Dude the Force just balances itself lol

>dude the Force just balances itself lol
So what is the entire point of Anakin being the chosen one if the Force auto adjusts the power scaling?
And how did Luke, for 30 years, think dying alone would be the right solution with this scaling thing going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_side_of_the_Force
youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not a new concept.
In Legends, the Force only spawned Anakin as a counter-reaction to Plageuis' attempts at experimenting with life.

The force created Anakin and Anakin brought balance to the force, therefore the force balanced itself.

Luke figured if there's no Jedi then there can't be any sith because the force balanced itself.

These are kids films made to sell toys.
Not sure how people don't understand them at this point.

>there is a Jedi, me
>meaning there must be a sith of at least equal power out there
>I know I'll just die, this will solve the problem and not just spawn another jedi to fill the power vacuum
Genius

Also if the force balace themself making more powerful the less jedi are, why Anakin was so fucking OP with all the damn jedi there were around at the time and just barely a couple of shits?

>IN LE LEGENDS IT WAS

nobody cares, kys

Did you miss how the movie went out of its way to make Luke wrong?

He goes to burn the texts, Rey already had them. He confronts Kylo and literally says "I will NOT be the last Jedi." He was wrong the whole time.

you asked and he answered, what's your issue buddy

>legends
Thank god the EU is gone!

Except the only way to be this wrong with this much time to think is to be absolutely retarded

This render of snoke is missing his eyebrows. They changed his eyes to look like Trump’s and also gave him Trump’s eyebrows

>its for kids turn off your brain
>But he tried to murder his nephew
Shhhh sweetie its for kids

DUDE JUST SUBVERT YOUR EXPECTATIONS LMAO

Because Luke Skywalker has always been a genius character known for his super smarts.

Oh wait.

>What is The Lion King

Nice throat vagina

I hate this Yin Yang shit so much. The whole idea was that the dark side is unnatural and needs to be removed like a tumor so the Force can be balanced again.

Now this new interpretation makes every single past and future installment pointless. Who cares which side wins? The Force will always create more Jedi/Sith to balance out the equation, so every struggle is now completely pointless, nobody wins in the end.

Fuck you, Disney.

the chosen one bullshit was a retcon based on toy sales, George noticed Vader was the guy on all the cereal boxes and the center of the marketing so he had to make him the LITERAL center of the star wars universe.

the idea that evil can ever 100% be destroyed is ludicrous, as long as the Force exists assholes who will abuse it will always be there

this

Star Wars is a black and white series for all ages, not some morally grey drama.

Yeah it's not like he was ever depicted as a wise old meditating man who spent years philosophizing about the Force or something, that certainly didn't happen

Good can still be good and evil can still be evil but forcing a juvenile bullshit space jesus allegory because of toy sales is still retarded

If only there were movies showing how he learned from his mistakes, tempered his patience, and trained in the force.

It’s okay for a character to learn and grow. It’s not okay for a master who’s strength is to get back up from his mistakes and try all the harder to magically give up at the first sign of trouble because “ohhh Ben has bad thoughts”

This.

Yeah, and Yoda needed convincing from Obi Wan's ghost to train Luke in the first place, who was in exile for 30 years, refusing to train pupils.

Yoda then calls him out for his shit in this one for being wrong because Yoda has the gift of hindsight, perspective to see where he was wrong.

So what's your point here dude?

You can call it stupid all you want but in respect to the star wars franchise it's nothing short of consistent.

It wasn't because Ben had bad thoughts...it was because LUKE had bad thoughts. He was going to kill his nephew because he feared the next Vader but all he saw was a scared little boy while he seemed closer to Vader at that point. He doesn't trust himself after that. He says as much. .

Did anyone watch the movie?

I haven't watched TLJ but if they retconned the prophecy I'm fine with it. They keep talking about the One who will bring balance to the Force in the prequels but they never explain how the Force is unbalanced and what are the consequences of this unbalance on the world. We know it's not about destroying the Sith because the Jedi are thrilled about Anakin being the One before even finding out the Sith are still roaming the galaxy. It's just George Lucas forcing Jesus parallels in his story because people love Darth Vader and he thinks making everything gravitate around him will make the franchise better.

>kids buy Star Wars toys because of Jesus allegories

????????????????????????????????

Anakin was the chosen one. Luke was his son. Rey is some random. She should not be more powerful than Anakin or Luke, hell she shouldn't even be as powerful as Leia. It's just bullshit, because you're sitting there watching her be a bitch to Luke, and you're like "Who the fuck is she?". How is she so awesome at Force bs? The movie never bothers to explain or even hint at the reason why. Obviously she's a midichlorian hive but it's just totally random and does nothing for the story except ensure that she and her friends will survive and win against the bad guys no matter what.

>Yeah, and Yoda needed convincing from Obi Wan's ghost to train Luke in the first place, who was in exile for 30 years, refusing to train pupils.
That is a moral judgement, not a simple logical deduction.
My man, a literal child could be asked the same question that Luke was faced with here and come up with a better response than "if I leave the problem will go away." This isn't something that requires an experienced perspective, this is 2 + 2 = 4 level.
>it was because LUKE had bad thoughts
He lit the saber because Ben had bad thoughts as a result of Snoke's influence in the true flashback. He did give up due to Ben, if only for a second (only to absolutely give up later).

It's even more bullshit considering how everyone seems to know who Rey is in TFA. It's clear when you rewatch it that she's supposed to be SOMEONE.

Abrams is a hack for setting all of that up with no idea where it was going and Johnson is a hack for going in the complete opposite direction and making her a nobody while doubling down on her being literally the most powerful force user to ever live. Why the hell did Disney choose these people?

You need to stop thinking with the prequels. Darth Vader was not the chosen one for the first 22 years this franchise existed, he was just some guy in the OT. The idea that he was the SUPER DUPEREST STRONGEST JEDI EVER and the CHOSEN ONE was a retcon introduced by the Phantom Menace because George saw Darth Vader sold toys and thought that meant Vader had to be the LITERAL center of the star wars universe

>midichlorians

fuck off, they're basically noncanon at this point. Rey is powerful because she's a good person who believes, just like Luke

It doesn’t make sense for luke to come that close to killing his nephew in the first place. Especially after his triumphant resistance to Palpatines temptation. I wonder what fucked up shit was going through his fathers mind while luke could “sense the good” in him and with the emperor encouraging home to finish his father off he cast all that aside.

I’m not saying he should be perfect. If anything Luke’s most entertaining when he’s trying to redeem his mistakes, but it doesn’t make sense for someone so self-aware to be so self-consumed

>after his triumphant resistance to Palpatines tempation

Oh, you mean when he tried to strike down Sheev in anger, and then was only an inch away from murdering Vader?

All Luke did was have a temptation to kill Ben, which he immediately regretted. Only problem is that the temptation was enough to cause disaster.

>Here, I'll just ignore half the series
>I'm a """""True Fan(TM)"""""

I don't give a fuck about your headcanon and time gaps, I don't care if you're still that butthurt about the prequels 10+ years later, they exist, they're canon, get over it. Disney's blatant disregard only cements NuWars status as pure Fanfiction Tier horse that ought not to be taken seriously.

>The idea that he was the SUPER DUPEREST STRONGEST JEDI EVER and the CHOSEN ONE was a retcon introduced by the Phantom Menace because George saw Darth Vader sold toys and thought that meant Vader had to be the LITERAL center of the star wars universe
And? Vader at the center is a good idea.
>Oh, you mean when he tried to strike down Sheev in anger, and then was only an inch away from murdering Vader?
Sheev is utterly irredeemable and meant to be a moral absolute. The entire point of the scene with Vader was that he DIDN'T murder Vader there, even through the constant mental assault he was being put through. When Sheev realizes this guy is just not going to do it no matter what is when he gives up and electrocutes Luke. That's the power of the scene and it's ruined by TLJ.

>you can become a god by "being a good person" and "believing" in some vague concept of the circle of life
That's absolutely assfucking retarded and 50× worse than midichlorians.

wanting to kill the master of evil who not only corrupted my father but is actively killing my friends in front of me vs. should I kill my nephew? I mean he’s talking to some shady people, nah better not OH GOD WHAT HAVE I BECOME.
It doesn’t make sense no matter how you spin it. The only reason he tapped the dark side in VI is because he was confronting a Sith Lord and his chief apprentice with all the emotional turmoil in between. Whatever the damage is done now.

Vader being the main character of the prequels is a good idea. Him being the LITERAL center of the Star Wars universe and the most important person to have ever lived through a hamfisted jesus allegory is not

>The entire point of the scene with Vader was that he DIDN'T murder Vader there

Yeah, and he didn't murder Ben either, and outright says he was ashamed of himself for even considering it. Why do people always ignore this?

>So what is the entire point of Anakin being the chosen one
That was always the worst part of the prequels. Turning Anakin from a tragic hero into space jesus that the entire universe revolved around.

It’s two entirely different contexts, are you that dense? Ben was laying in bed chilling in the safety and comfort of their home, Vader and sheeve were mentally and physically assaulting him. The situations aren’t comparable.

>Him being the LITERAL center of the Star Wars universe and the most important person to have ever lived through a hamfisted jesus allegory is not
The Jesus allegory is stupid, but having him be the center of Star Wars is great. Bad execution, great idea.
>Yeah, and he didn't murder Ben either, and outright says he was ashamed of himself for even considering it. Why do people always ignore this?
Because there are different contexts. In ROTJ, he embarks on a suicide mission because he, of his own accord, decides to save the good left in one of the most vile people in the galaxy.
In TLJ, of his own value judgement, with no outside influence, and on a person who hasn't done anything wrong, he says "yeah this guy has to die." Even if it's for a split second, the fact that he reached that conclusion given the circumstances is completely OOC.

>this meme again

I got you covered, breh.

No one is ignoring your point you’re just reading what you want to read

Thank you based user

I might be retarded but I thought the whole balance thing that Luke referred to was if there is a powerful dark user being made then the light will make one to counter it if there isn't already one and not the other way around.

Even when he's on the floor and completely open to attack, look at what Luke is striking. Not Vader's open weak points, but his saber.

Try paying attention to the movies next time. There isn't a single mention of a "light side" anywhere in the series until Disney took over. The Dark side was always meant to be unnatural.

>The Dark side is a pathway to many abilities considered by some to be unnatural.
t. Sheev

and obviously no response to a unassailable argument

THIS

Jedi just refer to their side (ie not dark) as "the Force", and talk about the light being good and stuff.

I wasn't arguing about the dark being natural. I said the "light" aka the force would just make a new jedi to fight a rise in the dark. But it wouldn't make a new dark user if there was too many jedi.

The word "light side" is never mentioned in the movies. There is only The Force and then the dark side of the Force.

>Luke goes to a secluded planet to die
>still takes the time to study new Force tricks

>Luke goes to Kylo to see how far gone Kylo is, with no intention of killing him
>still brings his lightsaber so he can activate it when he gets shocked
Thanks, Rian, for a completely nonsensical movie.

They call it the Force because that's all it is, they never talk about some bullshit light, this isn't World of Warcraft.

Jedi are based on zen monks, they're not fucking paladins.

>Luke goes to a secluded planet to die
>leaves a map behind

ayyyy

is that not what lucas did?

>prophecy says skywalker will balance the force
>oops we didnt realize that meant jedi extermination lol

He actually turns to directly face the camera as it zooms up on his face and says, "I not be Star Wars Episode IX: The Last Jedi(TM)"???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

phantom menace getting namedropped was gay too, don't even start with me bro

You are being super anal about names.

They do reference the light side of the force anyways.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_side_of_the_Force

he doesnt even look evil in this image
just a sad tired old man with dementia... ;( cut down by his grandson...

This is what Jedi actually believe.jpg

Only SOME would consider the dark side unnatural. That is Sheev's whole point when he's trying to convert Anakin. The Jedi were canonically overzealous and dogmatic to the point of their own downfall.

In short the Jedi don't acknowledge the dark side as legit Force out of their own innate bias and because they are pricks

No, you idiot. The prophecy was that he'd destroy the Sith, which he did.

Find me a single instance in the OT or PT when they refer to a light side. If you do I'll send 100 buck through Pay Pal.

>missing the point of a children's movie
Why do you think Sidious looked like an old hag with yellow eyes and rotten teeth? Why do you think they empatized that Vader is more machine than man? It's to clue you in that the DS is not natural and it corrupts everything it touches.

Luke didn't create the map, the fact that the Empire had a partially completed one in their archives shows that it existed long before he left

I asked why he LEFT it behind, not who created it. And in R2 of all places.

I thought Luke left the mission cause Vader can sense him. He literally says I shouldn’t be here.

The force is a malevolent entity that feeds on conflict between light & dark.

t. Kreia

youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY
2:40

How can anybody be okay with Luke's portrayal in this movie? He literally served no purpose. He didn't teach Rey shit, didn't care that his fucking sister was in danger, and just died for no reason. Why increase the film's length even further for no payoff (hello, Canto Bight)?

I the movie is going to put Rey with Luke for over 90 minutes, at least have her learn from him. That would at least explain how she is able to wreck Snoke's Praetorian Guard despite have ZERO Jedi training. Does being strong with the force make one a better swordfighter all of a sudden? Better than men who have been training for years?

dude just

turn
your
brain
off

you make it sound like "chosen one" isn't step away from "it was all a dream" level stupidity.

>oops we didnt realize that meant jedi extermination lol

>end of Episode VI
>Anakin Skywalker killed Palpatine, the last sith alive
>Luke Skywalker, the last jedi, is still alive
>survivor count: jedi 1 sith 0

it seems that hthe profecy was true, the chisen one killed the sith for good, elaving at least one jedi alive

Yeah, well, from my point of view old green midgets and weird tentacles on your head is unnatural.

ie every filthy non human Jedi, and the human ones are just color and diversity obsessed dogmatic pricks anyway, from my point of view of course.

then 30 years later another empire led by dark siders appears and attacks the galaxy

>dude it's okay because we're not technically Sith even though we have the same powers and use red lightsabers

we literally see Luke giving the map to R2D2, who then decide to go in sleep mode because reason and to wake up for again reason just in time to give the other peice of the map at the end of the movie
brilliant

...no it's what Lucas said.

this. i find it offensive that i'm not supposed to closely analyze a series of PG films about space wizards. it's heady cinema based on real-life laws and principles, there's only so much disbelief I can suspend.

Sidious got his face burned by his own lightning.
Vader is more machine than man because Kenobi had the high ground.
Darth Maul and Dooku were both dark side users and were perfectly healthy and good looking till they got cut down.

Just bring the Sith back at this point. I'd rather have kino Jedi vs Sith battles than boring Nu-Sith vs Nu-Jedi.

>then 30 years later another empire led by dark siders appears and attacks the galaxy

>and the same dark side leaderis old enought to be alive at the time that VI appened, making all the whole anakin chosen one prophecy invalid

>nobody wins in the end.
>Fuck you, Disney.

that's the point. the "star wars" can go on perpetually so disney can keep milking this franchise, like luke skywalker milking a space walrus.

Maul looks like fucking Satan, dude. Dooku didn't need to wear make up, he already looks like a vampire.

It's not the how, but the why. Lucas made sure every dark sider is some creepy, weird-looking fuck for a reason. Plus, he himself said the dark side was unnatural, and that the chosen one will destroy, so that's that.

im surprised you fuckers are surprised about plot holes or lack of consistency in star wars

>boring Nu-Sith vs Nu-Jedi
if you look closely, we didnt had a single battle like that
>kylo vs rey
she barely known what a jedi is or that they are a real thing
>Lyke vs Kylo
not even a fight but just a retard hologram

Yeah, but the Republic has been around for over 1000 generations, according to Obi-Wan. That's 20,000+ years. They could have set the new movies in any time period, but they chose to ship up the OT just to spite fans.

Leia gets sucked out into the vacuum of space in one scene, but Poe opens a door into outer space with no decompression zone, and nothing happens. Why?

The Force Awakens was just a boring retread, but I didn't find it so noticeably tone deaf and full of worthless plotlines like The Last Jedi was, and that's not even getting into the plot holes and contrivances.

>im surprised you fuckers are surprised about plot holes or lack of consistency in star wars
because with a single movie they managed to make more plot holes than they did in the previous 8 movies
even worse, a single minute of VIII generated dozens of plot holes in all the old movies

they reached the next level of lack of consistency, even Scary Movies are more consistent than this bullshit

>Maul looks like fucking Satan, dude.

That's racist.

>so disney can keep milking this franchise, like luke skywalker milking a space walrus.

This is hilarious and true. That scene is so fitting and descriptive of the state of Star Wars today. Lucas knew what he was doing. Fuck the fans and fuck Youtube.

The prophecy didn't say that he would destroy the sith forever or bring everlasting balance. Some random force-sensitive schmuck can just travel to Korriban (Moraband) and learn the ancient history of the Sith.

>Poe opens a door into outer space with no decompression zone, and nothing happens
i didn'0t catch that when i watched the movie, but now that im thinking...OH MY GOD WTF?!

in light of tlj id like to think anakin was born of remote force sex not virgin birth

That doesn't make you Sith, just Sith fanboy like Kylo.

Yep. These guys all look like saints and angels

>We will never have a kino about this battle

I'm so sad right now

i still cannot laugh at that dildohead lol

>implying they don't look bro tier

Not that they were ever anything more than background characters. The main hero Luke is a white, blue-eyed blonde kid. The villains are body horror genre escapees.

Why are the nu Jedi all humans? Fucking Disney and their Speciesism.

Even if they learn shit like this you don't reach the level of Snoke like this.
Ok he die like a retard but he can fucking force connect people on the entier galaxy

To be Sith you must be:
>knowledgeable about the history of the sith
>understand the Sith Code
>use the Darkside
Looks like that's about it

>old republic lasted 1000 generations
>new republic lasted like 10 years