SO THERE'S THIS SUPER-EVIL MEGA OVERLORD WHO IS SUPER-POWERFUL

>SO THERE'S THIS SUPER-EVIL MEGA OVERLORD WHO IS SUPER-POWERFUL.
>EVERYONE KNOWS WHO HE IS AND EVERYONE IS SCARED TO SHIT OF HIM.
>HE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN DARTH VADER AND HAS A WAY BIGGER ARMY THAN PALPATINE.
>HIS SUPER-EVIL MEGA-POWERS ARE STRONGER THAN ANYTHING WE'VE SEEN BEFORE IN STAR WARS.
>HE'S REALLY, REALLY OLD BUT HAS ONLY DECIDED TO SHOW UP NOW.
>OOPS. SORRY, HE'S DEAD. WE AIN'T GOTTA' EXPLAIN SHIT TO YOU.

Why are people saying it's "clever" or "surprising" or akin to Hitchcock. It's not "subversive" by doing this, it's just SHIT story-telling. NOBODY does that because it's SHIT. You can't get away with that.

If I was in school and gave that to my teacher and they gave me an F (which they would, because it's such a botch) I can't just say NO M8 IT'S SUBVERSIVE I PLAY WITH CONVENTIONS.

>taking a children's film this serious
i doubt you even finished school.

ok

Snoke was a red herring. Kylo is the real lead villain.

The only thing, surprisingly, that really bothered me about this film is that nobody knows where the fuck Snoke came from. Weren't there no more Sith after the emperor and Vader? Where's this old dude come from and how does he start a massive multi planet galactic military force with ships and robots and superweapons within the space of a decade?

>Kylo is the real lead villain
Kylo is just space Zuko at this point. he will turn next movie. bookmark me

Maybe. But regardless of what's to come, there'll be more tension now.
He's no longer just a boy manipulated by Snoke, he's the Supreme Leader now - he makes his own decisions, he's the only one responsible for his actions.

I bet you hold Japanese children's cartoons in high esteem though right?

Also can we not discuss the OT or the prequels?

Cuz' they were made for kids too bud.

LMK what we are allowed to discuss seriously... I'll wait.

So many people missing the point. It's called deconstruction and subversion. It's not Rian's fault that so many people are too stupid and uneducated to understand these concepts. His only mistake was overestimating the general public's intelligence. It's a fantastic game-changing film, and rewards multiple viewings at the cinema (and don't forget to buy the blu ray when it comes out, and some porg toys).

>implying he is dead
Look at the dude, he looks fucked. He has probably suffered laser swords or some shit towards his head and yet survived.
If fucking Darth Maul can survive having his legs cut off, then Snoke can also survive it.

If Snoke isn't back for the next movie I'll be mad. Seriously, he can't fucking die like that.

/comfy/

Every time someone misuses the word "deconstruction" my suicide gets a day closer.

nice spacing, faggot.

>still being interested in the next movie after this pile of shit

Nice try JJ. I'm not gonna pay for the next movie.

Wasn't interested in TLJ after TFA, haven't even watched it yet.
I saw Superman leia and other garbage scenes and decided I won't waste any money on it

>implying I'll pay for it also

Oh boy I can't wait for him to confront Rey and lose to her for a third time. Maybe he'd have a shot if he trained more, but apparently the new rules are the Force will auto-balance Rey and boost her to his level even if she does nothing.

Does anyone have a clue what conflict there is going into the next film?

>he makes his own decisions, he's the only one responsible for his actions
>fire all our guns on that man!
>lets the resistance survive in a clutch moment
kek

Not like this is a cornerstone of pop culture and a huge corporate enterprise or anything. Not worth discussing because children can also enjoy it, nosiree.

I agree with you on Snoke, OP, but your example with the grades is retarded

You had me going until I read that last sentence. High-quality bait.

You should deconstruct your suicide then.

sure thing, manchild.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Last Jedi. The humour is extremely obnoxious, and without a solid grasp of postmodernist subversion most of the plot points will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Luke’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Last Jedi truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Luke’s existential catchphrase "I came to this island to die" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Rian Johnson’s genius wit unfolds itself on their cinema screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Porg tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. See you around kid

Mecha-Snoke in ep 9 will explain everything.

Kylo shouldn't bother to show up in the next movie. With the sacred Jedi texts in her hands, Rey is basically more powerful than Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

Because injecting post modernist meta commentary about audience expectations is light hearted and deserving of its place within a children's fairy tale and the fault lies with people who point out how stupid it is

im pretty sure everyone uses it correctly, which is the problem

because they are idiots that latched onto a word to defend the turd they love

Reddit

Spacing

Detected

>Villain sucks cause it's obvious good guys win in the end

>introduce a character with absolutely no knowledge of the force
>gets captured by the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, who was trained for years by the most powerful living light side user Luke, and then the most powerful living Sith user Snoke.
>in a two day span she learns to not only resist Kylo's force interrogation but reverse engineers it to call him a man child, mind trick a guard, and proceed to pull a lightsaber AWAY FROM KYLO who was also pulling it, and use it to beat him in a duel

That's to say nothing of her absurd power level in TLJ and lifting an avalanches worth of rocks after a day of training with Luke. She chops the dick off of every potential threat in front of her, which really helps to raise the stakes and make the audience wonder how she'll get out of a tough situation.

Luke got fucking trounced in ESB, loses his hand and effectively commits suicide rather than join the dark side. The same thing happens to Anakin in AotC, they're the protagonists of their respective films but their character flaws put them in terrible situations where they suffer permanent consequences.

>lifting big rocks means you are strong
That's not how the Force works!

>HE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN DARTH VADER AND HAS A WAY BIGGER ARMY THAN PALPATINE.
hold up where do they imply that

Enjoy Christmas break, user

Vader and Sidious specifically hunted down the remaining Sith during the early empire, but Snoke and Kylo are not Sith, neither is Rey a Jedi in the old sense.

mega death star

Episode IX
Rey needs to venture into the Unknown Regions in order to rebuild her lightsaber.
When there, she is called to by a force sensitive planet, shrouded in the dark side. She arrives there, The planet is covered in what looks like the glass in the dark side place on Ach-To. She is attacked by pure dark side beings, present and trapped on the planet, which force her into a Kyber Cave, where she finds her choice of color for saber, but deeper in the cave, a red glow. She follows it to a giant shard of red crystal. Snoke's force ghost appears. Take it from there user.