This movie is genius.

kek

Enjoyed it a lot

Explain

THE MOST DIVISIVE MOVIE OF Sup Forums'S GENERATION

let the shitposting begin

What did he mean by this?

it was really good

Is it really? I just got done watching it and wanted to make a thread.

had an argument with my Dad about this movie

he said it was shit so I grilled on why he thought that and he couldn't give me a good answer. fucking idiot

>you will never write a novel to get revenge on your ex-wife by making her feel sorry about her dead aborted child and the man she left

anons either HATE this movie or think it was really great. these threads devolve into SEETHING arguments

Why did he think it was shit? I have a brother who's the same way. He shits on anything that doesn't have a lot of action and has a lot of dialogue.

What's it about?

Movie's fine. But what made it barely unwatchable to me was houw much of a PUSSY gyllenghaal's character was at the hole assault/rape.

The feeling this movie cemented in me: don't be a pussy.

That's every movie on Sup Forums.

How the fuck can you hate this movie though? It was incredibly subtle, minus the glaring hints they throw at you like Honestly it was amazing. It reminded me of Enemy with the dual layer of it's story.

Tom Ford knows what the world should look like.

haahahaa yeah what a dumb ass

But that was the whole point. He was a weak character and found strength in his weakness, in both the novel aspect of the film and the actual story going on.

His weakness ended up killing both his wife and child, just how it did in the real aspect of the story. It was to make Susan feel empathy towards Edward.

ehh he's just a simpleton and I usually tolerate it but sometimes I boil over. he can't handle anything even mildly abstract.

My brother's the same way. Gets me mad too. What can you do though, people with shit taste are always going to have shit taste. Better to just enjoy what you do and let them as well.

idiot that wasnt real

yeah, i get it, and it was nicely performed. the fact that i actually felt angry at the character proves your point

>edwards weak character kill his marriage
>subsequently kills his unborn child too
>tony's inability to protect his family kills his wife and child

What's not to get, user?

sure he was weak but she was the killer of the story. just because he was unable to stop what happened doesnt make him the guilty one

I completely agree user.

A Single Man was miles better. This film tried to do too many different things but wasn't good desu.

Also: Amy Adams fucking sucks.

Fuck you

How is it genius? I don't find anything particularly remarkable about it, aside from that the good actors give mediocre performances (but that's not genius). I did like the opening credits and the stuff with the LA freeway editing right after, though. Do you watch many movies? What are some of your other favorites?