Now that the dust has settled can we admit we're dissappinted?

Now that the dust has settled can we admit we're dissappinted?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TdycuZq-1k0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not yet, most of Sup Forums is still in denial

You and my ded waifu bud

The real villain is Aku and Jack doesn't want to commit sudoku anymore. No point for The Omen to still be a thing.

no body no proof

>woah guys wtf? a nostalgia bait show is bad??!?!??!

Yikes, how old are you people?

This

Scaramouche came back and he's just a head

Even Demongo came back ffs

The difference is that Scaramouche is a robot and Demongo is a demon, a human can't survive an arrow going through the body.

No you fucking idiot.

What else were you expecting from the spirit? If you were expecting something else you're autistic.

I'd have to agree the past few episodes haven't been as great as the first three but it's not because of some stupid headcannons not becoming true it's for completely different reasons.

It's still good and plenty of us are excited to see what's next.

Maybe I could see the high priestess coming back. Her focus was divided with staving off Ashi and executing the Samurai. She was not committed to ending her daughter's life and wanted her to come back to the dark side.

If Ashi is the one to defeat Aku I'll try to remember the show never came back in the first place.

See ya next week for your autism fit.

fucking clockwork

>A prophet's worst fear is not being wrong, but being right

Holy shit he was right

>He was just a Shogun ghost who just so happens to follow around warriors until they kill themselves and collect their souls

Could have been fleshed out a bit more but I'll take it.

>predicting something obvious
Its true though. This show until has always been about Jack. Now a character shows up right at the end and is the reason he beats Aku?

You guys are disppointed cause you overhype the fuck out of it and made it something that couldnt have topped your standards

If you think about jack being haunted by failing the samurai code and the spirits of dead samurai telling him he should kill himself cause of his failure is pretty fucking horrifying, especially looking back at previous episodes

I'm have nothing against females, in fact I embrace them. But Ashi has been a detriment to the show. Everything other the Jack last episode was fucking shit.

I predict that Jack's father will help Jack destroy Aku just as he banished him before.

>Now a character shows up right at the end and is the reason he beats Aku?
Jack needed another person to help him find hope, he was not going to do that by his own.

Scotsman should be a better fighter and could have helped him. It would actually make more sense if all the people he helped showed up at the end to aid him.

Ashi should have at least commandeered a weapon and utilized her strengths speed and precision to defeat the enemy and not brute strength. Sure she was trained to be exceptionally strong but an assassin's main purpose is to strike from the shadows and then disappear

Nah

Human beings in the SJ universe are ridiculously fucking durable, especially combatants.

Jack needed something new and different, not an old friend, but a sign of new life. The essence of Ashli's character is that of a little plant springing from the ashes of a great fire. She's the signifier of rebirth.

How many of these threads are you contrarian spergs gonna make

Go outside, get some air, stop being so upset all the time

That whole fight was rather a disappointment.

She abandons the high ground where she could only be attacked by a handful of enemies at once, then is surprised when someone just goes around her and after their real target.

I am disappointed that finding the sword literally involved some bullshit "the power was always inside you" type nonsense.
It makes me worry that Jack will just slash the air and make his own portal back in time on the final episode because he realizes that his sword could always cut through time if he only BELIEVED IN HIMSELF enough.

I feel like I'm the only one who understands the Omen on this board. It's a spirit that comes to Samurai who have given up and failed and tries to guide them to Seppuku. Jack rekindling his hope means he conquered him even before he slashed him. He was not meant to be a physical threat but a character one, one that guides Jack down the wrong path.

The sword was half god powers and half "from within" to begin with.

I think it's totally building towards that with the final fight with Aku. Scotsman is putting together an army and the blind archers said they'd be glad to help Jack in whatever way possible.
Scotsman's army is totally going to contain those who Jack helped throughout the years.

> and half "from within"
since when?

Since the birth of evil where the 3 gods literally extracted the "human spirit" from within Jack's father?

He did what I was expecting to do.
But I would´ve liked to see a little talk about dishonorr and unacceptabru fairrure.

>Those fags who thought the Omen was gonna be Jack's Skullknight

Did you even watch the episode? The Gods gave him the sword back once he proved himself worthy.

Finding the sword involved overcoming the negative emotions which had consumed him for years and which were the reason he lost it in the first place.

>I'm have nothing against females, in fact I embrace them.
"Some of my best friends are black!"

kek

Futaba?

Daily reminder that Jack should've kept some beard and gotten a new outfit. He's fucking changed man.

think it was the lack of hope to go home to say fuck it may as well make the future better.

Nah, he was exactly what I expected.
Now the Priestess was a massive disappointment assuming that was the last we saw of her.

user it's cute that you think people complaining about ashi are Sup Forums but Sup Forums has always been full of spergs who cry when a woman is shown as an equal to a man

Yeah, the season has been horrific fanfiction. That's what you get when you let cultural marxism influence your script.

i don't have any friends, now what faggot?

>pic
Goes hand in hand with this.

>SUPERIOR COMIC VERSION
-Jack breaks the Sword
-God are pissed
-Has to prove himself to get the Sword back

>GENNDY LUCAS VERSION
-Jack loses sword because of neopets
-does fuck all for 50 years
-Drinks tea and gets sword back

Absolute Kino, how does Genndy do it?!

So, is it just people having shitty memory and completely neglecting that shit like the sword having divine connections always existed in the original show or is all this just newfag bandwagoners who never watched the original in the first place? I honestly can't tell anymore.

it;s not about believing in himself;
it's about balance

Jack's Ego had a shit end and should've been his own fight

Sword being made out of fucking righteousness was always a thing- really not surprised.
Just now I have to wonder if his Dad's sword fucked off and then they remade the sword with Jack's righteousness instead or if they took the sword for safe keeping and then just gave it back to him

Nah, it's the current best cartoon on TV by far and I'm enjoying every episode of it.

You can totally survive that. Depends what it hits, and there is a lot of non vital organs in a human body.
youtube.com/watch?v=TdycuZq-1k0

It wasn't overhype. It's Ashi, plain and simple.

Not if you knew what he was from the beginning.

No, I don't get butthurt when my headcanon is contradicted.

Why should I be disappointed? It's just as good as the original cartoon and has some of the best episodes yet. And fuck. It's still way better than anything else showing right now.

Was it the same thing with LOK? How long did the realization take?

I wasn't here back then, sadly.

Yes. And no.

Yes because if this show had been made by anyone but Gennedy I'm sure they could've given adequate weight and meaning to him.

No because it's fucking Gennedy. When has he EVER been able to deliver satisfying payoff OR engaging character development? He knows how to make a guy cut down enemies in an entertaining way, that's all he's good at, and not coincidentally that's when the show was at its best.

If you thought he'd handle Ashi's story with any bit of excellence you were just delusional.

That's because Sup Forums loves to nitpick on small things and blow them out of proportions. Most are bandwagoners that never watched the original anyway.
They even sperg out about the high priestess identity not being revealed even though the show never once hinted at it.

or being stabbed and untreated while unconscious under water and totally exhausted beyond the energy needed to swim.
oh wait, jack survived all that.
also, the humanity factor may not apply to her considering her age not hindering her and her claws.

>When has he EVER been able to deliver satisfying payoff
Watch Princess and the Bounty Hunters or Jack and the Lava Monster
>OR engaging character development
Scotsman. The two episodes where he goes out to retrieve Jack's memory developed his character into a loyal and courageous friend willing to risk his life for his friends and those he cares about, which we've also seen in this 5th season.
It's clear that either:
a) You never watched the original show and you're just moronically trying to sound like you know what you're talking about
b) You are simply baiting.
Either way, here's your (You), spend it wisely.

BTFO

have a (You), user

In Ashi's case my complaint has nothing to do with her being a woman.
If jack had pushed an entire army of guys like they were made of plastic I'd still call it out for looking dumb.
Ashi's battle would have been way better if she was more technical instead of herculean.
also, having an entire episode without jack was probably irritating to some(not me).
Where I will agree is that too much time was spent showcasing her being a badass(moltar scene comes to mind) after her redemption.
We've seen that she can hold her own and then some when she was evil, no point in further cementing that this late into the 10 episode limit.
>It's a jack sits down and drinks tea episode
>it's a Jackio is missing episode
>it's a jack is conveniently outmatched and held off-screen by furry children episode
I'm still loving the series and actually glad they gave jack a love interest I just wish they had more time to handle her character better.
also, she needs her weapon back.

calling all detractors Sup Forums and Sup Forums posters is the same as Sup Forums and Sup Forums looking for boogymen.
also, a complaint doesn't nessesarily mean the complainer hates the show as a whole.
some fanboys just see it as an attack on their holy grail and get defensive/jump to conclusions. There are definitely some people who hate her because she's a woman though, I agree, and it's dumb.

people don't always like what you do.
go outside if it bothers you.
or to a thread that praises what you like.

>No because it's fucking Gennedy. When has he EVER been able to deliver satisfying payoff OR engaging character development?

every work made by Gendy is like that, he is brilliant

>he never saw the episode with the ultra bits where jack prays and the gods give him extra power
it was always in him

>does fuck all for 50 years

Nowhere has it been said that he lost the sword right after the end of the last series.

It could be a year or so before season 5 picks up for all we know.