Has he run officially out of ideas or has the pacing in Disney Wars just not allowed him to create anything as impact...

Has he run officially out of ideas or has the pacing in Disney Wars just not allowed him to create anything as impact and memorable as before?

The soundtracks to the prequels are objectively better than any of the sequels

They want the same stuff as before. Branding.

>the pacing in Disney Wars has not allowed him to create anything as memorable as before

Never considered this angle. I just assumed he was old and withered and his musical brain with him.

how can you be inspired to write epic memorable music for the shitty mary sue movies? these star wars are a bunch of nothing

prequels were over a decade ago. he's getting old.

You watched the movies, he has nothing to work with

>tfw the only good piece of music in TLJ was The Asteroid Field
Williams has lost it. Giacchino has succeeded him.

Wait, he seriously scored this movie? I really couldn't have known form how generic its soundtrack was.

The shit pile excuse of a movie really doesn't match him. it would have been much more suited for a hans zimmer percussionist type score

Yea but Giacchino is nowhere near as good as Williams in his prime. His scores are very one-dimensional. You seem to only get one good theme for each movie.

I kind of feel like movie soundtracks used to be more memorable.
Like you remember the star wars theme, rock, batman, superman, back to the future, terminator.
Movie posters also used to be detailed works of art. Now they just let some intern photoshop adam sandlers face onto a different guys body and call it a day.

Also writers knew the basics of creating a story and didnt shove mary sues and self inserts into everything.

What im saying is everything sucks now

Wasn't The Asteroid Field in Episode V? I haven't seen the new movie yet, has it reappeared for that soundtrack?

He had a few new good songs in the Sequels. Rey and Kylo's themes are unironically good. like said, I just don't think he has a lot to work with otherwise. the resistance theme is basically just a march like the droid one, and he has to keep going back to Luke/Leia stuff.

>I kind of feel like movie soundtracks used to be more memorable
Thats because they used the music as part of the movie, where TLJ couldn't stop quiping long enough to let a scene like "Bianary Sunset" sink in.
Even the scene where Luke evaporated felt rushed

true, the movie doesn't let you appreciate the sound so why bother?

>Rey and Kylo's themes are unironically good
yeah I was going to put that in the OP, but that's why I tend to think it more that he has less to work with than him actually "losing it"

Is he obliged to do it?

I believe so, like Hamill is

The darth maul duel is his best work

I watched a new hope the other day. You can almost hum the tune from beginning to end. I know the song when 3po and r2 are in the escape pod, I know the cantina theme, I know the theme when Luke is first introduced, the whole soundtrack is memorable. The music and story are inseparable in my mind.