back to the chasm to see if it was still at the bottom of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=fuM3p7HiHm4

looks like next ep will be some alien reference

Seeing Ashi turn from evil to good probably rekindled a tiny spark of faith in good's ability to overcome evil.

>Ashi doesn't act like someone that grew up in a cave
user do you have experience with this because I don't know what you mean

she is sickeningly cute.

even if the story put me to sleep.

No portal
No hope
No balance
Want to Sudoku
Bounty Hunters behind my ass.

Ashi sort of felt useless that episode
Yeah she fought guys off while Jack meditated but I mean, is that really worthy of a new protagonist you've wrote into the show.
I feel like she sort of needs to justify her existence in a way, sort of like a "what's even the point of you? What are you going to add?"

I don't hate Ashi though. I also get that she was the one to restore hope to Jack, but that could also have been wrote in a different way with a character who wouldn't then go on to be partners with Jack

You don't need firsthand experience to understand that a shut in with a supremely fucked up childhood suddenly can't do a complete 180 and turn into paragon waifu material

It takes years, decades to reverse childhood trauma and most of the time people never overcome it for their entire lives

what else would have happened? the sword just felt into the hole. where else could it have gone? the "sword left me" explanation is weak as hell, just to have Jack meet the gods for no reason other than "parallels with his father".

I cried.

what the hell are they doing now? a fucking filler episode?

Someone took the sword and there were clues left behind to indicate it

Or maybe a hermit living at the bottom of the hole took it and now Jack has to either fight him or do some mystical spirit world shit to get it back

>put me to sleep
I thought it was great. You must have just found it so /comfy/ you lulled off to sleep. That's what I'm going with because I'll have to call you a faggot if you're criticising SotS, and we don't want that do we

It was foreshadowed in the first episode that she was different. Ashi may still be getting over childhood trauma but that still doesn't mean she can't get rid of indoctrination from her childhood.

I was under the impression that Jack actually spent a good deal of time showing her the horrors of Aku, but i kinda agree that due to the 10 episode limit they had to rush things a bit too much.

You also don't need firsthand experience to understand that that kind of realism is entirely optional in a 10-episode cartoon story arc about a time traveling samurai battling millions of robots and a hyperdemonic shape shifting overlord with laser eyes.

Was that other aspect of Jack actually Mad Jack from the first season? If he was, that'd be pretty neat, festering inside him for all that time.

>we'll never know who the priestess was because she fell off a cliff. so like the horse samurai guy she's another disappointment.

Eh, I think she'll be back.

>it's just a cartoon bro

fuck you

Having Jack reset to his previous look feels weird with everything that he's gone through. I kinda was hoping for a hybrid of past and new Jack ('balanced'), with bun back up and/or trimmed beard with new clothes.

Minor, but that was my only beef.

I definitely think she'll be back. There's no way her death would be that anti-climactic...right?

You do realize it's a magical sword right ? It can't harm the innocent and such. Aku even tried to use it to kill jack and it didn't leave a scratch on him, it's not a run of the mill samurai sword