I can't keep lying to myself bros. Bright was a fucking fantastic movie

I can't keep lying to myself bros. Bright was a fucking fantastic movie

Get off the internet, Max, or I'll tell your dad to have a fucking helicopter fly into your house.

Fuck you, I liked it.

it was fun, you RTshills need to go back to your SW and Capeshit threads.

capeshitter that listens to (((critics))) detected. This is a raunchy R rated fun flick that the audience loves

Landis doesn't actually like it. Apparently they changed the script a bunch from his original

How OUT OF TOUCH are critics ? This RAUNCHY little flick was #LITY

I like it so much I'm going to watch it twice baby hahaaaaa fuck the critics I'm so glad it turned out good

It really dragged, that and it probably would have been better as a 2 part pilot for a series. That being said, I do want to see more of this world. Interesting setting with much potential.

>hates Max "Can't" Landis
>hurrr must love capeshit hurrr

>A Netflix film

>le hate landis meme
Fuck off

Oh wow that's absolutely unprecedented. I can't remember one other single time in the history of film making that a screenplay was changed by the director.
Fuck Max Landis, he's mentally ill and will do something very weird and very horrible that can't be covered up one day.
That said, I plan to watch Bright tonight and form my own opinion about the film, because unlike most of Sup Forums I can distinguish between real life and make believe very easily.

Sorry, you fucking soyboy fag. Sup Forums has hated this flamboyant cunt for years. Just because some summertourist like you with your low test likes his puerile "let's mash GENRES!" shit, doesn't make him good. Ever. Now go back to bed, you fucking fairy.

Keep crying

Who's /raunchy/ here?

>It's another Sup Forums is so edgy and contrarian episode.
This board is so fucking predictable I swear.

yeah this desu. similar to some straight-to-DVD shit

I'm watching it right now and fucking hell, is Smith ever not funny? And Jakoby or however the hell you spell it, is really endearing. Granted I'm only 15min in but it's pretty alright so far.

I thought it was a tv series...

edgy teens and full grown adults posing as teens hating everything including themselves

It gets even better. Stay litty

Gonna watch it tomorrow. Drunk as fuck.

Yeah I was kinda surprised when I found out it was a movie instead of a series.

better than any marvel movie except Iron Man I
better than any star wars since ROTS

this

Bright is /ourmovie/

Max, go to bed. You're still a failure. You'll ALWAYS be a failure.

The redditor that roleplays talking directly to a celebrity on Sup Forums. Yasss queen slayyyy

get a load of this tourist

>most generic soundtrack I've ever heard
>orc cop is an annoying piece of shit
>orcs in general are complete assholes
>extremely lazy parallel between blacks and orcs
>banter falls completely flat
>predictable plot with all the standard chosen one stuff, jesus metaphor
what a piece of shit, only positive aspect was qt elf

>>orcs in general are complete assholes
>>extremely lazy parallel between blacks and orcs
>he didn't understand the movie

Movies produced by streaming services>movies produced by traditional studios

sorry max, I guess it was 2deep4me

Wow I didn't expect such low ratings after watching it. I thought it was a very fun and enjoyable movie with a nice concept. Besides wanting to see more elf district stuff I thought it was really good.

It was okay, I thought the final could've been done better, it felt like they did rewrites for the last third of the movie

I liked it

I agree, this movie was pretty good. Critics need to fuck off/ After they gave TLJ positive reviews and basically giving it a bj, they have no right to be acting like they should tell us we are the ones we don't know shit about good films.

It wasn't a bad movie but it didn't really utilize the fantasy aspect well. It didn't feel like a realized world.You can replace all the fantasy races in this movie with regular people and the movie wouldn't change that much. There really wasn't any point in having the fantasy races there. This movie was like if someone with a very juvenile mind thought hey wouldn't it be cool if we put fantasy races in the modern world? It needed a better writer and director.

>start kino
>Netflix logo
>trigger warning productions
>will Smith is on the screen
>beating the everloving shit out of a fairy
>FAIRY LIVES DONT MATTER
realize this is a metaphor for the gay community today
>start thinking
>turn movie off because Iā€™m thinking so hard
Woah

It was entertaining, i'd happily watch a whole series of that.

>orc cop is an annoying piece of shit

Soyboy detected

I give it a 6/10. It had good action, characters that made sense, but as I expected the plot was just bland and some of the dialogue was terrible. Also if Wands were so important and dangerous there should have been tracking devices put into them. Would have made it a lot easier for the elves/feds to recover.

So much wasted potential. Jokes weren't funny. Action was okay, but the plot was ridicilous. Characters were underwritten and unlikeable.

Reminds me of the Joe Dirt 2 Crackle release

wut
the orc cop was a complete soyboy by your definition

Bright cost $90 million. Hardly anything to sneeze at.

for comparison, Beasts of No Nation cost 6 million

It wasn't released in theaters and isn't so me art house shit so of course reviewers will shit on it. They are literally trained yo do it by the current system.

Bright was much better though. Money well spent I say.

This. Pretty good movie. Guess I have to stop reading "professional" critics.

It was actually pretty good. the critics hated it but it wasn't a pro gay, anti white, bullshit art movie. it was straight up don't give a fuck good. actually go see it.

OFFICIAL NETFLIX ORIGINAL MOVIES RANKING:

1. Okja
2. The Meyerowitz Stories: New & Revisited
3. Bright
4. Beasts of No Nation
5. I Don't Feel At Home in This World Anymore

9000. War Machine
9001. Death Note

It was interesting world, but the plot was generic shit. They tried to do too many things at the same time, and the movie was all over the place. They could've done so much more with it.

So are orcs supposed to represent black people or what?

Beasts of No Nation was very good tho.

Lol no it wasn't. Edgy concept to instantly grab viewers, with absolutely nothing to keep it interesting. All but two of the characters are flat and worthless.

>with absolutely nothing to keep it interesting

Bright had the same problem.

Death Note has better critic RT score than Bright

Really makes you think.

I think these Reviewers are being paid to trash the movie because it's a Netflix flick hurting big boy Hollywood.

Bright had a highly effective high-concept environment that you could keep pumping out sequels for (Bright 2 is already greenlit).

that's the point, why not take the 90m they put into this turd, and spend it on a bunch of small, interesting indie films with the potential of awards recognition and critical acclaim

Get back on the meds, Maxxy boy

death note is a good film.
of course manga and anime fags think their source material is the ultimate masterpiece.

Replies: 64
Posters: 34

Fuck off max you ugly loser

if it was a series, and stayed as good as the movie was, like how DARK was good all the way through, we would have a decent shadowrun game besides the remake of the SNES game, and that godawful xbox360 game.

>Bright
>turd
absolutely untrue.

>Why are people discussing something I don't like!! Dx
Spicy.

But they didn't exploit that environment at all. The just made us watch generic copmovie with couple elf's and some retarded magic wand. Take the orc's and elf's out of the picture, and you have shitty copmovie that we have seen hundred times.

>Take the orc's and elf's out of the picture, and you have shitty copmovie that we have seen hundred times.
Wait, so you mean if we changed the movie, it would be different?! I am shocked.

they could make movies like Mudbound, which is fucking great, but doesn't create buzz for netflix.

Bright generated attention

>DUDE LOOK AT THIS MOVIE, HAVE YOU SEEN SHIT LIKE THAT?

>top ten movies we don't believe are real (SEE)

it doesn't have to be artistically good. Netflix just wants to grow bigger and fame through the internet and from person to person helps that

>The film depicts two World War II veterans ā€“ one white, one black ā€“ who return to rural Mississippi each to address racism and PTSD in his own way.
And why do you think this saccharine brow-beaten TV movie story has any value whatsoever?

I'm saying that it was all the same. They could've done so much more with the premise.

>it was fun

*Takes big green shrek dump on Soy Wars*

ORKH LYFE

that part was ridiculous.

I can just picture Max on his computer like "I'M WRITING!!11"

and Primer 7k. your point? beasts of no nation is oscar bait shit

I wouldn't say fantastic, but I liked it. Had a few keks at the buddy cop bantz.

the ork MC is an Uncle Tom of Orks lmao

I cringed so hard at that point. Awful movie.

Fuck the haters, I liked this.

>all these butthurt faggots
You should have paid attention to the opening credits.

something different
i enjoyed it

sometimes i cringe so hard, i rip the skin

>I cringed so hard at that point
Everyone laugh at the numale
HAHAHAHAHA

I didn't hate it at all. Just made me laugh because they are wearing jerseys and stuff (presumably orc NFL players, how many orcs are ballers?

lets face it, Max is a hack

yeah....

I was equal parts glad and sad that this movie was made. Its the closest anyone's going to get to a shadowrun movie and urban fantasy might get more attention as a genre. But the writing was shit for the most part and why did they have to cast will smith? The man acts the exact same way in almost every movie he's in.

beasts is technically a netflix film
that's the point

>urban fantasy
what genre is this? something like that show The Magicians?

I like this movie, fuck the niggers that didn't like it, you are a racist manchild faggot if you did not like this movie, fuck you

I've only seen Okja and it sucked.

soiboi detected.

Is this a rehash of Alien Nation movie from the '80s?

not enough gun fights

>Is this a rehash of Alien Nation movie from the '80s?
That would be the Alien Nation TV show from the early 90's.