Rogue One #2 (May 3)
Adventures in Wild Space #6 (May 4)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/68icmj/padmes_wardrobe_was_criminally_underrated_in_my/dgyuw4j/
youtube.com/watch?v=ep98a0mDiIc
youtu.be/AiM5zEEI_Jo?t=148
extranewsfeed.com/at-salt-lake-fan-convention-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-co-screenwriter-shares-insights-into-5d43c9c1f60b
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jar Jar is the key to all this

who all is getting Guardians tomorrow?

>This is the last thing the people of Alderaan see when they look up.

How many people's last words were: 'What's with the ha-'

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/68icmj/padmes_wardrobe_was_criminally_underrated_in_my/dgyuw4j/

>guy says he likes the Prequels and thinks they were top notch
>immediately a billion replies from idiots pointing out how he's wrong

I fucking hate people like this

>say I don't like the prequels and think they were disappointing
>immediately a billion replies from idiots pointing out how I'm wrong

it's the same on both sides man

I wish there weren't idiots who would defend the prequels. They were absolute unsaveable dogshit. The setting was interesting, and that's why we have expanded universe.

I mean.. what do you expect?
It's like saying something like "Donald Trump is a great man and maybe has minor flaws but will be a great president".
Of course people are gonna come and say how they disagree with that in million ways.

I hope filoni's next show is staring mark hamil as luke skywalker, fighting pirates and searching for anciant jedi mysteries while setting up his new academy.

>They were absolute unsaveable dogshit
Your opinion is not a fact but I know this post is pure bait to start the PT vs ST vs OT all over again

best Padme dress was the victory/peace celebration gown at the end of TPM when she handed that electric orb to Boss Nass, prime Hershlag

>Laser comes out of the hat

>I grew up reading the Junior Jedi Knights, Young Jedi Knights and the Academy trilogy and whole bunch of other shit. Doesn't matter how shitty Kevin J. Anderson (and his wife) were ultimately at writing, I never the less have fond memories of those characters and stories. They grew up in the books, and I grew up irl.
tfw Star by Star

Wow, they're here too. I thought only Redditors would defend meme movies like this.

ABSOLUTE UNSAVEABLE DOGSHIT

>her elaborate headdresses weren't actually her hair
>they were hats designed to look like hair

WTF

>hats designed to look like hair
you mean a wig?

Fancy, convincing wigs have been a staple of the elite/monarchy for millennia.

>Celebration at the end of ANH
>Celebration at the end of TPM
>Helicopter/drone shot of two people standing still at the end of TFA
Biggest letdown for me

No,I mean all this sort of shit

>TFA didn't copy ANH enough
Will we never be happy?

I like TFA a lot but fucking hell was that moving helicopter shot at the end unbelievably terrible

post slutty lewd starships with exposed superstructure

Luke is Sup Forums, Reddit is Harrison ford, Star Wars is Fisher and you're the bitch

Kinda jarred with the visual style of the movie.

WTF, I love R2 and C3PO now!

So a wig.

>r/starwars

Well there's your first mistake.

>R2D2 (DOUBLE Ds)

KEK

Friendly reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=ep98a0mDiIc

half the posts on there are "DAE actually LIKE the prequels??" with a thousand upvotes so I don't even know what he's trying to prove.

Also who fucking cares what redditors think anyway

>A trio of orphaned siblings, living on a space station, dealing scrap and salvaged parts.
>Dont want no trouble with the Empire, dont care about the Rebel agenda either.
>Just trying to scrape by, to earn enought credits for rent, food and to keep their own ship running.
>Unknown for everybody, the youngest boy is Force-sensetive, didnt even start to discover his talents.
>One day, their path cross with a misteryous woman who claims to be one of the fabled Jedi and who seems to be very interested in the Force-sencetive boy.

Disney keeps pumping canon full of the same old boring "Rebels VS Empire" stories done to death in EU, often done better. And yet THIS goldmine of potential is given "dont take it seriously" Lego treatment and shoved aside to the non-canon material?

With proper writing we could have had something glorious, something between Firefly and Babylon 5, something more or less unique for SW. Such a waste.

The Y-Wing is not lewd! It is a proud and noble starfighter!

>non-canon lego game made for 3 year olds
>all this analysis

for what purpose

>game

SHE'S A SKANKY MILF THAT WANTS YOUR REBEL D

Why are prequel haters so autistic? I never see prequel fans telling people to not watch the OT or shove their own opinions down their throat.
All it takes is a little positive comment like "duel of the fates is a pretty neat track" and you get hundreds of replies with people bringing up sand.
People can like whatever the hell they want.

R2 needs to be more of a shortstack

Liking stuff is forbidden on the internet user.

Poe blew up the Starkiller base, where's his medal and celebration?
Why did Rey get celebration?
Why didn't they send Poe to get Luke?

Washed up old whore

I agree. It's a shame the Freemaker story is a non-canon Lego story. Because it is a good story.
And I wish we had more stories like it, about regular people who don't really have anything to do with either side and live like normal people.

What's the purpose of liking stuff?

I just think, that the basic concept is cool and unique and deserves a more serious show then it was given.

Arent you guys getting sick of how safe and vanilla the new canon is?

Nothing about TFA made sense, and it didn't even have a heartfelt and honest story to cover up the plot-holes

What a waste

What does that make the X Wing?

Dis anyone else assume Nien Nunb was short before TFA? Like, not ewok short or anything just not full human size?
He just looks small next to Lando and his big eyes always seemed to suggest he might be small. I assumed he was this charmingly diminutive little imp. So seeing him in TFA as a full-sized grotesque monster-man was a little unsettling.

All I want is a live-action prequel-era movie with non-cgi clones and cool underground coruscant stuff

maybe chuck a jedi in there too idk

>Arent you guys getting sick of how safe and vanilla the new canon is?

I am. And that's why I'm reading EU shit. Currently reading the Han Solo trilogy.

I want to fuck that togruta

Yeah, I actually thought his entire speces was short.

>He just looks small next to Lando
He was sitting in a wookie-sized seat. It could make anyone look small.

Two nitpicks I have about this scene
>C-3PO's arm is back to gold for some reason
>Ello Asty who died during the SK base attack is standing two people behind BB-8

We see him next to a rebel soldier at the end of ROTJ and they're about the same height

youtu.be/AiM5zEEI_Jo?t=148

We see one of them next to Wedge in rotj

Forgot pic

>Is Snoke from The Force Awakens Darth Plagueis the Wise?
>“I don’t think so, personally,” Martin said, wondering if any evil entity that “undermines Palpatine” would be seen in the films.

extranewsfeed.com/at-salt-lake-fan-convention-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-co-screenwriter-shares-insights-into-5d43c9c1f60b

Who else /technounion/ here?

Do you think Ben was always an autistic Vader fanboy, or was it all just Snoke fucking with his head?

Autism, it pulls at him, it calls to him... eventually he will be consumed by it.

I think he was always interested in the Dark Side, he was a young man separated from his parents at an early age and even his own mother would admit he inherited her temper and then some
I think the revelation about his family history crystallized a lot of his thoughts about the Dark Side and helped explain his constant temptation by it. Snoke fully capitalized on that, and the rest is history
I really hope they retcon or explain away the whole "Snoke influenced Ben" plot, I really do. Its a much more interesting story if he fell of his own accord, and all Snoke offered was a place to land and continue learning

Pablo's response to if the ST is using George's ideas

can the debate finally fucking end now

but I hate JJ and Disney???

Where was Uncle Luke in his life then? You'd think he'd try to help his nephew out.

George said something completely different

It will never end unless we ever get a full release of whatever scripts/story Lucas proposed that Disney rejected
And even then, it will be replaced by the debate over whether or not what Lucas presented was better, and how much of Lucas' original ideas influenced the ST

Meanwhile, on the planet Dagobah...

didn't realize Lucas only wrote a treatment for 7 rather than all 3

>George said something completely different

George is constantly contridicting himself and others. At this point I think he might be a pathological lier.

Luke was running around the galaxy, trailing Ben and however many others he'd brought into his nascent Jedi Order.
That and lets not forget Luke struggled with the Dark Side too, he probably offered advice but couldn't really get through to Ben in time

WHO /RABLO/ HERE

Cute!

That pic is way inaccurate.

They heavily altered his story plans for TFA, hence his upset and disapproval of TFA, but Lucasfilm is still following his story outlines for the rest of the trilogy.

I thought this was common knowledge here on /swco/

>Lucasfilm is still following his story outlines for the rest of the trilogy

scroll up user, he only wrote an outline for the first film.

>it was a single brief treatment without any strong delineation for breaks
Sounds less like he wrote a script for even 7, and more like a general outline for the entire trilogy. Basically an early sketch of a new addition to his epic cycle.
It sounds like there were ideas in there that would extend across all 3 movies

>"A single brief treatment without any strong delineation for breaks."

He didn't say it was for a single movie. He pitched the entire ST.

How exactly can Pablo claim Lucasfilm is following George's ideas for the rest of the ST, if they ended at Episode 7

That is not true. The most important elements originated by Lucas such as Rey and Finn being the Solo siblings have been discarded.

>It was a single brief treatment
>"Sounds less like he wrote a script for even 7, and more like a general outline for the entire trilogy"

how the fuck did you get all that from "single brief treatment"

see:
>"it was only for 7."

Maybe it means that George's ideas for Episode 7 weren't radically different from the film we actually got? I know saying that is basically blasphemy around here, but it makes sense if you think of what Pablo is saying as "the main ideas and themes in George's Episode 7 would have been present in 8 & 9 so it's safe to say the ST is staying true to his ideas"

ah, just reread what you wrote. Thought you were saying you thought Lucas wrote a script for Episode 7, my bad!

Yoda gets his shit rekt by the Habogad

The hot girl next door.

Pablo says Lucas did a treatment for 7, Lucas claims he did something for 7, 8 and 9
From what Pablo says when he's asked about that (that bit about the single treatment) it reads like Lucas put forward a bare bones outline of where he'd take the entire trilogy, focusing on 7 as the starting point and as such needing the most details to be laid out.
>Rey and Finn being the Solo siblings
That would go a long way to explain the VERY Luke looking Finn character from the very early concept art. Kind of glad they tossed that, the idea that the Skywalker and Solo lineage just keeps going and fucking up the universe wherever they are and whatever they do was one of the most frustrating parts of the old EU for me

We don't know how much of the important elements still exist, or were changed, because revealing such information would be spoilers, ya dingaling.

I'm sure there are still important ideas that Lucas came up with that are still going to play a part in the rest of the ST.

Why aren't there lightsabers the size of ships to cut into enemy ships?

Lightsabers are haram except for Sith Lords

Ok, but even still, this tweet here very clearly suggests that Lucas had ideas beyond 7 that they are following.

Even if his initial pitch about TFA was the main focus (and was mostly altered in pre-production), Lucas still contributed ideas and plans for the ST that are still being used.

This isn't a secret user. Lucas's ideas have even been used in the Aftermath Trilogy.

It's likely that Lucas threw out literally dozens of post-ROTJ ideas for Lucasfilm, detailing all the key characters and events, but only really focused on the specific story outline of 7. They discarded his Episode 7 plan, but are keeping a lot of his other ideas for the ST era

>Lucas put forward a bare bones outline of where he'd take the entire trilogy, focusing on 7 as the starting point and as such needing the most details to be laid out.
This is likely the case yes. Although Lucas isn't as "barebones" as people give him credit for. Remember, this is the guy who came up with the history of the Sith 20 years before it was even implied in a movie, and wrote about Bane over a decade before actually using the character.

Again, a lot of the Aftermath story came from him.

They tried that, the beam is an absolute energy hog so they could only turn it on for a short period of time, and you need a HUGE ship to power the thing
Why do you think it uses Kyber crystal and has that hilt looking dish?

>oh by the way Luke, there's actually another Jedi out there
>his name's Ezra Bridger, he's your age and way cooler than you and better at using the Force and has ought Vader personally
>maybe look him up too, he'd probably be a useful ally in your quest

Kenobi you dick

The sad beep gets me every time

Ezra will be dead or evil by the end of season 4, let alone A New Hope.

Oh sure, Disney are going to kill off a kid

Good point about Lucas' definition of 'bare bones' being a lot more in depth than most writers
There's some very early concept art of TFA with characters like Kira, Sam and the Jedi Killer who clearly got machined down into Rey, Finn and Kylo respectively

Funny enough, Freemaker Adventures had a lightsaber that could bisect an entire planet.

He's gonna be like 18 or 19 won't he?

He's not a kid anymore, he's at least 17 now
Just early enough for Disney to kill him

He'll likely be 18 before the final episode user.

And kids have died in Filoni's shows before, too.

Why would Ben tell Luke about some dumbass kid who was stupid enough to believe Maul and nearly died wandering the desert?

Also, Ben could tell that this kid was no jedi.

>Why would Ben tell Luke about some dumbass kid who was stupid enough to believe Maul and nearly died wandering the desert?

Fought Vader and survived. Something Kenobi dies not do during the movie.

>oh by the way Luke, there's actually another Jedi out there
>his name's Yoda, he's your age and way cooler than you and better at using the Force and has ought Sheev personally
>maybe look him up too, he'd probably be a useful ally in your quest

Don't be dumb user, Luke knew Ben for like a day, and it was 3 years before Ben's ghost even showed up to kick Luke's butt over to Dagobah, even after Luke had already read about Yoda in Ben's journal.

Also Ezra is just a padawan learner too. Kanan is the only true (technically) knighted Jedi, who Ben (presumably) does not know exist. Not that I think Kanan is going to survive the show, but that's besides the point.