Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0450232/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do it, it'll piss Disney off

jesus. 31% on rotten tomatoes. that's fucking god awful

Yes.

There's definitely worse things you could watch

Hmmmmmm...

It's a 6/10 movie. It's not bad but nothing I'd ever watch again.

Only from critics. Audience is at 90. I enjoyed it just because of it's unique concept.

And 90% audience score.

>A straight to DVD film

>90% audience rating
The movie was a 5/10

>Almond status: activated

I unironically enjoyed it more than TLJ.

>DVD

What are you, a hundred years old?

I just finished it and it was not even a decent movie

It's how I expect straight to DVD movies to be

>movie is called bright
>every scene is ultra dark at night time and/or in dark rooms to hide the makeup

Relly makes you think

But seriously no action movie that has every scene in the dark turns out good

i can tell it's dogshit right from the cover

Filled to the brim with Sup Forums-esque metaphors.

Alright Disney, you can stop shilling now.

10/10 movie for the price. If you already have a Netflix subscription than this is worth the watch. That said, I would be pissed if I had paid theater ticket price to see this... Its the best made for tv movie I've ever seen, or a really epic final episode of a television show.

what does disney have to do with some shitty netflix movie?

I like Will Smith, b grade films and shit with a supernatural theme. So is this going to be epic cinema? Clearly no but how bad can it really be? Anything that is not a tv show has been dog shit on netflix the last few years. I'm kind of interesting in seeing how this one turned out. Streaming is just the modern version of direct to dvd/vhs now.

That said, I thought the same thing for Killing Gunther and that was horrible, like barely was able to even finish it steam pile of dog shit terrible. The only interesting thing in that entire film was a fight scene staged around one camera being dropped and then kicked/moved during the fight. I had not seen that done before, at least not with as many angle changes. Everything else was horrible.

>only Hispanic cop has 5 children
>orcs are described like black people
>elves are straight up Jews who only work high position jobs
>secret Jew cult is trying to bring back The Dark Lord (moloch)
>federal Jew says to interrogation suspect "if you act like my enemy you are my enemy" without any good reason

Nice try shill

Forgot
>will smith has blonde, white wife
>she immediately gets described as "fine as hell" by a group of black people sitting around the street not even 10 feet from Will Smiths house

I feel like they wanted to set him up to be a fake out antagonist then did nothing with him.
I would've preferred if the murder hobo stuck around.

Was it anything like pic related?

It was fine. Better blockbuster than any shit Disney's ever shit out, doesn't deserve the low RT score.

ORKH LYFE

>mixed raced marriage
>Not a single white person is a good guy
>Orcs are portrayed as victims
Hmmmmmm...

I don't see the problem with this. If anything, Sup Forums should love this stuff.

Orcs are also literally the race that chose the evil dark lord and they shit on the Orceo just for not being like them.
Also do white people who look like white people but have pointy ears not count?

The Elves are supposed to be jews.

All the elves were evil. Even the one who is supposed to be a good person turns out to be a terrorist.

I would have expected him to come back if that scene wasn't a blatant allegory for the relationship between goyim and Jews

The hobo even starts out by trash talking elves/Jews but is effectively a servant for the evil cult

Not a movie I'd watch sober but still more enjoyable than most blockbusters.

but he said some orc united 9 races to fight against the demon lord

>year of our lord 2018 -9d
>trusting critics

I just watched it. It's eh, but hardly the worst. If you find the idea of Training Day meets Shadowrun and you have free time I'd give it a try.

Kind of has a weakness in the directing so it can be hard to tell what's going on at times (imo). At times they over do the "cops are mean to marginalized orcs!" motif. And I'd say they could have explored the fun ideas of the world more. But I enjoyed myself at the end.

TLJ is literally designed to be as miserable as possible.

I was only reading the metaphor inch deep.
I got the "ever notice how Elves run the banks and hollywood?" joke but wasn't he a part of the terrorist group that was fighting the guys trying to bring back the dark lord?

I'd like it if it wasn't a Netflix original, and at first glance without thinking about it it seems to be an allegory for racism.

All the elves are evil death cultists that look like white peoples. Goes without saying they're antagonists.

It honestly seems like damage control.
Not all Jews are evil, etc.

For real establishment media hates Netflix. They did the same thing with Marco Polo.

Plus Disney has their own stream service brewing.

Again, elves are supposed to be jews. There's a bloody elven district, how could the allegory not be any clearer?

>looking at critic scores
>ever

I'm watching it rn, it's pretty good. Titty bar massacre rules.

they were clearly Jews dude, white people exist in the world already.

>"Elves run the world"
>graffiti of an Elf guy with a cop in his hand and the cop is beating up orcs

Take note of how this thread isn't bumping once jews get brought up. Mods are Mossad

real spoiler

I enjoyed most of it but holy shit it annoyed me so bad when the Orc son won't kill Jakoby because earlier he had saved him from the police, it's basically the exact same payoff / twist from Training Day but I didn't see it coming.

Yes, they look like white people but aren't white people. Jews

Never mind

>48 replies
>25 posters
why is this shitty netflix flick being shilled so hard?

At least it didn't save his life, like in Training Day. So it's subverted... sort of.

literally this movie
imdb.com/title/tt0450232/

I actually liked that moment. I didn't see it coming and I think it did well to tie some of the plot threads together. What I could've gone without was the resurrection afterwards. Felt a bit to Deus Ex Machina-ish to me.

Why are Disney shills going into maximum damage control?

it is better than most of the cinema movies

It was alright, purely entertainment at best. It had the same director as suicide squad but didn't have nearly the same issues. The social commentary ultimately failed due to how blatant it was, but I don't expect subtlety from a movie by the same director as suicide squad. Will Smith is Will Smith and there's a pretty big ex-machina towards the end. Sequel already ordered so here we go

>The social commentary ultimately failed due to how blatant it was
Is there a more brainlet critique of this movie?

Yeah, you could call it the movie of the year

Nobody is calling it the movie of the year. But that doesn't change what you said to not be stupid. Orcs and Elves aren't comparable to real world race issues. The movie referenced the real world issues, but honestly they're just not the same and you can tell.

Movie made me want more from this world. Just more stories, which in my opinion is a good problem to have. It could really have used being a tv series.

Show me Dragon protocol.

>Orcs and Elves aren't comparable to real world race issues.
My man that's the point I'm trying to make, they are using that to draw a parallel to real world issues being presented. It failed because they wrote it poorly. You can totally use something like orcs and elves to draw say something about real life issues but you have to do it well.

>but how bad can it really be
>Max Landis

You can't tell me they weren't trying to make a statement

No, I regret having wasted the 2 hours I could've spent browsing Sup Forums instead.

>It could really have used being a tv series.
It was. It was called Grimm

>My man that's the point I'm trying to make, they are using that to draw a parallel to real world issues being presented.
But you're fucking wrong. They're not the same, and they're not SUPPOSE to be the same. There are similarities but at a point those similarities end and you seem to think that's a failure on the movies part. But really it just shows that there are things that are the same, and things that aren't. That doesn't make it a failure. It shows that the relationships between these fantasy races are unique.

Grimm was nothing like this, Also his Asian sidekick was a better Grimm than he was by the end of the series fuck them for not telling him sooner.

she's not white.

Just finished watching. It was honestly spectacular.
>mfw

There has to be another movie in this universe right? it's too good to be a one off

You really don't think they're trying to make a social commentary? Not even the slightest? Not even the tinniest bit? All I know is what I see and I draw a conclusion based on that, calling some random asshole on the internet a brainlet and getting upset because they came to a different conclusion that you is just kind of sad. It was a fun movie and I think it can just end there, social commentary or no.

Orcs literally dress and act like black people. Will Smith even asks his partner to translate some offensive shit to them and gets told they speak English. They're immigrants if anything.

The Jews are pretty obviously a reference to the secret cabal of Jews worshipping moloch. The metaphors are done fine albeit heavy handed and a bit all over the place at the times

That was literally the point of the resurrection though. Immediately the Orc Priest dude is like "Prophecy, bruv" and I found it was a nice play on expectations.

shit. i liked it. I'd give it a 7/10. Its not the catastrophe the reviewers say

They're making a sequel

Netshlick already greenlit a sequel.

Speaking of Netflix originals, hows Wheelman?

Was an OK movie, interesting world and characters even Will Smith's but honestly hamfisted shit tier writing and direction. I'm not even talking about the race allegories but the half the scenes seemed forced and unnatural to the world already built.

I'd like just a simple fun show about Fantasy LA.
I don't care about an overarching plot, I just want COPs but with monsters and shit.

Well, it didn't have the issue of DC producers all up in its business. So that probably helped. And anyone who missed the fact that the social commentary works as it is secondary to the establishment of the concept of Clan in Orc culture (why it is important, why it would be important to Jakoby) really missed the boat as a viewer.

if orcs are blacks and elves are ((())), what are dwarves?

I think they were drawing some parallels, but ultimately there was too much lore and world building for it to be purely about race relations. To me, the race stuff is more about adding a gritty texture to the overall flavor of the movie. The race stuff is all flavor, as is the world building. But I liked it. There's nothing wrong with world building.

7/10 is too good imo. 6/10

I liked it a lot, even rewatched it.

>From the director of suicide squad
Is that supposed to be a good thing?

I hope that's what the next movie is about but I feel we will inevitably get the dark lord. he is too big a deal in this universe to never arrive.

This is the shadowrun movie I never got

hard working short people who stand in front of home depot getting drunk and singing songs

yes goy, consume the media

why would anyone shill something thats avaliable for free

drunken rural and suburban midgets aka midwesterners

There aren't any dwarves I'm pretty sure. Would probably be 'offensive' to midgets it gave the same problems as the Hobbit employing people of normal height.

There are no Dwarves.
But if they were either Asians or Mexicans.
If they're the Mexicans they're short, hardworking, and literally stealing every shit tier manual labor job and their families are massive.
If Asian, hardworking super intelligent, they're taking all the tech jobs.

you're literally shilling for a racemixing tolerance movie you pathetic dirtbag

>why is this shitty netflix flick being shilled so hard?
Maybe people enjoyed the movie .
>b-b-but the jew reviews say it bad!!!!

No there are dwarves. The Orc boss said he used to throw parties with them in miami

Should've made the Orc a bright.

>orcs
>bright

let's not get crazy

Then I guess they're Cubans.
Imagine a Cuban Boat with Dwarven technology.

The SJWs hate this movie.

It's just like The Orville.

Critics hate Seth Macfarlane's fucking guts but no one else really gives a shit, they just like what he's serving. Critics are so far up their own ass they can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

There are dwarves. Orc boss mentioned holding a party with dwarves.