Holy shit

Holy shit
I finally finished Twin Peaks and just watched Fire Walk With Me without knowing anything but that it got booed at Cannes
Fucking why? This was probably one of the most intense and horrifying movies I've ever seen, I wanted to give the main actress a hug by the end of it
Fire Walk With Me thread?

Did no one on Sup Forums like it?

Shoulda made it a Dougie Jones thread OP. Then everyone would have come.

Of course we liked it, Twin Peaks is kino

FWWM's one of my favorite films, public opinion's really turned around positively since its release

People at Cannes are monkeys.

I haven’t watched the new season yet, I’m going in order

I dunno Lloyd, the french are assholes

it's kino

>we
while I agree with you, I still feel like you're a cunt for speaking for everyone

People are bored of talking about Twin Peaks.

It's gud.

Probabvly the same type that gives critic reviews on RT.

Only said it because I know I'm not the only one who liked it, given the past few comfy threads. Sorry I guess.

Get to it user.

My guess is they weren't expecting such a Lynching.

It’s pure kino and Sheryl Lee proved herself as an amazing actress. As for the bad reception at release, Twin Peaks was already on thin ice and normies were pissed it wasn’t about Cooper and resolving the cliffhanger. That said, Lynch made the superior choice because it’s the best part of the series. Seeing how horrifying life in Twin Peaks was for Laura after two seasons of seeing it be pure comfy was an amazing inversion of the show.

>Sheryl Lee proved herself as an amazing actress
I still have trouble with the fact that her career never really took off; she's a fucking great actress with an world class set of pipes.

Not gonna lie, it's going to be a rough ride, user.

Probably one of the best performances ever....sheryl lee.

And one of my favorite films.

Best lynch film.

Sadly I think the failure of FWWM tanked her prospects, but it’s still worth checking out some of her other work like Homage, Backbeat, or Mother Nighy if you like her. John Carpenter’s Vampires is pretty fun too [/spoiler]and she shows off her cute little ass[/spoiler]

This.

Sheryl Lee deserved an Oscar and the movie was utterly phenomenal. Not even contrarians try to defame it.

Even just as a person she sounds like pure kino, like she really got Laura Palmer and what Lynch was going for. I don't think anyone else on the planet could have made Laura Palmer work as well as she did. Just reading this entry from her diary gives me goosebumps.

>One of Lee’s diary entries from the early ’90s, just after filming Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me:

>Where do I begin? It has been a little over a month since we stopped filming. In a way, it seems like years and in another, only yesterday. As I sit down now to write this, so many emotions arise. The gift and the experience that you gave me are beyond expression of words. I am aware that your death also allowed an old part of myself to finally die… a very self-destructive part. Through you, I came face-to-face with my own dark side. I feel as if I have lived a whole lifetime in those two short months of filming. I will never forget how, the week after we finished, I suddenly became aware that my thoughts were my own again. My mind and my life had been completely occupied by you. You came to me morning, noon, and night—especially night. That was your time, the darkness of midnight. You continually wove your spirit into my dream world, revealing bits and pieces of yourself, myself, and our fears and struggles. The thing I remember most about you, though, Laura, is your loneliness. That loneliness haunted me. Walking back into my empty hotel room by myself each day, left to deal with the fragmented pieces of my own life, your loneliness would still fill my room. My prayer is that you are now someplace where you are truly loved and at peaceful rest.

>Much love and gratitude,

>Me

FWWM is fantastic and I can see why a bunch of fans starved of coffee and pie would boo such a film. Their juvenile reaction to it goes to show that they never truly appreciated the things Lynch was trying to give them.

As a film, I think the right decision was made in trimming out a substantial amount of scenes in order to focus on the lonely and depressing final days of Laura. But as a collection of nearly four hours of new Twin Peaks, the whole package, deleted scenes included, also works great as reference material to look back on while trying to piece together the mysteries of the series.

I get an unsettling sensation of dread in my stomach even thinking about this film. Such an utter nightmare.

I wish Lynch kept the extra scenes with Laura and Leland, I don't care if it made the movie three hours. Shit like the fan scene and the Norwegian dinner scene are amazing and do so much for the film's atmosphere

Agreed. There are a few odd omissions like those you mentioned that would only add to the mood they were going for. Wouldn't add much to the run time either.

An official director's cut of some kind would be cool to have. In the special features, David actually comments on the film's length in reference to home-viewing becoming more popular; essentially saying that a film made for such a format would have an easier time ignoring any run time limits.

Being Laura is suffering

seeing how upset she was after filming that screaming made me feel bad, I can only imagine how hard it must have been to film all of FWWM

Because lynch is a hack

Saddest part of the movie :(