Dumbing of Age

Tonight's comic.

This is a valid comic discussion thread. Mod approved.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/7Hawn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The second April bonus strip

So, I haven't been all that caught up. Is she insane now?

Becky or Robin?

Either way, the answer was probably always yes.

How do you get mod approved and what was wrong with the last one?

Phew, what a roller coaster.

Anyway, about this meeting. It either had to go this way or with them being so oblivious of their own speech quirks that they hate the others'.

But I get the feeling Robin is still one of Willis' faves along with Becky, so having them get along makes more sense.

The way they talk is obnoxious, though. Doesn't feel genuine at all.

>what was wrong with the last one?

Yeah, who the fuck knows.

This one made me smile.

I think there could be room for character work in the non-genuine way they talk. Becky does it as a form of subconscious rebelling against her strict, homeschooled upbringing but only has outdated and out-of-touch parodies and references to work with while Robin is basically "How do, potential youth vote?" done for so long she has trouble breaking the habit.

Those fucking Star Wars posters

Would have been better if Malaya had just reacted wordlessly. Her eyes opening wider, or jaw dropping.

I think the joke Willis has been trying to make is that Malaya is oblivious to Marcie's lust for her and has no feelings to requite in return. Basically, expect a repeat of that time Becky kissed Joyce, but instead of running out of the room in tears and booty-shorts, Marcie will just rape Malaya instead.

No idea, but it's probably best that we don't discuss it at length.

Also,

It's Ben Stiller, right? I'm not the only person who sees Ben Stiller?

Recycing from the last thread: Lesie. For the last time: if you want Robin gone, then CALL the fucking cops!

Gonna do a Cerb-style breakdown of my thoughts.

1. Posters are still drawn horribly. Why doesn't Robin care enough about Leslie having guests to put pants on? Even booty shorts or something. Half-hearted "office" sign verges on funny.

2. WTF is Robin looking at on her phone?

3. Becky's face isn't melting through her hair. Is Willis okay? Becky loses intelligence with every word she speaks.

4. Willis is trying to be funny. It isn't working.

5. Becky has a good point. Robin is stupid and undeserving of her job.

Huh. About the same as usual in terms of complaints.

I like how thoroughly Marcie thought about this with her notes. Also, they said she was supposed to be nude, so why did they put a towel on her?

Also, she's gonna get paid like $60 for this. Totally worth it if you hydrate properly and take a break halfway through. I got out of getting totally naked because I was on my period, so I just wore a bikini. Ended up not adjusting my weight properly and almost passed out. Didn't get invited back, but it was still not too bad.

Also, Malaya's shirt looks like something I would wear. Interesting.

File no longer exists.

imgur.com/a/7Hawn

I found Malaya's art piece.

Oh, I SO want to see the comments section react to this.

No, the joke is that Malaya either doesn't see nude life model drawing as sexual in the least or she simply isn't attracted to Marcie.

You think any of them will notice that Marcie took advantage of her disability to perform a con?

Oh, they'll notice. They just won't CARE.

You can. I literally posted it an hour or so ago.
No one really cared.

Give it time.

Is that actually how becky introduces herself? Willis does realize that sexuality isn't really a personality characteristic, right? His audience does realize that that is literally sexual objectification, right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Baby gays say that to everyone they encounter, according to Willis.

Willis believes that this is how all people deal with the starting stages of homosexual identity awakening. He's wrong and dumb tho.