Bright

So:
Orcs -> Mexicans?
Elves -> Jews?

Orcs -> Black

amerikans ----> mutts

nah they have a strong beleif and pride and shite, must be mexicans

Why did they not stick to the original Tolkein analogy and make orcs Mongoloids/chinese

The Orcs are very obviously meant to represent blacks.
>Police violence
>Poverty
>Believes that the system is against them
They appear to be black to me.

If I lived in the world of Bright I’d take an Orc neighbour over a nigger neighbour any day.

>Once with the Dark Lord, always with the Dark Lord.
I think this is borrowed from "Once you go black you'll never go back," so I think orcs are black.

Sauron is BBC?

I couldn't even make it through the intro to the actual movie before shutting it off. The total fucking laziness of the metaphors in the graffiti is all you need to know about the SJW indoctrination program you're in for if you keep watching.

>analogies are indoctrination
ur dum lol

>all the elves are white
>all the good humans are black

HUHHH!?

It's not supposed to be clever, obviously.

It's a fucking Netflix movie. I think the intro did a pretty good job of setting up the world.

And I don't think there're very many scenes in the movie itself that perpetuate any sort of "SJW indoctrination". But then, you'd know that if you didn't have the attention span of an aspie and actually watched the whole movie.

ORCS RULE!

seems more similar to shadowrun

this movies going to piss of lefties and right wingers equally.

>we might be in a prophecy!
>we re not in a prophecy, we're in a stolen Toyota Corolla-189permonth1999dueatsigning

>all the elves are white
wut?
The dude that works for the popo is mexielf.

>mfw i legit enjoyed this leagues more than Kingsman 2 and as much as i enjoyed Atomic Blonde.
The STATE of Hollywood action flicks...

BASED AYER DOES IT AGAIN

It's a pretty stupid movie, but I agree. The REASON the critics are hating this movie so much is because the blacks=orcs analogy, but they cant call it on that because then they're insinuating blacks are like orcs, which is insulting. So they get pigeon holed into hating it for other reasons. SJWs btfo

>racial commentary
>quip
>racial commentary
>quip
>quip
>shootout
>quip
>shootout
>racial commentary
>quip
>quip
>shootout
>quip
>shootout
>quip
>shootout
>quip

Thrilling.

the movies triggering sjws like crazy you dumb fuck.

look at the vox, polygon, huff po reviews for it.

See who else is triggered:
Disney cucks.

there were at least 2 asian elves. including the henchwoman that murders all the mexican gangbangers.

i just get angry when someone complains while not having watched the whole thing, or at least the first hour.

Is more like
Orcs = blacks with mexican values
Elf = multicultural
Will Smith = Will Smith
qt Elf qt = Muh Waifu

If random dudes say you're blooded then you're blooded? Doesn't seem like something with a lot of credit or importance to me.

>here, take this
>"that's a big gun"
>swaps the shotty

No; Will Smith = Black

>tfw no elf gf...or based orc bro...

So a 90s movie but without whites?

Last act really lost me in this. Once the orc became Jesus, I checked out. Not a terrible movie, doesn't deserve the rock bottom reviews it's getting, but it's no LotR

What the fuck is this, a Shadowrun movie?

No, theres a lot of whites, you peps are getting weirder and weirder with your Sup Forums faggotry.

Is the fed with the beard supposed to be a dwarf?

Kinda Max Landis stole the concept and mixed it up with Alien Nation and Netflix put the moneys.
Its fun tho

No, but they mention dwarves existing.

I like that he's Orc Jesus. It's funny.

I dunno, man. Is it happening? Is it really happening, or am i just riding the wave i chose? Are decent movies that are NOT trying to be revelation/kino/whatever coming back?

Orcs -> Americans

That Magic Task Force Elf didn't do anything cool.

they're all americans bud

He's by the book.

Did I only enjoy this because Star Wars is the last film I watched and the bar of my standards was so, so, so low?

This is the first time since Chronicle that one of Max Landis' scripts have been made into a fun movie.
I give him Dirk Gently too, i actually ended up liking that.

is it just me or did one of the asian elven assassins look like a tranny? looked like whiterose in mr robot

Yeah, Dirk Gently is great. Especially the second season. Too bad it got cancelled.

The elf make-up was really androgenous all around brah, i think it was made on purpose.
Like how Tikka looked like such a qt tomboy and Noomi looked like she would be ready to peg the fuck outta you.

>giv elf pusy pls

Any orc x elf interracial? Asking for a friend

You mean Centaur X Elf.

So, can we all agree elves (goes without saying) and humans are absolute garbage as usual?

I'm pretty sure there will in the sequel.

There was a centaur cop but I didn't see it interact with an elf.

Not even kidding, I was hoping Tikka and Jakobi would end up together.

Orcs -> Slavs.

Jacobi is told that he's "The One" at the start though.

And the whole graffitti about how "Jakir" or whatever Orc Jesus was called will come again definitely underlines the sentiment

Every human was either racist against Orcs or a Mexican gang member.

First post didn't do too well, hu?

Orcs = Juggalos

it's obviously
>Elves = Jews
>Human = Whites
>Orcs = Blacks

Also, what the fuck was the point of setting up that Orc kid thing anyway?

Guess you missed the part where it was revealed WIll Smith was the Mary Sue all along.

It's a tribal society, and it wasn't just a bunch of random Orks that said he was blooded, it was a tribe leader and some witnesses of his tribe. Word will get around in the tribe, and then to other tribes. If someone questions it he can tell them to ask anyone from this or that tribe.

I loled

>the feels

Yeah, isn't that awesome?

It's a David Ayers movie
It's EVERYONE= Cholo

So Ward and Jacobi distrust each other, that Jacobi is a good person and the Orc mob can accept him as a blooded.

Bright -> Shit Movie?

But it was said Ward was a Bright in the conversation Jacobi had with the crazy guy with the sword. Am I the only one who read the subtitles?

It was pretty fun but please don't watch it. I really don't think it's for you.

I must have blinked

>random dudes
Go and watch it again.No seriously.
>inb4 all orcs look the same to me
THATZ RAYSIST!!!

no it wasn't shitlord

tittybar scene was great

No, its actually fun, uneven af but fun.
That said, i was a huge Alien Nation fan when i was a kid.

Yes, he did. The crazy guy said Ward was a Bright and that Jacobi is The One. I wondered why Jacobi didn't tell Ward to take the wand but he also didn't believe the guy either.

Then you must be angry ALL THE TIME on this board.
Sup Forums now is almost exclusively kneejerk reactions and that's it.

>implying that Shrek wouldn't be the American Story X of that world.

yeah crazy dude said "your friend is blessed."
I liked this movie more than Star Wars 8, Kingsman 2, and Spiderman Homecoming. The racial commentary was so hamfisted that I don't even think it's supposed to be commentary on the real world. I just kind of took it as world building. The only thing that I thought was really dumb was the Shrek reference because Shrek would never get made in that world.
Also I was actually surprised the Dark Lord didn't get revived.

So can anyone explain to me what's happening here?

Hard mode: don't use "SJW" as part of your explanation and actually try to explain to me why is there this massive gap.

Training Day ripoff of saving the girl from being raped. Max Landis is a hack. Also his dad is a murder.

Wait a sex Jacobi does tell Ward that they're in a prophecy and then Ward says WE'RE IN A TOYOTA COROLLA.

>The crazy guy said Ward was a Bright and that Jacobi is The One.
I should rewatch it with subtitles.I had them turned off so i probably missed on the translation of orc speak/elven speak.
Critics are retarded.

The guy just said he was blessed not that he was a bright.

Half 'Murrikans in full political mode and half memesters trying to outdo themselves with their witty reviews because of Ayer being an easy mark after Suicide Squad.

>Half 'Murrikans in full political mode
From the trailer it doesn't seem like this movie is especially political?
It's like a buddy cop movie with a black/orc dynamic, same as how buddy cop movies used to have a white/black dynamic.
It's basically one step removed but it's the same shit we've been doing in this genre since forever.

I think the concept of the movie alone is enough to get people to dismiss it outright. Average Joe isn't going to see the movie at all, let alone go to Rotten Tomatoes to rate it. Only someone willing to watch a movie in which a pussy orc cop and his Will Smith partner fight Mexican gangs and elves from the Matrix is going to actually rate the movie.
Critics probably had to see it regardless of taste.

He said Ward was "blessed".

They just see political shit everywere now, both sides do.
This movie has the same setting, feel and themes of literally every other David Ayer movie, but for some reason now thats Haram.
Its is just a buddy cop movie like the ones made in the 80s, the feel is literally just like Alien Nation, you can of course see political stuff in them but is always super basic and harmless.

>subtitles
Fuck I watched the whole thing figuring that I wasn't supposed to understand the elf parts and that didn't bother me since Warden doesn't speak elf.

>RT
Really?

I have a feeling critics didn't like the racial vibes. As in, they had "you can't show blacks as barbarians led by a dark lord" in their heads, but couldn't say it, because that would inevitably lead to director/writer denying everything, and them looking like idiots. Hence the negative rating but no constructive critique in any of the reviews.

It's a good feeling, isn't it?

The sheriff was pretty decent as a person, all things considered. He was willing to broach the topic and reality of Nick's situation.

As Nick explains, Jakir or whatever his name was isn't Orc Jesus. He was an unblooded Orc that united the nine armies thousands of years prior, and became blooded through his bravery. All in all, it's very much the same hero's journey faire you'd see in dozens of other cultures, so it's not that odd.

It's LA. They've got a massive mexican and african population, so this isn't very surprising.

Critics are paid shills half of the time, and the rest of the year they have to justify their paycheck by shitting on fun movies. Is it an amazing or perfect movie? No, but it was a good action flick that tried to say something decent, at least for the first half of the film. For the rest, there was a lot of cool scenes and ideas presented.

7.5/10, I'd definitely watch a sequel or television show set in this universe.

Oddly only the Orc speech was subtitled. Everything Tikka says is [Elf speech].

I never once saw the Orcs as blacks. What the fuck is everyone smoking?

>Bright tries to be a hard-hitting cop drama
Thats a literal lie.
Fucking RT is worthless.

Exactly.

Some of her elf speech is subtitled.