What weaknesses does she even have?

What weaknesses does she even have?

She bleeds once a month for 7 days.

She secretly just wants a bf, if you go on a date with her she becomes completely powerless like a normal woman

She doesn't have the bondage weakness anymore, but if you tie her own lasso around her she probably can't get out.

She's less popular than Batman and Superman so she will always be subordinate to one or the other and will be less important in stories.

bullets

she's a DC character

the restraint to snap someone's neck

at least is not a marvel character, that would be even worse being a woman

Do bullets seriously hurt her?
A punch from doomsday won't cause serious harm but a bullet will?

Ovens

Shes just a highlevel brick.

She can be outskilled, outpowered and outsmarted

>She can be outskilled, outpowered and outsmarted
>Wonder Woman
>outskilled

Wonder Woman and Superman are cultural icons up there with Santa, Jesus and Dracula. People might not know much about them, but they'll know who they are. Their movies and comics will generally make some money, but that doesn't mean they have a good chance of being universally praised or even well liked.

Dracula is a great example comparison, movies with him don't make lots of money just because people know who the character is. There's a difference between saying everybody knows who it is, and everybody cares, and people who defend Superman and Wonder Woman seem to often confuse the two.

DC characters=overpowered dinosaurs from a bygone era

The big DC characters almost all come from a time when people didn't care about making good characters just beings with powers, origins, and costumes that seemed neato. Stan Lee came along with Marvel comics and was able to learn from their past mistakes and make better characters that can be better adapted for tv and movies and be
able to more easily create good stories, comics, movies, and tv shows.

DC characters are only better known in the West due to having a head start. Marvel characters have been fundamentally constructed to be more amenable to being a part of great storytelling.

Luckily, many DC characters will enter the public domain in the coming couple decades so Marvel can adapt the characters and make some good comics and movies.

She jobs until batman/supes swoops in to save the day

She is very, very ticklish.

Anyone can be outpowered outskilled and outsmarted, those aren't really weaknesses

Ben and Jerry's, am I right girls?

Acting

dammit Marston you're supposed to be dead!

Snyder basically portrayed her as diet Superman in BvS. She can get punched and hit all she wants by the strongest beings in the galaxy but she'll never actually get hurt or even tired.

This.

Well once upon a time, it was being tied it. That got scrapped and was replaced by binding her with her own lasso/tying her bracelets together. These days, I have no fucking idea. You see Wondy's power level has been one of the most inconsistent things in comics ever

your pasta is wrong they WERE cultural icons now they're obscure trash compared to people like Captain America and Iron Man

She seemed at least as powerful as Superman. Definatly held up better against Doomsday than Supes, who pretty much got his shit kicked in every time he came onto the screen in the final fight, even before he died.

You know it's true.
You can look at her and see it.

Bullets can hurt her.

But then that's also my weakness.

yeap, is kind of strange, sometimes she can stand against a missile explosion (I am pretty sure that sometime even an atomic blast or something near that) and darkseid punch but joe the lucky smuggler can shoot her a bullet straight in her head and kill her. Does not make sense, so you could say that bullets actually are her weakness.

serious question: does she?

I thought stabbing/penetrating things could hurt her...
That was the whole point of using her arm guards to deflect them

Bullets are a plot device, they work only when there's a need to create drama.

I think it was like a string or something. I can't remember exactly but it was like the "anti lasso".

OH, And Bondage. Being bound (maybe or maybe not by her own lasso) would strip her of her powers.

so...a speedster (not even saying flash or pr. zoom, some mid level like jessy quick or inertia, just anyone faster than her) with a knife can kill her with almost not effort...even cheetah (supposedly she is faster than ww)

I think anyone able to stop her my those means could threaten anyone on the League. What he means is that she has no Achilles heel that could be used to stop her with relative ease. If she were going to need to be stopped, she'd need to be put down with brute force, and Superman would be the only one able to do so.

iirc it's explained as her body being able to take massive amounts of pressure but the actual tensile strength not being much better than normal. So she can take a lot of blunt force trauma without any issue but something sharp or pointy will still pierce her skin.

It's kind of bullshit but then so are a lot of hero's powers

This is some nice b8 pasta. I'm gonna use it now

being bound = no more powers was pre-crisis WW shit

>Being bound (maybe or maybe not by her own lasso) would strip her of her powers.

More specific than being bound, having her bracers welded together (by a man), turning them back into the slave's cuffs they symbolize.

You wouldn't believe how many henchmen had their welder's papers in the '40s...

Apparently it's called the Bind of Veils

That's going into my fanfic...

In her team-ups with Batman, she's usually shown as the most important character, but that's because you can't put a dent to Batman's popularity.

You could show Wonder Woman pegging him and spitting on his face and the comic would probably be on Bleeding Cool's top ten best sellers.

a broken condom.

She's not that durable. Machine gun fire is enough of a threat for her to bother blocking, and she's not Neo either so it's not impossible to shoot her. Heavy machine guns could probably tear here to shreds, your average .50 BMG round can penetrate an inch of armor steel.

>You wouldn't believe how many henchmen had their welder's papers in the '40s...

Those were the days, When Henchman gave a damn. They used to put in the extra effort for their villain. Nowadays it's just show up, get punched, collect a check. It's a damn shame is what it is.

Then in Batman's ENDGAME arc Batman managed to stop Wonder Woman by binding her with a magical lasso called "Bind of Veils" that was created by Hephaestus and he bought in a black market, and which makes the bonded person remain immovable while dreaming up whatever they wish.

Hahaha, that's an incredible amount of writer ass-pull right there.
"God made this Wonder Woman neutralizing device, and sold it to me on e-bay".

And people thought Nemesis was an over-the-top parody.

I can't recall where or when but William Moulton Marston creator of Wonder Woman once has been asked the question and he said yes. But since she can have kids it seems logical that she ovulate.

To be honest, given how Azzarello's amazons were such a cunts, it makes sense that Hephaestus would feel conflicted about giving them magical weapons and armors for their male babies, something he did because he couldn't stand doing nothing knowing they were killing them by the boatloads, and decide to create some new magical weapons that could serve as countermeasures in the case the amazons grew bold and decided to fuck the rest of the world.

But Batman just buying something like that in some black market is a tad too much.

Box office sales.

In this case, acting.

Invent a WW weakness, go

Ouch.
If this movie goes Full Catwoman, the hilarity will be epic.

>Page from a Batman
>Batman pulls a Deus Bat Machina
Weird.

Well if Bruce ever needs a fresh new boy-companion, he certainly knows where to go.

She's a woman.

Bondage.

The fact that it was set during WW1 and stars Gadot killed any and all hope I had. Will probably just rewatch the animated movie

It doesn't have much competition on its own weekend, but if I remember right it is sandwiched between two big releases

Its only hope is its second weekend. Its contending against Pirates, Transformers, The Mummy, Cars, and Captain Underpants within that time frame

She obviously had her guard down.

electricity, look it up.

That basically hurts everyone

Whatever happened to being tied up as her weakness?

Catwoman's opening weekend was 16 million, behind I, Robot and the Bourne Supremacy.

Both films share the same budget, Catwoman went on to make $82 million against it's 100 million production budget.

Chinkland will almost certainly save WW from being negative. Still, I expect maybe 300 million from it, tops.

Feminism.

>Feminism.
Wonder Woman is still 100% cheesecake for boys. The reduction of the bondage fetish does absolutely nothing for that, especially against making her "Superman's Girlfriend" for a good while.

"the only to beat her"

Does anyone edit this or is this the Indian print?

Still true.

Most comic characters, boys and girls, are sexy and offer fan service. That's what I love about DC, they sexualize everything.

Hot

>still not writing a badass fantasy story about how Bruce acquired this

Shame

You've been fooled by the echo-chamber.
The only thought Feminists give to WW is when guys decide to attempt to publicly make her an "icon" of feminism, whereupon they shut that shit down.
Girls in swimsuits are only feminist when they are physically disgusting and daring you to point it out to them.

The problem here is that you're referring to modern feminism, buddy.

Old-school feminism had serious shit to deal with, they didn't much give a fuck about WW either.
Wonder Woman is a feminist strawman for White Knights to bicker over.

They should save their outrage for something that actually matters to women.

Why not buy a boy with a crownbar imunity on ebay?

What the fuck is in the Green Lantern and Flash boxes? Also why did he make a box just for her with nothing in it? To be a dramatic bitch?

As Batman demonstrated, empty briefcases

cock

Wasn't Flash's a "magical" bullet, based on the pretense that Flash would vibrate and allow the bullet to phase through him, something Flash has never, ever done in his entire career?

It's DC writing, what can I say.

Inconsistency. She's just as strong as the writers want her to be, even though her power has jumped greatly over the years. Remember when she needed the Invisible Jet to fly?

Screams in pain when she stabs you in the back.

>Inconsistency.
What is every DC hero ever?

being tied up
being written with an inconsistent power level

To a degree, but with her it seems to be more so. Most DC heroes have consistent set of powers, while Wonder Woman's have varied more. The closest you could argue is Superman of course, and since she's basically Superman but a girl now then yeah.

It's thematic. She's the most powerful woman alive but still vulnerable to piercing.

Green Lantern's box contains a Burger King gift card.

This is why she's able to have sex with mortals without crushing their penises.

Miscast

Sometimes she's a god and sometimes just the creation of one. All depends on the day I guess.

Gas this is not an anti-semitic joke

Acting

>Most DC heroes have consistent set of powers
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern
Batman is simply better than everyone at their specialty, or he's suddenly not.

What are you smoking?

Oh please there are tons of villains and super heroes strong enough to brute force bash her head in. Fuck off plebeian casual fag. Watching Justice League when you were a kid doesn't make you qualified enough on the subject to comment with authority.

None of that seems remotely accurate. What about Marvel characters makes them more 'amenable' to storytelling than DC characters? Fucking Superman has more depth to him than Spider-Man or RDJ Man these days.

And all of them are either Superman, an evil clone of Superman, or a God.
Aquaman is either fighting scuba bandits like Big Red McClane or he's rattling Superman's jaw.
Superman can either take a supernova to the chin, or he's writhing in pain from electrical powers.
Green Lantern can either effect planetary changes or even MOVE planets, or he's a guy with easily breakable constructs getting knocked out by errant softballs
Batman can either beat Karate Kid at 30th century martial arts or he's getting punked by Joker with a 2x4.
Flash, Flash is the fucking worst of them all, writers spend most of their time ignoring 95% of his established powerset.

Wonder Woman, if anything, is one of the MORE consistently written comic book characters at DC.

>Fucking Superman has more depth to him than Spider-Man or RDJ Man these days

Are we talking movie Man of Autism here or comic book "Ignore how boring I still am and look at my ADOREABLE SUPER-SON!"?

>What about Marvel characters makes them more 'amenable' to storytelling than DC characters?
Fewer expectations from the zeitgeist. Familiarity breeds contempt, after all.