Reverse Flash/Zoom feels kind of like a jobber

Reverse Flash/Zoom feels kind of like a jobber.

>Wally chased him down and beat the snot out of him after he killed Wally's kids.
>Inertia Fucked him up and took his powers
>Cheetah teamed up with him but they got their shit kicked in by Flash/Wonder Woman
>Thomas Wayned killed him hella easily int he alternate timeline
>Barry Allen broke his neck and killed him before Crisis on Infinite Earths

Other urls found in this thread:

incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/wine-glass-with-straw-583x595.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're mixing up Zoom and Professor Zoom here. And Inertia is also a Reverse Flash.

A lot of mistakes in one post even though you've posted a page from the comic that distinguished between the two of them with "Zoom" in their title. Very odd behavior.

And I guess most importantly villains can't "job". Their narrative function in the DCU is ultimately to fail. Even when they get a win it's not the climax of the story and they will lose in the end.

People still call Professor Zoom just Zoom.

Yes but the problem is that you listed feats that apply to multiple characters and made it sound like one guy. I think the first three are Zolomon and the last two are Eobard Thawne?

HE SAW GOD HE SAW GOD user that makes him cool

IT WAS ME BARRY! I WAS THAT FEEL!

Wally has never beaten the snot out of Zoom. After he aborted Linda he got his ass kicked, stole Jesse's speed, then barely matched him before shoving him into a tear in the timeline to beat him.

Inertia was stupid, agreed.

Bad guys lose. Flash also beat powered up Cheetah rather easily once the comic wound down.

Thomas Wayne killed Thawne. Yes it was bullshit.

Being killed by your equal when you're distracted is not jobbing.

Well Zoom does tends to job a lot when he the Flash books, he got caught by Wonder Woman, punched by Superman, and got hit by stick thrown by Liberty Bell.

We're at like the 6th version of him now

could reverse flash support his own comics. i feel likes he's more interesting than most superheros

> "I only know about Flash from YouTube channels":The Post

Eobard can't but Zolomon has a lot of personal stuff to expand upon. Johns was actually building up to something interesting through Hunter's ex-wife Ashley but all of it got axed in favor of Wally's twins.

>>Wally chased him down and beat the snot out of him after he killed Wally's kids.

This never happened. Wally can't do shit to Hunter without help.

>>Inertia Fucked him up and took his powers
Because Hunter was dumbass enough to teach a Thawne about his own power.

>>Cheetah teamed up with him but they got their shit kicked in by Flash/Wonder Woman

It wasn't that simple either.

>>Thomas Wayned killed him hella easily int he alternate timeline

That's Eobard Thawne, not Hunter Zolomon.

>>Barry Allen broke his neck and killed him before Crisis on Infinite Earths

Again, that's Eobard Thawne, not Hunter Zolomon.

Eobard is a really shallow character. As much as we are amused by him a story told from his perspective would get repetitive fast. He works as a villain because he only shows up every now and then.

OP feels kind of like a retard.

Every time I see the thumbnail I think it's a Frank edit.

Kind of off topic, but I'll use this as a Flash thread.

Why do so many Wally fans hate Barry Allen? He seems like a good dude, and I just don't understand why they are so mad at him?

Wallyfag here.
Barry wasn't really hated or even disliked until The Flash:Rebirth happened.
For context, most of the things that people like about the Flash, like the speed force or Zoom's pettiness or the "friendly rivalry" relationship that he has with his Rogues, came from Wally. Like how most of what people like about the X-Men came from the 70's revival of the comic. In that context, Barry and the Silver Age X-Men were mostly just footnotes. You'd regard Barry in the same way you would regard the Alan Scott or Jay Garrick comics from the 40's. Might be fun to go back and read, but not quite as interesting as what the series has evolved into.
Rebirth is what put Wally out of the spotlight, and stopped the franchise from progressing. Barry had been dead for two decades in a great send-off, and Wally West had been accepted as a worthy successor to the mantle both in universe and out of the universe for many years. He was well established and popular enough to the point that most adaptations, proposed and otherwise, used Wally as the Flash, with Barry as a background character.

Then Wally just stopped appearing in comics, as if he never existed. Barry took the main role again, and the series became about him. In the New 52, Wally West was erased from existence for five years, and Barry was beginning to get Wally's traits and characteristics grafted onto him. The down-to-earth, lax member of the Justice League. In the TV show, this also applied.
So there's a bit of resentment towards the character, as a result of editorial actions.

No one hates Barry. We hate DC higher-ups for favoring Barry to the detriment of all other speedsters (including Wally).

All this all could have been avoided since Johns had plans to give everyone some focus but DC forced a reboot before they could happen.

>Wally chased him down and beat the snot out of him after he killed Wally's kids.
I don't recall it going down like that, Wally himself said even with himself juiced up from Jesse Quick, Zoom was still a barely visible blur.
Wally only "won" because the convenient time fractures created by his powers helped lock him in stasis.

That was more saving grace than jobbing, though the defeat had its irony so it wasn't disappointing.

Very well-put.

I actually liked how he had a different powerset from the standard Flash speed force. Stealing speed didn't mean shit to him.

Johns had left the book after Rogues War. He just wanted to end on a more upbeat note with Wally and the twins. You can blame a lot of that on the scheduling for IC and 52.

>Reverse Flash/Zoom feels kind of like a jobber
Because he can't really go around messing with the past too much, he's meant to be a dick who can't kill too often, besides if the flash or anyone else wanted him dead all they'd have to do is get a blood sample, find out his DNA heritage, and get rid of his bloodline in the present.

Is he a jobber, yes but only because he is limited on how much he can fuck things up, he could destroy the world if he wanted but he doesn't want to destroy himself.

Which is why you need someone who is adept at destroying timelines, destroying everything over petty whims.

You need someone who is literally their own worst enemy, who embodies their own fatalistic drives that veer into madness.

You need pic related.

Fake News.

>messing with the past too much
Wait i thought we were talking about Zolomon not Thawne? Shit this is getting confusing.

>You can blame a lot of that on the scheduling for IC and 52.

Waid could have also followed up those plot points. Instead he tried to rip off from Incredibles.

>Because he can't really go around messing with the past too much

Hunter can't time travel dude.

If Zoom could time travel he wouldn't have to bother with fighting Wally in the first place you dolt.

Nothing Johns would've planned would've fixed it. You can't bring Barry back without it undermining Wally. His existence makes Wally's irrelevant. Kind of like how we are now. You can't do much with Wally because everything "The Flash" belongs to Barry.

>This never happened
Except that it did. Read comics more, post less

Regardless of whether it was intentional or not, Waid had one of the most incompetent editors at DC on his back. It's no wonder the book was awful and he was crying about how DC screwed him.

Maybe you should go read. Wally never beats up Zolomon. Everytime they fought Zolomon absolutely wrecked his shit and Wally barely scraped by due to circumstance.

Didio is the one who told him to do The Incredibles thing but Didio wasn't his active editor on the book.

I think even Johns realized this which is why he left after the reboot.

The problem is DC trashed those plans before FP. Remember his plans were for a double Flash book after FLASH REBIRTH with a Kid Flash book by one of his friends. It's pretty clear like Waid they made him a bunch of promises to get him on the book that they had no intention of keeping.

JUST KISS HIM ALREADY

christ I'm tired of Zolomon and his yandere bullshit. Thawne too, really. The evil speedsters all suck because they only happen to Flash. An evil twin story's cool once in a while but it's all the flashes ever get anymore.

Who are you? Who the Fuck are you?

WHO ARE YOU? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

>No one hates Barry
Bullshit good sir

Really? I have seen three different takes of what happened:

Your version:

There is also the story where he was promised full creative freedom, but DC reneged as soon as he accepted and he was about to ragequit, but the editor begged him to stay on for the first story or she'd get reamed by higher ups. Similar to what happened to Johns.

And one where he accepted and DC paired him with a shitty editor to screw him over.

OP has gotten Zoom and Professor Zoom mixed up.

He did in the Flash: Fastest Man Alive series, but that entire book was garbage.

Basically they are the same person.

Where are you based?

laughed harder than I should have

Who is this supposed to be?

They're not even remotely the same person. How much Flash have you read?

no they are not
Thawne i was scientist from the future with an insane obsession for the Flash (Barry) that even got speed powers by recreating Barry's accident and he then went to the past but in that his obsession turn into hate after he discovered he was destined to be killed by his own hero.
Zolomon was a detective that ruined his own life by making mistake in a case out of pride and then after getting crippled by grodd he tried to get help from Flash (Wally) who were friends at the time, tried to convince him to use the cosmic treadmile to change his past but Wally told him it was too much of a risk, he then attempted to use the treadmill himself and blew up on his face giving him the power to chose at what speed he moves through time.
Thawne is entirely motivated by hate, Zolomon on other hand wants Wally to become a better hero by putting him through tragedy, we even see him doing this to other heroes beside the flash because he wants heroes to be better.
Even their powers are different Thawne has basically Barry's power and he has his own speed force, meanwhile Zolomon's power is about time manipulation rather than kinetic energy, he is separated from the regular timeline just enough to chose how fast he moves through time though he is still anchored to the present.
They are not the same character at all.

You mixed together two people, you idiot. Start reading comics and stop using Wikipedia.

No he didn't. Wally's wins against Zolomon were always edge-outs. He's never beaten him one-sidedly. Zoom is literally time manipulative to a level that exceeds most Speedforce.

>pic on the left
Eobard Thawne the Professor Zoom, mad scientist from the future obsessed with ruining the life of the second Flash (Barry Allen), he basically has the same powers as Barry.

>on the right
Hunter Zolomon aka Zoom, detective and close friend of the third flash (Wally West), after getting crippled by gorilla Grodd and trying to use the cosmic treadmill without Flash help, he becomes a time based speedster called Zoom and gets obsessed with making heroes better to prevent that someone else end like him.

ups meant to respond to this post

Doesn't Zolomon just want speed, to be the fastest man alive by far over anyone? That he goes after other speedsters to steal their speed?

That's TV Zolomon. In the comics he just wants to put people through hell to make them better heroes. He's angry and driven mad by the bad things that happened to him.

Both Gorilla Grodd and Professor Zoom were ranked as better villains by IGNin their Top 100 villains list.

TV zolomon is just a speed junkie and a murderer psychopath
Comics Zolomon used to a good guy who got his life fucked over by villains.
Also TV Zoom was fucking boring in comparison, read the Blitz miniseries now that is a good Flash story.

IGN knows as much about comics as they know about videogames

Okay, but how's that relevant to anything?

It's an unbiased third party source from a legitimate and respected publication.

>Gaming journalism
>respected

I guess I'm just wondering what you're getting at. Are you arguing the others are better villains than Zoom is? Are you talking about their comics incarnation or TV selves?

I think it's a mix of 2 and 3. DC promised him creative control, Didio pitched the Incredibles idea, but DC pulled the rug on him before he finished his first script.Which pissed him off into quitting but being forced to write 6 pages because he was friends with his editor -- said editor begged him to do at least six so they wouldn't get fucked for breach of contract.

There's also stuff about their artist bailing on them so everything was way behind schedule, which is why the Wild Wests also have all those backups -- everything was a rush job so they needed two artists to get the book out on time, so Waid was forced to write two stories for two different artists.

Waid got fucked six ways to Sunday on that book. He did say he was disappointed himself because the entire situation -- artist troubles, bad original pitch, not getting to do what he wanted -- ended up with him turning out subpar work he wasn't happy with.

What kind of weird troll are you?

>unbiased
>third party
>legitimate
>respected
>publication
>IGN

Here's your (You)

Don't even watch the show anymore but boy do I love reverse flash memes.

Zoom isn't the meme, though. That's only Thawne.

I feel like Thawne is a better villain though.

Thawne's better for (you)s and stupid memes but Zolomon is a way better developed and executed character.

All the IT WAS ME crap came from a garbage book that people mocked. That normies latched onto the memes and now like it isn't a sign of quality.

Well Thawne has embraced his villainous nature and his methods are often complex and cruel.
Zolomon isn't trying to be a villain, he's trying to make selfless heroes. His methods are also usually simple and to the point.

Why doesn't Solomon just be a hero? Couldn't he beat up most of the DC villains and be a member of the JLA A-Team?

Because he went nuts and has been twisted by hurt and rage.

Because he wants his normal life back. His goal is to get Wally to time travel to fix his life. It's important that Zolomon can't time travel on his own for that reason.

I don't 100% trust you. If I was operating a winery and tasting room, I wouldn't't give you a regular wine glass, I would give you something like this so that my customers didn't have to drink out of the same glass as you.

incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/wine-glass-with-straw-583x595.jpg

For Zoom it's kind of a Mr Freeze thing where he has one all time GREAT story and no one can really capture it.

Professor Zoom/Thawne is shit but something in the pettiness makes him stick. And Return of Barry Allen is amazing and S1 of Flash used Thawne pretty well so no bad characters and all.

Zolomon is so great he became a real life villain to Wally in the form of Johns and he is winning

Aside from the fact that OP is a retard, what exactly does ZOOM do when he's not fucking with the Flash?
Does he have a life outside of villany? I know the rogues do.

Nope, only fucking with Barry/Wally through time.

Used to be a thief to be rich in the future, then a drug dealer in the 70's, but after Johns it's just Barry.

What was this even supposed to convey?

I'm talkin' Hunter Zoom, not Eobard.
Thanks for the info though.

He fucked with the JSA that one time. Otherwise he's usually frozen/lost in time when he's not fucking with Wally.

If you mean Thawne, usually dead. Or captured.

Oh him. Nope either.

His whole existence is to teach Wally how to be a better hero by force. He doesn't exist without Wally. Though Wally is back so Hunter might come back.

I don't see how Hunter comes back unless he gets a Thawne style zap. Hunter's life doesn't even exist without Wally becoming the main Flash for awhile.

Rebirth is supposed to be set after John's Rebirth stuff and sort of when Flashpoint happens/happened just with everyone forgetting those years or those certain moments.

So Hunter can still be alive as a normal person or Stuck out of time like Thawne was.

Thawne wasn't stuck out of time. He was in the New 52. He just got a magic zap that returned his memories and powers.

I meant in Flashpoint he was Stuck out of time.

man I don't even know what Barry's personality is supposed to be