Just got stood up by a woman I'm smitten with. Post uplifting comic shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h4TM6kX9dW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why'd ya do it?

>Uplifting
Not tonight, bathe in your negativity with a bit of humor.

Can't be that bad.

Well y'got your foot in the door. More than most of us do.

This. It's the only way.

That sucks OP, but think of it this way: you avoided wasting time on the type of rotten girl who stands people up.

Tell me about it, at least OP isn't me
>Like girl, don;t know how to bring it up
>Friends and co-workers telling me to go for it
>Talk a bit but nothing really clicks
>Everything seem too 'safe" whenever we hang out
>Notice traits I dislike such as impulsiveness, sore-loserness in fun events and trying extra hard to fit in
>Seems uninterested in me everyday
>Still hang with her knowing it will go nowhere

This awkwardness is killing me.

I would never like this pairing, they made Hawkman to always reincarnate and to get cucked by John, painful stuff, Would have been okay if they never introduced him but they did and they also showed Katmu Tui. TAS universe is a universe of pain.

Take a sip.

>TAS universe is a universe of pain.

Oh God, the psychological torment.

youtube.com/watch?v=h4TM6kX9dW0

Man, if you're already seeing what you DON'T like and you're not even in any kind of romantic relationship yet, it's just bad news all around. Move on quickly

Just be a bullshitter like her, then hit it and quit it, homes.

Forgot the uplifting part. Its gonna get better user, just wait.

>Just got stood up by a woman.
>OP image.
Fitting?

Greentext the fucking story already.

It's not going to get any better.
The next time you like someone, the same shit will happen. What you are doing is escapism, but you need to face the truth.

>face the truth.
That 2D is superior and build a waifu shrine?

Hal did nothing wrong.

>to get cucked by John

If it makes you feel better, John got cucked by that archaeologist guy when he fucked Hawkgirl.

Give into the escapism

CARTER FOR THE WIN

that reality is an illusion and the universe is a hologram,

I actually hope we get to see demented Hal as a huge villain in a DCEU movie.

Would be hard to put in current DCEU, Parahal is probably one my favorite villains hope we see Convergence Hal soon .

Atleast you're not me
>Don't even have friends

Played by Ryan Reynolds.

Whoever plays him, I want to see him with some grey temples, so we know things are gonna get real.

That's Solomon, numbskull

Too late now.

>I want to see him with some grey temples
Why was this a thing with Comic characters? You've got Reed Richards, Ras al Ghul, Dr. Strange, Nick Fury and Hal Jordan all rocking the grey temples. What's up with that?

I guess it indicates a man has reached an age where he has the wisdom of worldly experience but he still maintains a lot of his vigor.

if only there was some kind of philosopical debating hero that saved the world by discussing morals and the nature of a man with villians

>Doc Samson
>Harly Quinn
>Lex Luthor
>Captain America
>Tyr Anasazi
>Reed Richards
Give or take that most of the "able to debate" writing in comics is from the 1940s-80s comics and now it's all about the punching and guns.

oh my god, m too.

let's start hermit club!

same

right in the self esteem I imagine.
take solace in the fact that nobody is truly unique and as such there are many that would suit you as much or better.
Just don't hype up how great said person is in your head, if possible.
Loneliness, lust and desperation tends to make us do dumb things and choose poorly.
Sounds like she was a waste of your time, how much is up to you.
Lastly, don't beat yourself up for trying as it's the only means of impovement, you're not the first(or last) to strike out(or perhaps dodge a bullet)

> the fourth dimensional Ziltoid the omniscient !

Not OP, but I also really needed to hear this tonight, from an external source. Thanks guy.

>Just got stood up by a woman

Theirs your problem /OP/
Download Grindr and go for the gay twinks.

No problem.
I find I asses my own problems better by seeing them in others and a bit of projecting.
I too had heartbreak today.
>chamber of reflection by mac demarco starts playing

This is what happens when you have expectations.

I just had sex with a girl after spilling so much spaghetti
ask me anything

How much spaghetti did you move in and around her vagina

Did she sound you with some brittle, uncooked spaghetti

Did you put on an "It's-a me, Mario" voice when you sprayed your spaghetti sauce

I didn't come, too much pressure

getting ghosted is the worst thing in the world
I hate all ghosts besides Casper, because he's just a dead kid and didn't deserve it

>TKINS

u dont no dat.

wat if he wote liek dis nd ws white nd rich so he had no excuse for being dumb?

CASPER DINDUUU NUFFIN

Cheer up dude. It's all a numbers game anyway. It's like being a door to door salesmen when it comes to dating. You knock on 10 doors and maybe 2 or 3 are buying what you are selling.

>hit on 100 girls
>get rejected by 100 girls
numbers

kek just keep trying m8

I did something like this but I dont really regret it anymore. the girl went through that whole edgy queer phase after high school and I haven't seen her since. So I think I got off easy

Kek

Spider-man makes everything better

Hey, man. At least you didn't marry your cousin, causing all the family to hate you, all so in the end she could cheat on you one night and get pregnant from some random she can't remember.

The point was that the archeologist guy was a (possible) reincarnation of Hawkman, but fate had it that Hawkgirl would always eventually love John instead of him.

But didn't John decided to defy fate and gave up on Hawkgirl?

John married Vixen. She was murdered by Shadow Thief (Hawkman's negative emotions that were given life somehow). He then had sex with Hawkgirl right after Vixen's funeral and got married soon after. Hawkman was executed in shame.

please say this is your life story

Yeah, no. Fuck those stupid Beyond comics that got tons of things from the DCAU wrong.

There was a point where the editors and writers weren't even sure in which continuity those awful comics took place. There were references to things like Batman Inc.

It fucking is. Never marry the girl you fell as a teen. Specially if she's family.

please tell me more about your life

There's not much to tell. We were the best of friends. She was a rebel like me. We fought our family at every turn and decided to do our thing. The marriage was both exhilarating and depressing. We were happy. Then shit just fucking changed after a few years. I learned about the cheating, we fought and broke up. I learned about the pregnancy and thinking it was mine we got back together. Then her friend told me i wasn't the father, that she tried to convince her to abort, that she didn't even knew who the guy was and so on. This on her sixth month. We fought again and broke up once more, but i gave her all the help and support she needed. Family learned about the whole thing and hated me even more. Now shit is fucking complicated as hell. We're still married, but there's too much bad blood and even then i'm pretty much the little boy's dad.

My whole life is a constant guilt-trip.

What spaghetti did you spill?

harley quinn? seems more like a mass-debatable than a debater to be honest

Like Barry Allen, Hal Jordan is here to stay. WB wants him, DC wants him, I doubt we'll get Emerald Twilight.

Wait you seriously married your cousin? Wtf is the matter with people in Alabama

I would read the hell out of this.

I thought it was a direct reincarnation, he has all the memories granted they were kinda hazy.
Shit like this makes me hate the beyondverse, also hate how they made Dick into a one eyed bitter old Man.

Or how they made Lord Superman into a generic evil villain obsessed about Wonder Woman when the whole point of the Lords universe was that they were like the main universe only with the added PTSD of Wally dying by President Luthor.

I hate how when Terry goes to the Lords universe, there's still crime and gangs, it should have been close to injustice universe.

That whole arc was dumb as hell.

Lords Batman died before completing a Deus Ex Machina batsuit made of kryptonite and because of that a universe displaced WW spent years fighting Lords Superman without any win becoming the generic battle-hardened WW typical of Elseworlds when... she could have just finished the batsuit. Are you really going to tell me she couldn't get some scientist to help her?

No, political marriage was the only solution for the war to end, but somehow decades later Terry managed to finish the batsuit with ease when he got to the Lords universe and with it win stop Lords Superman.

Shit was contrived as fuck.

True, did they not even search the batcave when they demolished it, Terry found it pretty fast and finished it with Dicks help and why is Dick, Lord Supes' bitch. Beyond Verse is a mistake, I also hate how Ra mind swapped with Talia and wanted to fuck Bruce, that was pretty weird.

The death that is life

Yeah, I should greentext my story already. Not as interesting as you might think it'd be:

>Start pushing myself to hit on girls at uni and grab their numbers
>One of the girls I go on a date with, I'm instantly smitten with. Our date goes really well, we really click and talk for hours
>She texts me a lot after that, indicating she's interested
>Try to set up second date
>Ghosts me for a little bit
>Figure may as well give it another shot
>"Hey, wanna do X on Tuesday?"
>Is there another day you're free? I reserve Tuesdays for my bf. It's date night, lol"
>mnightshyaamalan.jpg. Never mentioned having BF on date.
>shyamalan her right back. "I have to check my schedule, this is my week for custody of the kids!" I don't have kids.
>Decide to forget about her and continue seeing other girls, but I don't like any of them as much as I like her
>Cave and text her again after a couple weeks
>We go out again. She never mentions bf again, still not sure if he's real or not.

>Second date goes pretty well, too
>She seems enthusiastic about going out again, tells me about how she's free a lot of days next week
>I invite her, she says that day works for her.
>Go to the cocktail bar, she never shows up. Doesn't respond to text.
>Feel extra shitty because I had testicular torsion earlier that day, was operated on, and had just gotten out of the hospital, excited that I at least get to see this girl
>Sit drinking cocktails and drawing in my sketchbook for an hour or two (brought my sketchbook because she is an amazing artist, so I thought, it would be cool if we both drew stuff in the book on our date)
>Decide to hit on these girls at this table by drawing one of them and then going up to them to talk to them
>They ask for my drawing, I tear it out of my book with my signature and number
>After a bit of chat and making them laugh, one of them goes, "well, I'm going to get back to catching up with my sister."
>I'm like, "cool." Go back to my stool, finish my drink, go to another pub
>Sit there alone, but then spark up convo with guy after he buys me a beer for solving a Rubick's cube.
>Really interesting guy, cool chat, we exchange numbers. Doesn't have a lot of friends in calgary (just doing a year of his post-grad here, then moving), so I figure I'll introduce him to a couple other grad students I know (I'm an undergrad myself, but talking to grad students, they seem like a lonely bunch)

So yeah, that's it.

I know that I shouldn't be stuck on this chick, that there are probably many like her who are more considerate, but even though I intellectually know that, I just can't bring myself to believe it on a visceral level. I llike her art. I like her carefree worldview. I like her easygoingness, her humour, her values. I should have bailed as soon as the "bf" comment as made and casually dropped in without explanation. Whether it was a lie or the truth, it was a red flag either way. I figured I'd ignore it and take her out anyway.

My therapist told me some stuff that really helped me after my last breakup. The thing about ending long term relationships is that it can be a lot like losing someone close to you, even if they aren't actually dead. It's still very similar to the grieving process because you've suddenly lost this relationship and it won't be the same again. It takes time to grieve and everyone does it differently, so don't feel bad about taking some time for yourself to heal.

The other thing he told me was that though it may feel as if you couldn't ever feel the same about someone else again, and that may in fact be true, you can feel strongly about someone else in a different way. There's more than one way to love someone, and you can find that different brand of love some day. So take some time and grieve. Cry, listen to sad songs, get wasted, take a sick day and lay in bed. But don't tarry in sadness too long, or you'll miss your life going by.

>my bf
>then lie about kids
>gets a guys number
>artist

I see you're confused with trying to be the cucker, and being a raging homo. I think happiness lies in picking just one of these things.

At least you can befriend that interesting guy.
Comrades over courtesans and all that.

Man you fucked up hard lol

You do know that her having a boyfriend isn't obstacle for sex, right? Just saying.

It's probably your fault

It's ok to just be friends, just look for someone else and be upfront about it with her to see her reaction

If she doesnt care move on

If she makes a stink maybe there is something there

I'm not expert but that would be my move

Didn't this comic go differently?

thank user,i am not OP, this helped me alot. I had a crush on a girl and the more I talked to her to less I liked her. Yesterday I was going to ask her out, yet she was rude saying " I am too tired to talk"(we were on the same day trip and we got back late).I am yetting her go, she just seems immature to me. This helped me get over her.

I think if any of us can get something out of Bojack, it's that one quote by the Owl girl.

"When you're wearing Rose-tinted glasses, red flags just look like flags."

I got burned by a girl I was smitten with too, but after the pain and hurt went away and I could look back at it objectively, it would have never worked out. I would've been miserable with her in the long run and I dodged a bullet. If it was meant to be, you guys would've worked it out.

It usually is for those of moral integrity, though that whole polygamous relationship thing is becoming more popular. Generally it's best for yourself and everyone else involved to not associate with cheaters.