Don't mind me just stealing the whole movie

Don't mind me just stealing the whole movie

That's just what Michael Rooker does, no matter what he shows up in

>“I may be as pretty as an angel, but I sure as hell ain't one. Bend over, son.”
Father of the year.

dont mind me, just being the best marvel character who's only teased at the end of the movie

>He might be your father but he ain't your daddy
really made me feel

Again?

>yondu's gift to peter was an outdated obsolete piece of shit that was doa

he really was peter's dad

he didn't really shined in the first movie

Imagine him buying it.

>w-what are you saying? it's a terran device and has more than 300 songs?
>damn, the boy will love th-AND THEN I'LL USE IT AS BAIT TO CAPTURE HIM AND HAND HIM OVER THE KREE! MOVE ON ASSHOLES!

The story behind that would make a great one-shot

Is it just me, or is Peter getting closer and closer to his pre-movie synergy personality with each movie?

Peter's eulogy got me, got me right in the heart.

Raising Groot through teenage-hood is going to mature Peter a lot.

He's maturing. Gotta' respect Gunn for that. All the characterizations are evolving even if Drax got a bit flanderized.

He's becoming more mature as the story progresses. It also helps half the team is autistic and the only one dragging him to immature behavior (Rocket banter) was corrected in the movie.

>that post-credits scene where he tries to nag Teen Groot

good luck getting people to see Guardians 3 now that you killed off the only good character

it's walking dead all over againRIP Space Merle

Don't forget Mantis.

As her foster brother he has the responsibility of teaching her how to behave in society.

Drax felt more developed, he was always a dope even in the first movie. A combination between serious warrior phase and his bronze age caped dumb muscle phase. Here he seems more comfortable with his new friends and gets a sweet moments with Mantis, especially when he remembers his wife.

Well the first Star-Lord story was about overcoming the death of his mother and earning the title, the second was about discovering the identity of his father and relinquishing his heritage. Now the movies only adapt that in a loose way and with lots of GOTG elements but it's a fitting path Quill's walking.

>especially when he remembers his wife
>mfw mantis touching drax during that.
Fuck, that part came out of nowhere.

Damn. If that's what Gunn is actually planing then he has my respect. I guess he loves cosmic, in the end he's some kind of Guardian of the Galaxy.

Anyone else surprised by how baby groot wasn't a big part of the movie?

Basically he's becoming closer and closer to his original comic book portrayal as time goes on.

The best part of that scene is that Mantis touches him on curiosity alone, wanting to find what it feels to have real family, only to find incredible sorrow and sadness.

I really, really hope they find out Drax daughter is alive and has been made a Daughter of Thanos. It's the cleanest way to get Gamora, Drax and Nebula's plot lines to converge, we can get growth of Drax and Mantis having a surrogate father/daughter relationship, and then we can get based Moondragon as well.

A nice way of giving Drax a sub-plot in Vol 3, finding out that not only his thought to be dead daughter to be alive, but is now one of Thanos' newest henchman.

He said the classic Star-Lord comics were a big inspiration. It wouldn't surprise me if his idea of using Ego owes just a little something to Planet Story, in which Quill encounters a lonely sentient planet that only wants someone to share its existence with.

It can also be used as a way to get Drax out of killing Thanos, if they don't want him to do it. He has to choose between taking down the Mad Titan or rescuing his daughter.

Also because Moondragon is psychic,
they'd need a psychic to counter her. Enter the most powerful psychic in the galaxy: Cosmo

I think it works better if his daughter is legit dead, but I'm really liking the Thanos henchman idea, like he finds a teenage girl who is being forced into training by Thanos forces. He tries to save her only to get captured himself and bonds with her (ala Cammi), he finally breaks out of it but the girl doesn't want to leave him so he adopts her

>Captain Marvel movie
>we see a Phyla-Vell in a Kree outworld witnessing Thanos army's carriage of slaves and focuses her eyes in a little bald girl that she considers beautiful
>in her head the word "help" resonates for some reason
>becomes obsessed on finding her

>Infinity War
>The Avengers/Guardians team go back to Knowhere
>the place is ran by Cosmo himself
How hard would you mark out?

Yeah the marketing on him was really obnoxious but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't force him too hard.
I walked into this movie expecting to strongly dislike it but it was arguably just as good as the first one.
It did what a sequel should do, not rehash the first movie but try and expand on the concepts introduced in it.

>It did what a sequel should do, not rehash the first movie but try and expand on the concepts introduced in it.
I loved the movie but the first two arcs felt like a flanderized version of Guardians of the Galaxy 1. After Rocket and Yondu get captured then everything you said kicked in.

nutted when the watchers came up. nutted again when the ego face appeared. nutted for the third time when Adam Warlock was teased.

sovereigns a qts.

>sovereigns a qts.
Ayesha made my dick hard as diamonds.

>post credits ayesha

Ive been wanting this since they first showed cosmo in the MCU

>gamer Ayesha

>the first two arcs
Do you mean the first two acts of the movie ?
Because Rocket and Yondu get captured pretty early on the movie and even then up until that point the movie is just treading us through familiar ground before it can take us into the new shit.

I mean rehash in the sense that this movie could have gone for the usual cheap and lazy route Marvel films usually go in sequels but it didn't.
They didn't reprise any of the songs from the first movie, not even Hooked On A Feeling.
They didn't end in an overly positive note like they did with the first movie.
They changed the character dynamics established in the first movie.
They introduced a radically different villain.
They went for actually new scenarios instead of just making the previous scenarios bigger and louder.

At most they flanderized the characters a bit (mostly Drax) but they actually took the time to develop them as well.

>On November 14, 2016, Paul Wernick and James Gunn revealed that Marvel Studios made a trade with Fox where Fox gave Marvel Studios the rights to use Ego the Living Planet in the film
WHAT DID THE MOUSE TRADE?

Mantis a best

I found both scenes where she is touching drax to be good despite the first one being already being spoilered by trailers.
GOTG 2 drax is way better than the one in the first

>combining my shy asian girl fetish with my alien fetish as well as my bug fetish
Jesus fuck movie you can't do this to me

>Do you mean the first two acts of the movie
Yes, I need some sleep. But I stand by my statement the first part was Guardians 1 turned up to eleven. Nearly every single line was a quip/joke and there were some really shit ones like Rocket threatening Peter.with Drax poop.
But I agree with you. It was a character driven story that actually felt different from the other MCU movies and also delivered some splendid visuals. Basically everything I wanted Dr. Strange to be.

>They changed the character dynamics established in the first movie.
They established the Guardians as a family a lot better than in the first movie. That was great.

My Petfu!

ftfy*

Permission to change Negasonic Teenage Warhead's powerset in "Deadpool".

The rights to change Negasonic TW's powerset to fit their needs. I think everyone ended benefitting from that trade.

>I stand by my statement the first part was Guardians 1 turned up to eleven. Nearly every single line was a quip/joke and there were some really shit ones like Rocket threatening Peter.with Drax poop.
Yeah, I agree with this. It was pretty fucking annoying at first and I was only further convinced it would be a typical cash-in sequel. And some of the other jokes throughout the movie like the Cheers one were pretty cringy too.
But I was glad to be proven wrong.
I just got back from watching it and honestly this barely constitutes the first act of the movie. By the time Kurt Russel arrives this goes away.

>Basically everything I wanted Dr. Strange to be
I was talking to a few friends of mine the other day how Dr.Strange, for how much it was promoted as a "WEIRD AND TRIPPY ZOMG" movie, was just as generic and barebones as everything else Marvel puts out, and the only visually creative parts of it were what they could achieve with buttloads of CG, and there was nothing weird or unique about the movie whatsoever.
The Guardians series does it much better than Dr.Strange. I think part of this has to do with James Gunn's background with Troma films and the fact that he gets to keep his vision for the movies (which is the thing that I find most lacking in these superhero films).

>They established the Guardians as a family a lot better than in the first movie
Yeah I was so glad they had the characters interact more. Especially Rocket. He was too confined to Groot in the first movie and this time they had him interact more with characters like Yondu and Drax

>and this time they had him interact more with characters like Yondu and Drax
>the part where Rocket shows Drax the stolen batteries and they both laugh
That felt so good.

>that yondu and rocket moment

I am not american but what kind of accent do the actor have?

He uses the same in Walking Dead.

>those slow motion parts where yondu solos fucking everything with the arrow

tsundere dad, BEST DAD

if it wasn't because of nebula, would yondu be able to solo the whole ravagers team on a moment like that?

>Rocket joins the fun and they both start killing the remaining Ravagers while laughing their asses off
The capture/escape scenes were so good, well maybe not Baby Groot bringing in the incorrect items joke that went for too long and everybody laughing at Taserface's name.

If not for Yondu's magical arrow Rocket would've solo'ed the Ravagers with his traps alone.

probably
I'd like to rewatch it on home release and try and get a rough bodycount for how many kills yondu gets over the course of the movie

Don't forget to compare it to Taserface's for an estimate of how big Yondu's crew was.

>yondu sweating only when facing a planet
just how OP is that arrow?

>more people died in this movie, probably on ravagers alone, than in Age of Ultron
>37+Quickslav and Baron von Strucker

Marvel=hacks and no stakes

>implying he didn't already steal the first movie

that shit went straight through the walls of a spacecraft effortlessly, he can command it remotely as long as he has a rough idea of where it is (and you) are and it's deadly accurate

fucker was even able to use it to land safely from a tall height by holding onto it

mary poppins

And don't forget it can also produce fire.

>Hawkeye gets to use Yondu's fin in IW

>Ravagers acting like hot shit all start running in abject fear as soon as they see Yondu with the replacement fin
They already knew they were all going to get solo'd as soon as he turned the corner.

How did you guys feel about Ego ?
I thought Kurt Russell was just going to be a throw-away cameo like Stallone was and I was surprised to see him play the actual main villain of the movie.
The twist was obvious but I liked that the movie used this as a plot point to make us feel bad for Peter because we know that having an allmighty Kurt Russell as your father is way too good to be true and we know he's being manipulated.
They could have dealt with his "reveal" way better and of course they couldn't help but do the "well I hate you and am going to kill everyone now" thing.

Still, I don't think he was bad. When compared to the other phenomenally lackluster Marvel villains he is pretty okay.

To be fair Taserface was the only one ballsy enough to find him without running in terror. He went out like a bitch though.

I didn't expect to cry over Yondu...but I did.

Also he was fucking badass in this movie too, that scene when he was killing all the ravagers with his arrow

chinese camrip when

Best MCU villain since Loki period.

Played the cool dad perfectly. He fucking out-acted Pratt in the scenes they had together, it was an excellent choice to play Star-Lord's father. His villanous turn was pretty decent too. I can't really tell about the reveal since I was expecting it, and also Yondu being Pete's true father, before the I saw the movie.

>well I hate you and am going to kill everyone now" thing.
It's funny because it was more like
>ok, young man! you're grounded for 10 million years until you think about your future
>i'm also getting rid of the bad influence around you since they are the only thing keeping you from understanding the dream just like your mother was doing to me

way better than ronan and only behind loki when it comes to marvel movie villains actually.

There's a Mexican one if you're interested.

>the only visually creative parts of it were what they could achieve with buttloads of CG

This always bothers me when people complain about visuals.

Seriously, how the fuck do you achieve unreal/surreal visuals without abusing CG? There's literally no other way to do them, GotG2 also abused the fuck out of them.

I cannot figure out why I am so attracted to her

Note: I'm not suggesting making a Dormammu puppet but practical effects are a thing.

She makes my heart aww and my dick cum. It's like I'm watching a cute animu SoL.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about different dimensions/planets/space.

You can't just practical effect that shit without looking even worse than 20th century CG.

>how the fuck do you achieve unreal/surreal visuals without abusing CG? There's literally no other way to do them
I think you need to watch more movies if you are seriously asking this question.
CG is one of the things that killed creativity in film

Disagree.

So is this movie actually good? Because I got spoiled on the Ego giving his mom cancer thing and that sounds incredibly retarded.

Funny thing, despite how utterly fake the "baby" looked in the final act, I still find that movie to be the most disturbing one I've seen yet.

Anyway, like I said in the post above you, I'm not talking about creatures, I'm talking about environments and shit. There's only so much you can do with stages before it becomes unpractical, and I say this as someone who fucking loves natural scenarios and "real" effects like Need For Speed used for its action.

>Ego giving his mom cancer thing and that sounds incredibly retarded
Yeah it is. It's not even pulled off well.
In case you want to know how it goes down, it happens right after Ego gives Peter a touch that makes him see some crazy shit and start to go along with his plan. But then right when Peter is falling for it,
he just says "oh btw sorry for giving your mom cancer though" and that snaps Peter out of the mind control.

>is this movie actually good?
I'd say yes. If you can stomach a really terrible opening, it gets much better after Ego shows up and the group gets split.

Why did he give her a slow cancer that killed her over like 10 years? Why not just kill her instantly?

And if the reason is a "lol time isn't a problem he can wait it out" deal then why didn't he just wait a couple more decades for her to just die?

I do like how Drax is the most open about considering the Guardians his surrogate family. And it makes sense, since we can gleam from his talk about his parents and wife that he had a relatively normal (for his culture) upbringing and family life, so he doesn't have any of the trust issues that Rocket, Gamora and even Peter have.

Don't mind me, I am just pirated his eye. He doesn't have a good DRM.

>I'm talking about environments and shit
Still can be done. And GotG 2 did use a fuckton of CG, but it had more going for it and it used it to service the story rather than distract from it. And there was more variety, too.

Let me be clear: I understand that these movies cannot be made without CG, and I don't have a problem with CG when it doesn't curb creativity by providing the filmmakers with an easy solution for everything. I understand that Marvel has to pump out these movies like they were on a assembly line and that they don't even want to bother with fancy sets anymore. I understand that Dr.Strange, like most other Marvel products, was a movie made mostly by computers.

But just because I understand something doesn't mean I can't complain about it, nor does it mean I can't think of other ways to do it.

You're completely missing the point of the scene.
He tells Peter he put the tumor in his mom to show him he also had to get rid of someone he loved to achieve his dream just like wants him to do with his friends. He doesn't just randomly mention it just because.

>Why not just kill her instantly?
He legitimately loved her and couldn't bear doing it himself, so he decides to give her an incurable disease and let her die, it sounds like a real dick move, but its supposed to be one.
What you need to understand is that Ego has a fucked up sense of morality since he deems other life forms inferior and it's obsessed with his dream of expansion. After Meredith dies he doesn't even want to go back to Earth because it's painful for him, so, he hires Yondu to bring him Peter.

I forgot to mention his main reason to kill Peter's mom is so Peter doesn't have anything preventing him from pulling out the expansion stuff since it involves killing everything and replacing it with Ego himself.

I think another reason he's so open about them being a family is due to his culture being so literal (and by extension, honest). As such, he doesn't have the kind of emotional filter that the other Guardians have. Which is great, because it also gives us moments like pic related.

...flashbacks?

I remember chuckling when that scene happened.

Very nice. Mantis didn't have a single battle scene, but was pretty OP. She held a raging Ego against his will and turned Gamora into a chicken very easily.

>inb4 learns martial arts by watching Peter's kung-fu movies

Osmosis Jones?

My dad died last week.

I almost had to leave the theater when Peter was screaming watching him die

COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER

James Gunn mentioned wanting to put in an extra Guardian but not having the space for it. I suspect he couldn't find a way to justify bringing the team back to Knowhere.

Ego probably killed millions with those blobs. Hundreds on earth alone.

knowing that there were hundreds of thousands of blobs you're probably right

Should never have let Raimi direct.

Why is he drawn like some twink edgelord from the 90's?