First glimpse of Steppenwolf

First glimpse of Steppenwolf.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-facing-900-million-lawsuit-conjuring-franchise-990107
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is he born to be wild?

Oh. Oh, that is bad. DC really does not know what they're doing.

Goddamn lego leaks!

**takes a bite out of cheeseburger**

>atlantean parademons
neat

looks dumb.

This leak so much about the plot, and is that rocketlanchers i see on Steppenwolf's writsts?

*0.50 ¢ has been deposited...*

FOUR FUCKING MOVIES WITH A GIANT FINAL BOSS IN THE THIRD ARC ALREADY.

>9-14 y/o
>everyone ITT

classic kirby

He even brought his own cosmic cube!

How can anyone defend this garbage? Jack Kirby is rolling in his grave.

>le devil horns
goddamn DC just fucking die already

>Step
>GIANT FINAL BOSS
no

I think those are his fingers, just in Lego style.

>4th World characters
>He's just a grey armoured monster
Y-yay
Darkseids SKIN is grey, not his entire fucking design you SnyderShill/spoiler]

>rocketlanchers
looks like claws. he is using the other hand to grab the motherbox

>I use Lego sets to criticize character designs

I was really hoping that, despite the scene added into the Director's Cut, they wouldn't go the route of making everyone from Apokolips a big scary monster man.

Why is Flash and Aquaman lauching enery blasts?

And here you are using legos to defend them

>I am so aesthetically un-educated that I can't recognise a poor and generic colours scheme that will look uninteresting no matter what and doesn't reflect the character

>spoiling superman's return

lego ffs

>knightcrawler
just when you think you can't hate these retards any more they come up with fucking shit like that

How many years of your life will it take before you realise that the plural for Lego, is Lego.

The parademons we've seen so far are not green or yellow, but Steppenwolf would use those Lego colour scheeme because you so say so

>Moviebob

user, I....

But user, le Christ imagery for a character created by Jews!

And if you think about it, Darkseid is kinda like Satan! That's so badass!

Why is DC so hellbent on gutting everything that's great about Fourth World? They're sitting on Kirby's magnum opus and all they care to do with it is give Batman and Superman another evil alien conqueror to punch really hard.

>Wolfy
>The final boss
kek, what?

c'mon man

He's the final boss of the first movie you casual. Get that modern shit out of here.

Why are so hellbent on being a whiny bitch who doesnt even know how these things will be depicted in the film but wants to bitch anyways

By that logic every cape villain is final boss tier, what a bizarre complaint

Yeah, no shit it's modern but its not anything new.

>Knightcrawler
there's gotta be some copyright issues there

If it turns out Orion is actually the secret hero and not Superman and Batman I will eat my hat live on Sup Forums but you and I both know that ain't happenin.

we can hope

maybe a lawsuit can kill this shitty franchise like it hopefully will for the conjuring and maybe all this money loss will close down WB for good

not that i'm supportive of WB, but its a bullshit claim, nothing more then prehaps a slight pay out will come of it

hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-facing-900-million-lawsuit-conjuring-franchise-990107

get WB's dick out of your mouth for a minute, Demonologist guy has them dead to rights

Where did you get rocket launchers from? Those look like a typical claw style for Lego.

Did you not just read the article i linked?
>2 minuets after
no of course you fucking didnt

@92004457
>SuicideAnon
>not that i'm supportive of WB

>Being supportive of a company that keeps fucking up the theatrical cuts of films i want to like
makes sense.

I read it before you even posted, my dude
>non-compete clause for the Warren Case Files
>WB freely admits they're using them and uses it as advertising
>guy even has a tweet from the director prior to the movie being written proving that he read the book
WB is fucked

>ITT: The same five man children get triggered by lego of all things

On upside, he looks a lot like in the comics.

On the downside, Steppenwolf always dresses like an idiot. I can't take him seriously in that. He looks like a bargain cosplay.

>Brittle is now seeking nearly a billion consisting of disgorgement of defendants' profits and trebled damages from the alleged conspiracy — plus any profits from the stock premium that AT&T is paying Time Warner in their merger that is attributable to the franchise and an injunction to stop the release of Annabelle 2 and to prevent any other future films connected to the Warrens from being made.
Do you seriously expect any of this to happen?

That's incredibly disappointing, they didn't even try, I remember the reports saying he was getting a new design and that the communion scene wasn't what he was actually going to look like

But what were getting is a 9ft grey space alien in some armour

I'm really worried about Darkseid's design, I enjoyed MoS and BvS, but Snyder is going to completely fuck up the new god's isn't he?

depends on if the guy actually wants to protect his intellectual property or if he just wants money, because he's got a case

Is that better? The design is still trash

i think a classic Steppenwolf look could of worked if they made it look a bit drulliet styled? Considering Snyder read Heavy Metal as a kid he's bound to at least know the guy.

The guy would need to be able to directly point out where they've copied him though, which hasn't been addressed. I haven't seen Annabelle or the original, but the sequel was completely unrelated to the actual Lorraines and was based on the Enfeild haunting, though it apparently infringes on their work.

The only part in that film that seemed to actually cover aspects of their life was the TV studio scene at the beginning with the condescending interview hosts.

Johns and other suits pushed hard for New 52 Justice League to be the foundation for the DCEU so that's probably why

We do have King's Fourth World project coming up, though. That should be good.

Because plebs prefer it that way.

I like Johns and Snyder, but come on,
>Implying Snyder or Johns knows what the meaning behind the anti-life equation is

Got Bug! as well

Not really a DC fag, but I hate that marvel can't into final bosses, DC might not do a lot right but they know that's how you end a damn superhero film.

Why wasn't ultron a good final boss ;_;

Bug will be trash. Allred is already raping Silver Surfer over at Marvel with Slott. For Bug he's drawing from Cosmic Odyssey instead of Kirby.

That actually looks pretty cool, plu's he's a hologr m so his details might be different in the flesh

Every movie ending with a giant monsters in the third arc is fucking awful, though.

It's nice in one or two, but four? It's like every movie ending with giant destruction.

>they know that's how you end a damn superhero film.
too bad Doomsday and Incubus were literal trash

Aw, why is he a zombie monster?
What's so bad about him looking human?

Better than Quiptron.

at least Ultron was actually a character

There was a movie called Nightcrawler 3 years ago.

Ultron has never been a top tier physical threat. Also movies aren't video games, despite what the CGI may look like.

A bad one.

If DC didn't do anything that people have joked about you couldn't even have Batman movies that play it straight at all.

>wah wah Snyder is no fun
>literally idea out of lego movie
>still complain

a bad character>no character

It looks like literally every cgi monster/alien/villain in Holywood right now, hopefully he'll look better but the color scheme suggests that won't be the case.

So Quiptron is at least on par with most DCEU characters then?

I actually enjoyed how Ant-Man and Doctor Strange didn't go for the generic "pillar in the sky" ending and made their villains more personal. Especially with how Mads turned a two issue villain from the Silver Age into something better, as did Corey Stoll, who made Darren Cross into a much more interesting character than he ever was in the comics. Pretty much what Ultron should've been.

Doomsday and Incubus were pretty bad ideas, though. Doomsday was unnecessary, and didn't fit very thematically. Lex came off more as autistic than a mad scientist, so that might be why.

Incubus was more of a symptom of the problems plaguing Suicide Squad. It turned the Ostrander book into a pretty ugly mess that tried aping other superhero films, without getting what made the Suicide Squad and Secret Six concept work.

>Ultron has never been a top tier physical threat
The fucker shrugs off thor's blows and is made of vibrenium, I mean as much as people don't like BvS , Doomsday fucked up the trinity good iwth his bare hands

Reminder that writers don't write the script.

Nope, I'll take the ninja turtle over the T-comedian any day

He can take it, but he can't really dish much out.

*actors

>Doomsday was unnecessary, and didn't fit very thematically.
If anything they made him fit MORE thematically than Doomsday ever did before by making him the living embodiment of Superman's mistake in killing Zod.

I really like their version of Lex too.

Nah, force of nature>non threatening jokester.

>Superman's mistake in killing Zod.
It wasn't a mistake though.

>this is what snyderfags actually want
It must be killing you how many corporate approved quips and fun will be shoved into Justice League.

So basically it's the guy giving Lex the Motherbox at the end of BvS?

is that really so bad?

>force of nature
>literally just an alien zombie created by a goofy faggot
kek

yeah

From their point of view?
Kinda.

That's kind of an interesting point, Doomsday was always a shit villain and while he looked like total garbage in BvS I do like that he's a resurrected Zod rather than the random monster with a much more vague connection to Supes in the comics.

Actions speak louder than words, he cause a lot if destruction and was unstoppable.

It looks like a generic space alien and the slapped on horns because it's Steppenwolf, I was hoping the colours would be better, but going off the Lego it's probably just going to be grey

Using Steppenwolf was retarded from the get go

How so? It lets them introduce Apokolips without blowing their load on darkseid so soon

that's DC for ya

Seeing Flash fire energy blasts would be unique

We alread saw him throw a windball in the Flashpoint film

So are all the new gods going to be monster men?

because Steppenwolf is worst New God

use fucking Kalibak or something

or maybe go a different route from generic action movie and use Granny Goodness and Glorious Godfrey

I bet Darkseid is going to be a cloud

that's the worst batvehicle I've ever seen

Laurence Fishburne being possessed like Dan Turpin
I wouldn't actually mind that

You're a fucking dumbass, that's a Mother Box and it's way cooler than a Cosmic Cube ever was.

You think that's Darkseid? I don't think you know anything.

>unironically taking the bait
>twice

>use fucking Kalibak or something
Kalibak is not a leader. Glorious Godfrey isn't involved in the physical invasion. I wouldn't mind Granny Goodness though.
Steppenwolf is Darkseid's general. It's a logical choice.

I skipped my classes today and I have nothing better to do.

>because Steppenwolf is worst New God
Fuck off buddy, Steppenwolf is the swaggiest motherfucker on Apokolips.

Or at least he was before the no-bright-colors brigade showed up.

>Glorious Godfrey isn't involved in the physical invasion
no shit, that's why I said "different route from generic action movie"