Could somebody please school me on The X-Men...

Could somebody please school me on The X-Men? i've never read any comic but seen some of the cartoon and a few movies but they seem like the type I want to get to know. Sorry if Sup Forums gets this alot but it doesn't hurt to ask. willing to learn, thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations
thepiratebay.org/torrent/10168348/Uncanny_X-Men_by_Chris_Claremont_(Minutemen-Syl3ntBob)
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8872442/X-MEN_(Chris_Claremont__Jim_Lee)_(1989-1991)_plus_Lee_extras
thepiratebay.se.com/torrent/3716048/40_Years_of_X-Men
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Could somebody please school me on The X-Men?

yeah, there's a school in upstate New York that specializes in that sort of thing.

It would probably help if you asked questions.
Nobody is going to give you the whole history of X-Men in Sup Forums posts form.

My bad user I don't know, maybe some of most acclaimed stories and such but on a personal level, what do you think says X-Men?. I wanted to ask if there was a comic service people used like crunchyroll for pdfs or something, I'm just so helpless.

Appreciated user thank you

Here's the link to Sup Forums's recommended reading lists for a variety of X-Men titles
comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865607172/marvel-comic-recommendations

There are shorter or longer lists that should accomodate you.

Can't do much for you on a personal level, my main X-Men soft spot is Longshot and the Mojoverse shenanigans but that's probably not what you're looking for and I don't personally keep a good track on issue numbers and stuff.

> I wanted to ask if there was a comic service people used like crunchyroll for pdfs or something
You mean a paying service? Yeah Marvel has that set up, just google "Marvel digital comics" or something.
If you prefer a more piratey solution readcomicsonline is available.

Wtf no lee/kirby? You will get lost later on.

appreciate the spoonfeed again friends

It's the "really old stuff".
I'm honestly not certain it's required reading, most people who read X-Men never read the original run and get on just fine.
Sure if you're a completionist who needs to see everyone's first appearance because otherwise there might be some reference to it you don't get, go ahead, but it's hardly necessary.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/10168348/Uncanny_X-Men_by_Chris_Claremont_(Minutemen-Syl3ntBob)

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8872442/X-MEN_(Chris_Claremont__Jim_Lee)_(1989-1991)_plus_Lee_extras

Thanks!

my man

> 2012

You couldn't find a more recent X-Recommendation?

You say that like anything good has come out of Marvel's X-Men titles since then.

Most of Sup Forums's reclists are from around 2012, seems people stopped bothering after that.

should't wolverine origins be on that last?

They put out a DVD called "40 Years of X-men" in 2005 that had every Uncanny X-men story from 1963-2005. It might still be in circulation.

I'll buy that! if I can find it reasonably priced of course. nice tip

400$ new 100 used on Amazon.

No you won't. Starting with 1975 Giant Size X-men #1 is easy. The Kirby/Lee X-men is largely forgettable. Only a casual would say it's required reading.

ohhh, maybe i'll see if I can pirate it first..

Ouch. I got mine for around $40 in 2007

just gonna leave this here

thepiratebay.se.com/torrent/3716048/40_Years_of_X-Men

limited seeders but it shouldn't take too long to d/l

no thats just a wolverine story, not an X-men story.

There's an entire Wolverine section on that pic, Slim.

Not only is that torrent from a decade ago, but its from a fake tpb site... jfc how are you ppl so inept at this stuff....

ah, shit. there is too.... i just briefly looked at it.

LibGen has a comics section now just so you know.

Don't worry, the previous poster didn't see that Origins is indeed on that list.
So this is all just really stupid.

lol.... aaaaaaaaaand we're all retarded.

Go read Chris Claremont

Giant Size X-men #1 then Uncanny X-men 94 and keep going till you get sick

>mvp

good night, sweet prince, kentucky's second superhero

you will be missed by everyone except cannonball

dont read anything past 1995.

But Whedon didn't start 9 years after that, user.

yeah i know.

And everyone knows Whedon has the best run in the history of X-Men.

why so serious?

Go to bed Kurt.

Ur the casual for not reading everything.

It is the absolute biggest clusterfuck of drama, chaos, both the best and worst writing, pure confusion, and batshit crazy nonsense you'll ever experience.

It's also the most rewarding.

Welcome to crazy train senpai