This is why I don't watch TV

Hahahahahha

this why I don't live in a cardboard house

>putting your tv above the fireplace

why do people do this

but american houses are so big!

Why didn't they just wall mount it with some known working studs

Is this the biggest flop of 2017?

because they don't give a shit about viewing angles.

This is why you buy a TV cabinet, at least you'll have a place for DVD's/Blu-Rays and your gaming devices/games. You mounting your TV on a wall is just asking for pain later on.

>having your tv that high up
>not wall mounting it
nice

This is why you keep your gigantic media screen on the floor.

Seems like you got another hobby with guitar playing OP see you on Sup Forums

Because you're too retarded to mount a television on a bracket rather than on a shitty little mantle that wasn't reinforced at all?

>everyone focusing on the fallen tv and fireplace failure
>no one asking where all the cords/connections are and where they plug in

G Em C D

Name that tune

This pic always triggered me.
>"wtf? Why did this non-load bearing shelf meant for seasonal decorations, family photos, and Tommy's baseball trophy not hold my 50 lb tv?"

cabinets are gay as fuck user
Fire place master race checking in.
3 years and the mantel is still going strong

A television should be placed at eye level to where you are sitting. Mounting a TV above a fireplace means you have to look up at the screen, causing neck strain. You shouldn't be watching it like you're sitting in the front row of a movie theatre.

>when will they learn

>attend parade of homes tour
>literally every million-dollar house has tv mounted above the fireplace

babbys first song on guitar

So many retards do this the wrong way.

THAT SINK ISN'T BRACED YET!

I’ve never understood putting a tv high up. If I’m sitting on my couch why do I want to have to look up the whole time. Just get a nice media center and put it at eye level, no risk of it falling or anything.

What was the beam made from and why did it snap like that? Shouldn't they be wood or stone?

Who here has a dedicated TV room? I've got one in my bedroom but I rarely use it. My living room is focused around the fireplace and the windows, no TV in it. My TV room is a comfy den with nice couches and chairs arranged at optimal viewing angles.

Makes me look like a smart Wojak when people walk into my house and don't see a TV and only bookshelves. Plus it forces conversation and focus on each other. In reality I'm a brainlet Wojak though.

>Breaks neck

Oh my god this
My dad refuses to let me get him a normal entertainment center that places the TV at eye level and insists that he and my mom like the TV on top of the one he made in the 80's that stands taller than a normal dresser. Every time they come over to watch survivor or a movie they will mention something like how good the show looks at my place. I bought them the same tv I have last Christmas.

I want to murder this person.

>PVC CONDUIT
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

WIRES INSIDE THE WALL YOU PLEB

Probably styrofoam or lightweight gypsum. Nothing in American houses is ever real.

What the fuck?

Katy Perry is

Me too, user, me too.

woops

>living in a cardboard house
Americans actually do this?

HOWLING IN MY SKIN

>Kills you in your sleep

Do people not do any research before putting up their TV's? Just make sure you know what you are screwing into and what the correct screw/anchor for that job is

That's horrible. Less is more.

>cardboard

Are you retarded? Do you not know what drywall and studs are? The idiot didn't mount it to the studs.

THEY DIDN'T MOUNT IT IN STUDS? WHAT THE FUCK, JUST DRYWALL? ASKING FOR IT.

t. generic empty desk with a mac with one of those tiny wireless keyboards without a numpad

Thats really nice. I don't get the problems with either. It's extremely nice.
>Less is more

No, less is all you can afford and that is a great setup.

What is a stud?

The support structure that you attach things to. Don't ever attach anything to a wall without finding the stud first.

>I deal only in extremes, it's only one or the other, middle ground is literally absolutely incomprehensible to me

the wood frame for the wall.
tbf you can mount it into the mdf but you need right fixings

How do you know where they are without tearing the wall up first?

>everything is black and white, there are only extremes

It's a fucking olive garden down there

I can attach things to my wall wherever I want, this little piggy's got a house made of bricks, I just have to make sure I'm not drilling into wires.

knock on the wall. if hollow sound, no stud

TAKES UR HEAD CLEAN OFF, LIKE THE FRENCH REVOLUTION

it looks good but in practise that's a shit place for the tv

Wall mountain sucks it makes it hard to swap out the consoles plugged into the tv. Also it puts the tv above me instead of at my level sitting down which is an affront to my knowledge.

literally me tbqh

>knock on the wall, if hollow sound, no stud

That or use a stud finder -- an electronic device that has better accuracy.

16 inches of separation between studs from the corner, or just get a stud finder.

Enjoy modifying your house in anyway within a decent timeframe. Also enjoy the cost.

My TV is mounted into the plasterboard/drywall, just make sure you get the right screws for it, the ones I use are rated to 20kg (tv and stand are 10KG combined) but some screws go up to 80kg+

Handy dandy tools called a stud finder, or knock on the wall and if it's a hollow sound then there's no stud. If you don't hear the hollow sound then you've found a stud. They're at pretty regular intervals most of the time (unless your house was designed by a madman)

TV's on walls look so fucking tacky and shit, unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary due to lack of space.

the drywall fixings held bretty good. shame the wall is made from walmart boxes

Such craftsmanship.

I have a TV above my fireplace, it's in a central place in the room with the couches surrounding it. I don't use it that much though, I have a giant canvas screen, a projector and surround sound in another room for kino viewing.

>have my tv perfectly placed on my room&board media console
>literally every retard who comes over asks “when ya gonna mount yer tee vee up on the wall??”

why do americans insist on living in cardboard houses?

I couldn't use a stud finder as my wall had foil lined insulation in between the plaster and the stud. Honestly, just going into plaster is the way to go nowadays with TVs getting lighter and better screws

As an interior designer, it fucking drives me mad. Literally the one of the worst places to put a TV and FUCKING EVERYONE DOES IT

In normal countrys its plastered brick, dry wall is for work converted sheds

All that electric power wasted on neet life.

>My TV is mounted into the plasterboard/drywall

It's not the screws weight limit that is keeping up, its the drywall not tearing. I could use railroad spikes and that wall would still eventually rip off the wall.

Literally nothing wrong with this.

bricklaying is an art. it can be a nightmare

cheaper to rebuild when a flood or hurricane ruins it

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

Aesthetically it looks pleasing, but the correct viewing angle is eye-level.

>In normal countrys its plastered brick

Plaster is shit and extremely awful. North American stopped using it for a reason. Drywall and Wood is much easier, cheaper and faster to put up. The UK would blow away just as easy if it was in any sort of hurricane alley. Brick does shit against anything over

>goes to sleep
>wakes up with two crushed legs

Has somebody got that pic of the wall mounted TV halfway though a divider wall?

>Amerishoots literally pay over a million dollars to live in a house made of styrofoam and cardboard because muh free markets

TOPFUCKINGKEK

hahahah i w as thinking the same thing

This is why I don't watch TV

nice opinion

Got drunk and tripped, fell on TV and now it's broken. Can't watch kino and play Playstation.

JESUS CHRIST

You're an idiot who doesn't understand how drywall and screws work.

>Drywall would eventually rip off the studs

Thats what I meant to put, even so, its not hard to get. You don't understand how to mount anything clearly.

REDDIT BTFO

>Bring a gril home for the first time
>TV falls on her

my grandfather put the TV in the fireplace, and it looks amazing

>no box of tissues
fake

>american houses

Now it won't fall down. Based Eastern Euros

IF, and I must stress I don't think this is a good idea, but IF you were going to do this, would you not have the tv by your head? They can't see it from where they sleep.

you don't use MDF on the interior, or at least i've never heard of it. maybe where yo live

Removed for the photo

because most older houses are designed around fireplaces being the central feature of a room.
Just had my fireplace removed because there wasn't anywhere else I could put the TV

Yeah and risk waking up dead.

I put my tv in front of my fireplace and don't use the fireplace