/who/ - Doctor Who General

Last Thread Before Death Edition

last:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88859178/#88863801
youtube.com/watch?v=vGQZJtn1tBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that the show will not magically stop being political under Chibnall. A key theme of Broadchurch S3 was sexual violence against women and how it is generated from harmful performances of masculinity. He is as passionate and topical a writer as any who has worked on nuwho.

based

I can't wait to see how much garbage it could be.

>people still think that Hartnell was the fisrt one

So when are those recovered missing episodes gonna be announced then?

So what your saying is Jodies first adventure will be to go to a planet where the native women are raped constantly and she saves them with her new found female perspective and power?

If that's really what you want to believe, sure.

I pirate this garbage anyway, I'll just do it more happily now

Reminder: Shit Trips 2.5 submissions is opening up in 4 days...

>Nine: I'm the Doctor.
>Rose: My boyfriend sucks, I'm running off with you.
>shiny gold TARDIS energy snogging ensues

>Nine becomes Teninch
>Teninch and Rose become your standard smug annoying couple
>Doomsday wall
>Teninch: ROOOEEESSS
>Roes: DOCTAAAAAAA
>Teninch pines so hard he forgets his next companion exists
>crappy unrequited love story overshadows the entirety of Martha's tenure

>Teninch: I just want a mate
>Donna: YOU'RE NOT MATING WITH ME SUNSHINE
>so they're bros
>but they put their kiss in the trailers anyway

>Amy tries to shag the Doctor on her wedding night

>Twelve has to repeatedly insist that he's not Clara's boyfriend

>Twelve: I notice you're a prospective female companion.
>Bill: Yeah but I'm gay
>Twelve: So... no romantic plot tumours forming between us?
>Bill: Nope
>Twelve: No question of our relationship being anything other than platonic?
>Bill: Nope
>Twelve: Not even a kiss in the trailers?
>Bill: Hell no
>Twelve: Excellent. Let's go see the universe.
>they do

kino

Let /who/ die. Kill it, if you have to.

>themoonsanegg

The Smugglers and The Tenth Planet, Part 4 were discovered in March of this year alongside redundant copies of the first three episodes of The Tenth Planet. The Smugglers is planned to be announced on January 1st, and The Tenth Planet is planned to be shown publicly on BBC Two for the first time on Christmas Day.

>not canon

I swear this has been mentioned before.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88859178/#88863801

Yep.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGQZJtn1tBc

Time of the Doctor is unironically one of my favourite Doctor Who episodes.

I honestly never got what was wrong with it. Was it a bit rushed? Sure, but it’s hard to blame the episode itself when real life circumstances are at faulty and the episode tries to mitigate its rushed nature by being told through Clara’s point of view. Plus, Smith got an excellent send off that was much more effective than Tennants which is exactly what the episode needed.

The only thing I'd cut from it is the God Complex flashback.

The Leftist Agenda has ruined this show forever.

Doctor Who has been ruined forever LONG before the liberal agenda came along.

Doctor Who has been ruined forever ever since they pulled that bullshit with the whole room inside a police box.

With tales from trenzalore to fill in the gaps its possibly the greatest regen story ever told

>Honestly, I don't think the Cushing Doctor's backstory is any more contradictory than the ones we already have for the Hartnell Doctor. (Eg An Unearthly Child, the Doctor being a human from the future from the unaired pilot, the different version of Ian and Barbara meeting Dr Who in Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks, etc.) I treat Cushing as just another equally valid portrayal of the First Doctor, just like we're going to get with Bradley this Christmas and in Big Finish.
what did he mean by this

I guess Doctor Who really is dead

What, trips are still here? They're alive, and with us. Then don't you dare, /who/. Don't you dare. Now you take this. That's an order, /who/. Take the bump. You take the bump and save this thread. And please don't die. You're the most wonderful General and I don't want you to die. :(

Don't forget that she will also use her new uterus shaped screwdriver (the current one is too phallic), also she will look at the camera, wink and say
>womyn are here to stay.

Gay

I hate TheOncomingStorm. Name one thing he did right.

Doctor Who is fine
He just outgrew it

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, /who/, we've got work to do!

He got rid of the word filters. But only after people constantly complained.

The word filters that he put on in the first place.

What? The fucking word filters were hilarious and uniquely part of /who/ culture. Fuckin idiots.

If you need supplementary material to improve an episode, then it's not that great of a story.

Despite all flaws, silliness and campiness, EoT is much better structured story than ToTD. It had a beginning, middle, and an end. It's not rushed, and so far it's the most successful example of "cinematic" doctor who experience.

It doesnt need it at all. Don't put words in my mouth: i only said it makes the story goat, not that it needed it. Its a really good story on its own.

If any story still needs it, The End of Time does. At least time of the rani has 6's the last adventure now.

Hi Oncoming

i don't think changing "cyberman" to "dalek" had much positive impact

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, or compare it to any other finale. Just saying, as a general rule it can't be GOAT. Not to mention I think the episode was kind of rushed anyway.

@kindanonymous
Series 1+2 and Christmas Carol had vinyls

I mean, the joke being that all the human daleks existed in asylum of the daleks because moff couldnt remember how to use cybermen was still a good joke so it makes sense if you're not new.

>The Leftist Agenda
Why Is This Fucking Capitalized, and what the fuck does it even mean?

He voted for Putin.

I mean, rushed I'll give you certainly; but thats why I think the book helps the episode: gives it extra breathing room

But i dont think its bad because it rushes. Thats just an expected part of celebrating matt smiths era.

it means Absolutely Fucking Nothing

Made the DINNERTIME stream a thing.

Reminder that we'll be officially starting /who/mas on CWS in an hour, kicking off with The Christmas Invasion!

Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Here's how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account

Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization >Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.

Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want
Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks) For added safety, choose items fulfilled by amazon to avoid possible sharing of your personal address!

Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses

Step 5:???

Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, that's not what this is about.
Would like everyone who participates to receive a gift, so if you see a ** next to someone's list, move onto the next one that hasn't received a gift.

Gift Givers, please reply with the list you
purchased for so it can be noted. Also change the URL to smile.amazon.com so a portion of the sale will be passed on to the charity of your choice!

17514VADVEQIM**
DGXY4RJPSQWB**
2CG83V99TQ9RD
OFSL0NT2DR5U**
2IZSELC8RIKC9**
1ICTY5EYJA536
2HR8QCNPF2EJV
2869K8NQWTDYU**
3PAIZYX4T3S3W -Amazon . co . uk**
1MXNH09BNBX5 -Amazon . co . uk
2IZ3HNTFTN5L1 -Amazon . co . uk**
3CAH1CFP6G2EL**
2YB70I6MMXBS3**
323YTTMPJ785K
262G3I4KG1F45
3HGMMHSH5SX4K
2MQZUPOL0CKTX-Amazon . co . uk
2HYIJO0I43LA7-Neo**
1G2S444Y78RO5-Amazon . co . uk**
3V8DHXR5U4LJX -Amazon .co .uk
22DPUTUPGZTCG
37NRLTRDGWL6P
user requests a the Radical Doctor Lym requests Jess art. ?
user requests art of a Ironside trying to make tea. ?
Post your lists!
Don't want a physical gift? Make a request for OC arts, Vocaroo holiday greeting, or something else maybe? Perhaps someone will fulfill your request!
Merry /who/mas!
Will add them to the copy pasta for the next thread.

I would like a drawing of Mary Elizabeth Winstead as a Doctor.

based moff

What other books opt for an inverted colour cover?

TotD is one of the best marriages of structure and theme. The message of 11's regeneration is remembering the small and meaningful details of your life, instead of racing ahead to the climax. "I will not forget one line of this." The story follows a series of individual, episodic experiences he has over 900 years which also symbolically represent everything about Smith's tenure. You could slice it into smaller episodes which would each work on their own, there is little Aristotlean unity to the ep at large. This is because the Doctor is forced to experience time's passage in a different way than usual.

>John Peel
>Extreme Noise Terror of the Daleks

Are you using a site to stream these or do we have to set this up ourselves and just talk about the episodes here

>Being this new

H-how can you be THIS newfag?

please do not bully

Go to cytu dot be/r/casualwhostream

The Christmas Invasion, and more Tennant Xmas specials, in CWS in under 10 minutes! cytu.
be/r/casualwhostream

STARTING /who/MAS WEEKEND NOW
GET IN AND GET CHRISTMASSY

Have they announced the premier date for Twice Upon A Time yet?

Thanks babe

Pretty good turnout this year, it's going to be nice to see everyone's presents on /who/mas

That one scene of the Doctor crying when he realizes he has to go to Trenzalore.
>"It was Trenzalore? It was definitely Trenzalore?"
I wanted to give that man a hug.

Wrong episode laddie, that was Name

Doctor Who is dead.

So... I decided to do it.

Oh shit, what was the time one? The one where he regenerates?

Yeah, Time is where he winds up on the planet without realising which planet it is, and then spends 900 years there growing into an old man.

>nothing again
am I just not adding cheap enough things to my list?

fuck off

tennant suks peter capaldi is BEISED and kino amirite gays

>chibnall asked gatiss back over mathieson

What the fuck? Moffat said Mathieson has binders full of ideas. Chib is a hack. Dropped.

Moffat also said that Mathieson shouldn't waste his incredible ideas on something like Doctor Who.

This literally confirms that Moffat hates Doctor Who.

duh, he's a real fan

peter capaldi is GOAT and tenand suks am i RIGHT alds?

i agree unironically, i thought tennant's doctor was trash, but Capaldi's doctor is one of my favorites

Starting The Runaway Bride in 5 mins

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyones gifts. Its gonna be so nice

STARTING!

helena bonham carter for next missy xDDD :P:P

This worries me a lot. Moffat, obviously, was tired of DW in recent years and hated to write this show, which affected the quality of the writing.
But at the very beginning there was a passion in him, a love for the show. And exactly these things I do not see in Chibs at all.

>the writing

You're already the worst trip.

kek

Apologise.

>implying the Capaldi era wasn't the unironic golden age

I hope Jodie gets her fair share of spooky episodes, those are my favourite

Moffat was utter shit from the 2nd episode

/who/ is pretty much the only place that likes capaldi tbqh

>which affected the quality of the writing

aaaaaaaaaand filtered

pls no bully

I wonder how angry Moffat is that he used the Weeping angels for a doctor who episode instead of a feature film like he always talked about

It would have flopped.

The angels are more famous through Who than they'd ever be in some low budget British horror film.