/ptljd/ Post TLJ Depression General

How is everyone coping? I'm worried they will somehow fuck up the OT even more by linking all 3 trilogies in IX

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wJa1L1ZCqU
youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My dad got tickets for me to go with him and my brother to see it tonight. He knows its my favorite series and thinks it'll be fun. I haven't told him I already saw it and have been anxious about it since day one.

The more I see of it at work, the more I realize how fucking garbage it is comparatively.

I just want to go back to pre-Disney. I hated the prequels, but atleast the books and games were good, and the books gave me everything I ever wanted from the series past ROTJ. Sure, the Yuuzhan Vong shit was eh. But "Legacy of the Force" was incredible. The fucking YJK novels, Hand of Thrawn Duology, Truce at Bakura, etc...

I just want to go back.
Before the dark times.
Before the empire.

youtube.com/watch?v=8wJa1L1ZCqU

>2:00

I just don't care anymore.

It's so easy, Just base Luke's downfall on one of his existing, actual character flaws, like that he's naive and too trusting. That he's incapable of hurting people he cares about. Have Ben bluntly tell Luke that if Luke doesn't stop him, he'll kill the other students.

How the everliving fuck do you create a plot where Luke Skywalker is sitting next to a sleeping young man and says "well I guess maybe it has to be done". I just can't fathom it.

Just do what other people do: ignore the new Trilogy (or whatever you don't like) and just pay attention to the EU/what you like. Disregard NuWars, stay happy

This. I've taken to re-reading all the old books. That's like 200 fucking books that just expand on all the shit I loved about OT Star Wars. I started with Shadows of the Empire, moving on the the Han Solo Trilogy. Basically going to re-read all the stuff between RotS and ANH, then read from ANH to ROTJ, then pick up Truce of Bakura.

All of you Star Wars nerds need to stop being so whiny.

>Uuuuugh that part was SO BAD!!! They wasted so much time on a stupid comedy scene where the Falcon is in some dumb worm's mouth! It doesn't effect the plot at all, it's unrealistic that there's air and bat-monsters in a stomach and we never even find out the worm's backstory!"
>This guy Lando shows up in the third act who we never even heard of before and Han acts like he's all important - WTF!? They were supposed to tell us about that Jabba guy!"
>Obi-Wan said The Force and Jedi were all about Knights and Arthurian-type stuff, but now the Stupid Puppet has Luke doing all kinds of Asian Buddha meditation shit - goddamn SJWs!!"
>Luke goes into a magic tree and fights Vader but it's like a dream? BULLSHIT! There were no dreams or visions in the first one - Kasdan has no respect for the established aesthetic!"

let go, op.

>tfw I really enjoyed the movie
What a pleasant surprise that was. Sure it has problems, the biggest one probably being it's length, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I had so much fun in a cinema.
>inb4 hurr disney shill

No, you're just a weeb pedo retard. Of course you have shit taste.

I want to start off by saying that I'm in no way a Star Wars fan.
I don't go to conventions and don't buy merch. I don't write wookipedia articles and I didn't read a single novel. I've seen the OT and PT maybe 3 times tops and literally all of those were on TV years after they came out.

With that out of the way, I have a big fucking bone to pick with these new movies.
They are a narrative disaster, fumbling between trying to be a verbatim of the OT with slightly changed locations and characters and something new that rejects everything likeable about the old films, like a hapless kid.
Female MC? Painfully obvious token nigga Stormtrooper? Didn't give a fuck. The way they behave? Holy fucking shit. This trilogy is fucking pointless. Rogue One was fucking pointless. They either rehash shit and botch even that, or they come up with something new and it's utter fucking shit.
>Rey starts as Luke 2.0 only if Luke was an enormous son of a cock with even bigger ego to boot and PERPETUAL deer in the headlights expression in every situation. 5 minutes later she is running fucking circles around Luke AND Anakin in proficiency of EVERYTHING and entire fucking universe bends itself to make her succeed at absolutely anything she ever attempts on first try without even trying until a literal plot device dressed as a character (Snoke) gives her a bit of a bruising to show that she's totally not omnipotent and omniscient guys - and then dies like a fucking bitch 3 seconds later, because he touched the queen and can't go unpunished.
>Leia's Force Awakens.... after ~50 years of being Anakin Skywalker's daughter, after getting BTFO of the ship by a bomber run.... one movie too late... one living actress too late
>let's kill off the entire old cast to make a fucking point, kill Han, oh shit Leia has disconnected from the server, keep her in a bit longer to milk those bitch facebook tears, alright now dispose of Luke... w-why is everyone getting pissed?

I KEEP SCREAMING BUT GOD WONT ANSWER

You're such a crybaby

40 years and no one made those complaints

and in another 40 years, no one will have said >my favorite part was when Luke Skywalker tried to kill a boy in his sleep, triggering the spiral into evil that results in Han Solo's death and the resumption of galactic civil war, love that scene

IX will be a desperate salvage job.
>Snoke will be back as Plagueis
>Luke will return in ghost form - JJ will try to give him some heroic ghosty moment that undoes his cowardice - he'll probably turn Kylo back, even though that'd completely undermine TLJ's ending
>possibly more flashbacks of Luke and Kylo that re-establishes that it was Ben at fault and retcons TLJ's character assassination

youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o

NICO NICO NIII

crying over some fantasy movies. pathetic.

Yeah bud, you and I finally agree. This thing has been such a shitastrophy i doubt the entier shity name will ever be what it once was, even after the shit-storm with R1. At least I didn't have to live to see this shitsunami.

I rewatched the OT to clean the bad taste out of my mouth. Still felt kinda shitty so I put on my go-to comfy movie, nausicaa, which helped a lot. I'm not watching any more Star Wars stuff, so I don't care where they go from here, it's dead to me. Boycott Disney and move on with life.

5>4>6>ROTJ>RO>=TPM>TFA>AoTC>TLJ

>suppressed Lukelust for years
>TLJ made it all come flooding back
I've been rewatching the OT just to see prime Luke and not the corrupt, ugly, weak-minded old man he became. But I can't ignore the fact that all those hopeful, joyful memories are gone. He will never be beautiful and cute again. He will never find peace with his friends. He will never die peacefully surrounded by happiness and love.
We couldn't save him, bros.

I'm angry. I don't accept this, not canon for me.

Mark Hamill was absolutely beautiful then.

Where are the Hamill threads? Why are they banned while Reylo threads are allowed?

But a vocal minority of its fanbase refuses to move on, trudging along in a feeble attempt to manufacture their perfect individual version of Star Wars for the satisfaction of their wet dreams. The Force Awakens may have been dangerous because it reinforced reminders of the old, but the backlash was strong, even though it utilized structural similarities and plot developments for the sake of mystery-box subversion. Many viewers hated Abrams’ film because it exposed their reverence and mythologization of the original trilogy to an absurd degree and refracted it back in the characters’ personalities. Cries and whimpers of “It’s the same thing as the original Star Wars!!” might as well be re-worded into “I didn’t like it because it gave me exactly what I’ve been worshipping for the last thirty years!!”.
While The Force Awakens, in a sense, weakened those who have never moved on from the original trilogy, The Last Jedi leaves them in the blood-red dust. It soars off into the galaxy with a fresh twinkle in its eye and a comical, sly reverence for Star Wars itself and not the version so many people have fabricated in their fantasies. The characters have been freed from their ties to Original Trilogy characters, and while they will always carry them within their hearts. Johnson showcases that no progression can be unearthed without change, and change is the opposite of stagnantly committing to ancient fandom favorites just because that’s how they’re remembered. The truth hurts for the personalities in The Last Jedi and the audience observing it play out across the screen; they have realized their stories are just that. It’s what you take away from them, and where you go from there that matters. This gargantuan space-opera train is finally back to square one, freed from the constraints of its sickening fanbase and bursting into hyperspace towards the future. Time to let go.

I want to go back to the old EU
Disney keeps dropping hints at Revan and now in Rebels apparently they're hinting at bringing Kreia back.
I don't want them to destroy my beloved KotOR too. Someone kill the mouse.

This may be copypasta but I still agree.

bit gay mate

I don't know, we managed for a time, had successful threads but mods are fags so who knows how they operate. But it's good to see everyone loves Mark, lustful eyes or not.

People cried "George Lucas raped my childhood" back when Episode 1 was a thing

And now contrarians pretend the prequels were actually good

People will like this movie in a few years too

Amazing. Every word of what you just said is wrong.

I'm still on the opinion that the prequels were not good movies, I will never back down on those opinions, but TFA and TLJ made me realize that George at least put in effort into the prequels to make them something different and tell a story that he himself wanted to tell and not what a committee wants to tell. Was it misguided effort? Yes. Do I at least appreciate that effort? You are god damn right.

I can't remember, and I don't want to see it again...but...uh...did this movie even have the traditional "Star Wars side-to-side wipe" Transitions between scenes? I remember seeing it all over TFA but can't recollect one moment in TLJ. Maybe I was just too scarred to remember them.

Now that you say that... there was not a single wipe.

In this day and age you're the contrarian for pretending the prequels are not good.

>In this day and age you're the contrarian for pretending the prequels are not good.
pffAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Yes, post like yours are what I am talking about.

20 years from now people will say "well The Last Jedi was actually good"

Dependent on if Disney can make something that is worse.

I still think most of the prequels suck, the new trilogy are awful though.

>playing it safe always ends in disaster
oh muh GOD hahahahahahaha!

Of course they are, they were probably children when they saw it.

TLJ also tries to do something different, and it does so horribly. Maybe starwars is only good when you stick to the formula

GLUGGLUGGLUGGLGUGGLUGGG

It's hilarious all you fucking child cucks do NOT realize or understand that this movie IS NOT FOR YOU, it is not made for you, you are NOT the targeted audience. Yes, i know, you should be. But reality is you DON'T.
So yes, it is impossible for you to like this movie, IT'S NORMAL.
After watching TFA (or even its trailer, or even before that its CASTING) you should have LEARNED your lesson. You didn't.
Look, for me it was dead the day Lucasfilm sold it to Disney.. no no wait even before that, I knew it was over the day Disney WAS IN POSSIBLE NEGOTIATIONS to buy it.

woah

It's disney film, retard. Everybody is the audience. This film is made for the masses, it's suppose to appeal to everybody.

>IX will be a desperate salvage job
This
Plus they will kill Leia

Wrong
Interdictor ships prevented jumps to hyperspace at the Death Star. This is addressed explicitly as the reasons why the Rebels didn't retreat, they physically couldn't.
It stands to reason then that part of a standard fleet included anti-hyperspace technology (as that would be the extremely obvious thing to do).
Why interdictors weren't used to prevent the cruiser jumping IS a plothole.

Attach hyperspace drives to missiles or asteroids
You=btfo

>extreme damage to whatever it hit

Citation needed, because the source that the entire EU was built around; the D6 RPG by WEG, actually said objects in realspace are completely unaffected by hyperspace collisions. The A-Wing would be annihilated and nobody would even know.

Here, straight from the chapter on space travel

Not canon.

Not in Soy-Wars continuity, but the "rebuttal" is structured around this being canon in old EU, which from the very beginning it wasn't.

There is nothing to look forward to after that trash fire. Rian Johnson destroyed most of the interesting shit like snoke and rey's parents. nobody's left now, all we have left are soyboys and marey sue.

george lucas may have raped me but at last i had a (small) orgasm amongst the shame and humiliation.

The last jedi i felt nothing