Is ""method acting"" a meme?

Is ""method acting"" a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kB15UFO5ebA
youtube.com/watch?v=YNtTU0_X3c0
youtube.com/watch?v=h5xwIZLXrlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. It's now the standard.

I liked Lincoln. A decent flick, the bits with him just discussing shit with people like Grant and the senators were kino.

Yes

It's a legitimate form of acting but Leo and Jared Leto made it a meme.

there is no such thing as method acting

It is for actors that method act so that people will say that they do it..

Yes

what did they do wrong or different?

didn't Jared Leto just take it a bit too far/

what did they do wrong or different? >:(

What about Jim Carrey?

youtube.com/watch?v=kB15UFO5ebA

Leto became the Joker and killed some people.

now thats what I call getting into character

Yes, unless you're Daniel Day Lewis. Whatever he does is totally fine because he is great in everything. Elevates the acting proffession with every new flick.

Is it possible to be so far up your own ass?

>With The Joker being one of modern film's most famously replicated characters–Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger have both played the iconic role–it's no surprise Leto felt the need to go deep to stand out.

>But staying in character for the entire shoot meant castmates bore the brunt of his Method ways. Leto sent Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn a love letter in a box with a live black rat; co-star Will Smith received an envelope full of bullets. Viola Davis said that Leto sent a henchman to drop a dead hog off to his castmates, and by Leto's own recent admission he sent "everyone" used condoms and anal beads.

Jered Leto (and/or just the media desu) hyped up his method acting. he tried to be crazy off set, mailed some people some dead animals, was a bit crazy in person.
The media made it into a meme because they knew the movie sucked

I thought we like dSS

No it's actually legit. A lot of modern method actors are more like meme actors though. They act like a moron when the camera isn't rolling as a way to market and get attention, and when they get called out on their bad behavior they claim it's method acting, literally doing an "I was just pretending to be retarded."

we?

>sent Margott Robbie used condoms...
wew buddy

the movie may have sucked, but does that really make him a failed/meme method actor compared to the other ones? The movie was destined to be shit anyway being a DC affair and with that director

wuz

pretty sure sending people condoms filled with semen would get you put in jail

"acting" is a meme. role are given soley based on apperance

It's not even acting. If you live as your character for months before filming, you're just playing yourself.

Giovanni Ribisi prepared for a role of a mentally handicapped man by going a few weeks around his neighborhood acting like a retard.

Method Acting.

*rolls eyes* uh yeah with living in PC prude-feminism- of American you would

as apposed to getting in character only when the camera starts rolling ?

how do ugly fat people get roles?

they smile alot
and comic relief or just poor cast director

I don't want to be that guy but there was also numerous allegation that Jared Leto is a pervert irl. Sending used condoms and anal beads to a female actress is fucking weird, no matter how you put it.

this made me realise actors like this have severe mental problems but because of their profession they are allowed to let loose all in the name of "art." Jim carrey should be in a fucking psych ward.

remember, 18+ :)

Just imagine being some random technician guy on set and having to deal with a dipshit movie star """"""method act"""""" outside the scene.

yeah he may be a dipshit, but you still got a job to do, and a movie to make good

>Jim carrey should be in a fucking psych ward.
youtube.com/watch?v=YNtTU0_X3c0

Yeah, then you're actually pretending to be something you're not.

what about pretending to be something you're not for months on end?

>Leo does some method acting
>still can’t pull off a convincing accent

That’s wher they fucked up, you’ll need to be a 10/10 actor to be able to pull pff the method meme and not be a insufferable cunt, it’s a fine line between the two

I take it back, he's hilarious.

>pretending to be something you're not for months on end?
sounds like me everyday when I have to socialize

that slow mo was legit impressive

Method acting is just practicing outside rehearsals, annoying everyone around you. It's probably effective but also unnecessary. I also find the idea of talented actors simply snapping into the character way more impressive than jerking around for months until it becomes a habit

I find it kinda hollow when they do that. Sure the actor could be good in general, but still you can tell he is playing the same basic person. look at Ryan Gosling

well it depends on the actors and the roles they commonly play, I mean I hate Jennifer Lawrence because she always plays the same character

but they are also the people that can 'snap into' character. not really impressive

He was pretty good in Garden State

youtube.com/watch?v=h5xwIZLXrlA

M-E-T-H-O-D-
MAN

What exactly do people learn in drama school to act better?

Anyone else find his Gangs of new york performance kind of meh, like he was trying too hard?

Yes.
>Dustin Hoffmanhas long been known as one of method acting’s most earnest exponents. A showbiz story involves his collaboration with Laurence Olivier on the 1976 film Marathon Man. Upon being asked by his co-star how a previous scene had gone, one in which Hoffmann’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, Hoffmann admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied Olivier smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?”

SEXUAL HARASSMENT WHERE ARE LETO'S ACCUSERS?????

I have no idea, but I'm sure (((someone else))) does