High Priestess comes out of nowhere

>High Priestess comes out of nowhere

What a Rush job.

They should have done something interesting like Ashi returns to the cult, claiming her mission is done. She carries Jack, pretending he's dead. They fight the cult, and Ashi takes her mom. During the fight there's a big reveal of the cult's backstory. Why did she hate Jack and why did they worship Aku?

You know... something interesting. Instead of just. "remember her? Well she's here now so she can die and tie up a lose end. Don't bother trying to figure out who she was, she was just a random bitch".

>"omg why didn't they write it the way I would've written it??"

>Genndy can do no wrong

>she was just a random bitch
That's exactly what she was from the very beginning.

I'm glad you don't work as story writer.

>Just a random bitch
That's exactly what happened to jack when Ashi was introduced

But is she really dead?

Whose not to say we might not get a flashback or the priestess comes back again?

>character who is the driving force of the season has no fucking backstory or motivation

the cult didnt need a backstory. their backstory was that they're a bunch of no-name aku worshipers, who like many that came before them, were defeated by the samurai. but it was necessary to tie up ashi's arc before moving towards the final act of the season

She worships Aku. Not much else needs to be said.

>backstory
She's an Aku worshipper
>motivation
She wants Jack dead to earn Aku's favor

What more do you need? This is Samurai Jack, a show where most characters don't even get real names.

Why does she worship him? Is this a cult she made or is it part of a wider cult? Who's the father? There's so many questions.

>This is Samurai Jack, a show where most characters don't even get real names.

What bugged me is she was shown to possibly be better at fighting than ashi(we didn't see enough to gauge, because she was distracted with killing jack), so why go through all the trouble of training daughters as assassins and not even leading them? And why not just go after him yourself?
If the reason is simply just so Ashi could be introduced I'll get over it because I like Ashi so much.

okay, then what episode is cut to make room for this?
episode 4? then people complain about ashi switching sides for no reason
episode 6? no conclusion to the seppuku ghost, and jack still thinks there is no hope left
maybe you could combine the important parts of two episode but then things would be even more rushed
pretty much everyone agrees there should be more than 10 episodes

In the second to last episode it's revealed that Aku is literally the father of the Daughters of Aku. They are alive through his regenerative powers and come to aid him in the final battle. Because of Ashi's connection to Aku he's able to control her with his powers. In the end Jack faces a moral dilemma in killing Aku because Ashi's life will be on the line.
Screencap this.

>okay, then what episode is cut to make room for this?

Remove the entirety of the Lizardguy army. They added nothing and it wasn't even a proper challenge. That's a few minutes in this ep alone.

Scaramouch's survival ate up half an episode, but it seems to have gone nowhere. There was a point since jack lacked the sword and him warning Aku could be a deal.

There's tons of shit that should be cut and streamlined and actual worthwhile shit should be added in.

answers to which you'll never know

think about all the shit you see throughout the series

the ruins, the remnants of massive armies, ancient temples with esoteric burial rites

we don't know the history of any of that shit, even though it looks cool as fuck

btw, how much time psased anyways? It could easily be 100,000 years in the future. Though I'd guess 500-1000 years.

Let's be serious, here, the reunion part of episode 6 wasn't THAT necessary. It was just fanservice.

Could've been a billion ways to establish Ashi understanding Jack's influence on the world.

Also, they didn't need to bring back Scaramouch either, but they correctly anticipated he would be a fan favorite

I think the most important thing about this entire episode is that the High Priestess had a sweet ass.

>Remove the entirety of the Lizardguy army

This. I can't for the life of me establish what purpose that scene served.

To establish Ashi as a badass? We already know that by now.

To show how solidly she's on Jack's side now? That she's willing to fight her own mother for him does a far better job of that than her beating up some pointless filler mooks.

To create that cool scene-cut juxtaposition? You can do that just as effectively by having a longer, more intense battle with her mother.

Just to have a fun and exciting action scene? It was neither. It was boring because Ashi just effortlessly steamrolls them without using any clever strategy or cool moves, and there was no tension because any idea of the lizardmen being an actual threat lost all credibility in the first five seconds of the fight.

The only possible reason I can think of for the scene's existence was just the network wanting to pander to le stronk womyn tumblr crowd to score some extra views.

She kept that figure after SEVEN CHILDREN.

>how much time passed

aku flung him far into the future, where his evil is law

The purpose is Genndy likes making scenes with giant armies being annihilated en masse by a single entitiy. He's done it plenty of times in this show, and in clone wars.

I think it was Genny being insecure about fans accepting Ashi, so he over compensated by making her do some new bad ass thing.

Instead of the now pointless Scaramouch scenes, we saw the Priestess growing impatient. She and her scouts go out to find out what happened to the girls. They find their bodies. They start tracking Jack. Then in this ep they find them. High Priestess + a few guards vs Ashi.

Lizardmen added nothing. We don't even know WHO they were. We can PRESUME that the High Priestess hired them. But as presented, these two groups of peple randomly set out to attack Jack on the mountain at the same time.

exactly, these guys need to stop being so selfish and let genddy have his fun before he has to go back to making hotel transylvania 3
we all know that there is going to be atleast one more giant army of minions, jack will get his clothes sliced off, and aku will fly away as he shouts FOOLISH SAMURAI

He should team up with Koei Tecmo

>and aku will fly away as he shouts FOOLISH SAMURAI

Oh fuck off. If there's no permanent resolution by the end of this and it goes back to status quo I will yell at the god damn screen and never watch anything else Genny makes ever. We waited 14 years just so Genny could jerk us around?

Nah man its gonna be amazing just you wait.

>Don't bother trying to figure out who she was

Wanna know how I know you're autistic OP?

Matriarchy and she needed an ambush while Jack was meditating to land a killing blow

This is the only way I can accept the idea that Aku is literally the father

>There's so many questions.

Literally none of those question are important or would add anything to the story. I'm glad you're not a writer. You would be one of those cunts who drones on for pages about tapestries

>it's an "user thinks he can write" episode

It's going to end. Don't worry

>Don't bother trying to figure out who she was, she was just a random bitc

That was literally the point. She was just some random bitch that decided to worship Aku and started a cult. She wasn't important to anyone.

Everything she did was meaningless and so was her death. The only good she ever did in the world was make Ashi, and that didn't turn out how she wanted either.

sorry for being unclear. when i said "why not just go after him yourself", I meant before training all the daughters. And after having the daughters, why not lead them in battle.

>OP thinks the mother is dead

Top kek mate. Jack will defeat Aku, Ashi will call out to him after seeing his victory and jack will turn to see BestMom stab Ashi through the gut. I'm calling it now

>NAKED
>THE
>WHOLE
>TIME

Thank god, Ashi's death will be the best thing to happen.

no more shipping garabge

If we're now writing our own versions of what we think should have happened I'm in.
I would have started the episode normally, until the moment Jack and Ashi reach the mountain on the bird. I'd show an ominous show of the back of the High Priestess and some of her cultists watching them land.
The episode proceeds as usual but instead of the army of orcks Ashi sees her mother and her last remaining cult members approaching running towards the mountain and climbing.
Ashi has some PTDS flashbacks to her bring up that leaves her paralyzed for a moment, but one look at Jack fills her with determination and she gets ready for battle. Mother and the cultists reach the top of the mountain and find Ashi. Mother tries the same speech to get Ahsi on her side but she ain't having nothing of it and the fight starts. Ashi has to balance out fighting the cult members, who are cannon fodder and her mum all while protecting Jack. Jack stays on his spiritual journey as the original went.
Finally it comes down to a confrontation between Ashi and the High Priestess that ends with the mother dead in a similar manner to the episode. Ashi collapses and then the episode follows its course as it did before.

I know, pretty autistic but that's my ideal version of the episode. I still like the canon one, though, and had a lot of fun with it.

By the time she gets killed the ship will have already sailed, user. It will stop, but it will have started nonetheless.

That's a nice observation, user.

yeah, just cut the orc battle and extend the priestess fight, a lot of people have suggested that
anyone who wants to cut the tea part is a reddit fuckboi

>What a Rush job
Yes, because in the past Jack's enemies had so much setup and several episodes to establish them.

Oh wait...

Let's be honest; this season has had the villains with the most anticipation put into them. They are however dealt with with less urgency because, unlike in previous seasons in which Jack had to defeat the bad guy and move on, this season is much more character driven than before and the fighting is more of an after thought than it is the focus. I believe that's why some people think the pay off of these villains is disappointing. The real enemy here is Aku and Jack's own dementia.

you guys think jack is sacrifice him self in order to defeat akku leaving ashi alone?

There will be no ship.
There is no romance
There is no relationship

going to*

I am 45% sure Jack will be dead by the end of the season.

akku is a big archenemi

You sound awfully of sure of yourself by the way you say that user.

Jeez, Ashi is just a bunch of characters of Tara's composited.

All she really needs is broken tier magic powers.

I am.
I know I'm 100% correct. This is a fact.
Genndy isn't going to hamfist a romance this late into the show, next episode, the one that is suppose to "confirm" this will just prove what we already know.

Episode 9 has her shooting lasers out of her butt

>I know I'm 100% correct. This is a fact.
More like supposition. It'll be a fact once it does or doesn't happen. To me it just seems you're building mental barriers to deny a very real possibility that you dislike.

>supposition
There's more evidence of it NOT happening of it actually happening. The fact there has been actually no implications of it, is proof enough. Where's your proof?

Oh right, headcanon.

Could be that at the end it would cut to both of them together with a baby

Leaving a whole lot of questions that don't need to be answered.

as a massive jashifag, I have resigned myself to the fact that if it doesn't go anywhere concrete in episode 8(and I believe it will based on the episode description), it won't happen period. Can you chill with the negativity and superiority until then?

>lizardguy

They're ORKS ya git

Hey man, I don't support nor oppose Jashi. I'd be okay with either outcome for them because I think their relationship has been ambiguous enough so far to make any variations (paternal, tutelage, romantic) plausible.

Holy fuck, that'd be glorious.
>No Jashi
>Smugness all around Sup Forums
>Final episode
>Last 2 minutes show a pregnant Ashi and Jack as the father watching over their kingdom

The butthurt would be heard across the entire solar system and felt three galaxies afar.

Genndy would do something like that wouldn't he?
Holy shit the salt would be legendary.
I might undelete my Jashi folder if that happens

>Ashi spends the rest of her life trying to get back to the past and save jack

>user not getting what he wants equates to someone else doing something wrong

Could you be more of a faggot?

If you are serious about all those questions, then you probably didn't even watch the older seasons, you newfag

EZ.
She had a thing with Jack going years ago, but he ditched her, because she is insufferable.
Being the woman that she is, he is the one to blame of course, and everything he believes in is wrong and everything he hates is right.
She would sic robots after him, but since she's a woman, she can only manipulate and give birth.
So she manipulates a cult into doing her bidding.
Then she uses his semen, which she preserved, because stalkers are funny that way, to sire the children and manipulates his children to kill him because that would be super ironic.
Nothing scarier than a woman scorned going full feminazi on you.

Somehow, I just knew some user was gonna rub one to this frame.

>Ashi goes around the world in a desperate attempt to restore Jack's core medal

This. Holy fuck a lot of that stuff does NOT need to be extrapolated on. user does not know how to tell a cohesive and thinks he can boss other creators into giving him what HE wants. News at 11

>wanting to turn something with beautiful simplicity into starwars tier unnecessary lore bullshit

You kill art.

But I wanna know how Han Solo got his boots.

say what you want about Ashi taking on an entire army, but this scene was pure kino

Very cool.

>all these fags getting mad at this post because they don't understand a decent motivation is an important of making a character interesting
Actually nah, it's cool she's some random that worships Aku "just because" and her incredible hatred of Jack doesn't need to be justified in any way. Who wants interesting stuff like that when we can have a cartoon full of evil wooden posts?

I'm so glad idiots like you aren't in charge of writing.

>show replies on simplicity and imagery to create a tone and consistent aesthetic
>demanding the exact opposite

I am unconvinced. I need to have a taste to verify.

>replies

That was meant to say "relies". I'm so sorry.

Nth they should have ditch the Orc army and had the entire fight scene just be Ashi and her mum

This season is much more narrative-driven that the previous ones, and because of that we get recurring characters popping up every other episode as required by the story. Despite this they remain as shallow as one-off characters and it's jarring.

So, what are the chances she survived? Doesn't look like an insta-kill hit to me, seems to be below the heart.

It was presented as a final blow, but maybe just to fool us?

>She carries Jack, pretending he's dead. They fight the cult, and Ashi takes her mom.
Why would Jack care about hunting down the cult in the first place?

You've been conditioned by bad art to need blunt exposition for every character you become familiar with. This is on you, not the work.

no, the show is barebones and unsatisfactory. Maybe you're just too easily satisfied.

It's not great, but your alternative would be worse. But you're still a mouth-breather in terms of enjoying media.

>season finale
>jack as a kid playing in the rice fields chasing a bug
>chases it near a ledge
>a very large rock falls off the ledge and hits him in the head
>picture related appears flying across screen and waves its hands
>it was all just a comatose dream

screenshot this

>But you're still a mouth-breather in terms of enjoying media.
He said while watching children's cartoons. Oh wait, my bad, it's not a children's cartoon when a character says "he looked like a penis".

Can confirm. Here's a leaked gif from the finale.

Clearly a show meant to age with the viewer. Although I didn't watch much after season 2 because it was consistently bad. No amount of pointing out bad writing can change that. That said, children's cartoons are an art form too. Either way, there's an entire series for people like you who need every single minute detail explained to them.

handwaving away bad storytelling as "art", alright whatever m8.

You sure did a good job of pointing out one bad line. Do you want a pat on the back? Are the (You)'s doing it for you?

This is Samurai Jack, not Gravity Falls or some shit.
Not every little thing needs a huge backstory

>one bad line

>greentext implying more examples without explicitly stating them

So it is the (You)'s

>strawmanning my argument
I think you're after the you's, not me.