Apparently Stanley Kubrick wanted to make a 40k movie in the 00's, but he died before he could realize it

Apparently Stanley Kubrick wanted to make a 40k movie in the 00's, but he died before he could realize it.

How would you adapt a 40k movie, and what kind of story would you tell in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick's_unrealized_projects
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imperial Guard, Space Marines, and Orks, with Eldar and Chaos appearing in the sequel.
Just tell a good sci-fi war story while introducing the universe and the major factions.

>Apparently Stanley Kubrick wanted to make a 40k movie
First, I call bullshit.
Second if Kubric wanted a 40k movie, he would first create the technology necesary for Astartes.

>First, I call bullshit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick's_unrealized_projects
>While working with Ian Watson on the story for A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Kubrick asked Watson for a pre-print copy of his Warhammer 40,000 tie-in novel Inquisitor. Watson quotes Kubrick as saying, "Who knows, Ian? Maybe this is my next movie?"[32]

It's not like Kubrick hasn't made adaptations of crappy novels like the Shining and then turned them into art. And the 40k setting is more fleshed out than Stephen King's universe.

40k is not meant to be a serious setting. It's tongue and cheek humor with a setting that is supposed to be retarded that nomies won't be able to take seriously. If I was gonna do it Id' jsut make it an anime series about a young cutie inexperienced female inquisitor who is very tryhard and over zealous with the heretic and xenos purging sometimes but still tries to do the right thing, It would take place in a subsector home to chapter of Space Marines who occasionally show up to help or get in the way at other times.

>Kubrick's Inquisitor
>half genestealer callidus assassin pooping on screen

Nice.

adapt ian watson inquisitor triology

instant 40kino

that wasnt even part of inquisitor triology

>Warp based horror movie

i'd watch it

>kino director chooses the kinoest 40k story

BASED
A
S
E
D

cast him

hardmode: no sean connery

wasnt his his next movie was a Napoleon movie?

>he died
was murdered you mean.

Would rather get a love blooms animated film with god tier voice acting

>liking reddit 40k

I thought it was /tg/ fanfic?

NORMIES FUCK OFF FUCKK OFFFF
You ruined Warhammer. GW used to be Jews, but at least they produced quality content instead of trying to appeal to the dumb movie-watching videogame-playing popcorn-munching plebeian masses.

>How would you adapt a 40k movie, and what kind of story would you tell in it?
just take starship troopers and change like two lines

how would you even watch a 40k movie? the technology doesn’t exist yet.

He was just being polite towards Watson, nothing more.The ''Who knows, Ian?'' makes it quite obvious.

t. psychic and time traveller