So this is what being triggered truly feels like

So this is what being triggered truly feels like

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/bendis-guardians-galaxy-justice-league-international/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, since PTSD is a real condition and the internet is full of little kids pretending they understand these issues.

I feel for you GotG fans, I can't imagine anyone getting shat on as hard as you guys. Not even Spider-fags.

So, uh, what exactly does this mean? Can somebody spell it out for me, I'm dumb.

>Marvel does DC better than DC
seriously just shut those losers down already

Reading the comments that people responded to this with on Facebook has been just an utter delight, 1 guy out of at least 20 is trying to defend Bendis, everyone else is calling that garbage out for what it truly was

Marvel "we have better writers, because we steal only the best stories"

Good

What?? But Bendis' Guardians was garbage.

Providing link for OP

cbr.com/bendis-guardians-galaxy-justice-league-international/

Also before you all get mad, you should know that the comments section is 100% filled with people who also don't agree with the article.

There is always hope.

JLI was the Bwahahaha Leauge. Lots of comedy and would get serious every so often. Problem is Giffen and Demattis can actually write unlike bendis.

Man. You really need to be beyond bad to make casuals hate the Guardians after the movie became so big.

What's halarious is how most of these comments talk about how he just ignored DnA's work and ruined the roster, maybe the world is getting a little less casual each day?

This

CBR is a comics site, it's not so crazy to think there'd be comic readers there.

X-fags, you dolts!

so is Sup Forums but Sup Forums doesn't read comics

What's an "X-Man"?

X-Fags are masochists.

They still have it worse than Guardians or Spideyfags.

They deserve it tho.

You guys got Rightclops and the AvX edits out of it at least

It's not their fault FOX keeps making shitty movies and Marvel doesn't know what to do with the characters anymore.

Nah, Guardian fags have it worse. At least there is still /some/ respect with the X-Men in the sense that they're still X-Men. The Guardians have been turned into a parody of itself to push memes about how Starlord loves dance offs and old music.

t. Spider-Fag

>xfags
>having it bad

That's bullshit. If one decent run and one bad one is enough to turn you into a triggered blubbering fanboy you must be seriously lacking in perspective. The modern GOTG have only existed for ten years, their situation doesn't at all compare to spiderfags, X-fags, or even Avengerfags.

They keep encouraging them by buying it though

They're abused housewives who don't know any better! It's not their fault! IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!

I meant GotG in general, what's happened to them recently is far worse than shit like the O5 or AvX. The Fox movies are even pretty good.

>I meant GotG in general

That's even more fucking bullshit.

>implying they aren't little sluts who love to be mistreated
They've been asking for it since the 90s

X-men fags. Fuck you guys for forgetting us. That's half the damn problem. NO ONE is more shit on.

It's not your fault.

Why?

This is the stupidest article I have read in a long long time. Glad to see others hate it though.

That's basically it. By the same token, at least you got a modern run. At least they didn't kill off any important characters and call them literally hitler. Then they tried to murder the line with inhuman shit. Inhumans didn't take at all so they continued to cull the IP until we got stuck with the current trash.

To be fair I'm pretty sure a lot of those people haven't read DnA's GotG and they are just parroting just to shit on Bendis' work

The thing is, regardless of DnA's work, Bendis GotG run is still shit.

Sup Forums is a comics and cartoon site with mostly cartoon fags and Sup Forums fags sperging about cape movies/shows.

So yeah, you're right.

You really have no clue how bad x-men is now. Both are shit but x-men is 100% unreadable and it has 8 books to it's name.

Duggan had an AMA on /r/marvel (it's stickied and he still answers questions) and frankly what he has said so far made me want to give him a chance.

At least he knows his Cosmic stuff and if he ignores something then we know he chose to ignore it and it wasn't because of indifference or ignorance.

>memes and dance offs make it worse
>OG characters turning gay and affecting future characters
>jean is back
>scott is dead and also hitler and little scott is trying to make peace, repent because of it
>beast prefers inhumans
>kitty did all the guardians shit
>the entire o5 battle of Atom arc
>o5 existing at all
>tempus fixing everything in will and testemant
Nah nah

Xavier is dead
Logan is dead
Scott is dead
Jean is dead
Hank is the ultimate fuckup
Bobby is a gay race traitor

All they have left is Storm.

good thing nobody ever cared about the original 5

can we just create a sticky support group thread

I feel like a battered housewife.

It's not your fault.

Nobody liked the 05, and Jean dying was the best thing to happen to them in the last 25 years. bobby is barely one step above angel in being the least liked original x-men. The Xfags need to let go of their character faggotry and so the newer mutants can last longer than their creators run on the xbooks.

They used to be so good to me... I.... I just... I can't....

>let go of characters
>the guardians roster isn't right. It's not classic at all.

Right. Sure.

he thinks Black Vault was great. He knows nothing.

>Avengerfags
LOL comic readers don't read Avengers.

it's not even close on the same tier as the N52 version

I meant Black Vortex goddamnit.

nor do they read GOTG

Kieran Shiach has read JLI.

Or doesn't know what a love letter is.

Ok, god fucking damnit. This article is spewing bullshit how Bendis' run took chances on having non-traditional team members like the JLI how it only had Batman. BITCH IT HAD THE ENTIRE MOVIE LINE-UP.

Guess it's been worse for X-fags than I thought. The only stuff with mutants I've really been keeping up with has been the Uncanny Avengers runs and at least those were all mostly decent. Hell, Duggan's run was mostly a Rogue book and I can't remember her being that in character since, I dunno, her solo on Legacy.

There's been a whole period where Scott -after dying to stop the inhuman genocide cloud- is spoken about in hushed tones until the new teen super team calls him hitler, while other characters skirt around it and just compare the two tangentially.
His only sin? Getting killed by Inhumans to save his people. Didn't even want revenge on the inhumans, just wanted to fix the cloud.

WHen he first floated this idea on twitter he quickly said "I didn't mean it was a GOOD one"

Unsurprisingly none of that shade made it into the CBR piece. I think he's right, though: Bendis has a few comics he loves and you can usually peg what he's read and is ripping off.

>tfw you got back into comics with Ultimate Peter and JMS teacher Spidey
>got into X-Men during Morrison run
>the second major cosmic arc you got into was Annihilation right after finishing Sinestro Corps War

Fuck man... all the shit I started with was so great and now it's all just so fucking bad. It hurts.

He's not going to shit talk Black Vortex just like he's not going to shit talk Bendis because Marvel immediately kicks him out.

Ask him again when he's not working with Marvel or in the rare case that the current higher ups are gone and he might give a different answer.

>Also, my comparing of GOTG to JLI isn't an endorsement of the former. It fails to come close to that standard by a wide margin.

But user, think of the peanut cloud and how important it is. I still can't believe Soule thought that was a good argument.

This was without a doubt the dumbest thing. Like if you wanted to make scott evil Especially since you latter showed he was already dead and it was Emma Frost then at least make it so the cloud is reversed and powers up mutants and is poisonous to inhumans. Hell he even points out that he could have had that happen but chose not to. Shit you could then have some duality shit with two opposing clouds circling the earth, and maybe the inhumans would then see why a giant death cloud is a bad idea. Shit if you wanted to get really faggoty you could have the whole problem get solved by the clouds cancelling each other out and harmlessly turning to rain and have some monologue about how coexistence is necessary or shit. I dunno anything is better than literally press a button to end event.
Scott wasn't in the wrong the entire time I followed that event even when he was fucking dead and that event turned me into a Cyclops fan through sympathy just by how unfairly he was treated.

Was Gamora by Starlin any good?

3 movies user. And don't bring that movie shit here. We talking about Bendis.

> bobby is barely one step above angel in being the least liked original x-men
Thats cyclops

But user the Guardians characterizations come from the-
>Bendis also ignores the movies
Ah, yeah, Bendis.

Gamora has never been anything but a serviceable supporting character whether under Starlin Giffen or DNAz That said Starlin's certainly had more development than any other version.

Wasn't Gamora's entire character under Starlin being cockhungry for Adam in a tsundere kind of way?

What the fuck does this title even mean
I read the entire article and still don't understand

The sad part is Bendis does take a lot of inspiration from Giffen and DeMatties' writing styles on JLI.

>Problem is Giffen and Demattis can actually write unlike bendis
So very, very this. JLI was lightning in a bottle. Bendis isn't even Granny's Peach Tea by which I mean warm piss.

>marvel
>f4 erased from comics
>xmen almost wiped out but instead got some shitty comics to keep the fans happy
>gotg ruined by movies
>spider-man is tied to slott for forever

>dc
>batman is everywhere and gets the best writers and artists for his comics
>superman is allowed to grow as a character and has a family
>green lantern has only improved in recent years
>flash is getting a popularity boost from the biggest crossover in years

Why is Marvel so ashamed of their characters while DC treats theirs like royalty?

DC learned their lesson from the new 52, lets hope Marvel learns its lesson after Legacy fails

DC treated nearly their entire line like shit for the majority of the New 52. There have been lots of mulligan's over the past year or so. DC is in a much better place making a lot of the right calls, but they're not exactly without sin.

The lesson seems to be to keep Lee and Didio away from major creative decisions in the main universe.

>Wonder Woman is still barely used despite having a movie coming out soon
>the Justice League has more bad/average runs than good
>the Suicide Squad only made sporadic appearances before the New 52 and since then hasn't been as good as it was in the 80's
>Captain Marvel gets shit on every chance they get, Trials of Shazam being their worst offender
OK.

It's weird. I prefer DC, but I hate seeing Marvel shitting their pants. Young Animal and Hanna Barbara have been great as well. Let's hope Dark Matter works out.

I do want to see Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter coming back soon.

>gotg ruined by movies
The movies didn't make Bendis put Venom, the Thing, and Kitty fucking Pryde on the Guardians.

Also it's because Marvel's editorial and writers are mostly man children and no one is keeping anyone in check, so you get stupid shit like Civil War II, and all of Slott's run, and then you also get petty shit like the fantastic four being written out because they don't have the movie rights.

Even with DC forcing resets and not allowing couples to get together they knew who their best characters were and basically spoiled them and even whored them out.

That's the baffling thing. Marvel is denying readers of popular characters that actually sell and allowing mediocrity to stay long term on their best character, that being Slott on ASM.

Batman comics sell well even if they aren't Batman or Detective Comics. Meanwhile a Spider-man title other than ASM can't stay alive for longer than a year without hitting cancellation range.

Marvel uses events and #1s to take the top spots of sales because the majority of their usual comics can't stay up there for long. The only exceptions are ASM, Avengers, and one of the X-books. And it's such an easy to fix problem. They need to give their best franchises the best writers and artists and give them time to tell their stories.

It's so frustrating because I want to enjoy more Marvel comics.

>Bendis isn't even Granny's Peach Tea by which I mean warm piss.

Also Dogfucker was the one riding the OOGA CHAKA dick. Bendis didn't even give a shit about the movie characterization, his characters are all one liner quipping machines no matter what.

>Marvel is denying readers of popular characters that actually sell and allowing mediocrity to stay long term on their best character, that being Slott on ASM.
ASM sold a lot less until after Superior. It's selling as high as it is because of Slott.

>Wonder Woman is still barely used despite having a movie coming out soon
I thought she was good? She's getting bi-weekly right? I'm Reading it through trades to save a few bucks.

Justice League being bad, I actually don't mind too much. Not a big fan of big team books.

Captain Marvel though :-/

Although I think DC is killing it right now, you are right, they could still improve.

Bendis ignored characterization to such a degree that the film was the closest to what Bendis was writing.

I still wonder if Hopeless had any other directives to hew closer to the film than Bendis was told from higher up. Hopeless was a new writer, not a "top seller."

Heck, remember how Bendis and McNiven redesigned the team to be cool movie versions and their designs got ignored by Gunn? Good times.

>Bendis completely butchers team built by Giffen
>Compares Bendis' run to Giffen's JLI run
Wow. Way to add insult to injury.

He's saying that Wonder Woman isn't showing up in a ton of other books which is... so?

Or that they're not planning an event around her, which is probably for the best, since that never goes well.

Either way, it's a stupid complaint.

I remember Bendis stole shit from early GotG drafts as the Badoon (before Gunn being told they are with Fox) being the evil army.

I prefer Marvel, but the way things have been going with them, especially with their inability to even own up to their low sales, I've been really wanting to get into DC.

Earth 2 Society and Green Lanterns are fun reads, so thanks for shitting the bed so hard, Marvel.

That's the thing. They learned. Convergeance and DCYou was a failure and they turned things around as soon as they could. Marvel has been having these issues for years and only making it worse. Even their "rebirth" is half assed and they seem to be unable to understand why everyone is complaining.

>wonder woman has (had) rucka and top quality art and she's in trinity and jl
>justice league is better now
>suicide squad has a solid run and a nice little mini event with the jl that took only a couple months to happen
>captain marvel has to wait because rebirth is slowly bringing in characters, it sucks but they aren't greenlighting a lot of new ongoings right now

A lot of your points are mostly personal complaints and impatience.

DC is taking their time, they want to focus on the heavy hitters and get around to the smaller titles later.

Current GotG has movie synergy plastered all over it. Even the Duggan run has the movie line up and designs.

Marty Manhunter feels like he's being saved for a larger role in the rebirth story. Dr Fate as well. They're two very obvious omissions so far.

Marvin the martian has a crossover with him comic up so could mean he starts to get some play again.

But nothing about Young Animal has been good.

>Marty Manhunter feels like he's being saved for a larger role in the rebirth story.

Kind of hope he's cobb and ms martian is katty from the superman story.

>That's the thing. They learned. Convergeance and DCYou was a failure and they turned things around as soon as they could. Marvel has been having these issues for years and only making it worse. Even their "rebirth" is half assed and they seem to be unable to understand why everyone is complaining.

They were in trouble for a long time. The New 52 hit pre52 numbers in, what, a year? And they kept at it for 2 or 3 more years before trying DCYou.

>Current GotG has movie synergy plastered all over it. Even the Duggan run has the movie line up and designs.

I think it's the movie cast because they're the cast Bendis left off with. Also they're not using the same designs for anybody. Maybe Rocket?

I've been away for a while, is YA just a watered down version of Vertigo?

But it was selling like shit before Superior BECAUSE of Slott! All he did was crank up the controversy and piss people off to get added publicity.

A better writer could make Superior sales without having to "kill" Peter and making everyone stupid in order to do so. Spiderverse and Clone Conspiracy is just further proof he can't write a competent story.

>Even the Duggan run has the movie line up and designs.
Duggan said he's changing the team after the first arc though.

I'm really hoping the hints of the real original League and his total non presence combined can mean he'll come back in a big way and reclaim his rightful place at the League's heart, and his place in their history.

Kind of yeah. YA is original Vertigo. DC Universe titles that are kind of dark. Like how Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Hellrazer, and Sandman were part of the DC cosmology but rarely intersected.

Vertigo now seems to just be a very few creator owned non connected projects.

60,000 was about where it's been since OMD.

Wasn't it at a steady 80 to 100k before OMD?

New 52 sales were strong in the beginning but went back to pre-Flashpoint sales numbers a couple years into it. Convergence and DCYou were when sales really tanked.

Starlord, Drax, and Baby Groot as well. The group dismantled and reassembled after CW2 while the characters were stuck on Earth. We can wait and see if there are any changes coming up but Bendis isn't the only one that has written GotG. Oh god the movie synergy was so bad after the first movie came out.