Great Lakes Avengers #7 Storytime

How many stealth mini's does this make for marvel now?

This is definitely someone's fetish.

I was wondering whether this was going to be storytimed. I don't think there's any interest in it, though

Yeah well, they should've just had it as mini from the beginning, there was no hope for this book at all. It was obviously dead on arrival.

Of course it is, it's just a rather liberal fat fetish and that's almost vanilla these days.

More then you think
Less then you hope

In Dr. Nod's defense, these pill would make them billionaires. Give people the power to shape their fat into any body type they want, that's a guaranteed money maker.

Doorman was the best thing about this book, he always got a chuckle out of me.

Why does the fucking land whale want to be fat

Because it's her super power.

At no point did I ever think that I would live to see a weeaboo furry super hero, truly these are dark times that we live in.

Taking a play from SG's playbook and using her strongest technique, the off panel defeat.

I'm going to miss this series. It wasn't perfect, but it had enough interesting threads that it sucks we'll never see them fulfilled.

and the ending is pure bullshit.

Now this is just getting ridiculous, where is all of this extra fat coming from? The fat dimension?

I don't recall where, but I remember Hank Pym mentioning that the mass used when he grows is taken from another dimension. Bertha's powers could be tapping into the same place which allows her (and this dude who copied her powers) to grow.

MGH is a hell of a drug.

In their defense, detroit was a lost cause and should've been walled off from the rest of society as long before they got there.

is this shit actually coming from big 2?

jesus christ

Honestly I still can't believe I'm still not used to the idea that Deadpool's been officially an Avenger for a while now.

The GLA make other teams look like shit, when it comes to team unity they're awful in every other regard.

this is gonna be gross

I really wanted them to win.

Never be A-list, but at least beloved by the people of Detroit.

It was, it's not anymore.

And here I thought that they would make a star wars reference.

>marvel is unironically publishing this
How far we've fallen

>fetishes: the comic
They went all out on a DOA book, I can respect that

It's a humor book, what's the big deal?

>is this shit actually coming from big 2?
>that much of a reaction over this

Come on, there has been MUCH worse.

This is actually not a bad tactic, teleport the immortal into giant monsters and deal with them from the inside, beats how they tried to deal with Terminus that time.

>How far we've fallen
Well, Byrne did create the team so blame it all on him.

Yeah, but it would work better if he had a knife.

lel

Yeah, I thought it was pretty shrewd.

Don't need a knife when you can punch their heart, straight up fucking murdered him.

Stan Stasiak is gonna sue

Goddamit Doorman

This beg the question, where were they during the monsters even?

They must have realised that this book wouldn't last long on their own. I doubt that anyone working at a comic like this wouldn't make 2 + 2.

Whops, posted the wrong page there, so now it's time for the part of the book where Zac and Will were told that they were cancelled so they had to hastily redo the end of the issue to reflect it.

I know everyone shits on them but I don't mind when marvel puts out books that most people know are only going to last 6-12 issues at best. It's better than spidey/x-men/avengers all the time.

It's a shame really, the book wasn't awful but it wasn't really on par with Slott's mini from years ago. Maybe if it had some more polish, if the jokes were stronger, maybe it could've found it's place.

Should we be able to see parts of the sketch?

Artist didn't even have time to clean up the pages, you can still see the pencil lines.

sorry meant to reply to

Deadpool here, for no reason other than because he's popular.

>you can still see the sketch lines on the faces

Wow that's some rushed art.

>I don't mind when marvel puts out books that most people know are only going to last 6-12 issues at best.
I partially agree, but I'd prefer them to actually announce them as minis, rather than try to be stealthy about it. It's not like they're fooling anyone at this point

And it's over, and we never found out who was going to take the knot.

Very meta

That's the perfect ending to a GLA book.

This is some bullshit, where the fuck is Radioactive Nipple Laser Man?

Truly, nobody likes them in this world or the next.

They seriously should have said that the Running With the Devil books (Daredevil line) were all minis. They only said that Bullseye was, but it looks like Kingpin and Elektra are done at issue #5.

It also hurts that their VP of marketing admitted that they don't want people to know they are minis because then people would just wait for a trade.

>Deadpool cameo
>cancelled at issue #7
>characters are literally told they were fired on the last page
Somehow, that works really well for a joke team like theirs

Maybe they should just fucking do trades right off the bat.

Someone should shop this to say REEEEEE with fat Jen the devil

Here's the thing. If they announce them as ongoings, and there's some unseen runaway success, then they can just make it longer. If they announce it as a mini and there's some unseen runaway success, then they have to relaunch it as an ongoing and hope that the relaunch doesn't hurt sales.

Plus, minis always sell worse than ongoings exactly because people just wait for the trades.

Marvel is suck fucked up right now.
It's like there's not a single thing they can do that isn't shitty and bad for their consumers.

It sucks, because this run had some legit good ideas. Good Boy, Nain Rouge, and Dr. Nod were all fun concepts. I hope we get some minis and one shots out of this, but with Mr. Immortal being on that Freeform show they're probably just going to whore him out endlessly and ignore the rest of the team.

I think publishing all of these "weaker" books in a magazine would be a good idea. I personally dislike buying floppies, but I would definitely buy a monthly magazine with 3-4 titles in it

Maybe one day they'll bring her back, and Craig can be happy again.

Playing poker.

last issue I read was Good boy mauling the budget daredevil and throwing him to the cops, what happened since?

>Daredevil guy is in a coma, but there's a risk of him waking up and making the GLA lives hell.
>Money issues force Big Bertha to take an "off color" modeling job
>Turns out it's before and after for weight loss pills
>Turns out the guy wants to steal Bertha's DNA to make pills for fat fetishists
>Now he's dead and the team is dissolved so all that's meaningless.

>furry
>fat fetisist
>deadpool appears

this feels more like someone's bad fanfiction. This was official???

Not only fat fetishists, but also people who want to lose weight. Bertha's powers control fat.

It's a humor book.

Good Boy is a great character

Who's the lewd furr

>#7

wait, did it come back? Did I miss a few issues? I thought there was only 6?

Issue 7 is the final issue.

But did it come like, years later?

Are you thinking of the four issue mini from 2005? Because this is the 7th issue of the now cancelled gla ongoing that started back in October.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking about. The one where Squirrel Girl joined. Guess I have more to read.

I liked the humor of the book but something about the art made me too uncomfortable to actually buy it.

That's not how it works. They made the deal so that they WOULDN'T have to go to court.

Is Deadpool just fucking with them?

thanks OP

It was the fat girl. The fatty was going g to take the knot. Because everyone is attracted to the fat one for reasons?

Sup Forums loves fat. And this is the hottest Bertha has ever looked.

A weeaboo furry genderswap.

Too bad Good Boy feels like it's trying too hard.

You guys are such pussies, Marvel has done worse.

to be fair deadpool has history with those bozos

he has has history with the team

of course he is, he hates them and doreen isnt there to protect them now

I bet you that if she ever appears again, which in all likelihood will never happen, that genderswap angle is never going to be mentioned.

He doesn't hate them, he just enjoys antagonizing them, and he really wants to fuck Bertha.

>punch dimension
>meat dimension
>huge dimension
And now, the fat dimension.

But Marvel Zombies has always been intentionally campy.

Hell, even the name Marvel Zombie was a tongue-in-cheek affectionate term for what we call "Marvelfags" here on this Portuguese Tattoo Forum.

Also, why hasn't Doreen checked in on her old teammates? She too good for them now?

Yes, she ignored a phone call from them while she was hanging out with actual Avengers.

Wow.

What a bitch,

She'll have tits. Bet on it.

If hulk's time in the crossroads taught me anything it's that there's a dimension for everything.

What comic is she in now? Besides her own.

You forgot the part where she's a chick that turns into a male werewolf

U.S.Avengers.

A pastel colored male werewolf.