Why has every single plot line set up in the first few episodes of the season ended up dissapointing?

Why has every single plot line set up in the first few episodes of the season ended up dissapointing?

>The horseman
Just some literally who shogun haunting Jack because he's depressed

>Jack getting his sword

This one was ok but honestly the episode was soiled because of Ashi and her bullshit

>Ashi and her mother
No resolution, we find out nothing about the cult and how it came to be, her mother just shows up out of nowhere and is anticlimatically defeated by an arrow
Also Ashi is shit

ashi's alright but everything you said is correct

because of your fucking headcanons
who did you want the horseman to be?

why make this thread instead of posing in one of the many other samurai jack threads that already exist?

OP is baiting for attention. Don't waste your (You)'s

>the episode was soiled because of Ashi and her bullshit
Like?

It was honestly less about who the horseman was and how it was resolved. It was solved in like 3 minute of Ashi dick sucking Jack and stating the obvious.

I was hoping there would be a bigger struggle for something that was hyped up from the beginning of the season

>resolution
Resolution for what? It's a cult, Ashi was born to it. Have you not heard of cults before?

It came to be because in the Samurai Jack universe there are gods who you can see and hear, and Aku is kind of like them, so people worship him.

There were no cults in seasons 1-4. Crooks treat him as a boss and weaklings bow to him out of fear, but this was the first time of some crazy chick admiring him to death.

The whole season seems like a bunch of bad decisions.

Everything could have been done better without any real effort to do so. The best recent example is Ashi's part in the last episode.

Why not give her a good fight with her mother over the episode with some cool sequences, art or whatever? Instead we got a cringy sequence of killing shitty orcs that made it all look even worse. And of course because of that the actual encounter with her mother was dumbed down aswell.

Fuck this, it seems like a shitty fanfiction.

>why are people talking about a cartoon on Sup Forums?

Yeah, yeah. Your opinions are facts and that is why you had to make a thread to circlejerk about it.
For what reason you guys never get tired of your own pretentiouness?

Agree with this one. Jack's "determination to die" seemed too shallow, for how much a presence it had on the season.

His determination to dies has been there for decades. He was too stubborn to act it out and needed a good excuse.

Right, and I think that's fine. But it was too easy to break him out of it, which is why the "determination" was weak.

It was only easy because he needed some support to get him to keep living.

Because you're 12 and you can't enjoy nice things.

>There were no cults in seasons 1-4
You kidding me? Aku commanded people to worship him. From there to a cult of personality to an actual cult the distance is tiny.

And even if there weren't, why is it such a stretch to believe people will worship a magical creature that came from the sky and now controls Earth and other planets? Jesus, do you need everything spoonfed to you?

We don't know the mother is dead

which falls through since he technically has a shitton of support in the people he's helped. It's not realistic that nobody tried to help him before Ashi.

>Ashi is going to fight an entire army
>hoo boy I wonder how she will do it
>she just punches them all to death

It was retarded

>the Horsemen
Supposed to be based on ''the warrior who cheated death''. Whole thing represented the Samurai code for failure then you must commit seppuku. Jack was supposed to off himself but didnt because he knows honor can be restored, its not a be all, end all type of thing.

>Jack getting his sword back

The plot for it was understandable, albeit rushed.

>Ashi and her mother

got me here though, this one was pretty meh.

Alright boys let's hear how you would have done it

>move ladybug flashback to episode 1
>leave 2, 3 and 4 as is
>episode 5 Aishi gets saved from the electro rapist by the daughter that got thrown off the cliff
>episode 6 Aishi rejoins the cult with doubts and discovers Jack's accomplishments while trying to hunt for him
>end of episode 6 Aishi renounces the cult and fights her sister, wounding her but letting her live
>meanwhile Jack confronts Omen and resolves it alone kinda like the Kyon Epiphany scene from Disappearance
>episode 7 Aishi looks for Jack and finds him on the mountaintop, meditating
>replace army scene with Aishi defending Jack from the mother and the remaining sister

it's supposed to tie up existing plotlines, not start new ones

Well, it was obviously made as a joke on how Jack had this spiritual journey and drunk fucking tea to recover his sword, while Ashi was, well, fighting an army.

I do think it was kind of lame how she just brute forced her way through, but they obviously couldn't go through same shit they did in episode 3 of season 1 where it was 12 minutes of prep time and 7 minutes of fights because Ashi isn't the focus

Well then don't have her steamroll an army, that's retarded.

I get it the point of it, it shows Ashi going all rip and tear on a bunch of people while Jack's sipping tea, that's pretty funny.

But a group of bandits or assassins would have been more plausible.

Yup, I agree. But it was a complete turn over for me either, it was cool to see people getting stabbed and shiet and reminded me of what you would see in Genndy's Star Wars.

You also have to keep in mind that Ashi was specifically trained to kill Jack who has single-handedly destroyed entire armies.

Sure, I like this better.

Ultimately anything that made Ashi's development more than "Oh Aku was evil all along" would have been better. She needed more time resolving that, and the fact all her sisters died.

>wasn't*
I mean

please, just stop and enjoy the cartoonn

who are you quoting?

I would if Ashi would stop shitting all over it.

Ashi is waifu tier, fuck you

Cry more.

>also Ashi is shit

I agree on every point but this one

Ashi is alright, they just handled her arc poorly

>the mother is actually dead and totally for sure won't show up later

Can't we just have a regular discussion thread of Jack instead on relying on bait threads?

Because Samurai Jack has a simple story and many people are looking too deep into it.

This.
Samuari Jack is an action cartoon show, except everything else that isn't dealing with action to be cliche and predictable.

Go visit the other dozen of Jack threads then

(OP) #
I don't have any problem with the show except pic related. I liked his beard better than his clean look.

I honestly thought Jack was gonna keep his beard and go bear mode on Aku. But looks like he got his sword back now looks like a total chump.

All fair points, but watch as you get labeled as a troll or a moron or a bandwagoner for having any kind of problem with season 5.

Because it's incredibly rushed. 10, 22min ep's is no where near enough and it's now really starting to hurt the show's pacing.

Fuck all the netflix marvel shows have 13, hour long ep's. It's incredibly sad that the powers at be didn't only green lite funds for 10ep's.

>all the netflix marvel shows have 13, hour long ep's. It's incredibly sad that the powers at be didn't only green lite funds for 10ep's

All the netflix shows balance more characters, plotlines, and arcs than this incredibly straightforward season Genndy wanted to do. If you think padding that out to 20 episodes with fluff and filler is a good thing then you have no idea how pacing works. At all.

> Explain why the season is starting to decline in quality
> "lol, you have no idea how pacing works. At all"

There's literally zero reason why it has to be 20 episodes padded with fluff, filler". Pls kill yourself.

>HEY GUYS, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS SEASON NEEDS TO MAKE IT BETTER, THE SAME AMOUNT OF CONTENT CARRIED OVER TWICE AS MANY EPISODES.

Let you never be in charge of making anything. You'd be the movie director who makes a 3 and a half hour movie and call it part 1 of 2. Only, you can't create anything, nor have any sensical critiques whatsoever. Imbecile.

>to death
That's where you're wrong user.

>everyone bitching about not liking the new season.

seriously dude?

>The horseman
Is it the studio's fault that a character with 2 minutes of prior screen time for so heavily overhyped? And as for "literally who", well...who were you expecting?
>The sword
>NO CARTOON VIOLENCE IN MY CARTOON ACTION SHOW, REEEEE
What was meant by this?
>Ashi and her mother
This arc isn't over yet.

Not bad, but how would you resolve the horseman that haunted Jack?

>This kind of thread again

>Someone went out of their way to make this

>This is my coping mechanism for people disagreeing with me, the post

This

None of the things you nerds mention were shown in a way that they were going to be huge mysterious reveals

The horseman was a spooky ghost man trying to get Jack to kill himself. Jack dropped his sword down a hole. Ashi's mom is some crazy bitch who wants to suck Aku's dick even though Aku obviously doesn't give a shit about her if he even knows who she is

All of these were very straight forward from the start and making crazy assumptions that this kids show, which was very simple from the beginning (over a decade ago), would have earth shattering revelations is no one's fault but your own

Pretty sure the horseman was one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. The graveyard scene did have 3 other spirits...

Grey DeLisle is in the voice cast for the last two episodes I think, so Ashi's mother seems to be still alive.

What were you hoping for, an entire episode devoted just to The Omen at the expense of Ashi's characterisation or a furtherance of the plot? Did you want a whole fucking backstory for a ghostly spectre who is obviously a manifestation of Jack's guilt over straying from his purpose?

There did not need to be massive fucking explanations or twenty-minute explorations of stuff like this. Maybe - MAYBE - the pacing was a bit too rushed, but ultimately, everything was resolved well enough to make that a minor problem.

The only problem lies in your entitlement - that is, the idea that you think you deserved to see your exact specific vision of a story you did not create or help shape in any way over the past two decades. This is Genndy's story, not yours. You can express disappointment in the quality of the writing, but saying "I hated this" because it did not match your vision of what you would have forced him to do if you could have done so is not a valid motherfucking criticism, you Cheeto-inhaling fuck. Now go tell your mother to wheel you out of the basement and into the outhouse, you probably need to take a massive shit by now.

Butthurt: the thread

Finally, someone said it.

You guys realize there a like a 40-50 episode gap that we are not seeing?

No one actively seeked him out or realized that he already had support if he paid attention to it. You don't remember the opening with the blue dog aliens being ignored?

>I will make a picture with all the arguments used against me and I will post it in an effort to invlidate them because I cannot refute any of them by myself, I'll look so smart, I'll show them a lesson, I hope I get dubs, that way they'll respect me

>>move ladybug flashback to episode 1

Pointless and would just be saying the same thing as was said elsewhere in the episode. The ladybug flashback was only put in because retards require exposition to understand anything (even the ladybug flashback alone wasn't enough for the mouthbreathers on this board to understand the symbolism). If you're doing general improvements, get rid of the flashback all together and not worry whether the lowest common denominator can understand simple symbolism

I liked it, it was a low key reminder of how fucking strong Jack is. Ashi took down an army with no weapons, Jack took down Ashi x6 with no weapons. It was a good parallel to Aku annihilating armies effortlessly

I hate it. You're cutting out more Jack screentime for Ashi when Jack is the hero and she's the sidekick.

>There did not need to be massive fucking explanations or twenty-minute explorations of stuff like this

Granted, given how much difficulty this board (and most of the internet for that matter) has understanding any narrative without having exposition vomited at them, it apparently is

Yeah well Aishi already cut deeply into Jack's screentime by inserting herself into his arc

What the fuck kind of answer is that? You need 20-30 minutes more material about Ashi to restate what's been shown so far because what you were given isn't obvious enough for you, but Ashi serving her purpose a supporting cast member to help fix Jack because Jack lost his grip on reality is too much? So what is it?

>there are people who seriously didn't understand the shogun was death the first time he appeared
Jack can't age and is literally running from death. Holy shit
>sword
This is the only weak part. Complete deus ex
>Ashi and mother
If you think the mother is dead you're an absolute moron. Her VA was present in that room where they had the ending animatic.

Will you mongs actually wait before the series is over before shitposting?

What I want to know is why even have a huge time skip in the first place?

It's not like the series couldn't have picked up where the original left off. This seemed really unnecessary and isn't really forwarding the plot out side of buying time to give Ashi a chance to grow up but we could have done that without a time skip anyways. It's not like Aku didn't know Jack was coming and he's had plenty of time to rule the future.

>his is Genndy's story, not yours.

Fuck Genndy and Fuck you. It's his story? No shit but get this through your sycophantic skull, writers need fans more than fans need writers.

Gendy isn't writing this shit on his own dime and distributing it for free. He's banking on the nostalgia of long time fans. He's banking on AS funding and airing this project.

You're damn right the fans are entitled. We're the only reason he's even getting a chance to do this shit at all. He doesn't have to kowtow to our every demand but he damn better make the show entertaining for us and if he doesn't we're gonna call his ass out on it. That means making sure all your plot hooks make sense and are satisfying and not just toss away bullshit.

So fuck off your "entitlement" bullshit you retarded fanboy cunt.

That's not what it means, in fact, it means nothing, it represents nothing, not everything has to have a deep meaningful message, it's just the ghost of ancient legendary samurai who was luring Jack into comminting seppuku after bringind dishonor to the samurai path, because the samurai code says that commiting seppuku is the only honorable thing he could do at the moment, that's it, no hidden deep meaningful methaporical bullshit, just a ghost, that's all.

No, he doesn't need you or your unsolicited opinions. You can't change what he made and he's already done. You don't have a vision, you nitpick and you bitch, thinking you can do better despite you not being a writer, artist, storyboarder, editor, or anything of value. You haven't made a show, so you can bitch about it with your other fanatics as you fight and squabble over something you cannot change.

Go write your fanfics or something, because that's being more honest about what you want to happen.

>any time someone mentions one of the plotlines that ended in disappointing fashion
>REEEE you just have an elaborate headcanon, john f gennedy can do no wrong!!!

I bet you had all sorts of opinions about Korra.

Horseman wasn't even the end to that plotline. Purging Anger Jack was. Anger Jack directly led to horseman.

It would be more conducive to conversation if they did rather than "MY OPINIONS ARE FACT"

Oh boy here we go again.

he doesn't need it to be financially successful
at all
there's zero chance of it being cancelled before they finish making it, and Genndy's career has been successful enough that he can retire whenever he wants

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

that sounds like a personal problem mate. I'm enjoying this show more than anything I've seen on tv in years

>Her VA was present in that room where they had the ending animatic.

She could be voicing someone else

Her voice is highly ubiquitous among cartoon characters

>her voice actor was present in the room
grey griffin voices literally every single female character who isn't ashi or her sisters in this season.

>you Cheeto-inhaling fuck. Now go tell your mother to wheel you out of the basement and into the outhouse, you probably need to take a massive shit by now.

Woah user

Calm your autism, such obscenities are only reserved for people who are actually acting retarded, such as yourself

>literally every single female character who isn't ashi or her sisters

Let's see, that leaves the mother, and...

Uh user nowhere did it say Jack's screentime got cut

the rave wymen

You're not making more episodes, you add more scenes, that time comes from elsewhere.

>all of scotsmans daughters
>olivia
>the short silhouetted thing that tells ashi where jack is
>the random chick that punts scaramouche on the boat
>and any other random female they might add as a last minute presence

Scenes are not being added, they're being rewritten.

I don't get the difference between anger Jack, doubt/depression Jack, and horseman. They're all the same thing, story-wise; an inner demon Jack has to vanquish. There's also little to no work attempting to differentiate between them in a concretive manner.Beating the horseman through willpower, then beating anger through willpower like it's some new test, is redundant and repetitive. Maybe if those aspects interacted with each other in some manner, it could have been better conveyed that they're a council of inner demons that feed on each other, and that Jack's voice is stifled in that choir. Something that would convey the message "I took him out, and now I'm coming after you. You're powerful, but without depression I can beat you"

see

>>episode 5 Aishi gets saved from the electro rapist by the daughter that got thrown off the cliff

Added, scene of daughter surviving and ensuing conversation.

Added, a scene to make sense of Jack disappearing and establishing that the kids are not dead.

Added, scene of Ashi and other daughter going to wherever they're going in addition to Scaramouche.

You aren't rewriting, you're adding.

I can PROMISE you if you storyboarded all this you'd go over time. So you have to make cuts.

Thats a good point, while the pacing is wonky, and yes alot of fan suggestions would improve pacing, they only have 10 episodes.
maybe we can hope for an extended blu ray edition?

No one besides George Lucas would completely rework their creation based on fan suggestions

Seven episodes in, my only real complaint, albeit a minor one, is that the pacing is a bit rushed, at least by Samurai Jack standards. IMO this season would have benefited greatly from a 13 episode season in classic Samurai Jack fashion.

But again, a minor complaint. It's a miracle this season exists at all.

But that isn't reality where shit happens just because. When writing a story each element is added purposely and to serve a role. I can't ignore motifs being motifs. That's horrible story writing.

idk i liked it
I dont think the sword was deux ex machina, Jack had to find balance on his own to get it to make him worthy, its not like aang or korra or something where it literally came out of the blue.