Action 983 Pencils - Superman Family v Revenge Squad!

Also, congrats to Not Capullo for just signing a DC exclusive!

>New Super Man selling like shit
>them moving the artist up to a Superman that is selling
>third arc just solicited

CANCELLATION IMMINENT

I seriously thought that was capullo. them smallfaces

Nice.

Was bound to happen. They could always move him to justice leauge or action comics or trinity.

It's a miracle it made it past 12 issues. Hopefully he'll remain part of the Super-family.
>Inb4 he gets shipped with Kara

I'm really glad DC removed the good artist off the book after raising the price.

Nice seeing Super Lex, even if he's probably gonna be a bad guy again because of Reborn.

The book will stay around a while longer at least until they conclude everything they've been building like Kenans parents and detective comics 1

>he gets shipped with Kara
With Superman's Ki running through him? He'll probably act like a cousin to her if that's what Superman's Ki wants

Fucking bullshit how one of Rebirth's best books is selling badly.

And the other best Rebirth book is moving down to monthly and who knows if best writer will get another book

Best books are the ones that sell more.

There's always the possibility of a relaunch as Justice League China. Plus i'm sure DC dont want to lose Yang.

What kind of idiot would think this? Oh yeah, a retarded namefag.

He should write Action Comics or Superman,. Really sucks that they dropped him in during Truth he deserves another shot.

People who enjoy it more. You hipster faggot. Buying a less known thing doesn't make you better.

Retarded.

I'll miss him on New Superman but I'm glad he's still getting work and wish him good luck.

They sell better because the character headlining the book is well known not because of good writing.

That's really the only way I see this character surviving. A relaunch would buy him another 12 issues. We need to see him unlock all 8 abilities.

Yeah, I am not at all a fan. His Batman looked good, but his actual human faces look absurd,and this guy mimics it perfectly.

Yay kenan is going to be in action comics. Hopefully that gives him a boost otherwise trade sales will probably be the only thing that will give him a chance to last longer than yang

Nope. Writing is subjective. But your favs are objectivly not as good.

Is anyone really surprised?

maybe if he's lucky he'll be put on some kind of team

He's a young artist and being discount Capullo is not a bad thing. Also, apparently Javi Fernandez and Jorge Jimenez are also exclusive. All three are young and pretty good/great so good on them. Still, DC are fucking retarded for not giving Ferreyra an exclusive.

a rebirthtard would think that.

You're trying to tell me that popular characters like Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man are selling because of the writing and not because they're popular well known characters? Bullshit

Do we know yet what book Zircher will be doing art on after Bogdanovic takes over Action Comics?

Remember kids, baiters aren't at fault. The retards that feed them replies are the true shitposters of Sup Forums.

GOOD, SO LONG KENAN, YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED

Being well known is only part of it if the writing is dogshit people won't read your book.

>Basically no chance of a Trinities crossover
It's not fair

I forgot aquamab was going monthly

part of that whole "comics are dying because no one cares about them" thing

I'm pretty sad about this.

Deathstroke is better than Aquaman.

Said no one ever

The point is the monthly or soon to be monthly titles are all better than the twice monthly with the exception of blue beetle

the first tbd isn't even out, Yang is a huge presence at book stores, Amazon, etc...
I think Lee/Didio will keep this for the long run, regardless of sales

>Superman Family
>no Kon
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

...at least I'm not a Cir-El or Chrisfag

You sweet summer child.

Isn't the whole Asian Superman thing Jim Lee's pet project or something?
Also they brought in Yang, someone will proven track records.

There are only a handful of twice monthly titles left. And Blue Beetle's last issue was good.

No, it's Yang's pet project. Lee's pet project is giving Sharp an exclusive and Wildstorm 2.0.

No it was Lee's idea, Yang just bought in on it and actually tried

What's his name again? Bogdanovic or something. Is it possible for artists to sue someone who copies THIS much? Not that Capullo really seem like the guy who sues, but stil.

Name brand > Quality in terms of staying power. Always.

Yes. Victor Bogdanovic. Really surprised the memsters haven't run wild with the last name.

See: Justice League: Rebirth.

People have been shitting on it but it continues to be a top seller

Name brand gets people to put there foot in the door but the writing and characters keep them around. Harley Quinn rebirth is a prime example as it sold more copies than any other rebirth book and more than batman and superman rebirth combined yet the writing has been so bad that it's now selling half their numbers.

Its because he's a brand new character that nobody had heard of before.... the fact his book is good and people really like it doesn't reflect in the big sales numbers.... not everything is black and white, a big name character with a middling/barely acceptable writer is always going to sell more than a brand new character they just took the shrink-wrap off regardless of who's writing it.

unless its like, Moore, or Morrison, or one of those monolithic types.

Capullo is one of Bogdanovic's biggest inspirations, so it's not surprising they're similar.

As long as he doesn't trace or try to pass his work off as Capullo's or vice versa, I don't think Capullo can do anything

Look at the twitter announcement for this guy getting an exclusive. Retards saw the cover for New Super-Man and think Clark is being replaced.

Jim Lee is Korean though.

Does anyone have a Acapulco Superman drawing to see how similar they are?

The only non-jokerised superman image I can think of

Like half of the DC house-style guys would be suing each other.

Why is Blanque there? Couldn't they just bring in Manchester Black again?

He's rumoured to be the villain in tomasi's current black dawn arc.

DC should have pushed Yang onto twitter to rant and rave about how diverse Kenan is, that would have boosted sales numbers for the first 2 issues. I'm kidding of course. But it makes me sad to think New Super-man could be ending soon.[/ spoiler]

>DC are fucking retarded for not giving Ferreyra an exclusive.
They also need to lock Dexter Soy down.

well.... honestly, if you care so much start pushing it on twitter. I think it'll stick around though or theyll fold him into another superbook as a secondary character, he's been to much of a success now to just shitcan the character entirely.

>Still, DC are fucking retarded for not giving Ferreyra an exclusive.

Maybe he didn't want one. Not having one doesn't mean not being offered one.

A great thing about a lot of these guys is their style. They're not going for realism. They're letting some whimsical cartoony qualities in.

Yeah DC has never exactly gone ultra realistic like Marvel tried to do for a while, but it's a concern I always have.

deathstroke is shit

YOU'RE shit

yeah and he wants an Asian Superman.

I binged all the Rebirth BB and that helped. It was sorta boring the first few issues. I like the stuff with Kord's past. Probably the only reason I'm interested.

shilling, if you guys enjoyed New Super-Man you'll probably enjoy this too.

>CANCELLATION IMMINENT

Why are you surprised? I'm just grateful that DC is letting their lower selling books get to #18 instead of taking the axe to them at #6 or #5 like another publisher I could mention

When I hear about these kinds of pushes from the big two, I'm constantly afraid of talentless agenda pushing hacks.

To hear Sup Forums of all places saying it's quality makes me really interested.

To be fair they cancelled a lot of DCU at that range. A stunning act of fan outpouring is all that saved Omega Men.

>Its because he's a brand new character that nobody had heard of before

It's because he's Chinese Superman. I saw so many cunts on normie book and Twitter complain about race swapping Superman and to "Just make a new character". You could tell it was by people who had no intention of reading it or were even keeping up with Superman but trash talked it anyway

It was the same with Flintstones. Idiots saying "Why is DC raping my childhood?"

This entire medium is filled with the biggest piece of shit plebs, I swear.

A lot of those DCYou books were minis weren't they? The only one I can think of that got fucked hard was Prez. Martian Manhunter was a favorite of mine and that made it to 12

I think a lot of them were ongoings built with a single arc in mind just in case cancellation hit.

One of the Green Lantern minis, I forget if it was Edge of Oblivion or Lost Army, was meant to go to 12 issues and it got cut in half. It's plot threads are still muddled up with Rebirth.

I guess a lot of these plot fuck ups will be explained by Manhattan.

Yang is not a hack, for one
For two, I don't remember chinks pushing any agenda in the comic book industry, especially those that actually knows the culture

>One of the Green Lantern minis, I forget if it was Edge of Oblivion or Lost Army, was meant to go to 12 issues and it got cut in half

Nah it had 6 issues as one title and then relaunched as something else in a desperate bid for more sales but nothing actually changed. It was pretty much 12 issues

It changed creative teams though. Not the same story.

Fair enough

>Yang is not a hack, for one
the avatar comics disagree

I guess one of those women is depowered Lana?

If they can keep Superwoman off with an un-Superman Red/Superbro powered Lana, they should be able to do 18 issues with New Superman

>licensed comics
He's literately recognized as a genius for his comic book writing American Born Chinese and Boxers & Saints are in some high school curriculum already

Because Yang's fans are primary trade readers.

>American Born Chinese and Boxers & Saints are in some high school curriculum already

Seller lists reflect this, since American Born Chinese sales seem to rise when September hits.

The most interesting thing about this is how low the Cereal King lands on this list considering how much his trades have been (and continued to be) pushed in things like Essential Graphic Novels (and back of the book adverts) since before 2011's New 52 launched.

That guy is mediocre as all fuck.

You act like Japs, Koreans, and Chinese aren't just grouped together in America.

>There are only a handful of twice monthly titles left.

JL, JLA, Superman, Batman, Detective Comics, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Nightwing, Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, Green Lanterns.

Lots of double shipping books user.

because Johns is a shitty writer

Sup Forums is full of tasteless plebs though.

>all of the double shipped books are boring
what did DC mean by this?

Aquaman and especially Suicide Squad aren't twice monthly.

So are most of the people on that list.

It's a 2016 list, and it includes the kids market and mangakas.

most of those aren't pushed by the second biggest publisher in the world

No, some are pushed by the biggest publisher in the world.

I like how nobody notices how Marvel's star writer isn't on the list at all.

Nigga please, theres some good shit there.

Did they solicite them moving to monthly?