It's a Wrecking Crew are generic disposable bad guys with no real characterization episode

>It's a Wrecking Crew are generic disposable bad guys with no real characterization episode
Why the fuck does this keep happening? I honestly can't remember the last time they were used as a serious threat.
And really, they happen to be KYOTO at the same time as Jean Grey is there eating noodles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7D6qh9EehmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they were actually quite nicely written in that cancelled Solo ongoing from last year

Yeah, for some reason despite all of their random appearances just to be punching bags for other characters in the past decade or so, this one feels like the last straw to me. Why the hell are they in Kyoto? Did the Wrecking Crew just decide, hey maybe we shouldn't keep trying to pull stuff off in NYC, so let's go all the way to fucking Kyoto? I'm wondering if this book is going to bother explaining why they were there, or if it's just going to have Jean casually curbstomp them and then move on with her business without it being addressed at all.

That was a rhetorical question. It'll obviously be the latter.

The Wrecking Crew have always been jobbers.

It's totally within Jean's capacity to rek these boyos too.

The real question is, why isn't Jean wearing a Kimono?

Thunderball was also quite nicely written as an individual character in last year's Illuminati book (also cancelled), where he was away from the rest of the Wrecking Crew. The writer even remembered that Thunderball is actually smart and not just some dumb thug wearing a gangsta wool hat.
Of course, once that was over he went back to being generic punchable bad guy of the week #2/4.

a lot of the recent stealth mini's from marvel have been great for minor or under developed characters like Carnage or GLA. Shame they keep getting cancelled in favour of synergy shit books

>The Wrecking Crew have always been jobbers.
Not in the old days. Even though they would usually get defeated, it's the fate of all comic book villains, they would at least put up a fight, it would often take more than one issue to beat them. Remember, they started out as Thor villains and they actually gave him a hard time. They also got some wins under their belt.
These days, it usually just takes the heroes (or hero) a couple of pages, or worse, they just have the fight be mostly off-screen and they're just shown already defeated.

>they started out as Thor villains and they actually gave him a hard time.
That's probably the saddest part. They are on Asgardian power level and yet they are treated like some random mooks.

The only thing I've read that has had the Wrecking Crew was Lionheart of Avalon, and even then, wasn't Wrecking Ball possessed by some knight spirit in it?

These guys should be powerful enough to not be random mooks for every hero out there.

They are all in the Thing-tier of strength so they should at least be high level mooks. Someone for Hulk, Namor, or Carol to throw down with. Random mutants should have some insane trouble with them.

They are average Asgardian power level when one of them are channeling the power. But only 1/4 of that when it is shared. The Wrecker himself would still be 40 tons class while the rest of the crew would only be 10 tons class. They are basically a downgraded Luke Cage with exception to Wrecker

Jean Grey is a omega level mutant so no.

>They are all in the Thing-tier of strength
They wish they were a legit class 100 in strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=7D6qh9EehmE

funnily enough they didnt job in Earth's mightiest heroes. Almost gave Thor a deserved run for his money there.

Another reason to love this show.

Thor is usually a jobber of epic proportions too so, your point?
Daily reminder that un-Phoenix'd Rach mindfucked Thor and no-sold a direct blow from Mjolnir.
Powerlevelwise, she's at least on par with "Jean" (although Teen Jean has wildly inconsistent displays of proficiency with her powers, so who really knows how strong she is?).
I find Tean Jean's defeat of these guys entirely reasonable.

I would not mind if those guys do get some kind of modern update. They are still wearing the old silver age purple and green.

Maybe increase their power some and give their stuff more of a mystic weapons of the gods feel to it. Make them into a magic based threat that is hard for the standard hero to do a lot about.

I remember a 90s Spider-Man book where the Wrecking Crew got some power-armor type upgrade from... idk maybe Smyte?
It only lasted a couple of issues, but I remember loving their design back then. I'm sure they look ridiculous in hindsight though.

Can't find it for shit though, can anyone help?

Current Jean is not, and hasn't been for several years now

I remember them being a fairly challenging encounter in MUA, but that was years ago.

Cultural appropriation.

They need to hang with Absorbing Man, he always seemed like the long lost wrecking crew member anyway. In that same, dumb guy from Jersey got an Asgardian power boost out of nowhere.

And give all of them mystical Asgardian demolition equipment that fucks up things like technology.

She is. Regardless of her not using too much force anymore.

Let's see that source.
Jean, even without the Benis Force was still Omega, why would Teen Jean be any different? Especially considering how Teen Jean started dominating minds years before her original counterpart.
Also, Teen Jean shutdown Psylocke, an Omega telepath's mind reading.
Prove that Teen Jean isn't Omega, I'll wait.

Their biggest achievement is probably that time they overthrew Arkon and took over the entire Dimension of Polemachus in Busiek's Avengers run.

Nice destroyed dimension you got there..

Oh fuck! I remember that.
So, Thor > Phoenix'd Phoenix-hosts, but non-Phoenix'd Phoenix-hosts > Thor?

I like it.

>posting the propagandist version
No u

>AvX
>Bendis

Too bad. It overrides the past, same goes for the axe that kills celestials.

>I only watch movies

back to Sup Forums fag

Omega means they cannot die because they are pure energy. Jean is not that

Nope. Omega is omega.

If marvel wants to retcon thor into being weaker they can.

They been doing stuff like this since the 90s.

Omega means undefined potential. Immortality have nothing to do with it.

its a stealth mini or its cancelled.
they're not both.

stealth mini is its a mini that they never announce as a mini (unworthy thor, vote loki, bullseye)
cancelled is everything else they do.

Remember Ultimate Alliance? they were fucking tough to defeat in normal dificultry, even with all heroes maxed out. Only time they were tough

also that time in secret wars they were kinda cool

Fuck off, casual.

That's just Vulcan's interpretation. And Vulcan is a delusional whiny cunt.

Omega existed long before Vulcan was invented.
Has fuck all to do with immortality, it just tends to go with the territory.

>also that time in secret wars they were kinda cool
I did always think it was pretty bullshit that Hawkeye pierced Piledriver's skin with a normal arrow made out of wood (he ran out of trick arrows), badass as it was.

Is there anyone the Wrecking Crew HASN'T fought?

awful lot of samefag in here today.....

There's samefagging and there's conversing with multiple people with similar responses. Learn the difference. Save a life.

Unworthy Thor, Vote Loki and Bullseye were all announced as minis.

You're not wrong, they were a pain in the ass to beat.

>Words have meanings and writers will use them with consistency.
I'm sorry user, if I could hug you over the internet I would.

Ash Williams was the best member of the Wrecking Crew.