Who owns the rights for Dune movie adaptations?

Who owns the rights for Dune movie adaptations?
Who should be the director?

They already greenlit a new one with Dennis Memeneuve as the director

>This morning, we learned that Denis Villeneuve, who directed Sicario and the heavily Oscar-nominated Arrival, not to mention the upcoming sequel Blade Runner 2049, has signed on to direct a new adaptation of Dune, Frank Herbert’s classic novel about the machinations surrounding a desert planet which supplies the universe’s most valuable commodity.

Bethesda

Legendary and Dennis Villeneuve is on it

I don't think it would make a good movie, better as a series

all female
idris elba
joe sweden
sneed

>all female
Who are the Bene Gesserit

I haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 but I heard good things about it, wich is surprising for a late sequel to such a movie, so it should be interesting.
Too bad we can't jump straight to God Emperor. That would probably make for the most visualy interesting one.

btfo by the quazi-Hendricks

>Too bad we can't jump straight to God Emperor. That would probably make for the most visualy interesting one.
Half of God Emperor was Leto II whining about "tfw no gf because I turned myself into a giant worm" or "tfw cant touch my gf because I turned myself into a giant worm"

>Half of God Emperor was Leto II whining about "tfw no gf because I turned myself into a giant worm" or "tfw cant touch my gf because I turned myself into a giant worm"
I would love to watch that on imax.

They should just cut the stupid shit with his perfectly designed gf that he can't resist despite seeing she is designed to get him killed. I would watch an entire series of God Emperor just pissing everyone off, spouting philosophy, and Duncan getting progressively more pissed and unmanageable ultimately culminating in him getting killed again and again and again. That should be the whole series.

that sounds great

>Legendary
It should be part of the monsterverse.

That's not how it was, he wasn't whining about anything. He knew it would be lonely but it had to be done.

I can't wait for "geeks" and "nerds" to reeeee so loudly they change the axis of the earth and kill us all when they begin the tirade that the movie is just a cheap rip-off of star wars

Didn't they do the same shit wirh John Carter

Someone redpill me on what Dune is about

Rian Johnson

Universal owns the rights to Dune television, film, and video game adaptations

Denis Villeneuve is supposedly working on a Dune movie. It doesn't stand much chance of success but at least if ANYONE alive today can adapt Dune, it'd be him.

A man allahu ackbars a spicy sand planet to start a generations long eugenics project to create a God Emperor in the form of an invincible and immortal sand worm.

It's warhammer 40,000 without the aliens, demons, and satire

They did but John Carter was such a flop the 50 people who paid to see it were virtue signaling at walls

excuse me pleb but rian johnson and jj abrams are people who exist right now

Just delete this bait. It hurts too much