Just getting back into marvel, really enjoyed his run on daredevil and liking alias so far. Why all the memes?

Just getting back into marvel, really enjoyed his run on daredevil and liking alias so far. Why all the memes?

Memes... of Bendis? Brian Michael Bendis? THAT Bendis???

Bendis wrote some good street level books (read Ultimate Spider-Man if you haven't).

Then he got popular, they put him on Avengers and started going downhill.

Now even his street level stuff sucks

He climbed his way up, went the distance, crossed the line, completed the challenge and had nowhere else to go but down down down down.

>Just getting back into marvel, really enjoyed his run on daredevil and liking alias so far. Why all the memes?

He got worse than you can possibly imagine.

>If you buy my books they shall become worse than you could possibly imagine!

Because bendis doesn't give fuck about continuity
.Look most work and others peoples work he latterly fuck over who story write his own like what happen in ultimate's run by al ewing the civil war 2 ending

1. Keeps pushing his OCs and shitting over originals.
2. Couldn't care less about continuity.
3. Writes dialogue for everyone with those repetitions we make fun of. While some say "it makes characters sound more realistic", the fact is it only really works for quirky teenagers and people interacting with them, like in USM. There's no point in having grown men and women talk like that.
4. Incredible and unfortunately increasing spread of the practice described in 3. He's aware of it, and he knows about the memes. Doesn't give a fuck.

Pic related is unedited example of what I was saying.

>Legos?
>Legos

And this is what I mean when I say not every character at every given time, regardless of how serious the situation, should sound like this

I can tell this is a thread started by a marvel fan who already knows why and just wanted a new Bendis threaed

You forgot the following big things:

1. Breaks/scorch earth characters for no good reason, killing them dead or rendering them irreversibly radioactive because he doesn't like them. Most of the time simply because he can, though a good chunk of this is linked to the fact that he was forever butthurt over the fact that he was forbidden from killing Scott Lang in Alias (Scott Lang was being heavily featured in Avengers under Geoff Johns, who refused to fucking let Bendis derail his big plotline for Scott).

2. Stealing characters from other writers simply because he can (see Thunderbolts, Ares, Marvel Boy, Sentry, Norman Osborn) and fucking them up beyond repair. It got so fucking bad that DnA basically threatened to ragequit Marvel/create a huge fucking scene to shame Marvel, when he tried to steal Thanos from them (meaning they would be unable to do their swan song for their run on Marvel Cosmos), which led to Marvel in turn having to institute the "Bendis Rule" which says Bendis gets first crack at ANY character/storyline that Marvel plans to give high priority to, other writers be damned

Was the Thanos thing ever confirmed for real?

I keep hearing Mephisto was supposed to be Norman's secret weapon, not Thanos and that Bendis got vetoed because he intended to reveal that Mephisto cut a similar OMD/reality warping deal with Norman, to explain away the many plotholes regarding how Norman managed to get a government position of power over super-heroes given his history of super-villainy and murder.....

Who knows.

What we do know is that there was a moratorium on Thanos coming back after Thanos Initiative and Siege was mandated by Disney, who wanted Dark Reign ended/Heroic Age to christen their buying Marvel.

Alias being good IS a meme though. It's fucking garbage.

He went from being one of my favorite writers to being on my black list along with Jeph Loeb and Rob Liefeld.

He got lazy and comfortable. For the last decade, he's been riding the coat tales of previous successes. He's figured out that he doesn't have to try anymore.

Put like that makes me realize what garbage I just read.

For some reason Marvel thought, "this guy's pretty okay at gritty/teenage street levelers, lets put him on mid-serious team books like X-Men and GoTG", ultimately he comes out of his comfort zone way too often, and he an or Marvel are too damn dumb to realize where he works.

Besides seeing people shitpost about black spiderman I really don't know anything. I was looking up newer trades and omnibus to buy on youtube and saw a lot of bendis books recommended.

That is actually pretty gross.

His answer about "bad ass knock down thanos missiles" is pretty obviously just sarcastically pointing out how dumb is is to whine about realism in cape comics and while I understand that this is kind of a "fuck you" to serious fans I don't really care about continuity either

Other than Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil and Alias what else is Sup Forums approved?

Alias is fucking shit, get it through your thick ass head.

Don't waste any time reading his stuff man.
Ultimate Spider-Man (up until Miles shows up, then follow by reading Spider-Men because even if he's still shilling Miles, it's confy as fuck) and his Daredevil run are all you need.

I hadn't refreshed the page to see your earlier post before I replied. I'm not finished yet but it's alright. What do you think is so bad?

>liking alias so far.

You have bad taste.

>obnoxious main character
>juvenile shit like seeing the main character take a shit, masturbate and take it up the ass
>failed attempts at being original and meta with the main villain
>atrocious dialogue (see )
>horrendous art (nothing to do with Bendis, but worth mentioning)
>more classical Bendisisms like shitting on less popular characters he doesn't like, such as Scott Lang
I could go on all day with this shit.

>nothing to do with Bendis, but worth mentioning
The awful art only helps make his obnoxious dialogue stand out even more. Maybe good art can cover it up, but the repeating panels and shit only serve to unmask the fact that it's Bendis at his most Bendis.

The number of times pages or two page spreads just have 4 of the same panel over again... Gaydos honestly didn't deserve a fucking paycheck. He did the triple spaced last minute book report equivalent of art.

Bendis is one of those writers who CAN write good stuff, and just doesn't a lot of the time. The problem is he's really good at writing a specific type of book (street level, lots of character drama, etc.) and for a long time he's been writing completely the opposite types of books and he's just really not good at it.

I've heard Powers is good, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, can anyone confirm?