Is Jason Aaron the best writer working in comics today?

Is Jason Aaron the best writer working in comics today?

He bores the fuckout of me, user.

Yes. But Sup Forums hates him because MUH THOR

can't even get an issue of southern bastards out in 3 months

I really like Southern Bastards but haven't touched his Thor stuff. His run on PunisherMAX was almost as solid as later Ennis but not quite as strong as the first handful of v1 archs.

I limed his punisher max.
But i dont recall him writing something considered universally good.

He is not gonna save Marvel with his Legacy one-shot, you know that.

Naaaah
I absolutely loved his writing on Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Punisher Max and Ultimate Captain America, but even then he wasn't the best
Too bad that he has gone downhill in recent years

This, he was pretty decent, but never top of his class. Didn't even read his Thor or Original Sin, so dunno really what to make of that.

I know people dislike him for Schism/WatXM, but I think WatXM was really good through AvX, but after that it was just kinda boring.
He's also a moderate Rachelfag, so I can't see why people rage so hard at him.

Totally agree
WatXM was just spinning it's wheels after AvX
Don't bother with Original Sin
I don't read Star Wars, but I feel like his newer works (Thor and Dr Strange) are mostly held up by the art

original sin was a pile of garbage
I don't know if it was his story or he was just the token writer for an editorial driven event but it was terrible

I liked his Ghost Rider.

And that's pretty much it.

He's the definition of average.

In the days of Scalped? Yes. Nowadays he's just another Marvel hack.

True for Dr Strange
Thor isnt that bad just lately never gives readers what we want

Not even close. Scalped was great and southern bastards has been great, but there are crime comics much better than those.
For Marvel, only his Punisher was good. The rest are completely unremarkable. Even his acclaimed Thor has been shallow and decent at best.

He's a mediocre writer with the occasional outlier. Nowadays he's carried by great artists like ribic, dauterman, bachalo and del mundo

Have you read The Other Side?

>In the days of Scalped? Yes
No he wasn't.

his next good thing he writes will be his first