Apologize for your hatred

Do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU
youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off jew.

Rogue One isn't embarrassing like the prequels but it's still a pretty boring movie with flat characters

This movie is aesthetic as fuck.

? But I've always thought it was the only good Star Wars movie outside of the original trilogy. Maybe you should apologize for making assumptions. Did you think about that OP?

You should watch the scenes with the monks again

My hate is my one. The more you shame it, the more you flame it.

Let me deal with me.

it was not terrible, it was merely uninteresting.
tlj is wandering into prequel territory with how incompotently it's written and edited.

>one
own

I didn't really like it, but after seeing The Last Jedi not only do I feel I was too hard on it, I even feel like I was too hard on the prequels, which is something I never thought I would say in a million years.

Go in peace and may the force be with you.

I honestly liked the movie, and thought the last jedi was eh. What are the main criticisms of this movie?

I been defending Rogue Kino from day one

Chirrut is pretty cool, but that's about it

Baze and Saw should have been merged into one character

Although you can see where reshoots and studio interference were awkwardly pasted into the original story, it manages to be a decent movie, for a Star Wars pastiche of classic action movies like The Wild Bunch and Where Eagles Dare.

Of course, Disney learned from its mistake and won't be allowing any director to squeak in a personal touch like they did here anymore.

I liked this one, aware of the flaws of the first part.
The only thing remotely good that will come form this shitshow, I tell you what.

It's got a lot of unnecessarily repetitive narrative and many scenes just go nowhere important. Maybe 45 minutes of it could be cut without consequence to anything. Many characters are stilted and featureless or inconsistent in their attitude and behavior.

Seriously, this. Just make the Guardians of the Whills her protectors from childhood. Much simpler.

Well I guess you are right. I must admit the last 5 minutes were great tho, the music, death star and vader scene were perfect.

I genuinely liked this film. It was a Star Wars war film with gritty combat and that's all it needed to be.

That doesn't mean it's not without fault, but it definitely doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets.
And it's still much better than TLD trash.

I already though it was a good movie. Not perfect, but it looked up to the series it was supposed to stand for and didn't make a mockery of it.

Hell no. The movie sucked in my opinion, and I have no idea how this wasn’t destroyed by the audience score either

Felicity Jones should have been Rey.

With bangs. And then banging Kylo Ren.

I loved Rogue One just as a nice popcorn flick, kind of like this year's Kong Skull Island

Rogue One > Force Awakens > Last Jedi

Yeah, Rogue One is hot garbage. Had to struggle to stay awake, honestly. I think nerds just remember the BADASS DARTH VADER thing and get tricked into thinking this movie was worth something

Rian pls go

lol I went to piss during Darth's first scene in the theater and completely missed "CHOKE ON YOUR AMBITIONSSSS" and when I saw it the second time I was like "oh, I missed nothing."

Everything with Darth Vader in the movie was completely gratuitous and took away from the excellent main story.

I think that would make it another Chosen One kind of story, and cliches aside, it would be a really crowded movie, then.

I like it as it is, with a character on the sidelines of the conflict, forced to choose where she stands.

Rogue One is the best Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. The sequel trilogy was a mistake.

I cant say its good but I didnt hate it like others seem to. Action was alright but I didnt care for the characters at all, I can watch the fights on youtube and skip the shitty narrative altogether.

It's the only authentic feeling SW from disney yet, and will stand the test of time much better than the new trilogy.

TFA and TLJ feel false and inauthentic. Like (bad) fan-films with a huge budget.

Name at least 3 characters in the film. Go ahead. (Jyn, Darth Vader, Tarkin doesn't count)

The story stalls out in Jedha as it is and the Whills introduction and Saw's introduction don't both need to happen since all he does is die a few minutes later without really making an impression on us. If they were harboring the pilot and his message from Galen so much the simpler. Saw is just unnecessary from any perspective, and that scene with the mind-octopus was totally unnecessary.

K-2SO, Cassian Andor, Bodhi, Chirrut Îmwe, Baze Malbus, Melshie, Orson Krennic, Galen Erso, Mon Mothma.

should have clarified, without googling
here's a second question - give personality traits for each of those characters. how would you describe them?

Cassian Andor
Baze
Chirut Imwe
Galen Erson
Orson Krennick
Admiral Gorin
Admiral Raddus

I saw the movie 2 times in the first week and never again since

Also
Baze and Chirut have plenty of characterzation but it's not shoved in your face
Cassian has an arc too

The problem with the new movies is they feel way too much like Marvel movies. I dont know what it is, like, every character is the "punchline" character, the one that has some zinger at the end of every sentence and the way the movie is shot is an effects explosion with lots of information in every shot, I dont mean CG effects by this, there is so much shit happening on screen, the OT never does that, in the OT you would have someone running down a sci fi corridor and there would be some zips of lazers being fired at them as they run away, in the new trilogy and RO you get people running across an open plain and there are massive explosions all around them and ships roaring overhead while gunfire zips past the heroes who are running and shouting at eachother giving exposition while the camera is doing swoops and dives.

It’s time for Star Wars to end ...

*Erso

I didn't google I just watched the movie again an hour ago.

K-2SO: Cynical, honest, with a good sense of humor
Cassian: Committed; faithful; trusting
Chirrut: A mysterious man of great faith
Baze: Jaded, caring, angry
Krennic: Prideful, full of himself, obnoxious glory-hound
Mothma: Senatorial

Well on Rogue One's defense it IS a war movie.

No, it was fucking boring.

But at least it didn't ruin everything like TLJ.

It had rebel fighters operating operationally. It was the first time they ever seemed competent on film. When that one reb busted into the crawler with his laser rifle in a C-clamp grip, I about nutted

Cassian: disillusioned and not afraid to get his hands dirty, lost everything and has nothing left except fighting, pragmatic person. Supresses his emotions of grief.

Chirrut: used to work at the Jeddah temple, force sensitive and spiritual, caring

Baze: Chirruts best friend, lost his faith after the temple was destroyed, used to be very pious before. Big brother type character, caring, big hearted but bitter.

Krennnic: Ambitious and seeking aproval, hungry for achivements and proving his own worth

People who say the characters in this movie are bland or lacked personality boggle my mind. Are they lying, or stupid? Nearly every character has at least a small arc. Jyn at the end has clearly come to terms with losing one father and being abandoned by another and gone from caring about nothing to being content to die for a cause, while Cassian has rediscovered the humanity he buried in that cause's name. They're simple, effective character arcs---what the fuck did you want, Jyn to list her favorite ice cream flavors?

Lol never faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU

It's not so much how they end up as how they were early on; that first hour of the movie is a real goddamn hurdle to get over full of Avengers-tier characterization.

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
this

why do people hare R1? I thin it was genuinely good. And space battle was maybe the best in series.

They want to say it was too sad and grimdark but the memes have moved on so they're calling it bland(!!?) and unemotional(???)

the movie had no reason to exist but it feels like a star wars film and outright embarrasses episode 7 and 8. i don't love it and i'll never watch it again but it is a star wars film in all of the ways that 7 and 8 will never be.

Literally who?

Rouge one at least brought something new to the SW universe. And that 'Nam stylization was great.

you can't even type properly, classic rogue one fan

But it's not

Anyone got the webm of felicitys ass?

What's wrong with that movie?

You know what, it works better if the raid on Eadu comes before the hologram and then we see it on the way back instead of learning about it first, then Galen dying, then Jyn telling everybody what it said. Cuts down on unnecessary restatement of the info we already know and don't need a refresher on, like the flashback to shit that happened only 30 minutes earlier when she wakes up on the U-wing on the way to Jedha.

STOP SHILLING UR UTUBE CHANNEL

>But it's not
youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y
Yes it is

This movies gorgeous for one of these star wars things. I don't expect Sup Forums to have an ounce of objective filmmaking knowledge in their heads so they'll just harp on ATST DARTH VADER FEMINISMMMM.

It was originally gonna be something like Apocalypse Now actually but was considered too "dark" by that bitch hag Kennedy so was reshot. As it stands the film is one of my favourites alongside V and IV but I don't doubt it could have been even better.

It wasn't bad.
Just forgetful for 2/3rds and a stupid, borderline idiotic ending that invalids the beginning of ANH.

>boring movie with flat characters

meaningless buzzwords

>that turd is better than this turd!

at least rogue one had a coherent plot and consistent tone (none of the wacky "humor" of TLJ undercutting serious moments).

the only things people really hated on rogue one about were flat characters (weren't any worse than the new characters introduced for the new trilogy) and nostalgia pandering (which there is plenty of in the new trilogy)

you cannot shit on rogue one and love tfa/tlj at the same time

Is Rogue One hated on the internet? By normals? I thought it was just Reddit Letter Memeia and their guys.

Unoffensive, but boring. Only worth watching for Vader and Tarkin.

>Expecting good characters
>From Gareth Edwards

I challenged my friend to name any of the main characters OTHER than Jyn, Galen, and that robot. they failed.

Bonus points if you can remember the mother's name

I really liked it! I also really like The Last Jedi!

Dont have to. I liked it.

Why are you sending me to a video of an autistic, nitpicking faggot? You don't happen to be this autistic, nitpicking faggot, do you?

Christ I couldn't' even name Jyn. There's just the main character upper middle class english girl, the mexican han solo, the asian gay couple, the homo-bot, and the imperial pilot who you always expect to die at the end of each of his scenes but somehow he sticks around almost to the end of the film. Also Director Krennic.

I was so wrong about this movie at first. I still had the bad taste in my mouth from the horrid and uninspired aesthetics of TFA so I was against anymore Star Wars movies. After watching TLJ recently i was tempted to watch more Star Wars so I gave Rouge one another shot and I have to say its incredible.

It truly feels like a modern Star Wars movie and it perfectly fits in to the feeling and atmosphere off the OT. The visuals were stunning and after watching I wanted to see even more of this universe. I can't say the same about the other two turds that JJ and Rian pushed out

To this day, I don't understand how RLM hates this movie for OT pandering when most of the time it makes sense (The scene with the two guys from the cantina is not one of them) but enjoy The Force Awakens where the pandering makes no sense from an in universe standpoint.

Rewatched it recently, and it's even better than I remembered. It's not flawless, but it's miles ahead of the new trilogy, which is fucking garbage.

>scenes with the monks
yeah the "monks" what memorable characters, remember "pilot" and "black guy"

kek'd and check'd

They felt unsafe saying what they really thought about TFA right after seeing it (ono! might cost us clicks!) and projected all their angst onto RO. If you watch their recent TLJ review Rich actually crows about how he never liked TFA all along and wasn't taken for a ride nosir.

Basically they felt dirty after giving TFA even faint praise and went in to RO with the knives out to compensate.

Just because you need character development fucking spoon fed to you over three movies doesn't mean actual intelligent viewers couldn't see the emotion inherent in these characters.

Cassian's whole thing is constantly being torn apart by having to do horrible things for a good cause, even before he straight out comes and says it towards the end it's painfully obvious at the beginning when he kills the informant guy, and when he can't bring himself to kill Jyn's father because he's come to respect and believe her.

Jyn has been fighting since she lost her parents before the age of ten, she's strong and independent, had to be since Saw left her at 16. Is tired of constantly being on the run and looking over her shoulder. You can clearly see the relief in her eyes when the rebels say they'll give her a full pardon if they help her.

Hell even the scene where the message plays is very powerful, clearly Galen expects Saw to still be in contact with his daughter, but he has to play it off in case anyone intercepts the message, he drives home the point of his nickname for Jyn as a child 'Stardust' so that they know which plans to grab.

Some of the other characters are a bit more two dimensional, but in all fairness they had one movie to flesh out like eight new characters. Baze and Chirut come off as likeable, K2 was the standard droid comic relief with a twist in that he could actually handle himself in a fight. Hell at the end even the Pilot was likable, he did good work confusing the imperials using the comms and managed to play the role of an imperial trying to redeem himself a lot better than Finn in the other movies.

I mean shit, I went into Rogue One ACTIVELY hostile, because I downloaded it and Episode VII at the same time and had watched VII like a day or two before. I was super critical of basically everything in the first few minutes, and it still managed to turn me around.

But I didn't hate it. I actually liked Rogue One compared to the other two.

It has the same flaws: boring characters.

I genuily think the movie is suffering due to its diversity since they shoved characters of all races and as a result none of them were intersting. No cool aliens though, this wouldn't empower anyone

The actiens scene often felt pointless and there was no sense of tension at all, even when they were all dyingg left and right since you knew they would all get heroic sacrifice. I just remember a long strings of explosions and pew pew, nothing stood out.

You could drop the childhood arc of the heroine and you would greatly improve the movie. Then shorten the final battle and you may make the movie ok.

>goes into an autistic rant about some opening Saturn rings by repeatedly saying this is bad, this is stupid, this is shit
Couldn't make it past 5 minutes of this.

I enjoyed RO because
a.) It takes liberty knowing that it's just a movie taking place within the SW universe
b.) The battle scenes are on the level of the OT. Even better that it was produced by ILM.

Had they removed CG Tarkin, condensed the First Act, and given the characters better dynamics, it would have probably been universally well received.

I never hated it to begin with, it's an OK movie. I didn't enjoy it as much as the OT, but it's not bad at all, excepting some pacing trouble and awkward character development.

I never finished that movie. I deleted it as the city was being blown up on the desert shithole.

This was the only Nu-Wars movie I enjoyed. It does all a Star Wars movie has to do: tell a good story in the SW universe without taking a fat diarrhea dump all over the existing stories and characters. Aside from the Bothans, I guess.

Maybe I'm just a faggot but when I watched RO I really held out hope until the very end that they would get out of it alive and I felt genuinely sad that they didn't. Unlike in TLJ where every heroic sacrifice provoked a reaction of either "okay, sure" or "what the fuck?"

Bothans got the plans on the 2nd Death Star, my dude. No glory was stolen for the making of this film.

Yeah, but they're all fucking boring.

The girl is litteraly Rey but less cuntish. She got a deep emotional moment with the fat guy and then become a bit less of a cunt, I guess.

The assasin guy start to like the girl for no reason and can't kill the father because of that. Same thing for the robot. His jokes weren't even that funny.

>Baze and Chirut

Who?

>even the Pilot was likable

He was just another random character that had another heroic death.

The best character of the movie was the blind jedi and he was badly handled. He shouldn't have fought. Make him a mystic kind of character, maybe make him slightly help the good guy during the fights.

Also the final scene was dumb they should have shot at the rebel fleet instead of the archive.But they really had to destroy everything new the films introduced for some reason.

It was obvious they were all going to die. I noticed they were killing and destroying almost every news thing introduced in this movie. So when the characters started dying left, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.

A big part of the 'point' of Bodi (the defector pilot) is that he ISN'T heroic. He never did anything particularly bad in the Empire's name--he just drove a space-truck. But he assisted in the building of the most terrible weapon the Galaxy had ever seen and the guilt drives him to try and make amends, even though he isn't particularly brave or smart and has no superheroic abilities.

Bodi is essentially the same guy--another Imperial defector--as the informant that Cassian Andor coldly murders in his first scene. The way their relationship evolves is very important to showing how Cassian changes over the course of the movie.

>implying people didn't just like the darth vader scene at the end of the movie

Oh good, then I have no complaints about the film. Sure there were some kind of dumb parts (Forest Whitaker's death comes to mind) but nothing so bad it overwhelmed the good parts. It felt cozy, like reading an EU novel.

right back at ya champ

Bore One™