Is this actually possible?

Is this actually possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/use-a-capsized-boat-as-a-submarine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

you'd have to pull it down pretty hard but yes

it takes a lot of effort but its possible

They had very heavy shoes

no there's no way two men would have enough strength to keep a boat submerged underwater like that

yes but you have to have hulk tier strenght

you mean weigh a lot

Shit no. There's no way two people could pull a boat that size full of air underwater.

If they were made lead it might be, but the human body wouldn't have enough weight to pull down a boat with that much air in it

Wouldn't the boat just float up along with them?

>a lot of effort
you'd have to have fucking weights strapped to you to keep it down. there's no way

yes if they are strong or heavy enough to hold it down there
thats how diving bells worked

If they weighed like 1000lb each then they could

creating a pocket of air underwater is 100% possible. don't know about the walking on the bottom of the sea part though

For you.

Pretty sure they tried this is mythbusters.

it's possible jack or will had a shitload of gold on them

they'd have to be literally made of gold for this to work

apparently the spanish used a giant diving bell to recover treasure lost in shipwrecks

they lowered indian slaves to the bottom of the sea and told them to get back the gold

understandably, lots of indians died doing this, but the spanish didn't give a fuck and just sent more

>encyclopedia brittanica
nigga just use google

>jack
sbaroo?

it's easily doable
you have to let escape all the air inside the canoe first (IE by immersing it sideways)

wait, are they using it to breath underwater? then it's bullshit.

Looks pretty fucking comfy but also terrifying. Anybody watch 47 meters down? Pretty decent flick. These dumb bitches get in a rusty old ghetto shark cage from some tour guide in Mexico and the shit snaps off the winch and plummets to the bottom of the ocean. It's litty.

No and the MythBusters demonstrated this:
From MythBusters Episode 92: Pirate Special 2

according to the MythBusters' calculations, it would take roughly 2,000 pounds of force to hold down the buoyant boat, making this feat pretty much impossible for mere mortals to pull off.

discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/use-a-capsized-boat-as-a-submarine/

Isn't that what happened to some boat with some refugees or some shit, where they found him days later in the pitch black in the boat or something?

You could do it if you're dense as fucking iron.

It doesn't need to be filled to the brim with air. But they'd start getting hypoxic pretty quick.

I think it was a Nigerian fisherman. Scary shit

Air weighs fucking nothing you idiot. It's different from gravity, which actually has pull.

Yep. He survived for 60 hours in an air pocket of his boat that capsized.

why did he have weights all along the side of his boat?

one of the guys was immortal

good thing one of them wasn't a mere mortal so then it was feasible for them to pull it off

cant tell if troll or can't even buoyancy..

Watched it
When its revealed she was having a hallucination the whole time, whoah

Here's the problem. Even if they put enough weight in the boat to make it neutrally buoyant, the problem is that only their heads can get into the air pocket. There is too much water pressure for them to be able to expand their lungs to take a breath.
This is why scuba tanks are pressurized, to force air into your lungs and before that you needed diving bells and good lungs to do anything under water until modern times.

the air would gain pressure with depth making it even steven

how big would be the pressure? seems like they aren't really that deep judging by lighting

Yes. I can't believe no one has mentioned this.

The front of the boat is down more. They are pushing it forward, not holding it down. If they stop pushing it forward it will float up, but as long as they push it forward and it is angled down, the water will help them keep it on the bottom.

yes and no. can you breathe under water like that? yes for a short time. can you actually hold a boat of some sort under water? fuck no. you can't even walk on the bottom unless you have enough weights to hold you down(scuba drivers have to use weights too) not to mention walk on the bottom while holding a fucking boat full of air that wants nothing more then to float to the top.

You all retarded? Haven't you ever watched Jaws? A great white shark had trouble submerging with a buoy attached to it, holding a similarly sized air pocket, and you wonder if 2 scrawny guys can pull this off?

Didn't Mythbusters physically do this?

that explains why it sunk

Jack wasn't immortal until the fight with Barbosa after he took one of the coins.

one of them was immortal

No he wasnt

That dude is a fuckin survivor.

yes. he was immortal when he did this. watch the movie again

But was he a 2000 pound immortal?

To put it simply it's physically possible but not humanly possible. The physics work out but no man is strong enough to do it.

What do I look at?

who knows what he had in his pockets at the time? he was a pirate after all

FILTHY PIERATS AAAARGH!

This is the funniest post I've seen on this board in a while. Thank you.

There's a reason a snorkel is only as long as it is. You don't have to get that deep under water before your diaphragm isn't strong enough to expand you're ribcage to take a breath against the water pressure.
You can experiment yourself, get a couple feet of old garden hose and use it as a snorkel, see how deep you can get and make it work.
Now if that boat was deep enough that they could get their chest above the water line, they would be fine, but they can't, so they're not.

no idea, stopped watching that shit years ago. i do know that i used to try doing the same shit in my pond and it's simply not possible unless you have weights to hold both the boat and yourself down

>we named the monkey, jack!

Is this possible?

lurk more

jagg, lityl mongey... jagg. haa

they're a dying breed

How bad was the newest movie?

Why has no one asked how much air is in there or how buoyant the boat is to begin with? If it doesn't have much air and relies primarily on displacement to float, then it wouldn't be very hard.

what doth life?

Not for a Jedi.

Sauce?

not unbelievable. there use to be more indian slaves than african ones.

aiiiii

sbanish?

yes, they have a giant pocket of air inside the canoe

let me show you what my cordiality is hombre

*runs onto land*

(You)

yagposting back to it's roots (thread derailing shitposting)

yeah this thread got YAGGED

They did

based

Didnt he say he could hear the dead bodies being eaten by fish or some shit? I dont want to even imagine being in that situation

love how natural it came, 1 guy mentioned jack, then someone posted sally and it went with the flow

this cgi looks atrocious wtf. why is it always praised. looks worse than the first film

It only looks atrocious because they are modelled to move as if they were submerged in water, explaining the stupid hair movement

only that floating hair and stuff was CGI
>yfw finally gauht yagsbaroo

>sbarros face

You just KNOW

NOOO THER IS NO TREASEH THAT COULD TIP HYM!

If the boat is really heavy maybe, but that wouldn't be good for regular use then.

yea it's like a plunger

HE WILL TIP AS WILL YOU

Wouldn't it be hard to hold down? I think it would pull them both off the bottom to the surface.

not at all.

No, the gravity would make all of the air in the canoe fall to the bottom of the ocean

Imagine starving to death all alone in the dark down there