Homestuck

Why does the author hate this character so much?

I have no idea, which sucks, because for a good long while, he was one of the best characters, next to John and Dave.
Then Caliborn comes along and becomes the best one of all, and everything else seems to pale in comparison.

I think Hussie just grew to hate Homestuck in general, honestly. Now that Voxus is shelling out the openbound let's read; a lot of the flavor text after looting items that's made by hussie really makes it sound like he was just down and done with Homestuck in general; and the fanbase along with it. With what he put up with, I don't blame him. But in all reality, a lot of what he had to 'put up with' was his own fault in letting his fans become his 'friends'; and let them have any form of input when it comes to Homestuck was really a big downfall. I mean hell, look at what Cohen did to Homestuck in the little time he's had creative reign of it.

I really don't want to look at what Hiveswap will be, since it's basically an overglorified fanventure funded by the fans.

it's not funded by fans anymore man. they wasted all the money, then fired the previous team to work with a smaller team and use the money out of their own pocket.

Because cancer killed his dad.

>let them have any form of input when it comes to Homestuck was really a big downfall
It's fucking MSPA, that's the entire gimmick.

Why does the author love this character so much?

user tits.

Because it's hilarious and I hope comic Hussie actually hates him for no reason.

She's obese.

>this character
He hates Homestuck and the Homestuck fanbase in general.

I hate both of those things as well. You're all faggots for enjoying that boring story and I got so tired of waiting for this shit to end that I don't even care if he starts making something as good as Problem Sleuth after this. Its not going to be the same, his sense of humor is probably all out of wack after years of homestuck, its just fucking dead.

That entire gimmick was removed in act 5. Yes, Hussie made winks to the fanbase and shit after that; but he took the reigns afterwards, disallowing people from the outside having any input on the comic.

Ironically enough, the only one who could have any input on what happened in the comic afterwards, was not only up to him like it should have been; but also to his close circle of friends/girlfriend. And those 'close circle of friends/girlfriend' were fans of his comic. That does not mean that 'all of the fans' had an input like how MSPA's 'original' gimmick was. It was the complete opposite. Now only his friends could have an input on what happened, leading up to some glaring problems.

So if you could not take what I said out of context that'd be great. Because I found it kind of ironic that you didn't include the part where I said 'But in all reality, a lot of what he had to 'put up with' was his own fault in letting his fans become his 'friends'; and let them have any form of input---'. Not just anybody in general, which is what you seemed to imply because you purposely took what I said out of context.

Alright, let's now talk about Hiveswap. Those hivesmut fanfics aren't gonna write themselves

B-but hiveswap /IS/ a fanfic; user!

I want it to succeed, but I feel like it's way off the deep end now. Honestly, I'm a bit scared seeing what the end result is going to be after so many delays. I'd be surprised if that many people even knew what Hiveswap is after this whole fiasco, except for the people who waited years after opting into the kickstarter anyways. Hell, even a lot of those people probably forgot it's been so long.

Will we get another Snapchat update?

Oh fuck.
>Beach update
>John hungrily stalking little kids
>Jane, Jade, Roxy and Calliope are getting fucked hard by random men
>Dave and Dirk call Karkat problematic while burying his dead body under sand
>Jake eating sand while Rose and Kanaya watch concerningly (the joke is Jake is fucking retarded)
>Terezi showing her fat ass and typing "WH4T'S 4 B34CH?" while Equius gets sucked into the blackhole and screams in horror
>Caliborn and Gamzee wear beach clothing and pose on his planet
>the end

Goddammit, even if some reason it is "like Broken Age" or better than it or whatever, I sincerely don't see it getting a good reception after so long. Hell, it's a point-and-click adventure game. Those only work if it either has nice puzzles or great story. At this point no puzzle in the world can save it, and regarding story we all know what happened the last time.

This is retarded. I make a thread about Homestuck actually asking something and it gets deleted, while this same exact thread with the same exact template is allowed to be posted over and over like it was /hsg/ or some shit. Damn.

Anyway, how did people react when there was no update on 4/13?

>Trump's weapons: the entire US military
>Cohen's weapon: Writing more homosexuality into a shitty adventure game that's never going to come out
Hmm...

>this character

If you liked Karkat (or Terezi, or Vriska, or Kanaya) you were one of the lucky ones.

I feel bad for fans of Eridan, he got shafted so hard considering his popularity. I really liked Sollux, Feferi and Tavros myself - big mistake. And we won't even talk about what happened to Gamzee.

Eridan got his happy ending with Shrek. I don't feel bad for him.

Man. Just look at this and tell me that it's not the most depressing thing in the world. This was the nail in the coffin that confirmed that I should have serious doubts about this game in general; let alone it being good. This was before Hussie even announced that Cohen was storyboarding the whole thing.

At least you weren't banned for 'spamming' like I was the last time I tried creating a thread. I was in that thread you made too. As for 4/13; people weren't surprised at all. Some people were annoyed/pissed, saying it was the nail in the coffin that hussie genuinely doesn't give a shit about Homestuck anymore other than marketing. And that other than that, he was ready to toss it to the side and do anything else but deal with homestuck. There were also some people who were claiming that they were done; and didn't even care about hiveswap, or homestuck anymore.

Other people were like 'WELL... he DID say in his blogpost that there was NOTHING happening on 4/13' like they seemed to forget all the other times he's bullshitted; saying nothing will happen, only for something to definitely happen in a big way. And how he worded it definitely seemed like that.

Other than that, there wasn't much out of the usual. Some people were mad, some people weren't, just saying that he's already come out with Hiveswap info; and asking what else did they want. etc etc etc.

Forgot the picture.

>-12 points
>-9 points
I hate Reddit.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Exactly my reaction when I saw the downvotes come flooding in. I even added an edit trying to explain that some of it was heavy sarcasm, but it was still intended to be like 'yo you might wanna check on your animations, because even in the introduction over half of it looked like shit that came right out of a flash game; and this is kind of a multi million dollar game man'.

Depends on the reddit.
This case, it's Homestuck reddit, what did you expect? It leans more on the tumblr side and people there get triggered by anything. Remember on the day there was a mass gay murder they started doing shitty homo posting to "honor the dead" or something.

This is the kind of thing that would offend the dead further for god's sake!

Problem is from the homestuck reddit in itself. We are talking about people that defended Act 7.

Regardless of stuff, you can always find apologists or people with different opinions. We are talking about people that GLADLY liked what they received

Huh? Not to get all Sup Forums in here but shouldn't getting your game to run at a high frame rate not be challenging, like, at all? I thought framerate was almost exclusively an optimization-hardware issue. I've never heard of a game LITERALLY BUILT to not be able to achieve 60 fps.

That post was probably about the 2D version. They'd have to physically draw all the inbetweens.

the crawling animation is absurdly low framerate but its equally absurd to expect 60fps from frame by frame animation, but then that's their fault for not just using a 3D model for animating so the software can fill in frames by itself

Yeah, not to mention the person who was in part of the animation/artist team said 'ITS TOO HARRRRRRRRD' when their job is to do what was asked.

You can do something called 'video interlacing' which is basically adding more frames to the game to make it smoother; but in turn, can sometimes make things look a little weird. Like yeah, your game can run at 60fps (frames per second) all you want, but if you only have 3 frames of an animation in the game; having 60 fps will just make it transition smoother.

A good example would be getting 60 fps in anime using codecs such as SVP (smooth video project). Even if the base video was supposed to be rendered at 30, you can have video interlacing extend the frames to push out 60 instead of 30. Making panning look fucking amazing, along with well animated scenes that have more than two or three frames.

Who is the best human and why is it Kanaya?

>They'd have to physically draw all the inbetweens.
A game can run at 60fps without being animated at 60fps

I was halfway being sarcastic with the 60 fps thing. I didn't literally mean draw everything in 60 fps; I just wanted the animations to not look like absolute garbage when over half of the ones just in the intro did. I mean look at the worm vs joey animation for example; like the guy mentioned. There were probably 3 frames in that, and a lot of skewing and panning. I mean fuck sakes, they hired an 18 year old who's not even that experienced at animating participate in this; then make excuses on why it looks bad because 'it would takeee too longgggg'. Just genuinely makes me embarrassed even thinking about it.

I remember Freedom Planet before getting patched and Spark the Electric Jester are known for having bizarre fps issues with old laptops running it at 60fps and gaming pcs barely reaching 20. But normally this is cause they were small teams or something (forgive me if I was wrong on this)

Like, in Hiveswap, even with all setbacks it had with Odd Gentleman, how could a point and click out of all things and with that damned quality have those issues?

I get the feeling they hired them first and then decided on all the 2D animation focus because of that, instead of the other way around

Such a tidy handwriting.

I miss the old Hussie, straight from SO Hussie
Respond to the prompts Hussie, 2 in the morning update Hussie
I hate the new Hussie, the dead inside Hussie
The always quiet Hussie, no news bout the Hiveswap Hussie
I miss the sarcastic Hussie, drew his own comic Hussie

Fuck insides. People of good will should kleinbottleize him in the least painful way possible.

What does any of this mean

Klein bottles are like Mobius strips but in 3D. It is a shape with effectively no inside.

But why fuck insides. Why should people kleinbottleize him, and specifically in the least painful way possible. What sort of delusion fueled this rant?

Why is Dave drawn with a douche earning now

At least he's white and at least Jade is a girl

Or is she?

She has boobs and is pregnant

>implying men can't be pregnant
>implying jade isn't ftmtf

>Reddit leans Tumblr

True but r/Homestuck has more blind Homestuck fanboys than Tumblr desu

>tropical girl and guy who lives in texas having heat trouble
What

>pregnant
Oh, I see now.

Yeah, note the curvature

Well, now THAT is surprising. Wasn't reddit the middleground of Sup Forums and Tumblr?

>pregnant
Are you sure that it isn't an erection, so engorged and turgid that she's able to have it reach through her pants and up into her shirt?

No matter where you live 123 degree weather fucks you up.

Reddit's got huge support for the yaois, but hates the headcanon crap and generally disliked the ending, though it still has a lot of sycophants and is the main place where people would call you homophobic for hating Davekat.

It's a flesh colored bump around her stomach

Could be a semipenis

>see a post whining about how davejade is sunk and dave and karkat are monogmous
>icels likes it
Every time

Jade doesn't even wear reminders when she's God Tier.

>forgetting the red string dave gave her

Wasn't that attached to a note?

And it sucks. She's better with them.

She still wore it afterwards like a ring.

why

They're definitely a step above the tumblr fanbase, even if the sub has gone to shit

what went wrong?

"A few more weeks," huh?

>they expected multiple episodes

Sauce? I need more tummy jade in my life

He did the Kickstarter before he ended the comic. That's the root of everything that destroyed Homestuck and Hussie.

You can argue the trolls were also a terminal bad idea but a lot of that is backlash and most of the people chased off the comic by Hivebent never had the patience for Homestuck's true scope.

Do you really though

>implying she's not cute
Pat, don't do that.

Act 5. Monkey Paw effect.

Oh my fucking god this is hilarious.

I'd racially mix with that pupster

She was a keeper of unnamed secrets, a librarian of dreamy visions, and there was a colorful code as a catalogue. Don't you love colorful codes?

You just like girls with strings on their fingers, don't you you weirdo

>she will never tie reminders onto your dick coded to remind her what to do to you in bed

Do... those pants have holes in them, and those holes are covered with plastic?

That is the single gayest thing I have seen.

>That is the single gayest thing I have seen.

It gets worse. Notice how Dave is white, Rose is black... and Roxy is mixed.

I think we all got that

>They planned a sequel

Actually, I like her granddad. Well, no, I like his interdimensional flying ship. But yeah, girls with eerie doomrelated stuff on fingers, they're fine, they will do.

At this point I'm used to it. If Roxy was black, had dyed pink hair, a fedora, and wore hipster clothing, THEN I would call it extremely gay. This is pretty tame compared to everything else, sans faggot pants.

>they had a book about Hiveswap's journey to the white house

That's not Jade

Yeah but she's an incest baby in this

Hussie liked Jade enough to break up Davekat to give her a happy ending

>wasting an entire USB on act 7

Is this real?

He made her OP as shit and shafted her repeatedly because he didn't know what to do with post-dogmode

And that there's a drawing 'Dirk' made on the fridge.. He's not mixed.

>and shafted her repeatedly

Guess Hussie really is Dave then!