Pinpoint the exact moment The Simpsons turned shit

Pinpoint the exact moment The Simpsons turned shit.

Season 12 for me.

Season 11

For me it's S11E06

Though I still liked episodes after it, Armin Tanzarian felt like the point of no return

The image says 05 but you say 06 so which is it?

It was a stupid twist but the episode wasn't that bad imo.

In cartoons stupid stuff happens but you're supposed to forget about it and carry on as normal when the episode ends. That was one of those.

Feed moar.

When Maud Flanders was kill

The episode with the jockey elves.

I used to think 1-10 was gold but season 9 is utter shite.

The exact moment Phil Hartman was shot by his wife, The Simpsons died.

Sneed?

The one after BASED SNEED.

When Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger.

This was it for me. Didn't help that Fox was really hyping this episode as the 300th.

You mean Billy Baldwin.

I know this is the most common scapegoat but it's really true. They took nearly a decade of character development for one of the most sympathetic "antagonists" on television and shit all over it

But really this

Around the time the film came out, which was 2007.

I cannot believe no one mentioned THIS.

>Andy Dick killed the Simpsons
>Andy Dick denied Futurama to follow in the Simpsons footsteps

I don't know what's going on and I'm glad I don't

Homer faces Tony Hawk in skateboard combat

Sounds like total shit.

Does anyone unironically watch nu Simpsons?

One of the last episodes written by John Swartzwelder.

>nu
...user, that episode is from fifteen years ago

This episode. It seems like when Homer's character was ruined

What season was the one where Bart befriended the old TV cowboy? That was when I gave up following new episodes coming out. You could tell after Maude the writers stopped giving a shit in terms of making it grounded.

>pinpoint
>entire season

You really have the IQ of Ralph, don't you?

If they had just ended it with "Behind The Laughter"... god damnit.

It's still zombie Simpsons

Damn I'm old

Jockey elves or the Food Critic one, both crystalise its change mostly for me. I think they were both the same series. But generally any of the first episodes featuring 'stupid jerk Homer'.

>the Food Critic one
I liked that episode. The newspaper company had a few laughs

Stupid Numerals Exhibit Existential Dilemma.

Season 13. Seems most people agree somewhere between season 11 and 13

Season 8.

But after '95 they slowly went to shit!

The new stuff is just SJW, look at muh actor/musician/liberal politician playing in that episode.

Pure cringe

>People dislike the food critic episode

Saw that sometime this week and it holds up well. Lots of good lines and it's always been one of my favourite post season 9 episodes.

i'm still waiting on Lisa finally having a relationship with Ralph. They've teased it quite a few times, I don't care if her canonical ending is with Milhouse (or is it Nelson now?), just give me an episode where she finally crushes on him

And to answer the thread question, season 11.

I'm kind of hoping Ralph winds up with the girl from Lisa's Rival. It would make an interesting contrast and dynamic to Lisa and Ralph's relationship. Lisa deserves all the suffering she gets.

>that one jewtube video where the guy says that the astronaut episode was great but the boxing episode was too over-the-top

The episode where Lisa fucks up homers bbq

Armin Tamzarian.

He also killed Newsradio

By the way, for those of you who don't know, there is only ONE person who is keeping The Simpsons alive, and that man is JAMES L BROOKS. You see, he was one of the original Executive Producers and show runners, and he gets a lot of residuals not only from the episodes, but from merchandising.

He is also a movie director and writer, and a good one too - but he had his share of flops in the past.

So now, he is refusing to let his little dear cash cow to die. He threatens the whole production if they refuse to continue working in the show, has some mysterious shit over the voice actors to keep them from leaving (Harry Shearer was "convinced" not to quit the show by James L Brooks), and does all sort of shady stuff.

Set McFarlane has mentioned on interviews he constantly gets notes from the Fox executives to NOT lampoon or make notice of the Simpsons being an old and tired show, as those executives all fear James L Brooks.

The day the simpsons died was the airing of The Principal & The Pauper, Season 9.
It was the first time Matt Groening regretted making an episode and it shows.
Seasons 2-8 however consist of one of the greatest shows of all time.