Kermode film review radio show
bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live
probably whinging about star wars fans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ksevmLSHYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck is there music playing?

>watched Kermode for years
>once Trump starts getting traction he turns in to a frothing at the mouth leftist retard

What really surprises me is he's English, I don't give a fuck about English politics as an Amerimutt, why does this fuckhead?

based mark, he is truly /ourguy/

>turns into a leftist

Nigga are you retarded, he's always been liberal as fuck, he's a closet communist

Haven't you seen his Sex and the City review

But before he wasn't whipping it out and slapping me in the face with it every review. Look at his twitter and it's embarrassing.

>Mayo: Justice League is at #5
>Kermode: Okay

Damn, not even worth a sentence of criticism.

>le hard stare

hes talking about star wars now, kek

MARK BTFO

Virtue signalling

>he knows the words to Le Internationale
>he must be commie

The human race has spent hundreds of years perfecting logical thought processes and you choose to simply avoid this knowledge. Are you some kind of faget?

Several of his reviews use a sophomoric marxist dialectic, he's a shitty pseud commie

lmao he's only 1 step away from blaming the alt-right for this star wars shit

Are you implying that one can't express one's hatred of the overly capitalistic influence in films by using the polar opposite in order to highlight the wrongness of being overly capitalistic without being able to not sign up for said opposing ideology?

When your main complain about shit moves like the entourage is "the characters are too materialistic" then you're a worthless commie cuck

He sang Billy Bragg's version which should give you a hint

He literally describes himself as a trot

> I don't give a fuck about English politics as an Amerimutt, why does this fuckhead?
are americans really this ignorant of their effect on the world?
you are the worlds hegemon you stupid bastard

/leftypol/ thinks that anyone who isn't an active revolutionary and poor isn't a communistâ„¢ even though they are a bunch of middle class faggots who probably never saw a poor person who then call you a nazi even though I haven't even killed any jews

You people are all mentally ill, we can't have a fucking thread with out getting triggered about politics.

How about we talk about Kermode, and why he's a shit reviewer who you can't trust.
youtube.com/watch?v=1ksevmLSHYk

>kermode isn't a star wars nerd and thinks the movie is fine

I AM FUCKING ANGRY

He's a good critic I don't need to necessary agree with him in everything to enjoy his work.

My point is he's not a good critic - did you watch that review?
A good critic is someone who you can listen to and decide if you'll like a movie based off of what they say - whether you agree with them is irrelevant.
That review shows that Kermode doesn't even voice his own opinions; he judges a film based on whether he thinks an audience will like it (not whether he liked it). A film could be great, and Kermode could think it's great, but he will give it a negative review because (he thinks) the film won't appeal to who (he thinkgs) the audience is.

that is actually being a good critic, trying to view the movie from other perspectives and give a more balanced view.

if you want people to just give their own opinion of how much they love/hate a thing without really offering any wider analysis, well there's about 900 youtube bloggers for that.

>that is actually being a good critic, trying to view the movie from other perspectives and give a more balanced view.
He wasn't being a good critic at all. He wouldn't commit to saying he liked the movie because he didn't think kids would like it - yet you can look at the comments on that video where people are talking about how they liked it when they were younger, or their children/siblings loved it.
Kermode gave an 'audience perspective' which wasn't representative of the audience. How often does he do that, without making it so abundantly clear?
If Kermode isn't sharing his own opinion, and doesn't know audiences, then why even give him the time of day. He may be entertaining, but he isn't doing his job well.

I mean the Last Jedi is a perfect recent example of where critics don't know their audiences.And why would they know the audience, films are subjective. They should give their thoughts on it, and you should know from the experience of listening to them, whether the film is for you.

Not all of his reviews are like that, I do agree with you on this one, he did fail at reviewing it, and got stuck at the at the notion that it was supposed to be a kids movie, because the source material was a book made for kids, he did fail to voice his opinion on the movie itself but like I said, not all of his reviews are like that and the fantastic mister fox review is on of the rare ones where he totally failed.

And yet he's done nothing to bring about the downfall of those in power. I put it to you that he is merely pretending to be a Trot

>you are the worlds hegemon you stupid bastard
Sorry, bong. I don't watch anime

>That review shows that Kermode doesn't even voice his own opinions; he judges a film based on whether he thinks an audience will like it (not whether he liked it).
Did he do that with the Sex And the City movie? No. Stop being a faggot.

of course kermode really liked nu-wars.

i dont think he even liked the ot let alone anything else about the ip

>probably whinging about star wars fans

Surprising how many critics have circled the wagons.
Really exposed which reviewers think of themselves as part of the crowd and those that think of themselves above it.

YMS went fucking psycho. Couldn't even get to the actual movie review bit, he was so rabid.
Must have fucked a rabid dog and got dick-rabies.

>works at the BBC
>"turns into a leftist"

lmao get a load of this faggot

you can't even get through the doors at BBC Headquarters if you don't have your International Communist Party® Card.

Kermode has always been a soyboy bugman who advocates for the genocide of all straight white men

Then you shouldn't have injected it into everything then. Commie.
We're well past the gas-lighting phase where you can deny that a culture war is occurring.

He got burnt years back by the whole "penguins" thing. He gets a whole lot less hatemail pandering to the left.

I stopped listening for a while and when I came back most reviews basically had a "how progressive is this film for women?" segment. Not sure how much of that was him or BBC producers but he did get tirggered hard by Kingsman (despite it actually being written by Mrs. Johnathon Ross)

>the whole "penguins" thing
What penguin thing?

He watched March of the Penguins and he voiced that, seeing how penguins are able to survive in the environment, how they're able to travel hundreds of miles back to their partner, that maybe there could be a higher power after all.

He got shit loads of flak for it.

Is that why the biggest political pundits are all Tories now or were best mates with Osbourne and Cameron? Neil, Marr, Kussenburg, Sands, Robinson etc.

Someone backdated Marr's show and there were about 4 actual lefty commentators compared to about 30 right wing and 18 center appearances.

Kys.