Words cant describe how much I hate nu-Carol and her shitty fans. I hope the movie flops and she goes away forever

Words cant describe how much I hate nu-Carol and her shitty fans. I hope the movie flops and she goes away forever.

Sure.

And then a mini Carolthread, since we didn't have one this Monday.

Carol thread?

Guaranteed the movie won't flop.

Marvel movies do well in the theaters.

And since she has a lot of hype behind it and a actress who can actually act *cough* Wonder *cough* Woman *cough*, it'll do 700k +

Sure Why not.

Thank you.

Tell that to Fantastic 4

where should I start reading with Carol Danvers? I liked the first issue of her most recent series

When did Carol pick up her spider fetish?

What fans? In universe doesn't count

She's a bad character don't bother reading her books.

Here's the Sup Forums recommended, but she doesn't have a real definitive origin story unless you count 459 from Avengers EMH so you can sort of start wherever and be OK.

Marquez drew a Chewie with Chewie's bandolier.

I just read Starlin's Captain Marvel run yesterday and I'm upset the movie isn't about him.

>Fans
She doesn't have fans. Only like 3 obsessive shitposting anons which try to ironically pretend to like her.

This is some great A bait image.

>its a shitposters pretend to have ever cared about Carol Danvers just to have somewhere to direct their sperg rage thread

I really liked Carol when Reed wrote the Ms Marvel run back in pre 2010, I didn't mind the costume change all that much, but goddamm they just killed this character and made her so completely unlikable. I hope one day she gets a writer who isn't just a gimmick.

why

>they just killed this character and made her so completely unlikable.
How?

It's not Carol...

I assure you I sincerely like her

>Sup Forums recommended Carol
>Carol
>Anything Marvel past 2008
That is why.
Sup Forums would never recommend her.

She would get completely torn apart by the real Captain Marvel

Not everyone is as autistic as you are. People who actually read the last volume before CWII know that it was actually decent.

I'll defend her pre-captain days any day of the week, after that though, well...fuck that dude.

Shazam doesn't have cosmic awareness.

Me too user.

is he going to come back?

Black Adam movie coming SOON.

so...never then.

The big memory loss arc was the first step and step two was making her have zero flaws that she delt with. If you compare her now with her from Reed's run she reads like she's been replaced by a Skrull. It's like KSD just said "I don't want to read what came before me, I'll just erase her memory so I don't have to deal with it."

>You are autistic if you have some taste

The masses will associate the name Captain Marvel with Carol forever and ever.

>making her have zero flaws

I won't argue that KSD sucks but writers after her completely ignored it.

>making her have zero flaws that she delt with
Umm... CWII?

As much as I want Carol to be good again I refuse to read anything with bendis' name on it, sorry, but as far as I'm concerned CW2 is something that should be avoided and ignored at all costs.

Being written by Bendis isn't a character flaw, but it certainly is something that I am ever wish on any fictional character

That I would never wish on any fictional character*

Just read last year's run before the relaunch.

>Being written by Bendis isn't a character flaw
Bendis is shit but Carol does in fact have to deal with her personal flaws because of the whole mess.

That's Fox, dipshit. I guarantee if Disney made a FF movie it would be a hit.

And to add insult to injury, after beating him into a robocoma now Tony's AI ghost is palling around with her as if nothing she did was batshit wrong and acts like they're best buds.

When? I don't remember seeing them together.

Even casuals can occasionally tell an absolute train wreck when they see it.

I'm not reading the iron heart or whatever she's called so I don't know if he's a literal ghost or just an Tony version of J.A.R.V.I.S. and Friday with his brainwaves, but he's currently "haunting" her in her solo book.

I skipped KSD's run based on a recommendation to do so, and resumed at her ANAD Captain Marvel book, her getting started as had of Alpha Flight
It felt like the same character from Reed's run, just better at keeping up appearances
she was still a big fuckup with a violence addiction that craves more responsibility than she can handle.
and in CWII, she starts a war with Stark because she doesn't share well, because she wants to prove she's a better hero than him, and ultimately because war is one of the few things she feels comfortable in
that felt in-character with Reed's run
and in her current post-war ongoing she's a psychotic mess of regret and self-loathing that has night terrors about trying to wage war against herself, has driven away most of her friends, hates her new popularity almost as much as she hated her previous lack of popularity since she feels she still hasn't earned it, and was desperately clinging to a daughter-figure as the only chance she has for absolving herself of the crime of being who she is

all felt in-character, all feels like a natural narrative progression of an arc that started way back in House of M

so whatever crimes KSD committed clearly had a negligible impact on the character

It makes me so happy when she's drawn in a classic style that isn't afraid to have a touch of cheesecake.

The movie is being fast tracked due to the writer's strike. There's a possibility it could underperformed due to this and that little boys might not want to go to see it due to it having a woman as the main character.

>writer's strike
Again? Why this time, they don't deserve more money...they really don't...

>fans
There are so, so few.

Marvel pretending that she's popular doesn't make her popular.

>1 billion in box office net
>100% RT
>best actress best cgi best cgi makeup best cgitography

Movie Carol will supplant comic carol just like it did when they cast RDJ as comic Tony.

Only way any of that is happening is if Disney buys the sun and moon and holds them ransom

>implying Disney doesn't own the Sun already.
The moon's on loan with google

So I've been saving my money for nothing?!

>Words cant describe how much I hate nu-Carol and her shitty fans.

That's a lot to hate OP. I can't imagine hating 9 people

>it'll do 700k +

Top kek mate. Doctor Strange couldn't even do over that and it had an all star cast and great visuals. 500 -600 is much more realistic

Op triggered AF

Yes user you typed your own clue right there: Tony's AI

This MCU film is probably the most likely to bomb. Even though they've done films on lesser known characters, those characters atleast had some storylines and arcs worth looking over. Carol has neither. She was either an emotional wreck, pure cheesecake or this Roman Reigns bimbo. Not to mention female led films have a lot stacked against them from the get go, they are fast tracking it and an actress like Larson doesn't have a huge following. Murphy's law also.

Isn't she meant to be the good guy in this?

They have already stated they're changing her origin. I'm sure they're well aware Carol is shit but there's only so long you can without having a woman lead a film and they're very limited

>movie flops
>they make another captain marvel movie
>that movie flops
>they make another one

I like her look and her concept. Is she really that poorly written?

One of these days I would like to see just one Sup Forums thread without vitriolic misogyny making itself known.

>92022992
One of these days I would like to see just one Sup Forums without shitposting making itself known

And I'd like to go back to the days where saying something bad about a female character or writer wasn't automatically chocked up to misogyny.

OP you are aware that the movie will have nothing to do with the comics right?

KSD then and Stohl now are both aggressively boring (Stohl lingers on bad too), the middle volume is perfectly fine.

It's the poochie thing more than everything, a ton of people where at worst, indifferent to her, until Marvel started pushing her to all hell in the most blatant and obnoxious way possible.

Then the Carol Corps became a "thing" on tumblr, and that automatically created an even deeper resentment. Thank god at least that shit is over.

What's she remembering?

Her separating Julia Carpenter from her daughter during CW2. Showed up at her house and beat her down in front of her family and kid.

Thanks to the initiative Julia carpenter was an unregistered hero, and thus breaking the law, and was literally ripped away from her daughter and taken into custody.

She's one of Marvel's accidental major characters.
She starts out as the original Captain Marvel's sidekick, but when (IRL) the government announced that they would find the cure for cancer Marvel killed him off and told everyone that they'd bring him back when the cure was found.
She was originally the troublesome sidekick, so when they had her take over the book "temporarily" her personality was already all empowered independent woman who is fleshed out by all the mistakes she (as a sidekick) always makes.
Feminists loved her.
YaddaYaddaYadda...
And Bendis recently brought her back from multiple horrendous deliberate character assassinations.

First not second, if she was still dressed in the black leotard I would cry with happiness, then at least one thing would be fixed

That is pretty funny

when she encountered an impressionable and easily manipulated teenager in the body of an adult bimbo, one she kept emotionally reliant on her for years thanks to tactical negging

That was my bad, I'm so used to writing 'CW2' that it's automatic at this point. In the legit comic I like how everyone, ever herself, knew what a completely fucked up thing it was she had done.

>I'm so used to writing 'CW2' that it's automatic at this point.
Oh god, I am so sorry.

>implying the 'AI' isn't just a true digital upload of Tony as per usual
>Implying he isn't enjoying his zero responsibility vacation where everyone has forgiven the shit he's done because he came out of CWII looking like the victim
>Implying he can't wake up out of his coma any time he feels like it

Naw, don't be, I prefer to see the silver lining in the idea that because I'm talking about comics more that I am movies is the reason why cw2 is there.

Nobody should ever have to suffer through CW2, and I'll let as many people know that as I can manage.

OMG! No wonder Sup Forums hates her so much, she's the successful gal version of us!

It should be called KSD corps. I don't think they actually liked Carol. They pretty much jumped ship when she left.

So at this point is it safe to assume Wonder Woman's failure or success is gonna be used as the baseline for fake Carols movie?

Don't be silly. They've likely finished filming Carol's movie already.
Nothing that happens with Wondie can change what's already in a film being copied by the hundreds as we type.

my worst fear is they both bomb for trying too hard to be what the other should have been i.e
Carol is too sensitive and kind and gender driven
Wonder Woman is too bloodthirsty and jaded and has little life or personality outside being a soldier

But "gender driven" is in the eye of the beholder.

Wonder Woman is only ever going to be "gender driven" if it's going to be classic comics accurate.
And 'Marvel is currently controversial just because they're doing this whole Carol-as-Marvel's-Superman thing.
But if she was a dude the controversy would be how much they were ripping off DC, not the feminism.
Seriously, think about it.

>But if she was a dude the controversy would be how much they were ripping off DC
ironically, the second half of Man of Steel makes for a better Carol Danvers movie than it does a Superman movie. just replace the Kryptonians with Kree and Zod with Ronan the Accuser
hell even the neck snap anguish makes more sense because Carol is genetically preconditioned to side with kree and would have to overcome that to make the killing blow and endure the psychological backlash that follows

That actually would have been better than all that being used to suddenly make Superman's movie an alien invasion flick.

/ourgirl/

In CW2 Carl Danvers reminds me of Hillary Clinton.

Maybe it's just me.

seemed more like margaret thatcher to me
I think we just see whichever female politician we're most familiar with

To all things an ending, eventually. Westerns, Noir, Cold War thrillers.
Novelty has a way of wearing off.

DC continues to release stinkburgers.

Black Panther & One Punch Dyke could easily speed up the demise on the Comic Book Movie fad.

>you will live to see a day when all the random bitches the hang around those awful Collider/IGN shows that RLM parodies so much suddenly be "huge fans" of Carol Captain Marvel and wear that dumb hoody based around her uniform despite there being literally zero good stories to her name
On that day, I'll go full Alan Moore.

you'll become a critically acclaimed, if controversial comic writer often credited as dragging superhero stories out of the 4kidz ghetto but considered by others a crusty fraud who only got famous because his works were misunderstood to be better than they were?

that's quite the tall ambition

I look forward to the new Swamp Thing and wish user good luck.

Here's how you keep the movie from being shitty:

1. Don't compare her to other Marvel Heroes
2. Don't make her into space Superman
3. Don't make her a caricature of Amy Schumer

With a mediocre script and a couple of good action set pieces, you can spin straw into literal box-office gold (see Doctor Strange). They need to focus on telling a story that isn't fucking teeming with what I know they want to cram it full of: "Girl Power" bullshit.