Why is their such a disconnect between professional critics and actual audience members?

Why is their such a disconnect between professional critics and actual audience members?

One is payed off while the others are dumdums.

critics don't review movies as individuals anymore. They do it as a hivemind.

Movie producers pay the critics. Netflix dosen't.

"critics"(bloguers without any formation) suck

glad to see normies finally wising up and not falling for blatant shilling

RTfags realized people seem to have a real beef with Will Smith. I am no fan of him, but I don't see the point of starting a crusade to shit on every movie he's in.

Critics judge movies on paper based on their themes and bullshit like that without actually caring about how well it’s executed

Critics are part of a subculture whose opinions are irrelevant to the general public. Its like asking a hiphop head about a metal album.

critics are bought. audiences speak truthfully

I have never met one single human who has a problem with Will Smith.

If gaming has taught me anything, it's to NEVER trust journalists when it comes to reviews. If they give bad reviews, they risk losing early screenings which loses them money.

Seems the film the critics hated of the three was the only one starring person of color. I wonder why...

People who review movies do.

Audiences are retards and critics are trying to pander to those retards. Occasionally they miss the mark

I said human though.

Critics are payed, audience is paying

I hate capeshit but Bright was pleasurable

I've literally just dropped bright a little over an hour in.... That movie is unbearable bad, and even worse when I think it cost 120 million

>I've literally
What's your haircolor? Blue or Code Red?

Honestly, it's because movie reviewers make very little money, even for bigger papers and websites. A very select few can make a living from it because it's not a job, it's a hobby. But many still try.

I've been writing game reviews for a little over a decade and have gotten lots of offers for free items from studios. Usually, they're a lot more subtle than "here's money for a good review". They'll try to make a personal connection, give you something and guilt trip a bias review.

Is this gonna be like when Netflix got rid of their rating because of Schumer's garbage special and RT is gonna dump the audience score too?

>having pleb taste this bad

Come on now, it's a simple little cop story. And the closest thing to a shadowrun movie we'll get

It only cost 90 million
A big chunk of that was Will Smith's paycheck and the 7 million that fruit Landis got for writing the screenplay.

Why would RT dump an 89% audience score?

If they paid 7million for that script than they should be suing him... I've read better dialog written on napkins.

>Certified Fresh

People dislike him more in the last decade by his whoring of his son & daughter

Such wasted potential. Should have been 90 minutes long with some flashbacks to the past with the Elves fighting the Orcs.

Not liking bright is pleb taste?
The is most definitely the worst directed/edited big budget movie I've ever seen.

Topped with the script and its an absolute blunder.

The crooked cops scene followed the titty bar shoot out were too much for me.

Basically this. Critics have certain incentives to like certain brands, political leanings, formulaic movie making, especially in an Oscar vein.

Both measures are shit though. Critics are semi-"sell outs" and general audiences are stupid. Neither score means shit, no matter that sometimes a legit good movie will have good scores, maybe all around.

I'm sure both these movies are shit too. Disregard the audience score for Bright and the critics for Disney's Last Jedi

I've seen better usage of "then" and "than" on used toilet paper

Because honestly TLJ had insane expectations and seemed to go out of its way to alienate people. That movie is not indicative of a wider trend, because it's rare for critics to generally like a movie so much more than audiences.

Like, I think that movie got so much backlash for the reasons Vox outlined in their article. There were totally people who downboated it because of pink hair, vaginas, and Asians. But most people seemed to dislike how they handled everything in the movie.

Too much pandering humour. They killed off Luke somewhat anticlimactically. They continued ripping off the OT despite trying their best to convince people that TLJ was this super original thing. Everything with Finn and Rose had no substance. The main plot is bullshit. They didn't go in new directions with Rey and Ben despite there being such great opportunities. It's just a rough, unfocused, inconsistent movie with a lot of dumb ideas. That alienated fans of the franchise.

You can't compare David Ayer's and Max Landis' schlock sci-fi action movie with no expectations of greatness to Star Wars. You have to aim higher or reach longer.

90m is a big budget to you?

The only paper that mainstream movie critics judge movies on has green ink and presidents on the front.

>tripfag tries to be relevent by pretending to know stuff
filtered, not surprised by the reddit-spacing, kys

>Because honestly TLJ had insane expectations and seemed to go out of its way to alienate people.

How does being a movie critic somehow make it enjoyable to watch a murderous hermit Luke Skywalker sucking on a disgusting alien boob before getting beaten up by a girl?

Because most people are fucking tasteless pigs without a real appreciation or knowledge of film.

Audiences like entertainment; critics like art.

We can therefore conclude that Last Jedi is the most artistically-superior film this year.

Shut up, Max. Netflix made a mistake trusting you. I've never scene a movie with as many cringe inducing lines of dialog. Shit, you can see the actors cringing in the movie itself. Not enough money to do more than one take per scene I guess.

Critics are professionals who don't let they're emotions dictate their feelings towards a movie. Unlike the man baby audiences i.e. you. Yes you

They put that on the fucking home release and it's sickening.

Everyone is a fucking retard, but I agree, the last 5 years rotten tomato has gone bad because of SJ wariorism. But still, 95% of movies the critics are still "right"

Truth

Imagining you're talking to Max Landis is fucking ultimate cringe. Does it make you feel better to imagine you're telling him how you feel? That he listens to you and takes heed in what you say?

My point is that fans have more invested and are less willing to tolerate bullshit when it concerns something they love. Critics probably didn't have a problem with those things as much because they aren't judging them in relation to the rest of the franchise the way fans do (and they should). They compare it to the Marvel movies, which are filled top to bottom with quips and lol randumb humour. And they don't notice that the tone doesn't work in this movie for various reasons.

I was being facetious, but I'm sure that a Sup Forums autist like you is physically unable to understand what that means.

/thread

>I've never scene a movie

Not enough budget.

At least they showed a dragon and centaur.

Ghostbusters ratings were brigaded by Sup Forums. Most normal people loved it.

I'm sure Max Landis right now is shitting his pants over sexual assault accusations instead of defending a movie that shat all over his script on Sup Forums

Are you implying Bright isn't a piece of trash

I dislike his son

This movie was good.

Most people who saw it loved it, but most people who saw trailers wanted nothing to do with it. I think that's important. It bombed majorly because it turned people off.

I dislike his son as well. But I have no problem with Will Smith.

Beats me.

>worst movie I have ever seen

Nice hyperbole sweetie, the grown ups are talking.

I can think of dozens of worse films than this, it's a 6/10, maybe a 7. Sure it's not the greatest movie ever or anything crazy but you're being a contrarian massively in the opposite direction.

Edgerton gave a good performance, the world was interesting and most of the jokes worked.

Audience members are idiots and critics are payed idiots

Le evil RUSSIAN BOT ALT-RIGHT critics lowering the score of Bright and le evil RUSSIAN BOT ALT-RIGHT audience lowering the score of Star Wars.

People take movies too seriously. I've always been surprised how much grown men are star wars fanatics. I'm actually quiet happy how they mishandled Luke, hopefully some fans will grow up.

Btw who gives a fuck about what critics thinks? Watch the movie and think for you self.

Egerton is a god and I'm willing to watch anything with him in it just for his performance.

>Btw who gives a fuck about what critics thinks? Watch the movie and think for you self.
Critics have a megaphone that allows them to influence how well movies do at the box office to an extent. This alone makes their opinions, or more precisely the means by which they arrive at their opinions and the effects their opinions have, an interesting topic of discussion. "Why do you care what X thinks about..." is the sort of thinking that incurious idiots engage in.

>I'm actually quiet happy how they mishandled Luke
You take that back!

Critics are paid.
Theres a documentary about it.

What is the name of this docukino?

He didn't want to be in the most recent Independence Day because they didn't offer him enough money. Fuck that guy.

>most of the jokes worked.
Half of the jokes were "lets laugh at the autist," Guardians of the Galaxy tier drivel. Why is cop ork guy the only one that acts autistic? Shouldn't the Mexican gangster orks be autists as well, or did they let a mentally handicapped ork become a cop?

What a weird reason to be hostile towards someone. Honestly, what do you care?

the general public is generally composed of idiots.

he didn't exactly take a stance in the whole BLM shit during the whole Oscarssowhite fiasco.

I don't know. TLJ was shit. Sounds to me that critics are either idiots or shills.

>Why is their such a disconnect between professional critics and actual audience members?

Why would the other orks be autistic? If you paid attention the dude was an outcast hated by just about everyone, it seems quite obvious he doesn't have
many friends. Plus he was a rookie with a lot of pressure on him so he acted nervous and said stupid shit. Nothing particularly unbelievable.

I can see how it might not be for everyone though.

Critics are just as dumb and on top of that they shill for big companies.

I just finished the movie. It was ok
My biggest complaint was that the movie didn't know if it wanted to be slow or fast. It was way too fast in some parts and way too slow in others where it felt like it didn't need to be.

I hope that they expand on the universe.

The final battle was kinda bad though. Good guys shouldn't even last 10 seconds there. But I guess that's true for most action movies.

I agree with this guy.
The movie didn't do a good enough job of setting up Jackboy's character before the movie really starts to kick off.

So this is why the price was hiked to 10.99

He said some straight up autistic shit. During the gun fight directly before meeting the good elf, he literally asks if Will Smith wants him to check his holes... Only an autist wouldn't notice how that would be inappropriate.

yeah, I agree. A little underwhelming, considering the beating that our heroes just took and then they are getting beat again....
This movie requires some suspension of disbelief... I still think it was executed ok, but just ok.

Will Smith is already on board for a sequel

>DUH CRITEECS ARE PAYYD OWF

Out of all the bullshit written in that post, you chose fucking spacing.
kys

Any smart person would stay as far the fuck away from that as possible. At least publicly.

I don't mind him, but he makes movies. I like some of them.
It seems like he doesn't politically grandstand. I don't see why I should hate him.

Maybe I might have a beef with his onscreen characters, but that's about it.

>being this retarded
Nobody worth talking to thinks that critics are paid off, at most very few of them are. You're going to find more critics giving favorable reviews because they want to be in the studios good graces, that's a lot more common But they tend to stay in their own little bubbles surrounded by like-minded colleagues. Most of them like the same things and dislike the same things.

They are paid in free shit at the premiers, and they make their living as pied pipers. They aren't given envelopes of cash, but they are supported through the generosity of movie executives.

I'm glad that he did, honestly.

That's different. People on Sup Forums who can't differentiate between an actor and the characters they portray are premium plebs.

>They are paid in free shit at the premiers
Now the only question is what influences their opinion more, one evening of wining and dining or the constant opinion barrage of their peers on the internet and social events?

same can be said of audiences

I dislike him greatly. You’ll see how much of one when the accusations start next year.

Because the critics can't get #litty shaka bra

>You’ll see how much of one when the accusations start next year.
What? Is this #MeToo movement on precisely scheduled release calendar?

Nah. #MeToo will dry up now that Moore didn't get elected and Trump completely no-sold calls for him to resign.