That awkward moment when you realise you have no social skills in the adult world but you're super fun around kids...

>That awkward moment when you realise you have no social skills in the adult world but you're super fun around kids because of your interest in cartoons and your imagination which manifests itself in the form of fan content.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJPuZ3fveGI&ab_channel=Yeosan™
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you love cartoons but you fucking hate kids

I solved most of it by being friends with and working as an animator.

I'm guessing you're American? Not really an option for the less privileged nationalities.

I am brazillian.

then you could be an "animador", those clowns that get paid to play with the kids in birthday parties

it hurts worse for those of us who can't stand being around young children despite watching cartoons primarily meant for a younger audience.

You could always be a youth social worker or a primary school teacher

I don't like kids. but I'm a manchild.

Time to sell you your services as a babysitter.

Do you think preschools have high standards for teachers?

I understand. you just like normal innocent shows once in a while and not all the cynical pandering "adult" shows with the same tired dick jokes constantly.

Actual animation dude.

My country is slowly getting quite good at it.

>tfw really good working with kids
>don't want my life career to be about that
>time is running out

I just want a 9-5 job

If I were a primary school teacher, I would want to let the kids do whatever they want and/or talk about cartoons/fun stuff, so probably not a good idea.

Besides, if I applied for a job that involves kids, I'd probably get accused of being a pedophile. My physical appearance, and my inability to communicate with adult bosses, doesn't help.

I suppose you didn't work on Brother of Jorel or Historietas Assombradas (para Crianças Malcriadas)
Because those are the only brazilian cartoons i know

>tfw you hate cartoons but fucking love kids

I hate babies and preschoolers. The kids I have the most chemistry with are the 7-11 range that cartoons are aimed at.

honestly the only "adult" cartoon airing currently that i actually like is bob's burgers. I tend to gravitate towards fantasy and adventure based shows and adult cartoons don't tend to take that kind of route.

why are you on Sup Forums

Worked on Carrapatos&Catapultas, Meu Amigãozão - My Big Big Friend - a canceled project for Cartoon Network, and currently working for a Disney XD Cartoon, that is shaping to be quite great.

I know the guys that work on Jorel's Brother and Historietas tho.

It is actualy EASY as fuck to get into animation here if you live on the right places, because the demand for animators and the salary is way better than most places, and the comunity is pretty small, so everybody gets to know everybody.

Developing countries have their advantages.

>tfw stuck in a supposedly developed country that lacks the advantages of either

My dream is to make a cartoon, but the fact I live in the UK pretty much destroys my chances of working for a major network.
I'll have to settle for a web series, which will probably only get a small following and most of that following will be adults.

that's weird.
I see a lot of kids shows that are really imaginative but sometimes feel slightly held back by network practices, and nearly every adult show I see is just "HEY LOIS! [FRRRRT]!"

I guess most people really are just sheep who watch what they're told to without question.

When I was a teenager, I mostly hung around 10 year olds.
I'm too old to do that now without being totally creepy, so I'm channelling my manchildishness into developing my own cartoon concept.

>That awkward moment when you realize you have no social skills in the adult or child world because you can't relate to the majority of the population of both said groups

yeah. i think the best cartoon I've ever watched was avatar. This is why i tend to go more for anime. More adult story while still having the imagination and wander of kids shows.

As long as you don't make the parents angry, kids will obey you no matter what because they think anything adults say is right.

I think I would be a hit with kids on a personal level because I can enjoy the stuff they like more than your average adult, but I absolutely hate being around them. My brother is planning to have kids with his girlfriend and it makes me really depressed.

I'm incredibly socially awkward around kids and adults.

>Cartoons
>If they watch live action shows, it will be fun ones instead of the crappy ones most adults enjoy
>Video games that are better than the ones most adults enjoy
>Imaginations
>Even if you're not funny, you're probably still on their level when it comes to random jokes
What's not to like?

How is that possible?

That's actually a fairly common trait of developmentally stunted adults, and a pretty universal requisite for pedophilia. It's basically the inability to move past something that psychologically chains you to your youth, thus you relate more to children than peers your age, and thus odd attractions develop that aren't inherently sexual, but inevitably becomes so due to a malnourished libido common in the developmentally stunted crossing over with the part of the brain that makes them feel like they belong with children.

I would advise you to seek help so you can become socialized. I've heard that getting a job as a waiter or in sales really kicks the "social anxiety" right out of most people"

T. Criminal psychologist who basically pulls a Chris Hansen on people for a living.

>That awkward moment when you realize you can't be around kids because they have shit taste in cartoons.

The fuck, I thought Ireland was the new animation Hotspot because of grants?

>kind of like both
>work with kids
This is fine.

Oh God I thought I was the only one. There are basically no threads to talk about these shows (except for 1 user who often shills Elena of Avalor).

As someone (kind of) in education, you know you're in it when you hear "parents" and start thinking "they're going to make I'm trying to do more unnecessarily difficult/unpleasant".

>like comics and cartoons
>not good with adults
>also not good with kids

It isn't too late to actually start making Sup Forums media. If absolutely don't want to learn to art, you can write YA fiction. It's all the rage these days.

That sounds super nice.

Fuck, I should've moved to Brazil or chile instead of america.

Can't complain too much, though, I live next to the studio that made Golan the insatiable. Hoping to send them a demo reel soon

which is such a shame because it's gotten so good. Especially where cedric's concerned. The song "My Evil Dreams" dragged me back into binge watching it after a month or so of watching other things.
youtube.com/watch?v=OJPuZ3fveGI&ab_channel=Yeosan™

You can make art for mobile game. They produce those even in wartorn shitholes.

I hate kids.

Time to go make animated podcasts about pink girls then!

>Not good with adults or kids
>work from home and home is a small rented room I never leave
>work out a lot, look like a greasy caveman
>have some internet friends but zero real life friends, no childhood friends or work acquaintances
>really want to entertain people and make comics and cartoons and videos
>but sometimes look in the mirror and think I just look like a total creep that nobody would want to associate with
>too young to drink at a bar but look too shady to hang around the local college to try and make friends
>pretty much just make comics and cartoons all day, don't play as much vidya anymore, don't do much if anything else

>cartoons&comics

>psychologist

what a worthless profession.

>My dream is to make a cartoon, but the fact I live in the UK pretty much destroys my chances of working for a major network.
>I'll have to settle for a web series, which will probably only get a small following and most of that following will be adults.
Globalism is great, they said!

(Yeah I know that's Sup Forums, but it's Sup Forums too so fuck off.)

Chile? user my country only produced one good animation and only people from the country can understand it, people really don't care about animation here

They just seem... gross, I guess? Unclean? It's hard to boil it down to the root cause, but I just don't want them near me, like how you avoid a homeless person.

I hate Disney for making comics/cartoons childish.

They were childish to begin with, don't listen to the fake history. Japan just made them adult.

You know that Gumball is made by European CN right?

There is also the studio behind Song of the Sea/Secret of Kells.

And also, look at this like The Reward: Tales of Aletrhion.

It is a nordic webserie, with a huge following, multiple comics, a soundtrack and an RPG. The only shame is that Sup Forums barely talks about it.

They're annoying and selfish and until they get around 8 it can be hard to understand a single word they say.
That and their parents don't like it when you say fuck around them.

same. pure comedy gets old, especially about nuclear families.

It was actualy Hannah Barbera fault.

Disney helped animation way more than messed up with this, and when they DO tried to get more experimental and mature, it ended up fucking up with them.

>who basically pulls a Chris Hansen on people for a living
As someone in school for clinical psychology, you're a monster. I thought we were supposed to heal, prevent, and rehabilitate people, not set them up for failure/jail time.

That makes sense. As a result of having abusive parents (coupled with some smaller stuff), I wasn't given the same opportunities as most children, which left me developmentally stunted.

When I was older, I had unusual chemistry with kids, which I successfully suppressed. It wasn't until I started rewatching my childhood cartoons that I became consciously aware of it.

Unpopular opinion: I actually like Teen Titans Go.

I had no idea. Do you have any examples of shows on major networks produced there? And would it be possible to pitch a show there?

why bother with tv? it'll just get canceled after a season. they have the balls to think they're still calling the shots. it's adorable.

I actually have a concept for a cartoon in development, but the fact I don't live in the US makes it super difficult.

You are a manchild

what's your job?

What's it like being a pedophile?

true. I just hate current Disney I guess.

what's their obsession with princesses? it's got to be more than marketing. you'd think that excessively girly stuff would drive a lot of potential fans away.

what's your reasoning?

I have two theories:
1. You're a pedophile trying to suppress your sexual desire for children.
2. You're NOT a pedophile, but worried about being perceived as one.

I'm not saying becoming a cartoon creator in the UK is impossible, just a lot harder since the industry isn't as big and there aren't a lot of people who will get you in there.

>tfw you hate cartoons but love fucking kids

Is there a name for it?

the fuck is this?

Honestly, don't bother. Other nationalities are for wageslaving.

source: am other nationality myself

Do you have a source? I looked it up on Google but couldn't find anything.

I've got an image saved for times like this which help to give people like some perspective

There's a quote by CS Lewis about not being afraid to put away childish things and whatnot, but remember: you aren't CS Lewis, you're a social dumpster fire and it's not okay to use to video games and cartoons as an enabler for self-destruction.

>if i stop watching cartoons and playing video games then my autism will go away!

Sorry user, but it doesn't work like that.

>it's got to be more than marketing.

Nope. It's just marketing.

> you'd think that excessively girly stuff would drive a lot of potential fans away.

They usually have a good balance.

Or, consider the following:

>you pay for the apartment
>that houses the TV you paid for
>that gets shows via cable, dish, etc. that you pay for
If you want to watch something not marketed towards adults but have everything I greentexted going for you, I'd say you're "adult" as you need to be.

>everyone should aspire to adhere to social norms and not wallow in their hobbies
Where the fuck do you think you are? Go back to facebook normalfag.

good job huehue

>Mfw I have ok social skills and hate being around children

fuck beat me to it

A job's a job, nigga

Autism causes you to have few or no social skills, not just hit below your age.

What about the adults who still live with their parents?

How can you have ok social skills if you watch children's cartoons?

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

Hi Kate

I don't have that problem since I hang around other childish adults.

Then they have bigger problems then whether they watch Grey's Anatomy or Sofia the First, like probably not having a job.

By not being a faggot in public... Duh

But they're so cute!

Saying that doesn't make me a paedophile. It's the biological reason why "cuteness" is a thing.

I've never been able to associate human kids with cuteness. Kitten, puppies, and other small animals, but not young humans.

Maybe you're the autistic one then? There's a reason many pre-k cartoons have animal main characters and plots focusing on animals. You ever see that (now) copypasta about why Sonic and autism go together strangely often?

There's something wrong with you then.

The reason the human brain invokes "cuteness" in the first place is to push you to protect and care for babies and children.

i don't frequent Sup Forums so i haven't.... i don't really spend much time outside /vp/ to be honest.
i'd rather the thing wrong with me be the inability to find babies cute over wanting to fuck babies.

I find children cute, but not babies, they're just annoying and messy.

I do find it cute when a 10 year old boy pees his pants on purpose in an attempt to be as gross as possible, but that's different.

The animation industry could use more people like that. Child protagonists in cartoons nowadays tend to act like teenagers, which isn't so bad in adult cartoons (at least there's an excuse), but very annoying in cartoons that are supposed to be aimed at children.

mfw I posses the infinite knowledge of the Cosmos, yet I do not possess the ability to share my inner mind with regular Human Beings, so I try using different mediums of communication to translate the madness of Omniscience to the masses.

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

>tfw you love fucking cartoons but hate kids