What happened to all the hyper masculine cartoon men...

What happened to all the hyper masculine cartoon men? We had a whole era of cartoons dedicated to them and then they just dropped out of existence. They're barely even used for Chad jokes anymore.

user, if you want a thread full of people shouting about nu-males and millennials, you should just be up-front with it and ask.

Well, to be fair, where were they in the Looney Tunes days?

It was a bad 90s fad. It was always weird when a cartoon based on a live action show would turn normal looking people into muscle balloons. I think the steroid scandals in pro sports might have been what killed it.

>Forgetting the classic
How dare you.

I'm pretty sure the universal embarrassment for 80's cartoons overrides Sup Forums's need to spout meme words.

the burden of responsibility falls to the self
there are no big macho guy cartoons because you didn't make any

Creeping cultural marxism

>What happened to all the hyper masculine cartoon men?
They became jokes.

It is now known that at least some steroids is needed to get those kinds of bodies, so the association with shrunken testicles killed off the fad.

Muscular men is still popular, just not to the excess size of the 90's.

Men being feminine and lispy is what's "hip" and "cool" in le current year.

they're hard to draw and Cal Arts only teaches how to draw blobs and stick people with noodle limbs.

Cartoon protagonists became children. Prepubescent boys with rippling pecs and quads of iron are fucking disgusting.

I was going to say something along the lines of 'well cartoons these days are a lot less serious, focus on comedy and their protagonists are children' but even in cartoons that aren't like that there aren't many.

Cape cartoons still have plenty of them though.

I'm surprised Finn isn't more ripped now that I think about it. He's like 16 or 17 now, isn't he?

that was pretty much just the 90s. Just like how movies of the 90s had to be gritty cartoon men were extra masculine.

just lust wears loose fitting clothing

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

>Cape cartoons still have plenty of them though.
>Earth's Mightest Heroes got canned for Avengers Assemble

It's not even relevant, I just hate thinking about the state of cape cartoons because of this alone.

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a stealth complaining about nu males thread or a stealth bara thread.

they pop up sometimes

Just post bara, at least then the thread will be fun

Is this to your liking, OP? There is always fan art.

>claws out

It made my dick so hard I could break Adamantium with it (not OP btw)

It's misogynistic design that is harmful to women, so they stopped encouraging such a design in children's media unless it's to show that the character is a horny douchebag that eventually gets punished hard for his crime against humanity. Have you seen how modern cartoons portray the physique and attire of positive adult male role models?

>He says as he posts a cast of characters where the buffest one is front and center

I mean, I know he's a gorilla, but the rest don't really follow animal physiques, so it was their design to give him a buff bod.

This is a better example

Do you have an example that isn't Steven shitaverse

Fry-Dude and Amusement Park Man (I don't watch enough of the show to know their names just job occupations) look pretty in shape. Shit, even Jasper has a good body and it's way more rare to see a buff woman in a cartoon that isn't styled like a fit tennis player.

The only characters that look like hipster douchebags are the teens but I would say that's pretty appropriate.

Says you.

I can post bee and puppycat but do you think I'd stoop that low?

fuck off with this, it's getting tiring now

So all you have is one shitty Cartoon Network show and a unfinished web cartoon by a creator blatantly copying that shitty Cartoon Network show?

>All of animation is Steven Universe.

Just go stand on some train tracks.
The last disney feature had some humongous strongfat guy as a main character.

Gold colored claws out, otherwise how would you know its cannon gay logan?

The whatever it's called beard-moustache combo he's rocking.

Good to hear.

go back to the retirement home, abe
you're not with it anymore. accept and move on

>Back in MY DAY men were MEN! They put on make-up, wore tights, styled their hair, and kept a good posture to complement their figure!
>Not like modern hipster trash today.

nuppg made him a villain

like this , chav

Yeah! Sexy buff men in tight clothing, that's as hetero as it gets! Fuck yeah!

You mean yeti?

>we need super masculine men on TV to be our heroes like they were back in the day
>said the 20-something year old man on the cartoon and comics board

Don't know why ya being cheeky m8, I'm okay with anything on either side
even guts

My serious guess?

It was profitable to make shows with characters like these on the basis of toy sales which one could produce in connection with the shows themselves. With the exception of Johnny Bravo, all of those shows had toy lines either directly associated with them or else the shows themselves were essentially nothing more than extended commercials FOR toy lines.

These days, those sorts of toys don't have the same sort of market appeal because the sorts of kids who previously would have purchased them to have imaginary adventures with now play with video games instead. The existence of handheld gaming has largely killed that toy market and by extension the profit margin for shows like that.

Nowadays shows have to appeal to markets which they can make a profit off of via other means, and so the creative focus has shifted.

This isn't even a matter of value judgments or cultural zeitgeist. It's just numbers.

I'm just poking fun at any of the posters here who genuinely believe the "nu-male" thing is something unique to modern day when we've had men as far back as Egyptian civilization putting on make-up to make themselves look as pretty as possible.

Ah no worries

Not disagreeing with you, but I feel like the lack of merch from studios now-a-days kinds of contrast the thought. Like, Steven Universe should have Gem weapons available to kids to buy, like how Gravity Falls at least has journals for sale. Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, and Harvey Beaks don't seem like a very merchandise-able properties but were greenlit anyway. Star Vs should have wands since it's Disney's only show growing rapidly in popularity and I still have to go to Etsy just to find that.

The only thing most shows have now-a-days are some shirts and Funko pops. CN dabbing its feet with app games like the TTG, Magiswords, and SU Attack of the Light, but that should be an addition, not the sole source of income.