Thrawn was in Rebels, is getting a new trilogy of books, and is getting a comic series in February...

Thrawn was in Rebels, is getting a new trilogy of books, and is getting a comic series in February. Why did Disney make him canon? Is he going to appear in a movie eventually?

does he really need 4 pens

THEY'RE NOT PENS!

Each one is a different color, very necessary

Thrawn is Reddit personified. He shouldn't be in a movie.

How on God’s perfectly flat Earth is Thrawn reddit?

When Disney wiped the EU people assumed it was because they didn't like what was already there.

I'm sure that's true to a certain extent, but it's clear now it was mostly done to make sure things tie into each other better. The first book of Thrawns new trilogy was as good as the first of his old trilogy IMO and it actually fits in the continuity unlike the old EU. Seriously it was fantastic.

As someone who was outraged that they wiped the EU when it first happened, I am now much more accepting having read the current stuff and see why they did it.

Bring on more.

because he's bad ass and cool as fuck. if they keep him like the books he'll be awesome
that literally makes no sense.
thrawn is a complex character who is known to wipe out civilians to win. dude is uber smart and competent to the point even the emperor knew to let thrawn do what he wanted to do and promoted him.

How accurate is his character now compared to Zahn's previous trilogy?

eventually yes but it won't be the main series. He'll be in an anthology film

Exactly the same. He's still written by Zahn so I suppose it's appropriate.

He's Mr. Cold and calculated. Everything he does is based on science and logic, he has no personality. If he was real he would be a big fan of the Big Bang Theory. How is he in any way not Reddit?

You know they had Zahn write it again right?

After how they handled the characters in TLJ I don't want to see Thrawn in the movies. They'll make him an incompetent idiot.

Oh neat. I wonder how he'll be killed off or whether he's in charge of another faction vying for control of the galaxy.

In Rebels or in Thrawn? In Rebel’s he is watered down since the real Thrawn would wipe those losers out without much difficulty and Rebels is too scared to kill off ANY character that is not a Stormtrooper.

In the new book, he is exactly the way he was in the Zhan trilogy since Zhan wrote the new book as well.

You do know his whole fucking job is that of a large-scale tactician right? Calculation is a vital part of his profession.

Hardly. He's an avid art collector and history buff.

They kind of made him dumber and beatable but made him physically more capable. But he would be about 10 years younger

Book thrawn would have wiped out the rebels in "rebels" in maybe 2 episodes. He'd murder everyone in a heart beat then just move on. He wasn't like this over powering super genius. He was more like a detective. You couldn't trick him, you could throw off a feint or a distraction, he'd see right through it. In the books he only lost twice because of Jedi Magic and he was killed by his body guard.

Like in rebels he lets them escape at one point, but in the books he'd wipe them the fuck out or capture them and get all the info.

So his brutality and efficiency has been toned down but it's a kids show.

People were assuming he was going to be killed off I'm rebels but that was before 2 more books were confirmed.

The books are making bank too so I'm sure he's here to stay

What are you talking about. The guy is a art collector and an artist. He studies enemies culture specifically their art to figure them out and conquer them. He's a big soft power guy. He's also shown to be honorable and decent while having a very dry sense of humor. He nearly kills a guy for insulting and disregarding someones culture.

He's complex. He's brutal and efficient but has humanity in him.

I'd like to point out that this is a problem with Rebels more than the character. He written fine in the books currently being released.

Reddit is retarded normies in their echo chambers. I fail to see any link with a tactical genius amateur of art.
You dont like him, its ok, but dont post retarded posts like that. You look like a redditor.

Yeah I mean I get it. I've the books. It's a kid show he can't be book thrawn. Vader had to be toned down as well. Vader would have killed ezra and Canaan was well but once again kids show.

>I'm sure that's true to a certain extent, but it's clear now it was mostly done to make sure they could profit from new material

FTFY

Only dribbling idiots are fans of the big bang theory
>HERP DERP DEM NERDS MAN

People say this as if they aren't selling the old stuff still.

A thrawn Trilogy rerelease would have been just as profitable if they did it right and wouldn't have required a new writer, but they chose not to.

he was the only memorably character from the zahn books, i'm not watching any movies that don't include him

In fairness, it would have to be an edited version since there are quite a few things in the original Thrawn trilogy that contradicts the prequels.