This is terrible, i didn't know grant Morrison had taken the sjw pill so hard or am i just missing his amazing subtext

this is terrible, i didn't know grant Morrison had taken the sjw pill so hard or am i just missing his amazing subtext

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-wave_feminism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i just missing his amazing subtext

its grant morrison so probably

I know it, what is it?

I heard he was basing it off of the ideology of the original writer. Whom was a crazy feminist with an BDSM fetish.

You must be super easy to trigger if you think it's that bad

Male feminist at that.

No wonder woman is so shit.

not bad in the sjw way just badly written, maybe i like the azzarello wonder women or the George perez version

I really liked it. Making Steve Trevor black was great cause of all the bondage stuff. Low hanging fruit, I know, but I laughed. And the art is amazing

>i like the azzarello wonder women
So you just have terrible taste.

agree the art is amazing
what was wrong with his run?

Why doesn't she have decent villains?

Don't you fucking dare say any of the greek pantheon bullshit Sup Forums. It's overplayed.

>Making Steve Trevor black
Seriously no reason for this

Cheetah

If anything even vaguely feminist is going to make you froth like a developmentally-challenged baboon, Wonder Woman probably isn't for you.

The perverted psycho midget.

>Poison
>Cyber
>Cheetah
The problem is she doesn't have any good stories.

its more the third wave feminist that i hate, i always loved ww because she stood for true equality not just girls. she even treated her enemies with compassion and was ready to learn from men and women. this shit is only women can make good decisions and all men are evil shit.yes i know some one is going to bring up the broken neck thing

No one uses her villains outside the Pantheon very often; it's much like Superman's issue with people only wanting to use Luthor regularly but worse.

Don't act like WW:EO is anything more than your basic WW origin retelling with a few superficial alterations. There is a reason why no one really talks about it.

Egg Fu

Clazy Amelicans don't know 'bout Egg Fu.

Earth 0 Wondy needs more content. Book 1 was very much just getting Diana off the island and relating the concept to the reader. We get what's going on now, so it's time for Grant to deliver it to us.

Of course, though, dude's fucking busy. He's got Multiversity Too on his plate as well, plus desperately trying to get a live action adaptation of something of his off the ground.

Outside of Marston, whose feminism must be viewed in light of his fetishism, WW's primarily expressed feminism has been post 2nd wave or third wave. Quit confusing 3rd wave with modern feminism, 3rd wave more or less died during the late 90s.

Everyone after Perez kept tossing that salad and trying to introduce their own villains rather than take a page from the Batman playback and increase exposure of existing villains until people cease to question what makes them good.

I think you just got a bad case of mental retardation, OP.

sorry i though third wave is the feminism crazies practice now.

Motherfucking Angle Man

Marston made her as Female SUPERIORITY not as equality. quit twisting the facts to suit your agenda

Apparently fourth wave does exist, and we can thank social media for it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-wave_feminism

sorry man i never read marston
i started reading at George perez

Third wave rose about as a counter to the issues plaguing 2nd wave, in particular sex-negativity and a white, middle-to-upper class narrative. It took heavily from the punk and DIY subcultures and was grounded in intersectionality; it's downfall was that a lot of its messages were co-opted and commercialized as "girl power" by mass media.

>until people cease to question what makes them good.
To this day I fail to see what Ventriloquist brings to the table as a recurring villain.

Ventriloquist dummys freak me out

A speech impediment

Being feminist was quite frankly the least of that guy's issues.

>Don't you fucking dare say any of the Greek pantheon bullshit Sup Forums. It's overplayed.

So are crazies from Arkham but Batman still keeps on trucking

>grant Morrison had taken the sjw pill so hard
But they hate it. Remember that reviewer that was so assblasted that she posted tons of spoilers and had to take the whole thing down because DC flipped out?

Oh fuck off. Azzarello's run was the best thing ever happened to WW.

Angle Man would be better as a Flash rogue IMO.

remember it was written by a white cis male so they hated it before it was thought up

Let me guess, they don't like the bondage?

This is why you should never try to satisfy them - nothing will be ideologically pure enough, and in bastardizing your work to try to suit them, you'll alienate others.

new feminists hated it cause it was sexual, real feminists liked it cause it was sex positive.

There is a very easy way to tell who is actually a real feminist and who is just making noise

Yeah man Telltale really knows how it's done.

>He's got Multiversity Too on his plate as well, plus desperately trying to get a live action adaptation of something of his off the ground.
Man, I love Morrison's work, but I have zero idea how you'd get any of his more interesting work adapted to the screen.

i like how it changed her origin story, it made sense because the clay thing never did

They're all real. Quit with the No True Scotsman.

You don't adapt the script, just use the comic as a storyboard and trim as littke as possible from the story. It's going to be off kilter and that's the charm, hyper condensed storytelling with an over the top storyline. If you try to make it straight forwarded, you're doing it wrong,

they are all really annoying

The clay origin makes sense for a couple reasons actually. There's precedence in Greek Mythology and more importantly it was likely done to further the ideology of the series and character.

Ares is unironically Wonder Woman's most iconic villain. If the average person knows ANY Wonder Woman villain, it's either him or Cheetah, or possibly Giganta. And neither of those two villains can carry a storyline/event the way Ares can. You may not like it, but it's the plain truth.

Not to mention that as War/Dominance/Masculine, he's her natural opposite. It works thematically in the same way Batman/Joker works as Order/Chaos.

dont forget the big confusing ending if it doesnt get cancelled by then

i guess but i like how she is Zeus's kid

This

I like how the current run is treating Ares. There's a whole bunch of shit attacking Diana but it's clearly secondary to Ares himself. I'd like Ares to be even more threatening really, he should be to her what Darkseid is to Superman

doesn't work in this case because one type of feminist ends up working against their own interests.

That's one of the things I hated about Azzarello's run and part of what made it feel like a Greek mythology fanfiction rather than a WW story to me.

Which is why we're likely going to get fucking Happy of all things.

Like, shit, even Kill Your Boyfriend would be a more interesting thing to adapt.

is there any runs where she just goes on fun, inconsequential adventures and helps people out?

Being shitty doesn't mean you don't have to count them, it means you gotta own the fact that they're a problem.

Joss Whedon?

Cheetah could easily carry a storyline, it's just that most writers go for a civilization/savagery dynamic with her and Diana and that is rather limiting. Focusing on Cheetah as essentially an evil Lara Croft or the fact that she's basically an avatar for a Lovecraftian deity would get much better traction.

It just lacked content, but I liked the way he crafted it with Pacquette. It was a hundred times better than whatever bland shit Rucka has been writing, and to think year one was going to be his earth one.

>Stop hating every Nazi because of the few bad ones. They aren't real Nazis.

I used to go to a bar where this 90 year old former Nazi drank. I was the only one who would sit down and talk with him. The guy was like 13 or 14 when he first joined the army in Germany and was captured one of his first outings. Didn't hate him, Sup Forums says worse things about jews and other races. At least the guy was intelligent and well read.

>we will never get Mark Millar's Rape of Wonder Woman

its that alan moores thing

I can imagine it being something Moore muttered under his breath when he was in earshot of Millar, and Millar thought it was the hypest shit ever and ran as fast as a Scot's ever run before to his computer to start writing it.

will some one post the comic?

Not in the main book. Maybe when she with the JLA but in her main comic every run must be some long winded greek tragedy that rewrites her origin. That why I wanted her to have a second comic for those type of stories.

Fuck off Cucka.

idk why DC doesn't have Jeff Parker write all their stories

yes, because slavery, willing submission, etc

still thinking Legend of Wonder Woman was MUCH better

>real feminists liked it cause it was sex positive.
I though real feminists never had problems with sex-positism?

well, that's true. Back then, being a Nazi was basically compulsory, not much choice about it.
Most Nazi were absolutely normal people who just had to join the party because bothersome bureaucratic reasons.

if anything, hate the SS. They were the "actual evil nazi"

>Not a woman or a man
>Just awesome
Still gets me
Why did Deadman have to be ruined with this shit

>ruined

One line of dialogue ruins otherwise a good comic? Fuck off to your echochamber.

fuck off ray.

Someone post that DChads copypasta.

>otherwise a good comic
Fuck off, fuck off and die retard. Deadman was a fucking side character in his own comic to the awesome bi chubby chick and her [perfect awesome non binary boyfriend. On top of that the plot was generic and lame as fuck. Eat shit.

I'd be more into hating the security and judicial apparatus but hey.

guess who managed and manipulated them?

Yeah I sure do love Diana being brought up by man slaying rapists who sell babies into slavery.

Paradise Island a shit, he just took Marston's husband-hunting and made it edgier.

Why do that when the Bana-Mighdall as a concept already existed?

It was a pretty decent haunting mystery, with good use of Boston as a supernatural character who couldn't just fix everything by doing athletics in a possessed body.

Predator/Nurturer could work too.

>mystery
What fucking mystery? Everyone called it 10 pages in.

>or am i just missing his amazing subtext

pretty much

I don't think he's really doing Multiversity Too.

good god it's beautiful

We don't know, its Grant Morrison.

eh not really