What was the point of this character? Even Dexter Jettster did more

What was the point of this character? Even Dexter Jettster did more.

They forgot to make an alien character and that was thrown in at the end. Why do SJW writers hate alien characters?

>blue human that is good at commanding fleets

Man, so alien.

DUDE SASSY FEMALE YODA LMAO

I think its because of a push toaards women. I guess focus testing revealed that women arent into alien characters and dont empathize with them.

a desperate attempt to create a memorable new star wars character.

Lupita should have played Rey and Daisy should have been left at whatever Denny's she was working at when they hired her

>What was the point of this character?
Chewbacca is her boyfriend.

I don't think she was that bad. Just pointless and annoying because you could see the abandoned plot lines hanging off her.

because its feminist propaganda now, not a fun scifi/fantasy adventure series anymore

To give the lightsaber to Rey which ended up breaking anyway after Luke didn't want it back.

No, she's worse than she seems at first. She gets worse because the entire failed plan to find the hacker in TLJ happened because she suggested that they go to Canto Bight. That and parking violations, I guess, but when she comes in the movie becomes totally unbearable and unjustifiable.
Why did she have Anakin's fucking lightsaber? It fell into fucking Bespin
How can that camera follow her around when they call her in TLJ? It makes no sense

>It makes no sense
Why do you hate Star Wars?

> muh strong wise old black woman with a shitty epicurian philosophy that patronizes the main characters
Fucking hate this shitty character trope.

because they are natural xenophobes in their subconscious.

I love Star Wars; I love science fiction.

Agreed.

ask JJ Abrams
oh wait
he doesnt know either

This movie didn't need Lupita in it at all
They got the diversity out of the way with Finn
This character serves no purpose, none that makes sense

"Ok, so she know a lot about the force and everything and she even find Anakin lightsaber and keep it for years."
"Ok but how ?"
"Because"

thank you based Jewjew Abrams

You obiously hate both, or you would accept that it's fiction. Things don't have to make sense, in fact, they shouldn't.
People who don't like TLJ obiously don't like StarWars or Sci-Fi, because their complaint is that it doesn't make sense.

1/10

Lupita could be based af if she had been given a role of female force user that is not a Jedi. Some sort of healer or oracle. You could showcase other uses of force, that would fit with "force is female" theme and be non-martial, expand lore and build whole plot around finding her because Finn/Rey got life-threatingly rekt by Kylo and need healing or smth like that.

>get the prettiest black actress on a market rn
>use it for voice-acting for thinly written poor woman's Yoda
I don't know what happens at Disney, but it's bizarre how much they screw up and how many weird decisions they make.

>it doesn’t have to make sense because it’s made up

people say that she's the yoda of these movies, but now that yoda is in these movies, that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. not that it did before.
And I personally don't find her attractive

>be Lupita Nyong'o
>get invited to join the new Star Wars movie
>you'd be a major character in the largest movie franchise of all time
>you'd be the first major black woman character
>you imagine what sort of cool character you'd be
>a noble Jedi? a crafty smuggler? a sadistic sith?
>you finally arrive on set in pinewood studios
>they make you put on a ping-pong ball cgi suit and tell you you're playing an ugly little wrinkled orange yoda rip-off

It seems there wasnt any guideline or treatment for whole trilogy planned so her Yodaness got diluted. Still, she went nowhere as a character, just there to fill aliumz quota and push plot forward.

And I assure you user, many people do find Lupita attractive, myself included. Different strokes for different folks I guess

>"I sense the force is strong in you, rey. Here -- take this lightsaber"
there, now she actually does something. Plz hire me Disney I'm ready