youtube.com/watch?v=0vUc17A0SNY
youtube.com/watch?v=2vOg0HyJpvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cringing
yeah maybe h3h3productions is more your speed

you just don't get it man, let it go

I want to
S1 was pretty good

youre probably in the shit bit where lynch wasnt working on it, dont worry he comes back & the end of s2 is better than anything in s1, then watch fire walk with me q2 and s3 for a mind altering kinoxperience

season 1: kino
season 2, ep1-9: kino
season 2, ep10-21: trash, picks up a bit towards the end
season 2 finale: KINO
fire walk with me: KINO
season 3: KINO

season 2 is good and there is no quality dip. fire walk with me is not good.

Ed and norma best romance arc

i don't get fwwm :(

What don't you get about it? It's remarkably straightforward.
You can look at all the supernatural elements as her just trying to cope with the trauma of being fucked by her father since she was 12.

I don't know it just doesn't flow with me. I liked a lot the beginning with the feds, but after that it just leaves me alienated.

Old fag here. No it wasn't thought of as funny. Most people were confused by it.

Like a lot of David Lynch stuff, it's melodramatic. And the stuff in this particular show is copied over from how soaps arrange their B-plots. The relationship between Andy and Lucy (and later on, Dick) is farcical. It's a silly, stupid version of what you would see on a late '80s soap. Except the characters actually have more depth and personality than major soap characters, which is a joke because they're so minor and relatively unimportant.

Season 2 is worth it just for the last episode of the season. Also, S3 is pure, unfiltered kino.

I stopped watching it after the sootfaced hobos showed up and don't regret it a bit.

As expected of a brainlet.

The ending of S3 was beyond amazing. Brutal cold shit.

>special effects are shit
>plotting is awful
>characterisation is empty
>bad acting almost universally
>shot poorly
>brainlets think it's kino because muh experimental and muh weird

You sound like a Rick and Morty fan.

LYNCHED

I can feel the effects being shit because things feeling out of place or just wrong is scary according to the human brain

That's a cheap excuse. I'm going to apply it to the prequels now to troll people.

Otis Redding's "I've Been Loving You" playing during their reunion was the best part of the return.
youtube.com/watch?v=0vUc17A0SNY

The movie and Season 3 have less of the stupid humour / soap opera bullshit, if you're wondering.

Did you watch seasons one and two before watching FWWM. If you haven't watched the show first then everything unrelated to the FBI part in the beginning won't make sense.

You missed the nuclear bomb :(

A soap opera that just has incredibly bizarre shit happen so people can claim that it's arty and deep. But in reality, it's no more deep or interesting than the Young and the Restless or any other shitty soap opera of its day.

I watched about 12 episodes into seasons 1, then I just got the feeling I was being trolled by Sup Forums to watch more. If the first 12 are shit, surely it doesn't get better.

The only bits that were interesting were FBI-guy's dream sequences.... and even then they were few and far between.

I didn't. It reminded me of WMP visuals with no purpose for it going on so long.

ERASERHEAD OR NOTHING

I got pulled into the meme too. I was expecting shit to get mega-weird in Season 1 and 2, but they really don't, apart from a few key moments. Then the show turned into literal soap opera garbage.

The final episode of Season 2 and the movie, as well as all of Season 3, are when shit hits the fan and it becomes 80% surrealist kino.

Fire Walk With Me and season 3 is basically Twin Peaks when David Lynch has complete creative control. Lynch only directed 6 out of 30 episodes of the original series and had nothing to do with the show creatively after Laura's killer was revealed.

This. I remember watching the show and wondering how it got this reputation. It was quirky, and comfy, but nothing that was mind blowing... then I got to the last episode and my mind was literally fucking blown.

Best scene in the original series.
youtube.com/watch?v=2vOg0HyJpvI

>namefag has stupid opinion
Wow, who could have possibly guessed?
namefags and tripfags will both be tossed into the fires when the day comes

It really makes trudging through that other garbage in Season 2 worth it. I thought the reputation of the movie and the finale was a meme, and they weren't really that good, but boy oh fucking boy was I wrong.

Good counterpoint.

stop using a name.

it's making you look bad.

Counterpoint to what? Nothing in that post worth a shit.
>with no purpose for it going on so long
Literally a teenager could understand the "purpose" of this episode.

There are two types of people in this world, those who think that a Jackson Pollock painting isn't art, and those that do. But realistically, if you're comparing the nuclear bomb sequence to a Jackson Pollock painting or just "random visuals" for the sake of random, you will never understand art or a painting ever.

After Laura's killer is revealed it's perfectly okay to skip the rest of the episodes and go straight to the finale. Also I'm pretty sure Lynch disagreed with the interpretation that Leland was possessed and innocent of rapping and killing his own daughter. Leland acted like an asshole to his daughter in FWWM even during the scenes where he wasn't being fully controlled by BOB.

Fuck I meant raping. I hate that I can't edit on this site.

Literally ??

Okay, go for it dog.

I get the storytelling component of splitting the atom and what that does. But it having a very basic meaning explored for five horribly boring and visually simplistic minutes is not good.

It's a story; told literally through silent images. It shows the summoning of an ancient evil through a nuclear explosion and shows a girl getting possessed by said evil, It also shows the creation of the main antagonists of the whole series. I know nobody explained the entire episode at the end in an exposition drop, so it can be hard for the mentally slow to understand.

Also, kys namefag nobody cares who you are. Stop being such a faggot.

How did you put up with Young and the Restless tier soap opera shit for so long.... I found myself literally doing something else most of the time it was on. Maybe there's a payoff later on, but I can't sit through 40 hours of shit to get there.

Is starting with Season 3 or the movie recommended?

I honestly love David Lynch movies and I really hoped to like this. But growing up in the late 80s and 90s, my mom loved that soap opera shit and it's literally the *exact* same brand of garbage.

I actually lost a lot of respect for Lynch when I really had this notion that he was a modern surrealist master. But I came to understand that Twin Peaks was probably his training wheels before he fully learned his craft.

Wow that justifies it being meandering and pointless when I got the point immediately. And that evil finds its way towards the creation of BOB? Wow. So evil. So impressive. A guy who rapes and murders on a small scale brought into exist by a nuclear bomb. My mind is so blown rn

>meandering and pointless
>pointless
Nigger are you dense? The point is to tell a story.
>meandering
Imagine being such a child that you can't spend 5 minutes looking at visuals without feeling bored. I bet you have your phone out when you watch movies.

The visuals stopped being interesting almost immediately. And you're deluding yourself into liking this crap solely because of who made it. That's sad.

No, you're just stupid. Not like me, I use a name on an anonymous image board for attention. It is very important to me that strangers know which posts are mine.

Damn skippy. And now morons can do my job for me by derailing threads I don't like instead of discussing the merits of what the thread is about.

>The visuals stopped being interesting almost immediately.
Yes, you have the attention span of a child, we get it.
>And you're deluding yourself into liking this crap solely because of who made it. That's sad.
>Everyone that doesn't agree with me is deluded!
Is irony entirely lost on you?

I love anal. I just hate Lynch.

Stop ripping off RLM making fun of millennials. It's sad.

>approaching experimental art through preconceived notions like 'good speshul affecs' and 'oscar wurfy accing'
brainlet

Honestly what bothers me about Lynch is the lack of black men in his stories. How is my wife's son going to relate to this material?

Not OP, but I just started this, I’m about 4 episodes in and fucking addicted. The show is weird as fuck and I feel like some things may have gone over my head as I wasn’t paying 100% attention in the last episode, but so far it’s been pure kino. I’m gonna be sad once I finish this show

this is the most accurate thing i've ever seen posted on this forum

>Stop ripping off RLM making fun of millennials.
Nary a genuine nor original thought in your head.

>it's experimental so it's good!
It incorporates the elements I brought up, so those elements are relevant. Pretending otherwise is childishly ignorant. "That's not the point!" is a stupid thing to say.

Also, this. He's also sexist, which is not even noteworthy. But he makes great stuff. This just isn't one of them.

>he didnt like the civil war sub-plot

this is why you are an incel.

its experimental so you should try and use your little brainlet brain to understand why the acting is 'bad' (some of the acting is in fact very good btw) and why the special effects 'dun luk gud'

>Yes, you have the attention span of a child, we get it.
Such an original comment. Definitely not something RLM jokes about constantly. Same thing with the phone meme. You're avoiding discussion of Twin Peaks because you have nothing to say. Good job.

Those are cheap defences. I will now use those to defend the bad acting and lousy effects in the prequels to troll people.

>How did you put up with Young and the Restless tier soap opera shit for so long...
Do it for Cooper!
Honestly, I think most people watching it now know going in that there's a rough patch you have to get through. And Lynch only directed a few episodes, and it's really obvious when him or frost are in the drivers seat, and all the lynch episodes are 10/10.
I know I made a point to not binge watch it, only one or two episodes at a time, then a few days in between. The bullshit sub plots also have a pretty great payoff in the last episode where Lynch wraps everything up in a very neat and satisfying bow.
Also the show was parodying those prime time soaps more than just a little.
I would absolutely not recommend FWWM until you've finished the original run of the series.
It's worth it user
I'll see you in the trees.

>even caring about the prequels
>mentioning star wars
just proves you're a brainlet

TAR WUHRZ

i doubt you could argue it convincingly whereas with twin peaks you can because (wow!) its actually intentional

the finale you noob idiot

>season 1: kino
>season 2, ep1-9: kino
>season 2, ep10-21: trash, picks up a bit towards the end
>season 2 finale: KINO
>fire walk with me: KINO
>season 3: PURE M A K U

>star wars shitposter
>gets lynched
Everything checks out

Honestly it's not that bad. Never seen a soap opera in my life, I found most of it pretty funny. If you're at "that" spot in Season 2 after Leland dies, you can just skip to episode 20 and start watching, for the god tier finale. Then watch the movie and Season 3. If you like Lynch at his weirdest then S3 and the movie will scratch that itch, because it focusses solely on the disturbing / supernatural aspect of the show.

>Twin Peaks was probably his training wheels before he fully learned his craft
Wrong, it was like that because of television restrictions at the time, plus he only directed like 6 episodes of the first 2 seasons. The movie adresses this, it literally starts with footage of a TV being smashed.

>Maybe there's a payoff later on
You don't even know...
But it's the kind of thing best approached without expectations

That's why I said 6 out of 30. If Lynch had nothing to do with the finale then I would have said 5 out of 30. But I guess to be more specific I should have said that he had nothing to do with the show after Laura's killer was revealed except for the finale.

>Also the show was parodying those prime time soaps more than just a little
I wouldn't say parodying, it was a little too sincere at times. Rather it was taking a really fucked up surrealist TV show and wrapping it up in an intriguing soap opera / murder mystery type show to reel in the masses.

Maybe parody is a little too strong, but they definitely poke fun at it. You can't tell me that pic related wasn't a tongue in cheek meta-joke.
After watching FWWM though it really makes you reframe the show, and makes everyone look like assholes, or at least inhabited by the collective denial.
I never really gave a shit about Laura Palmer until FWWM and then you really really care about her, and it makes Coop's coffee and cherry pie bullshit just look like idle time being wasted while this open festering wound is right out there in the open for everyone to see.
And it makes sense since BOB and the weird shit with laura is her way of hiding in denial.
The people in twin peaks are weird because they've all chosen to buy into this collective fantasy where mystical owls and hellmouths in the woods are a better option than dealing with the terrible shit going on around them.

One thing I like about the series is the supernatural stuff is both a metaphor for Laura's denial / the way she interprets her abuse, as well as a real force in the context of the lore. Season 3 handled it really well.

I'm still processing fire walk with me, looking forward to finally getting into season 3, but not just yet.
I just watched it last week, and it's still messing with me. What I like that it did was make bob look less like some invading spirit that absolves leland of guilt, and more like a manifestation darkness that was already there.
And when Leland recognizes bob on the flyer, his story of how he knows him sounds a lot like he got taken behind the toolshed and diddled when he was a kid. And that trauma is where Bob came from. Bob inhabiting laura would be her fully succumbing to that, and being a vehicle to pass more of that psycho-sexual abuse along.
I do like how they play with it being one, or the other, or both at the same time.