What is your honest opinion of Avatar?

What is your honest opinion of Avatar?

based.

I do not have opinions on things I did not see.

Love it. Yes I know it borrows from several sources and is a bit preachy but the effects still stand up and it had chacters you could relate to. Unlike shit wars.

The noble savage is a shitty trope but the movie was pretty aight

its a cartoon in every way

I agree. There's a reason it has the biggest box office ever. Just timeless themes and great effects makes one hell of an entertaining movie.

it sold tickets with the spectacle factor and not its merit

A-KOO-CHEE-MOY-YAH

>the white man is the only one capable of interstellar travel
What did Cameron mean by this?

>whitey tries to reason with the paleolithic alien savages instead of genociding them on the spot
But thats not evil at all this is racist fanfiction

Too boring. Couldn't finish watching it.

Boredom is a symptom of low attention span, low attention span is a symptom of infantilism, infantilism is a symptom of bad genes, bad genes are a symptom of delayed evolution.

It was alright. The kind of movie I wouldn't choose to watch on my own time but if it was on cable I'd flip it on.

Trash.

It's the most technically impressive absolutely MEH science fantasy adventure of all time

Completely forgettable. It was supposed to be a titan of special effects, and it may have been an incredible achievement, but lord of the rings did it better.

I liked it, watched it again just last weekend on mushrooms. Though it's really just a glorified CGI/mocap tech demo.

it's literally "dances with smurfs in space"
also, i didn't like how, at the end, luke died for no reason

The most boring, uninteresting and disappointing sci fi epic ever made

But the 3D was pretty good.

The humans should have won

Absolutely deserves to be the #1 movie of all time. Groundbreaking CGI, the best use of 3d of any movie I've seen, solid action, solid acting and characters, and an awesome original universe.

Now that Star Wars is self destructing the Avatar sequels are the only films I feel any hype for.

It was an alright movie. Not as bad or good as people say. It was pretty smart to have almost all the cgi and real actors not in the same scenes. I think it helped make the cgi look more realistic.

I unironically rooted for the humans and the colonel.

I love it. The design of the alien world, the reasonably realistic tech without laser pewpew garbage, the vehicles and aircrafts, the spaceship. That fucking spaceship is just awesome.
The final battle is 10/10.

It has amazing action sequences and watching this IMAX 3D was definitely an experience

10/10 best film all time

>abatap