Best Sci-Fi Show?

what is the best sci-fi show of all time? hopefully it's something recent so the effects hold up when I watch it. I'm currently deciding between the following list but I'm open to other recs.
>The 100
>Stark Trek: Discovery
>The Expanse
>Stargate SG-1
>Dark Matter
>Dark

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrTJnLjjZTI
youtube.com/watch?v=M1-8rwZvftk
youtube.com/watch?v=yy1uU-FjtPo
youtube.com/watch?v=LiOF08Qt3Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=mvYW-Hzy6pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nc9gO29vMt8
youtube.com/watch?v=YCvuz2JLaIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BSG
Black Mirror
Westworld

Westworld is great. I've only seen the episode of Black Mirror with the pig - is the rest of the show more sci-fi in tone? BSG sounds cool, I might go with that.

t. plebest

Battlestar Galactica if you're into military sci-fi

Star Trek: The Next Generation if you're into optimist sci-fi

Stargate SG-1 if you want comfy sci-fi

Probably about 80% of it is sci fi yes, some of it is just modern day technology like the first episode. Watch White Christmas for a good representation of the show

Babylon 5.

BSG isn't military sci-fi though. I think the only military sci-fi shows I've ever seen are Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Last Ship.

Not sure if it's technically SciFi but Warehouse 13

which of the 3 is the most ambitious and intelligent? also, can TNG be replaced with Discovery?

I've often heard LotGH is a masterpiece, a sci-fi equivalent of Tolstoy's War and Peace, impossibly literary and cerebral for a TV presentation. What are your thoughts on that? Should I watch it over any of these 3? or anything else mentioned?

It's too bad user's young eyes won't like the 90s CG and discount this gem.

Babylon 5 is the only correct answer.

Nothing Discovery produces will ever touch the season 3 finale/season 4 premiere of TNG

Person of Interest, easily. Best sci-fi show of the decade, maybe even of all time.

Came to post this actually
Not the classical blatant sci fi with space ships and crap, but it is the best.
Currently watching Babylon 5 too
Also BSG and the Expanse make it to the list

>was genuinely amazed back in the day by 90s cg on babylon 5

LoGH is the easiest to watch because, in addition to torrents and DDLs, it's also available on YouTube.

Here is the first story arc:
youtube.com/watch?v=MrTJnLjjZTI
youtube.com/watch?v=M1-8rwZvftk
youtube.com/watch?v=yy1uU-FjtPo
youtube.com/watch?v=LiOF08Qt3Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=mvYW-Hzy6pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nc9gO29vMt8
youtube.com/watch?v=YCvuz2JLaIY

The idea that it is as cerebral or literary as War and Peace is a ridiculous exaggeration. However, it is indeed too literary and cerebral for broadcast television, which is why instead of airing on TV it was produced and sold directly to the fans (of the original books) on videocassette tapes.

It's great because it's very nearly a reality, and that's terrifying. Every tech company in silicon valley, as well as fucking DARPA is pouring ungodly amounts of resources in artificial intelligence, and it's only a matter of time before a real one is born, if it hasn't been already.

What made this show great was showing what could be. Either a benevolent ASI carefully crafted and raised to look after and care about humans, all of them, or a completely alien, utterly machine like one unleashed unto the world to guide it, whatever that mean. We're probably going to see one or the other very soon.

Thanks, user. I'll make sure to watch this, BSG, and The Expanse. Maybe also Babylon 5 and TNG.

I appreciate everyone's recommendations. I'll sift through them one more time and put it all on a list. I've been craving a good sci-fi for a long time now and I'm confident you all came in clutch. Thanks again.

The X-Files.

Starlost, easily. Work of visionary genius.

TNG

After you're finished with TNG, watch DS9 too. TNG is more popular with the normies, but DS9 is more popular amongst the dedicated fans.

And DS9 is the perfect companion to B5. You can't watch one without the other, because each one is the only existing remedy to filling the void in your heart created when you finish the other.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Happy holidays, user.

>rating std as good

Here's the real list:
>star trek ds9
>stargate sg1
>star trek tng
>farscape
>the twilight zone
>battlestar galactica
>xfiles
>the expanse

I can't be arsed going on.