Why do these assholes just stand by and watch as Aku does as he pleases...?

Why do these assholes just stand by and watch as Aku does as he pleases...?
They had no problems destroying the Demiurge during humanity's infancy, but for some reason wiping out Aku just seems like too much work?

I think they don't kill Aku because they don't consider him a big enough threat to be concerned about, so they just gave it to some asshole to take care of it.

did birth of evil remind anyone else of the wrkncacnter?

This. Deities don't like to get their hands dirty unless they absolutely have to. They have astral shit to attend to, they usually just choose a mortal and send them on epic quests.

Name any major deity in any religion that isn't an asshole or who actually helps humanity more than it fucks it over.

The only reasonable answer is that they don't see Aku is a huge threat yet, some they assign the task to someone else

They considered him a threat when he was just chilling, floating through space and he didn't even have a corporeal form yet. Why wouldn't they consider him a threat now?

This.
Gods are like harsh parents or teachers to humanity. They will NEVER solve the problem for us, but they'll give us the tools to fix it ourselves.
They gave us the sword and designated a badass warrior to do the deed. And he fucking did. And in case that wasn't enough, he started planning a counter attack for a return that he was right about.
And had Jack failed and died, then humanity would have gone to shit because the gods would have deemed us unworthy to keep living or something.

I don't know Sup Forums.
Aku has enslaved like entire galaxies and tons of alien races.
If that's not a big enough threat to be addressed by them then idk what is

Because Aku is just a tiny portion of the original mass of evil that they were fighting.
Now if it were a billion Akus then they might pay closer attention.

Because back then it had the power to kill gods. Imagine what something like that could do to entire galaxies. Now Aku is a different kind of threat. The black mass he used to be could extinguish the whole cosmos. Aku however can only hope to conquer it without threatening its existence. That's a minor matter to the gods.

Again, Aku is not a threat to the universe itself, only to its inhabitants. I know it doesn't sound that coherent, but that's the way gods think. Creating an intergalactic empire is A-Okay for them. Destroying the universe is not, and that's what that black mass would have done had it had the time.

>Don't finish what they started
>It's someone else's problem now

Gods are fags.

Because it's a classic part of the heroes quest user.

Gods exist not to solve the hero's problem, but to give tools to let them overcome it.

Because they know that the show wouldn't exist if they defeated Aku completely.

Gods only really directly fight other gods or godlike entities. Aku is a pretty powerful demon, but his power-level isn't even really close to theirs. They'd step in if Cthulhu or Galactus came around, but Aku is small potatoes.

>Questioning Gods
Shut up atheists

yeah that sounds about right

Not going to argue with that.

watch Birth of Evil
/thread
Aku is stuck on Earth

I think Aku could beat Cthulhu and Galactus or at least reach a stalemate.
I do wonder if Jack's sword would be able to kill an elder god or other major entities.

Which one is the poo God
I want to say it's some avatar of Vishnu but I don't know which one

You're going to lead this discussion to the topic of religion faster than you know with this question.

>Aku is stuck on Earth
Nah, he can travel through the universe with no problem. He just likes it better on Earth.

The thing that bugs me the most is why an Egyptian, Indian and Norse god are relying on a Samurai.

Why isn't there a Japanese god? Did Aku kill him? Is Aku the Japanese god?

I did watch Birth of Evil.
It doesn't explain why they gave the task to destroy Aku to a human when they could have easily just snuffed him out when he was at his weakest form and called it a day.

Aku was defeated by Elementals.

Aku is a piece of Yahweh aka the Demiurge

Izanagi kinda sucks

The one on the right.

a good portion of the big-league japanese gods aren't kind to humans

You know come to think of it, what Aku came from could fit the description of the August Star of Heaven

If Aku can travel through space, like he did when hired the lion-men alien hunters, Why he just not abandon the Earth, conquer another planet and stays there? Jack will never go anywhere beyond the atmosphere.

>Aku is stuck on Earth

He literally flew like a rocket direct to the imakandi planet

>Jack will never go anywhere beyond the atmosphere.
I believe he did that in episode 3 or 4.

Odin and Vishnu were never really kind either, don't know about Ra.

why should aku have to run from a single, puny, worthless samurai?

The elementals were also created by a goddess, only stuff that has divine origin can defeat him

Galactus does have divine powers.

vishnu is often depicted as a protector for the world though so it makes sense for him to be there
odin is odin and it's easy to connect him to fighting a great evil

Which leads me to wonder why some demigod or other creature of divine origin has never challenged aku....

I've never understood why jack hasn't tried that super-speed way of time travel again, surely he could find another group of scientists willing to help somewhere

All cientists from earth are working for Aku

Isn't vishnu like the destruction aspect of brahmin or something? I am very hindu ignorant

their behavior was consistent (we gave you a way to handle it, now handle it. we're busy) until they suddenly took time out to TALK to him
if you have that kind of time, you could just solve the problem.. a lot faster.

also why did they care about his kimono and chonmage? i mean surely he never shaved before, he just couldnt grow a beard yet because sometimes asians need a running start

I think that is Shiva

Good point. Aku could defeat the Guardian of Time? Aku says he destroyed all time portals in the Earth. He could find the great Portal of the Guardian? If not, when Aku be defeated in the Future, Jack will become old, reconstruct the future and so will be worthy of traveling back to past, like in the vision of the portal? Why he would need to do that? He coming back to the past is creating a new line of history? That all is a mess of continuity.

that's shiva

Aku sort of enjoys fucking over Jack multiple times in the show.

either genndy forgot, aku doesn't know about the guardian or the guardian is dead and the portal blasted

It would have been much beter if Jack was given the same kind of armor his dad was given.

>God isn't real because life is hard sometimes

Why are atheists such petulent children?

>implying Jack understood any of that shit when it happened
What's he even going to ask? "Small men with glass helmets used big fire stick to fly their chariot to heaven and somehow make magic portal, CAN YOU DO THIS TOO??!"

Rama is the one with the bow and arrows so I would assume it's a loose interpretation of him.

Genndy has already stated the Guardian's going to be addressed. So one way or another, we'll see.

>yfw it was addressed by aku saying that he destroyed all the time portals

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
-Epichurus, Philosopher (340-270 BC)

They explained this a long time ago.
I don't remember how it goes, but basically Aku escaped from their realm and into reality. That's part of what Jack's father was trying to do with his hocusss pocusss, banish him back.
Instead he just embodied him, which resulted in Jack's dad having to get the sword in the first place.

Wasn't aphrodite pretty chill

Or no wait she's the one who made medusa isn't she. Artemis?

Willing and able

>Then whence cometh evil?
People, humans. God could easily make evil never happen again in the blink of an eye. He values human free will far too much to do that though. Evil gets it's punishment in the end, far far worse than anything they dished out.

got really fuckin mad at some human who got too good at hunting, same shit as arachne
turns out greek pantheon are spiteful little shits

Yeah, the world of Aku makes no sense. There's places where is cyberpunk, with a lot of tecnology and aliens; others are post apocalyptic, Mad Max style, with punk gangs and shit; others are like medieval, with dragons and peasants; other is primitive, with giant monkeys and gigantic forests. All mixed up with magic and tecnology. If only Aku can manipulate time, who created the portals in the future? Where are all this magic comes from? The few times jack encounters someone using magic, is highly hidden.

>He values human free will far too much to do that though
Literally gets pissed off at Adam and Eve for manifesting free will and disobeying him after they the fruit.

Oh yeah forgot about that.

Huh she's like the OG of Transformation fetishism isn't she?

should pray to her more often then

>People, humans. God could easily make evil never happen again in the blink of an eye. He values human free will far too much to do that though.
These two are not logically connected at all nor are they mutually exclusive.

no
go back further
the first thing he makes adam and eve do after being created is to feel shame

Prometheus you ignorant nigger

That was Athena. She's into punishing women for being women.
Aphrodite's just a slut that cucks her ugly husband.

Most of the Greek deities were colossal assholes in one respect or another.

One of the few exceptions was Hades, ironically enough, who was pretty chill, and was mainly feared because of the natural fear of death humans have.

He was even willing to lend a hand to people, namely Orpheus and Hercules, and it only backfired on Orpheus because he got overexcited.

Athena got anger-y that Medusa dared to get raped by Poseidon inside one of Athena's temples and made her ugly as a result.

Gods are right cunts.

They didn't feel shame until after they ate the fruit, and realized they were naked.
God did not give them the concept of it.

I don't get the Hades did nothing wrong meme, he kidnapped Demeter's daughter and used sneaky Jew tricks to keep and marry her.

Artemis punished the hunter that saw her bathing. No one's allowed to peep on gods, so she turned him into a deer and let his own hunting dogs rip him apart. Arachne was Athena. She sewed a blasphemous tapestry that people liked better than Athena's, so she was just gonna kill her painfully. The spider part was actually a mercy. Honestly Arachne kinda asked for it with the blasphemy

He made Adam, gave him a waifu, and dropped the two of them off in a literal paradise, with the only rule being that of all the trees in the garden, they can't eat the fruit of this one tree.

He punished them for breaking a rule the same way a parent would do for a child.

I was answering the question. Evil comes from people. God is perfectly willing and able to prevent evil.

>being good at your job is being blasphemous

>>>/olympus/

Relatively tame compared to the rest of the pantheon
Anons probably just relate to his ronery loneliness though

Pain and suffering are not exclusively products of people though.

that and the disney interpretation makes him pretty likeable
he wasn't "chill" by any means except relative to most of the other gods since he left mortals alone unless they tried to mess with him in some way

It depicted some humiliating trivia about the gods or something. Thats a no-no. But yes, upstaging a god in a contest is also blasphemy. Shouldve just forfeited and started grovelling on the spot

Part of this had to to do with a sort-of hierarchy in the Greek Pantheon.

To make a potentially long explanation short, she punished Medusa because the only other person to possibly punish was Poseidon, and Athena was smart enough to avoid starting shit with someone on a higher level than her.

See also in the Odyssey, where instead of making Poseidon stop dicking Odysseus around herself, she instead goes to Zeus and gets HIM to make Poseidon stop, Zeus is higher up in the divine food chain than Poseidon.

Fair point I guess. Not necessarily from God specifically dicking anyone over(except in the cases he does, most of the Old Testament for example).

Only humans feel by abrahamic faiths. Or at least only human feelings are important. Though I think theres some shit about minimizing pain when making kosher meat

can't have mortals being better than the gods at their own jobs now can we

Did people worship titans? Like Prometheus is a key figure to some myths but "major deity" seems reserved for niggas you'd actually pray to.

He made a snap decision after being alone in the land of the dead for so long.

When told to return her, he was perfectly fine doing it, although she ate food from the land of the dead, which means she isn't supposed to leave ever. If Hades really wanted to he could have just left it at "Whoops, nothing I can do."

At least he's faithful to Persephone, unlike his horndog brothers

What about hephaestus? He just wanted to smith stuff while his wife was being banged by Ares

>sneaky jew tricks

Chill gods of death are the best interpretation. No need to rush around managing everything. Why bother? Eventually everything will fall into their domain one way or another.

>forge

sorry, bad engrish

He tried humiliating his wife and her lover on several occasions and was humiliated in turn. He's incredibly bitter

>God is perfectly willing and able to prevent evil.
Then there shouldn't be evil.
But there is.

Conundrum, isn't it.

>the Demiurge
The Ultimate Evil isn't a Demiurge, it's just Chaos.
Aku could become like a Demiurge but he has too many threats above him to get there without trouble.

Only because everyone else he hangs out with is fucking dead.

Didn't Jack summon Ra to handle the guardians of Set?

What about the shinigamis? Never understood if they have the power to choose when someone will die or if they only reap their souls after they are already dead

yes but that shit had been laid out thousands of years prior, the scarab was probably a favor from ra for building all the monuments

His biggest mistake was trying to humiliate someone on a higher level than him and expecting people to side with him on it. See the Pantheon hierarchy business I mentioned earlier.

There is evil because of humans. Abolishing all evil in the world would involve getting rid of free will and/or humans in general. God won't do this not because he can't, but because he doesn't want to. Bit of a difference there.

if there is evil, there is no free will, you can't have both coexisting, unless you want another divine being that adores you for eternity.

Actually he did