WHO WAS HE?

ITT theories on past and future of supreme leader Snoke. Will he come back in ep 9?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RXdrDNGte1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just following the family business of evil

>guy who has scars which clearly indicate he has taken near lethal blows before

yea he will be back

I don't know this is the the worst case of being chopped in half I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=RXdrDNGte1E

If they pull that twist I walk out of the theatre.

With an awful Deus ex Machina

> WAS

Please. Did you not notice the lack of blood?

He's supposed to be Ebert. It's a long running inside joke.

That'd be so dumb. There's really no time for this shit.

Don't lightsabers generally cauterize wounds?

What kind of injury could produce such disfigurement? He looks like he was burned and his skull was crushed

There are theories floating around that Snoke was using a Force projection of himself and that was why he looked and sounded younger in TLJ than he did in TFA - just like Luke did.

But if that were the case, why did the lightsaber not just go through him? And if we were some Plagueis-like reincarnator, why would he endanger himself and get himself killed for absolutely no reason? Dying cannot be a pleasant experience.

Bringing him back would be absolutely horrible from a dramatic point of view. It'd be something even M. Night would veto. I'm not currently planning on seeing IX but if I read that they did that I might have to because Star Wars would now be in the same tier as The Room.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

/thread

he's gonna come back with darth maul robo legs for sure

He looks younger because R. Johnson didn't care about any consistency between TFA and TLJ. Finn's spine and jacket were unaffected by the lightsaber of Kylo. Finn didn't even need a prosthetic spine or support. There was no grand plan about Snoke, not even the writers know who he is.

Don't see the point. He's not anywhere near interesting enough. The point of The Last Jedi was that they're SUPPOSED to make him interesting. It's Part 2, the set-up for Part 3 after Part 1 has sowed the intrigue. At LEAST bring him back at the end of Part 2 as the set-up. Come on, it's so basic. Argh.

There just doesn't seem to be any way out of this from here, no "reveal" can possibly be satisfying. He's Plagueis? 90% of the audience ask "literally who?" And what other possibility is there? Jar Jar Binks?

Basically the only option is that he was just some guy who became possibly the most powerful force user ever seen in Star Wars, effortlessly throwing around other powerful force users as if they were rag dolls. That's just something that random nobodies can do now. I want to give RJ the benefit of the doubt on some of his decisions but this and stuff like the lightspeed missile just seem like fundamental oversights which show he didn't understand the source material.

>I'm not currently planning on seeing IX

Found the liar-poster.

No one believes anyone who says they aren't gonna see the new Star Wars.

At least make the lie believable and say you will wait to torrent it instead of paying for it at a theater.

Not him, but I didn't see this one, nor do I plan on seeing IX. Just based on leaks, rips, and discussion I can easily talk to friends that have, and convince them that it's shit. Thanks 4chans!

Hey, The Room was actually enjoyable

Well if Snoke is Plagueis it completes a circle. If he's Plagueis then it's safe to say that the Plagueis theory about Anakins's "virgin birth" is true, and he's the reason Anakin came into existence through the manipulation of midichlorions in Anakin's mum. So that makes him the creator of the Skywalkers and Kylo's pseudo great grand pappy, AND if God is good, Rey's as well because they're siblings (which ties a shit-ton of loose ends together). It would all make sense, why would Snoke be toying with them? Because he's trying to take control of his ultimate creations. If Snoke is Plagueis it would not only fix the uglyness of continuity in the new trilogy, but create a whole new level of continuity throughout all the films. Imagine Plagueis pulling the strings since episode one, it would make so much sense, it was all in an effort to create the most powerful beings in the galaxy besides him. Too bad this will never happen because jj is a hack and none of them have any idea what they're doing, it'll end with something generic and dissatisfying and will not only not improve upon the world of Star Wars but actively make it worse. Feelsbadman.

>Too bad this will never happen
That's correct. I like your theory, in fact I like a lot of fan theories that I hear, which makes seeing the garbage they actually put out that much worse. At this point it's more fun to talk about how bad they are then try to come up with what-ifs

Speculating on the non-existent backstory of Snoke is exactly what they want us to do, because they have basically nothing going into episode 9 besides unresolved Reylo and defeating le ebil empire (again). I think it's time we all admit that the sequel trilogy just sucks. Billions of dollars to buy the IP, fever pitch hype over "a return to form" for Star Wars after the divisive prequels and departure of George Lucas, hundreds of millions of dollars poured into budgets, years and years of conceptualizing and planning into something that actually had potential, a gamut of iconic actors and characters returning, years and years of fan speculation before and after The Force Awakens released, but ultimately it's a dud. Even Rian Johnson admitted there was absolutely no road map for what came after The Force Awakens. There's no grand plan, no great ruse, nothing. The blockbuster movie event of a lifetime with decades of buildup from one of the biggest intellectual properties of the modern world has fizzled out.

The plan is so convoluted and ridiculous. Plagueis could have use any slave at his disposal instead of some random woman in Tatooine. Nothing can save this franchise.

> Even Rian Johnson admitted there was absolutely no road map for what came after The Force Awakens. There's no grand plan, no great ruse, nothing.

He should have never said that in public. What a letdown.

He could just come back as a cyborg.
It wouldn't be any worse than any of the other writing.

They paid 4 billion dollars for the SW brand, but they didn't even bothered to write down the storyline of the flagship movies. Disney thinks people will watch any crap as long it's SW crap.

>theories on past and future
it's not a theory if there's nothing, you're literally writing him as a character since no one at disney bothered doing it

Actually he accidentally made Anakin according to the "lore" so I think he's just capitalizing on some mistake he made, because it is a pretty amazing mistake with obviously a lot of potential.

You act like they aren't right.

> that golden robe

This guy fucks.

No, I'm quite serious. I have absolutely zero investment in the Disney universe and am simply not interested in seeing more of the current crop of characters. I didn't see Spiderman: Homecoming or Justice League and I see no difference between not seeing them and not seeing IX.

That's why I'd be seeing IX if I expected a Room-like experience :D

My friends dragged me to watch TLJ. At the end of the movie none of us were interested in what's going to happen. I know die-hard fans of SW that don't care anymore.

>Snoke is Plageuis
>Snoke has demonstrated powerful telepathic capabilities
>Snoke telepathically corrupted Kylo in the womb in canonical secondary material
>Snoke created a telepathic Force-bond between Kylo and Rey
>Snoke may have telepathically induced Luke's anxiety over Ben's dark potential which ultimately, paradoxically prophetized them by introducing recursive causality that pushed Ben to the dark side (per the visions) to begin with
>Snoke may have sought Ben—a "balance" of light and dark, who sought to immunize himself against the light—to eliminate the potential of an apprentice having a seditious Darth Vader redemption
>Snoke may have telepathically induced Anakin's visions of Padme to vindicate Sidious's promises of using Plageuis's teaching to save her, pushing him to the dark side as a sleeper agent, Snoke having foreseen that he would eventually redeem himself by betraying and murdering Snoke's would-be murderer
>there are even ongoing fan theories that Plageuis birthed Anakin to begin with
>Snoke may have consciously introduced a failsafe into Kylo to prevent a convoluted series of events that he orchestrated to begin with
>Snoke may have spent over half a century in exile from his traitorous disciple's militaristic grip over the entire galaxy, telepathically pulling strings to dismantle it and create a power vacuum so he could take over
>Snoke not once identifies himself as a Sith, possibly because he's completely abandoned their ways and subverted their Rule of Two; stubbornly resisting death and refusing to accept being bested by his apprentice as per Sith tradition
>almost anything that's ever happened in the main Star Wars story may have been the fault of Snoke, a practical virus in the Force corrupting people from parsecs away and plunging the galaxy into chaos
I feel like the sheer, mindnumbingly vast potential for fuckery with Snoke was lying right before them, but instead they just did nothing.

That's too smart for Star Wars.

He isn't even sith at this point, just ultra powerful and wise in the force. So the force is balanced or almost balanced or has fluctuating balance, it was snoke's plan to bring balance to the force all along.

Hire this man.

Hire these men, or at least if there are any mouse spies in here just steal these ideas and make a good movie please

Snoke is shrek

bump

Episode IX
Rey needs to venture into the Unknown Regions in order to rebuild her lightsaber.
When there, she is called to by a force sensitive planet, shrouded in the dark side. She arrives there, The planet is covered in what looks like the glass in the dark side place on Ach-To. She is attacked by pure dark side beings, present and trapped on the planet, which force her into a Kyber Cave, where she finds her choice of color for saber, but deeper in the cave, a red glow. She follows it to a giant shard of red crystal. Snoke's force ghost appears. Take it from there user.

>still making theories after the last jedi

He's a puppet being controlled by Darth Jar Jar through the force.

he's a force user, right? He'll be fine.

he was a metaphor for the alt-right

Yea, he just lose his guts he's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, just put it back.

When Holdo rams the Raddus into the Supremacy at lightspeed, she cleaves its right wing.

>Appears in your movie for 2 minutes
That'll be 3 mirrion dorra, prus tip

How quickly we forget lads
>the new SW trilogy was envisioned for a Hillary presidency
Snoke was simply the gnarled, ancient embodiment of the patriarchy, and Rey was yung Hillary. But since she got btfo by Donnie Wallberg, Johnson went ahead and disposed of Snoke without comment, with the approval of Bob Iger and Kike Kennedy

Snek, o.

'no'

Big if true. Who was supposed to be Bernie?

>the greatest written character in the history of Star Wars will never make it into any movie

Why do you have to remind me?

>He's an intergalactic trillionare who's amassed a great wealth over the centuries but also a recluse. His family got rich setting up a colony in the unknown regions thousands of years ago, he was treated badly by his father for being force sensitive but ends up killing him and taking his fortune and now rules over most of those worlds in that region unbeknownst to the Jedi/republic/empire bc he's so far away.

>Palptatine sent expedition crews to that region bc Snoke lets off a strong dark side presence. And the imperials that discovered him after Endor became his First Order.

>Snoke is a prime collector of Jedi/Sith artifacts though he isn't one himself. He's collected so much that he is strong in the dark side and his deep knowledge of it has allowed him to live centuries and conquer worlds single-handedly back in his prime, though his power has weakened with age. Think Raa's al Ghul mixed with Hugh Hefner.

>He likes his comforts, his women, his wine and he likes to screw with people like Kylo for fun but who he also sees as a perfect opportunity to recruit now the Jedi and Sith are gone he will create a new religion in his image but he doesn't know whether to pick Kylo or Rey.

>He's a Sith fanboy of sorts I guess, he wants to emulate palpatine but do it better. He's been using his artefacts to see the events of the galaxy through the eyes of the jedi and sith and knows everything that has occurred in the main saga.

>YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LEIA!
When he said this I knew that Rian Johnson was just fucking with us

Snoke is practically a cadaver already, if he's really Plagueis he probably avoids death by sloppily melding himself back together on a midi-chlorian level.

My personal theory is that Snoke and Luke are one and the same. Luke was doing some kind of Man Behind the Curtain stuff on the island and gave the republic a false enemy to fight because REASONS? Maybe he's trying to bring balance to the force by having an offspring of a Sith and Jedi be the one to do it.

Maybe when Luke tried to remove his inner darkness (ancient Jedi ritual), he expelled it as Snoke.

fuck you, fuck Snoke, fuck fucking Star Wars, and fuck all the fucking shits TLJ created

well they're not wrong

>who was he?

In death, a member of project mayhem has a name, his name was Robert Paulson.